PDA

View Full Version : Smokey makes peace with the TREE

Enfilade
December 21st 05, 02:03 PM
For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE. Obviously:

1. The tree had come to kidnap him and take him back to the forest
where he lived before we took him in, where there's never enough to
eat, it rains and snows and there's no couch.
2. The tree was infiltrating our apartment as part of a dastardly plot
to turn all INSIDES into OUTSIDES (where there's never enough to eat,
it rains etc)

It's not even a real tree dammit....which just makes it all the scarier
I guess for not SMELLING right.

This year was Smokey's fourth encounter with the yule tree. We put it
up and for the first time since 2002, decorated the bottom with lights
and paper mache unbreakable ornaments (a few of those have been swatted
down by bitties, but they've outgrown "chew on the light cords" thank
Goddess)

and, about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
half asleep.

Peace on earth at last.

--Fil

kilikini
December 21st 05, 02:08 PM
"Enfilade" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
> of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
> Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE. Obviously:
>
> 1. The tree had come to kidnap him and take him back to the forest
> where he lived before we took him in, where there's never enough to
> eat, it rains and snows and there's no couch.
> 2. The tree was infiltrating our apartment as part of a dastardly plot
> to turn all INSIDES into OUTSIDES (where there's never enough to eat,
> it rains etc)
>
> It's not even a real tree dammit....which just makes it all the scarier
> I guess for not SMELLING right.
>
> This year was Smokey's fourth encounter with the yule tree. We put it
> up and for the first time since 2002, decorated the bottom with lights
> and paper mache unbreakable ornaments (a few of those have been swatted
> down by bitties, but they've outgrown "chew on the light cords" thank
> Goddess)
>
> and, about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
> half asleep.
>
> Peace on earth at last.
>
> --Fil

Awwwwwwww..........what a great story.

kili <------ smiling in Florida - for maybe the first time in a while

CatNipped
December 21st 05, 02:15 PM
"Enfilade" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
> of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
> Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE. Obviously:
>
> 1. The tree had come to kidnap him and take him back to the forest
> where he lived before we took him in, where there's never enough to
> eat, it rains and snows and there's no couch.
> 2. The tree was infiltrating our apartment as part of a dastardly plot
> to turn all INSIDES into OUTSIDES (where there's never enough to eat,
> it rains etc)
>
> It's not even a real tree dammit....which just makes it all the scarier
> I guess for not SMELLING right.
>
> This year was Smokey's fourth encounter with the yule tree. We put it
> up and for the first time since 2002, decorated the bottom with lights
> and paper mache unbreakable ornaments (a few of those have been swatted
> down by bitties, but they've outgrown "chew on the light cords" thank
> Goddess)
>
> and, about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
> half asleep.
>
> Peace on earth at last.
>
> --Fil

Aw. Poor Smokey is *finally* learning to trust in his good fortune of
being adopted by you and DP! He's such a sweetie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Kreisleriana
December 21st 05, 02:49 PM
On 21 Dec 2005 06:03:27 -0800, "Enfilade"
> yodeled:

>For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
>of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
>Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE. Obviously:
>
>1. The tree had come to kidnap him and take him back to the forest
>where he lived before we took him in, where there's never enough to
>eat, it rains and snows and there's no couch.
>2. The tree was infiltrating our apartment as part of a dastardly plot
>to turn all INSIDES into OUTSIDES (where there's never enough to eat,
>it rains etc)
>
>It's not even a real tree dammit....which just makes it all the scarier
>I guess for not SMELLING right.
>
>This year was Smokey's fourth encounter with the yule tree. We put it
>up and for the first time since 2002, decorated the bottom with lights
>and paper mache unbreakable ornaments (a few of those have been swatted
>down by bitties, but they've outgrown "chew on the light cords" thank
>Goddess)
>
>and, about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
>half asleep.
>
>Peace on earth at last.
>
>--Fil

Indeed. Sweetie fellow. ;)

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Gabey8
December 21st 05, 05:07 PM
[...]

See, we knew it was just a big green toy rack, not something to be scared
of.

It does rain sometimes when we get near the toy rack, though. But that's
because Meowmy starts using the squirt bottle when we start playing with
the pretty toys hanging on the branches.

Captain and Stanley

Irulan
December 21st 05, 05:52 PM
awwww, hive Smokey extra skritches from us for being a brave boy. Happy
yuletide to him.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Enfilade" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
> of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
> Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE. Obviously:
>
> 1. The tree had come to kidnap him and take him back to the forest
> where he lived before we took him in, where there's never enough to
> eat, it rains and snows and there's no couch.
> 2. The tree was infiltrating our apartment as part of a dastardly plot
> to turn all INSIDES into OUTSIDES (where there's never enough to eat,
> it rains etc)
>
> It's not even a real tree dammit....which just makes it all the scarier
> I guess for not SMELLING right.
>
> This year was Smokey's fourth encounter with the yule tree. We put it
> up and for the first time since 2002, decorated the bottom with lights
> and paper mache unbreakable ornaments (a few of those have been swatted
> down by bitties, but they've outgrown "chew on the light cords" thank
> Goddess)
>
> and, about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
> half asleep.
>
> Peace on earth at last.
>
> --Fil

polonca12000
December 21st 05, 08:15 PM
Awww, what a lovely story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Enfilade wrote:
> For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
> of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
> Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE. Obviously:
<snip>
about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
> half asleep.
>
> Peace on earth at last.
>
> --Fil

jmcquown
December 21st 05, 11:07 PM
Enfilade wrote:
> For the past three Yules, Smokey (our ex-feral boy) has not been fond
> of the tree. The first year, he was absolutely terrified by it. A
> Tree. from OUTSIDE. IN HERE.
(snippage)
> This year was Smokey's fourth encounter with the yule tree. We put it
> up and for the first time since 2002, decorated the bottom with lights
> and paper mache unbreakable ornaments (a few of those have been
> swatted down by bitties, but they've outgrown "chew on the light
> cords" thank Goddess)
>
> and, about an hour later, I saw Smokey stretched out under the tree,
> half asleep.
>
> Peace on earth at last.
>
> --Fil

You go, Smokey! It's just a big fake thing with toys hanging from it... it
won't hurt you :)

Jill