PDA

View Full Version : that cute little paw ...

Monique Y. Mudama
December 22nd 05, 04:12 AM
You know those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens you can get at some
supermarkets?

I was picking at the cold remains of one from a day or two ago while
watching TV. The next thing I know ...

I see a little paw on the far side of the small table, followed by two
ears and then a pair of entranced eyes.

It was just too cute! I had to give her some of the chicken (and I'm
sure I've now encouraged a habit that I will come to regret).

She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
wonder what changed ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Karen
December 22nd 05, 04:28 AM
On 2005-12-21 22:12:36 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama" > said:

> You know those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens you can get at some
> supermarkets?
>
> I was picking at the cold remains of one from a day or two ago while
> watching TV. The next thing I know ...
>
> I see a little paw on the far side of the small table, followed by two
> ears and then a pair of entranced eyes.
>
> It was just too cute! I had to give her some of the chicken (and I'm
> sure I've now encouraged a habit that I will come to regret).
>
> She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
> wonder what changed ...

It's always handy if you can find a treat they really, really like. I'm
sure she won't become a monster if she doesn't usually show interest.
Yup, they are pretty darned cute.

Takayuki
December 22nd 05, 06:22 AM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote:
>I see a little paw on the far side of the small table, followed by two
>ears and then a pair of entranced eyes.
>
>It was just too cute! I had to give her some of the chicken (and I'm
>sure I've now encouraged a habit that I will come to regret).

She's very, very cute! If you encourage it, after the entranced eyes
comes the curious whiskered snout followed by a little tongue...

December 22nd 05, 02:29 PM
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
> wonder what changed ...
>
> --
> monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Awwww.... she just couldn't resist the smell. She's like my Frankie,
she loves chicken. Frank can zero in when I'm cooking chicken, and
nearly instantly appear under my feet! Normally his housecat manners
are impeccable, but the smell of chicken turns him into a trash-digger
and a table-beggar.

Sherry

jmcquown
December 22nd 05, 03:12 PM
wrote:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
>> wonder what changed ...
>>
>> --
>> monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully
>
> Awwww.... she just couldn't resist the smell. She's like my Frankie,
> she loves chicken. Frank can zero in when I'm cooking chicken, and
> nearly instantly appear under my feet! Normally his housecat manners
> are impeccable, but the smell of chicken turns him into a trash-digger
> and a table-beggar.
>
> Sherry

Persia is the same way. She'll turn up her nose at a can of tuna but let me
cook chicken and she goes nuts. For chicken she's in the kitchen winding
around my feet, standing on her hind legs, pawing at me, begging. My
normally well-behaved, dignified Persia turns back into a hoolikitten at the
smell of chicken. Last weekend I made a chicken pot pie and you'd have
thought I'd let loose a bunch of mice in front of a barn-cat! I can only
imagine how she's going to react when I roast the cornish game hen on
Christmas!

Jill

Kreisleriana
December 22nd 05, 03:18 PM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:12:36 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
> yodeled:

>You know those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens you can get at some
>supermarkets?
>
>I was picking at the cold remains of one from a day or two ago while
>watching TV. The next thing I know ...
>
>I see a little paw on the far side of the small table, followed by two
>ears and then a pair of entranced eyes.
>
>It was just too cute! I had to give her some of the chicken (and I'm
>sure I've now encouraged a habit that I will come to regret).
>
>She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
>wonder what changed ...

CHIKKEN!!! CHIKKENCHIKKENCHIKKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Thank you, Dante ;))

I've always been bemused at the intense, dilated-eyed look Stinky gets
when I'm having chicken. I call it the "ferret face" or the "starving
Armenian." ;)

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

December 23rd 05, 01:42 AM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

> CHIKKEN!!! CHIKKENCHIKKENCHIKKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> I've always been bemused at the intense, dilated-eyed look Stinky gets
> when I'm having chicken.

Roxy gets excited when I'm eating chicken, too, but when I give her a
piece, she sniffs it but never eats it. So now, I just remind her that
she doesn't like it, and eat it all myself.

Now salmon, that's another matter. It's mandatory that I share that
with her, or she stares at me accusingly:

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/new_pictures/roxy_perfect.jpg

Joyce

CatNipped
December 23rd 05, 01:47 AM
> wrote in message
> Kreisleriana > wrote:
>
> > CHIKKEN!!! CHIKKENCHIKKENCHIKKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > I've always been bemused at the intense, dilated-eyed look Stinky gets
> > when I'm having chicken.
>
> Roxy gets excited when I'm eating chicken, too, but when I give her a
> piece, she sniffs it but never eats it. So now, I just remind her that
> she doesn't like it, and eat it all myself.
>
> Now salmon, that's another matter. It's mandatory that I share that
> with her, or she stares at me accusingly:
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/new_pictures/roxy_perfect.jpg
>
> Joyce

Ohmygawd! That face made me laugh out loud!!! Talk about your "poor little
me how dare you starve me like this" face!

Hugs,

CatNipped

CATherine
December 23rd 05, 03:08 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:12:36 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
> wrote:

>You know those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens you can get at some
>supermarkets?
>
>I was picking at the cold remains of one from a day or two ago while
>watching TV. The next thing I know ...
>
>I see a little paw on the far side of the small table, followed by two
>ears and then a pair of entranced eyes.
>
>It was just too cute! I had to give her some of the chicken (and I'm
>sure I've now encouraged a habit that I will come to regret).
>
>She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
>wonder what changed ...

Aw...but those rotisserie chickens are something special. I love the
mesquite flavor. I am afraid if someone was eating one in front of me
i would be trying to steal a bite, too!! ;-D

--
CATherine

Monique Y. Mudama
December 25th 05, 07:55 PM
On 2005-12-23, CATherine penned:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:12:36 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
> wrote:
>
>>You know those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens you can get at some
>>supermarkets?

[snip]

>>She's never been that forward about wanting human food before. I
>>wonder what changed ...
>
> Aw...but those rotisserie chickens are something special. I love the
> mesquite flavor. I am afraid if someone was eating one in front of
> me i would be trying to steal a bite, too!! ;-D

This was a lemon one. I prefer the traditional type, but they were
out ...

Yup, I love 'em. I like stripping the meat right off the bird and
eating it with my fingers, messy and greasy as it is.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Monique Y. Mudama
December 25th 05, 07:56 PM
On 2005-12-22, jmcquown penned:

> Persia is the same way. She'll turn up her nose at a can of tuna
> but let me cook chicken and she goes nuts. For chicken she's in the
> kitchen winding around my feet, standing on her hind legs, pawing at
> me, begging. My normally well-behaved, dignified Persia turns back
> into a hoolikitten at the smell of chicken. Last weekend I made a
> chicken pot pie and you'd have thought I'd let loose a bunch of mice
> in front of a barn-cat! I can only imagine how she's going to react
> when I roast the cornish game hen on Christmas!

Well, how did she?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully