PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Scare

December 25th 05, 05:45 PM
I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
be much appreciated. Thank you.

Ginger-lyn
thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
26.

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Kreisleriana
December 25th 05, 05:53 PM
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:45:20 GMT, yodeled:

>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
>enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
>growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
>She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
>ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
>become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
>don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
>her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
>spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
>won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
>be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
>Ginger-lyn
>thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
>26.

Extra powerful seasonal purrs for your girl. And you, too,
Ginger-lyn.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Monique Y. Mudama
December 25th 05, 05:53 PM
On 2005-12-25, penned:
> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit
> and enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible,
> thick growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an
> abscess. She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple
> of weeks ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has,
> over time, become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets
> are open, I don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to
> have to get her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs
> that you can spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an
> abscess, that it won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be
> fixed easily, would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Many purrs for Merlyn.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Lisa Katt
December 25th 05, 06:00 PM
skrev i meddelandet ...
>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
>enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
>growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
>She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
>ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
>become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
>don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
>her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
>spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
>won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
>be much appreciated. Thank you.

Lots of good thoughts and wishes for your little Merlyn girl!
Elisabet

Lucy's Mom
December 25th 05, 06:05 PM
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:45:20 GMT, wrote:

>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
>enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
>growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
>She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
>ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
>become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
>don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
>her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
>spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
>won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
>be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
>Ginger-lyn
>thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
>26.
>
>Home Pages:
> http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
> http://www.angelfire.com/folk/glsummer (homepage & cats)
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
> http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence Against
> Animals in Movies Website)

Many purrs and hopes that it's nothing serious....

-Kim

CatNipped
December 25th 05, 06:41 PM
Purrs coming - and let me know if I can help with the vet costs (though I
can't afford much, unfortunately).

Hugs,

CatNipped

> wrote in message
>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
> 26.
>
> Home Pages:
> http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
> http://www.angelfire.com/folk/glsummer (homepage & cats)
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
> http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence Against
> Animals in Movies Website)

Irulan
December 25th 05, 06:42 PM
Purrs and prayers that it isn't anything serious.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
> wrote in message
>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
> 26.
>
> Home Pages:
> http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
> http://www.angelfire.com/folk/glsummer (homepage & cats)
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
> http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence Against
> Animals in Movies Website)

JBHajos
December 25th 05, 07:22 PM
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:45:20 GMT, wrote:

>Any purrs that you can
>spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
>won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
>be much appreciated. Thank you.

Lots of purrs coming for poor little Merlyn. Hoping it's simple and
easily treated. Santa was good to me this year with some extremely
generous cash gifts and I can't think of anything I'd rather do with
it than help out a kitty (or slave) in distress. If you could please
give us the vet's name & address, a contribution will be on its way
ASAP. Okay???

Jeanne

Marina
December 25th 05, 08:10 PM
wrote:
> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.

Many purrs on the way for Merlyn and for you.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Adrian
December 25th 05, 08:48 PM
wrote:
> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.

Lots of purrs that it is something that's fixed easily.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Pat
December 25th 05, 09:03 PM
Our best purrs are on the way.

polonca12000
December 25th 05, 09:47 PM
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for it to be an easy-to-fix abscess,
Polonca and Soncek

wrote:

> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
> 26.
>
> Home Pages:
> http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
> http://www.angelfire.com/folk/glsummer (homepage & cats)
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
> http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence Against
> Animals in Movies Website)

Sam Nash
December 26th 05, 01:48 AM
> wrote in message
>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
> 26.

Purrs for you both.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Christina Websell
December 26th 05, 02:49 AM
> wrote in message
>I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
> 26.

Lots of purrs that it will be an abcess and easily and inexpensively
treated.

Tweed

Dan M
December 26th 05, 04:40 AM
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:45:20 +0000, glsummer wrote:

> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.

We're sending our absolute best purrs your way.

Dan

Cheryl
December 26th 05, 04:47 AM
On Sun 25 Dec 2005 12:45:20p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles
> lit and enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a
> horrible, thick growth under her chin. I am guessing (and
> hoping) it is an abscess. She is allergic to fleas, and they
> were defleaed a couple of weeks ago, but she may have dug at a
> spot before then and it has, over time, become abscessed. I
> *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I don't know how
> I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get her in
> Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess,
> that it won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed
> easily, would be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on
> Dec. 26.

Purrs that it's nothing serious.

--
Cheryl

Yoj
December 26th 05, 07:36 AM
Purrs for Merlyn and for you are on the way!

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

> wrote in message
> I was playing carols on the turntable last night, with candles lit and
> enjoying our tree. While petting Merlyn, I noticed a horrible, thick
> growth under her chin. I am guessing (and hoping) it is an abscess.
> She is allergic to fleas, and they were defleaed a couple of weeks
> ago, but she may have dug at a spot before then and it has, over time,
> become abscessed. I *Hope* that is all it is. No vets are open, I
> don't know how I'm going to cover it, but I am going to have to get
> her in Monday or Tuesday when the vets open. Any purrs that you can
> spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
> won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
> be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Ginger-lyn
> thinking about when she lost her beloved Geesha 11 years ago on Dec.
> 26.
>
> Home Pages:
> http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
> http://www.angelfire.com/folk/glsummer (homepage & cats)
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
> http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence Against
> Animals in Movies Website)

December 26th 05, 05:06 PM
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:22:45 GMT, (JBHajos)
wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:45:20 GMT, wrote:
>
>>Any purrs that you can
>>spare for my little Merlyn girl, that this is only an abscess, that it
>>won't go into her bloodstream, and that it will be fixed easily, would
>>be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Lots of purrs coming for poor little Merlyn. Hoping it's simple and
>easily treated. Santa was good to me this year with some extremely
>generous cash gifts and I can't think of anything I'd rather do with
>it than help out a kitty (or slave) in distress. If you could please
>give us the vet's name & address, a contribution will be on its way
>ASAP. Okay???
>
> Jeanne

{{{{Jeanne}}}}} Bless you and anyone else who wants to help. I will
be going in there in a few hours.

Fifth and Kenny Animal Hospital
1109 West 5th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212
(614) 294-2538

These are my long term vets, Drs. Jenne and Miley. They are kind and
wonderful guys.

I tried warm compresses yesterday to see if it is an abscess that
would break open, but no luck.

I really hope that's all it is and they can drain it.

Thank you!

Ginger-lyn
worried