PDA

View Full Version : to NMR

MJ
December 26th 05, 12:54 AM
Thank you for your advise.

However I absolutely have no idea what "your location is a little vague
since you just broadcasted the whole world on this newsgroup." mean.

Are you being sarcastic? Well, I guess it's your choice to be that way but
BE POLITE especially to new comers to your news group. I was just trying to
help a cat rather than abandoning her (searched apartments by apartments to
find the owner, called a couple of animal shelters and so on) and you are
treating me like that?

Well, if I am wrong would you care to explain.
If not, screw you.

CatNipped
December 26th 05, 01:39 AM
"MJ" > wrote in message
> Thank you for your advise.
>
> However I absolutely have no idea what "your location is a little vague
> since you just broadcasted the whole world on this newsgroup." mean.
>
> Are you being sarcastic? Well, I guess it's your choice to be that way but
> BE POLITE especially to new comers to your news group. I was just trying
> to help a cat rather than abandoning her (searched apartments by
> apartments to find the owner, called a couple of animal shelters and so
> on) and you are treating me like that?
>
> Well, if I am wrong would you care to explain.
> If not, screw you.

He simply meant that, this being UseNet, people from all over the world read
it and have no idea where you're posting from unless you tell them. We have
people who post here from Finland, Australia, the UK, and Thailand to just
name a few.

Hugs,

CatNipped

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 26th 05, 06:04 PM
MJ wrote:

> Thank you for your advise.
>
> However I absolutely have no idea what "your location is a little vague
> since you just broadcasted the whole world on this newsgroup." mean.
>
> Are you being sarcastic? Well, I guess it's your choice to be that way but
> BE POLITE especially to new comers to your news group. I was just trying to
> help a cat rather than abandoning her (searched apartments by apartments to
> find the owner, called a couple of animal shelters and so on) and you are
> treating me like that?
>
> Well, if I am wrong would you care to explain.
> If not, screw you.

It's posts like the one you're objecting to that earned NMR
a place in my kill-file. Maybe he/she is just totally
tactless, but a few posts like that one were enough for me.
(Who needs it?)

NMR
December 26th 05, 06:26 PM
You still are a bitch Evelyn in my book there is to many reason why you
earned that title.

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message

> MJ wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your advise.
>>
>> However I absolutely have no idea what "your location is a little vague
>> since you just broadcasted the whole world on this newsgroup." mean.
>>
>> Are you being sarcastic? Well, I guess it's your choice to be that way
>> but BE POLITE especially to new comers to your news group. I was just
>> trying to help a cat rather than abandoning her (searched apartments by
>> apartments to find the owner, called a couple of animal shelters and so
>> on) and you are treating me like that?
>>
>> Well, if I am wrong would you care to explain.
>> If not, screw you.
>
> It's posts like the one you're objecting to that earned NMR a place in my
> kill-file. Maybe he/she is just totally tactless, but a few posts like
> that one were enough for me. (Who needs it?)

Dan M
December 26th 05, 06:55 PM
Calling one of the group's caring regulars by harsh names is a good way to
get added to lots of killfiles at once.

Politeness and civility is never out of place, but incivility usually is.

<plonk>

NMR
December 26th 05, 07:13 PM
Add me if you want Dan this is between me and her something that she
started before this
if you want to get involved more power to you

"Dan M" > wrote in message
> Calling one of the group's caring regulars by harsh names is a good way to
> get added to lots of killfiles at once.
>
> Politeness and civility is never out of place, but incivility usually is.
>
> <plonk>

Kreisleriana
December 26th 05, 08:11 PM
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:26:00 GMT, "NMR"
> yodeled:

>You still are a bitch Evelyn in my book there is to many reason why you
>earned that title.

I don't want to see anyone in this ng address another in that way. I
don't find that acceptable.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Christine K.
December 26th 05, 10:44 PM
NMR wrote:
> You still are a bitch Evelyn in my book there is to many reason why you
> earned that title.

She may have a sharp tongue and at times hurt people's feelings (mine
too, occasionally), but still it doesn't justify calling anyone names.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 27th 05, 01:51 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:26:00 GMT, "NMR"
> > yodeled:
>

>>You still are a bitch Evelyn in my book there is to many reason why you
>>earned that title.
>>

> I don't want to see anyone in this ng address another in that way. I
> don't find that acceptable.

Precisely the reason WHY "NMR" is in my kill-file! If
he/she/it has authored more civil posts, it was long after
earning a rightful place there. (Consequently, I've not
seen them, but I can't really believe I've missed much.)

Adrian
December 27th 05, 01:03 PM
Christine K. wrote:
> NMR wrote:
>> You still are a bitch Evelyn in my book there is to many reason why
>> you earned that title.
>>

> She may have a sharp tongue and at times hurt people's feelings (mine
> too, occasionally), but still it doesn't justify calling anyone names.

I concur, Christine, NMR is now killfiled.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

NMR
December 27th 05, 04:09 PM
Go right on ahead an kill file me. That snob b@tch earned her name by
accusing and commenting that I mental abused my wife and family.

Before you all jump and be holy know what you are defending. She has a
sharp tongue so what I can deal with that when it towards me leave my family
out of it. I don't take anything from anyone who comments about my family.

She openly comments about me she is going to get it right back 100 times
worse.

So kill file me all you want I will still be here whether you like it or
not.

cybercat
December 27th 05, 04:15 PM
"NMR" > wrote in message
> Go right on ahead an kill file me. That snob b@tch earned her name by
> accusing and commenting that I mental abused my wife and family.
>
> Before you all jump and be holy know what you are defending. She has a
> sharp tongue so what I can deal with that when it towards me leave my
family
> out of it. I don't take anything from anyone who comments about my
family.

> She openly comments about me she is going to get it right back 100 times
> worse.
>
> So kill file me all you want I will still be here whether you like it or
> not.

Now, NMR, I would comment but I hate to take sides.

Can't we all just get along.

*tongue planted firmly in cheek*

NMR
December 27th 05, 04:23 PM
You are one of the smart ones keeping out of something that is between me
and her that she loves to keep it going.

But alright since you asked I will be nice. I will end and start the new
year by "trying" to leave the snob alone
If you have noticed I only give it to her when she openly comments about me
but neither here nor there.

But I will not change my opinion about her. She earned that title

Didn't she has you added to her kill file list for being a troll if I
remember correctly?

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "NMR" > wrote in message
>> Go right on ahead an kill file me. That snob b@tch earned her name by
>> accusing and commenting that I mental abused my wife and family.
>>
>> Before you all jump and be holy know what you are defending. She has a
>> sharp tongue so what I can deal with that when it towards me leave my
> family
>> out of it. I don't take anything from anyone who comments about my
> family.
>>
>> She openly comments about me she is going to get it right back 100 times
>> worse.
>>
>> So kill file me all you want I will still be here whether you like it or
>> not.
>>

> Now, NMR, I would comment but I hate to take sides.
>
> Can't we all just get along.
>
> *tongue planted firmly in cheek*

Dan M
December 27th 05, 04:25 PM
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:09:35 +0000, NMR wrote:

> Go right on ahead an kill file me. That snob b@tch earned her name by
> accusing and commenting that I mental abused my wife and family.
>
> Before you all jump and be holy know what you are defending. She has a
> sharp tongue so what I can deal with that when it towards me leave my family
> out of it. I don't take anything from anyone who comments about my family.

I haven't seen her make any comments about your family on this group. And
if she didn't harrass you on this group, then please don't harrass her on
this group. With the problems we had with trolls not too long ago, none of
us wants to see any member of this group subjected to name-calling.

Please, if you have problems with Evelyn or any other regular of this
group, take it off-list. If anyone tries to attack you on-list we'll also
ask them to move that off-list. We just don't want to have to suffer
through bickering between two individuals. Think of this group as a large
shared living room. Someone who visits in my living room and starts
throwing hostile names at another guest will get an invitation to leave.
If you've got to call someone names, do it somewhere else. This is not an
appropriate forum.

NMR
December 27th 05, 04:40 PM
Dan I will apologize to the group and you for my open comment but not to
her.

You may have not seen the comment but she did before but neither here nor
there it is between me and her. I am a troll and killfile in her book that
is fine in my book. I don't killfile unless it is a complete idiot I just
delete.

You are right about the open forum and the commenting but the same goes for
the other side. When I am openly commented about the commenter is going to
get it right back just like every one else does out here.

But either my other post has not made it or you missed it. I told cybercat
( who is also killed filed by Evelyn for being a supposed troll) I would
leave her alone but as I said when you openly attack you are going to get
it back both barrels. I will just keep the name calling to a civil level
from now on.

cybercat
December 27th 05, 04:47 PM
"NMR" > wrote in message
. ..
> You are one of the smart ones keeping out of something that is between me
> and her that she loves to keep it going.
>
> But alright since you asked I will be nice. I will end and start the new
> year by "trying" to leave the snob alone
> If you have noticed I only give it to her when she openly comments about
me
> but neither here nor there.
>
> But I will not change my opinion about her. She earned that title
>
> Didn't she has you added to her kill file list for being a troll if I
> remember correctly?

*GRIN* Happy New Year, Matthew.

NMR
December 27th 05, 04:50 PM
Yeah yeah yeah is it to late for a bah humbug :-)
Happy New Year Lyn
< Smiling ear to ear >

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "NMR" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> You are one of the smart ones keeping out of something that is between me
>> and her that she loves to keep it going.
>>
>> But alright since you asked I will be nice. I will end and start the new
>> year by "trying" to leave the snob alone
>> If you have noticed I only give it to her when she openly comments about
> me
>> but neither here nor there.
>>
>> But I will not change my opinion about her. She earned that title
>>
>> Didn't she has you added to her kill file list for being a troll if I
>> remember correctly?
>>

> *GRIN* Happy New Year, Matthew.

Dan M
December 27th 05, 04:59 PM
> But either my other post has not made it or you missed it. I told cybercat
> ( who is also killed filed by Evelyn for being a supposed troll) I would
> leave her alone but as I said when you openly attack you are going to get
> it back both barrels. I will just keep the name calling to a civil level
> from now on.

I appreciate that. You're right, I didn't see Evelyn make inappropriate
comments about you, but with all the traffic in this group I don't read
all the messages, either. But if ever I do see *anyone* making
inappropriate comments about one of our regulars (including you) I will
ask them to take it off-list. And I happen to agree with Evelyn about
cybercat; I've had her killfiled for some time now for her tendency to
make inflammatory and inappropriate remarks in this group.

I've added a lot of people to my killfile in recent months, and that's
unfortunate. I really don't want to be perceived as a netcop, I'm just
really, really sensitive now about personal battles going on in a public
forum.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 27th 05, 07:36 PM
Dan M wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:09:35 +0000, NMR wrote:
>

>>Go right on ahead an kill file me. That snob b@tch earned her name by
>>accusing and commenting that I mental abused my wife and family.
>>
>>Before you all jump and be holy know what you are defending. She has a
>>sharp tongue so what I can deal with that when it towards me leave my family
>>out of it. I don't take anything from anyone who comments about my family.
>

> I haven't seen her make any comments about your family on this group. And
> if she didn't harrass you on this group, then please don't harrass her on
> this group. With the problems we had with trolls not too long ago, none of
> us wants to see any member of this group subjected to name-calling.

The only "comment" I recall making directly to NMR (aka No
More Retail) was in protest to one of his/her/its insults to
another rpca poster, followed by "(P-L-O-N-K!)". (From
which point onward I was spared any further posts from that
source, except in replies you guys make to it.) Judging
from the quote you included above, one might call its
literacy into question - perhaps its reading comprehension
is equally lacking?

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 27th 05, 07:49 PM
Dan M wrote:

> I appreciate that. You're right, I didn't see Evelyn make inappropriate
> comments about you,

You didn't see it because it never happened! (Unless you
consider "plonking" him/her/it - along with protesting an
insulting post about one of our regular members -
"inappropriate".) Evidently No More Retail has cleaned up
his act since then (along with changing his name) but I
would hardly call him "regular" since he didn't appear here
until the troll incursion last summer (when his posts made a
good imitation of being one of them). I've been posting to
the group for the better part of five years, and many others
were here when I started. They merit the term "regular",
I don't think NMR does (unless he was here under yet another
name).

NMR
December 27th 05, 10:39 PM
I won't even bother saying anything just proves my point
At this time I am adding her to my delete file not a kill file just a delete
file

December 28th 05, 12:57 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote:

> Judging
> from the quote you included above, one might call its
> literacy into question - perhaps its reading comprehension
> is equally lacking?

NMR is a man, not an "it".

He wasn't very nice to call you what he called you, but it's very poor
netiquette to criticize another poster's writing skills. What's next, a
spelling flame? That's the last resort of someone who has nothing better
to say.

Joyce

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 28th 05, 01:34 AM
wrote:

> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote:
>
> > Judging
> > from the quote you included above, one might call its
> > literacy into question - perhaps its reading comprehension
> > is equally lacking?
>
> NMR is a man, not an "it".

Are you sure? I admit I "plonked" him early in his career
here (when he was calling himself "No More Retail", and
insulting almost anyone who replied to his trollish posts)
but I certainly haven't seen anything among subsequent
quotes in replies to his posts that seem to warrant
UNplonking him.

> He wasn't very nice to call you what he called you, but it's very poor
> netiquette to criticize another poster's writing skills. What's next, a
> spelling flame? That's the last resort of someone who has nothing better
> to say.
>
> Joyce

NMR
December 28th 05, 02:26 AM
Once a snob always a snob

I shortened it to NMR instead of every one having to typing NO MORE RETAIL
out. And hence almost anyone that matters knows my real name

As I said she can't leave it alone and everyone was wondering why I gave her
that so well deserved title

First my wife and family that she can't recall typing it, now she is
questioning my man hood.

But neither here nor there all she is doing is showing her real side to
everyone

December 28th 05, 06:51 PM
NMR wrote:
> Yeah yeah yeah is it to late for a bah humbug :-)
> Happy New Year Lyn
> < Smiling ear to ear >

Honey, cybercat is NOT me. Please do not confuse me with that ****. I
always sign my posts with my initial. Cybercat won't tell you her real
name, but we all know it anyway thanks to Karma.
-L.
(posting from my gmail account)