PDA

View Full Version : Back, exhausted

badwilson
December 26th 05, 01:39 PM
Well, I'm back home after my girly Christmas in Bangkok. Exhausted.
The whole thing almost didn't happen. On Friday afternoon, at 2:30, I
suddenly got extremely ill. Within a 10 minute time period, I went from
feeling perfectly fine to incredibly nauseous, bad case of the runs, hot
and cold flashes, and close to passing out whenever I tried to stand up.
I lost a ton of fluids and by 5 pm I was puking, which made me lose even
more fluids. I lay on the couch drinking electrolytes, worrying about
how the heck I was going to make it to Bangkok the following morning.
Then I suddenly felt perfectly fine again by 8:30 pm, just like that!
I had had some boiled eggs for breakfast, maybe it was from that. Very
weird.
Anyway, I managed to get myself on the bus to BKK the next day and
arrived just in time to join my girlfriends for lunch. After that, we
went to the salon and had manicures/pedicures and after that we had
facials at another spa. In the evening, my friend Elsa had some more
friends over for drinks at her apartment, so that was nice too.
I stayed the night at my other friend Meghan's and the next morning she
popped the champagne and we sat out on her 20th floor balcony and had
mimosas. After that, we got ready and headed out for our Christmas
Brunch on the river. We got a little bit confused about which boat
would take us from the skytrain to the hotel where the brunch was, and
ended up on a riverside tour of Bangkok's ritzy riverside hotels, but it
was nice anyway. Finally arrived at brunch at noon, properly starving
and we managed to do justice to the buffet. We sat right on the river's
edge and paced ourselves with the eating and by 4 pm we had managed to
put away 2 more bottles of champagne :-)
After that we headed for the mall for some drunken shopping (not
advisable!) and then went to Elsa's for apple pie with ice cream.
This morning my friend Meghan left at 4:30 am to go home to the US for
10 days and Elsa and I visited 2 other friends in the hospital this
mid-morning. Nothing serious, one had liposuction and the other one had
her eyes done!!! It was a mother daughter bonding thing ;-)
I was going to stay another night but felt pretty exhausted from the
weekend and came home on the bus this afternoon. I am going to
recuperate and abstain from any drinking until New Year's, when I'm
heading to BKK again.
I hope everyone had a very good holiday!
Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

December 27th 05, 08:46 AM
badwilson > wrote:

> Well, I'm back home after my girly Christmas in Bangkok. Exhausted.
> The whole thing almost didn't happen. On Friday afternoon, at 2:30, I
> suddenly got extremely ill.

Wow, I'm sorry that happened! It definitely sounds like food poisoning.
But not all that serious (even if you were miserable while it was
happening), since it was gone so quickly. Probably once you got the toxin
out of your system, you were fine again. I'm glad you got to enjoy your
time in Bangkok. Sounds like a very pleasurable time, and clearly you
were over the illness if you could drink alcohol without getting sick again.

Joyce

Shiral
December 27th 05, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a grand time was had by all, Britta. =o)

I myself have that Christmas feeling of "What a good Christmas it
was--and thank HEAVENS it's over! It was a fairly quiet Christmas Day
with my mom, my sister and my mother's gentleman friend Mark. We had
scrambled eggs, bacon and panetone for breakfast, and then lounged
about reading the Sunday papers while waiting for my brother and my
nephew to show up. My mom and my sister were glued to a videotaped
lecture about the discovery of the ivory-billed woodpecker. (Rare and
endangered, and previously thought to be extinct so I guess it's an
important discovery. But I went for a walk, wondering how I ended up in
a family that obsessively interested in birds with unopened Christmas
packages lying around. Around 3 p.m. everyone stopped waiting for the
others and lay down to take naps. Guess when my brother and nephew
showed up? Five minutes later, of course! After spending two days
with my brother and nephew running around shooting little foam rubber
donuts at each other, I think I'm very happy to have some peace and
quiet again. =o) I hope everyone else had good Christmases, although
I know Helen's wasn't all she could have wished.

Melissa