PDA

View Full Version : shaving eyebrows

yelli
August 13th 03, 02:44 AM
I was reading in "Shrinking the Cat" by Sue Hubbell that according to
Herodotus, who wrote "the Histories", in ancient Egypt when a cat died
a natural death, the inhabitants of that house used to shave their
eyebrows. I was just wondering if anyone knows why these people did
that.

Caroline S.
August 13th 03, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a sign of mourning, kind of like wearing black arm
bands.

-Caroline S.