PDA

View Full Version : Can I snag some purrs please?

Karen AKA Kajikit
July 11th 06, 01:56 AM
I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!

My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

July 11th 06, 02:02 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:

> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Sounds like conjunctivitis, which just means "inflammation of the
conjunctiva". That's a membrane around your eye. It can be caused
by a number of things - an infection, or allergies, an irritant (ie,
something in your eye), and maybe other things.

Sometimes it just goes away by itself, but if you do have an infection,
you'll need to get it treated. If you wake up tomorrow and find that your
eyelashes seem to be cemented together, that's definitely conjunctivitis,
and you should probably see a doctor.

In the meantime, run a facecloth under warm water, and then hold that
against your eye. That can often help a lot.

Purrs that it's something minor!
Joyce

July 11th 06, 02:03 AM
wrote:

> Sounds like conjunctivitis, which just means "inflammation of the
> conjunctiva"....

Oh, forgot to mention - this can often be quite contagious, so take care
when rubbing your eye and then touching things. I even think this is one
of the ailments you can get from/give to cats. I believe I got it from
Roxy once, many years ago.

Joyce

Karen
July 11th 06, 02:28 AM
On 2006-07-10 19:56:26 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit > said:

> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Oo. Don't wait too long on that Karen. Hope it is feeling better soon.

Cheryl
July 11th 06, 02:33 AM
On Mon 10 Jul 2006 08:56:26p, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty
> asking about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I
> could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's
> nothing visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can
> I please have some purrs for it to get better? I really don't
> want to have to go to the doctor just now if it's an eye
> infection or something.

I hope it turns out to be just fatigue. Purrs from the furry ones
here for it to be nothing serious.

--
Cheryl

July 11th 06, 03:18 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Don't wait too long! Your eyes are too precious. Maybe pinkeye? (is
that just a slang word for conjuctivitis, maybe they're they same
thing)
Purrs a'coming for you. Hope it clears up quick.

Sherry

Kreisleriana
July 11th 06, 04:10 AM
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:56:26 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> yodeled:

>I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
>about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
>My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
>visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
>some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
>the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

I've had conjuntivitis, and it is incredibly uncomfortable. Purrs for
all to be well.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Christine Burel
July 11th 06, 04:12 AM
Is it the sclera(white) part of your eye that's red? If it is others have
suggested conjunctivitis, which I think call for antibiotic eyedrops; but if
it's your eyelid you may have a stye (infected follicle); in which case hot
warm washcloths may help relieve the irritation of the infection and help
bring it to a head.
purrs, in any case!
Christine
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Karen AKA Kajikit
July 11th 06, 04:42 AM
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:12:58 -0600, "Christine Burel"
> wrote:

>Is it the sclera(white) part of your eye that's red? If it is others have
>suggested conjunctivitis, which I think call for antibiotic eyedrops; but if
>it's your eyelid you may have a stye (infected follicle); in which case hot
>warm washcloths may help relieve the irritation of the infection and help
>bring it to a head.
>purrs, in any case!

Thanks Christine... it's the white part at the outside corner... I've
had a stye once or twice before and it was mighty uncomfortable for a
few days, but I don't think this is the same thing. I'll see how it is
in the morning - if it's not 100% better it'll be time for a doctor's
appointment - I've got very flawed eyesight as it is, so I don't mess
around with what I've got left.

Takayuki
July 11th 06, 06:07 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!

If your eye is red and sore, that's not a minor problem, especially to
the owner of the eye! Purrs for your eye situation.

angel
July 11th 06, 06:13 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

PRAYER PEOPLE PRAYER

THA HECK IS PURR?

sandra
July 11th 06, 10:47 AM
Go see the doc! Purrs it will get better soon.

sandra

Adrian A
July 11th 06, 11:31 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Purrs for your eye, there's pleanty for everybody.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

CatNipped
July 11th 06, 01:07 PM
Purrs for it to be only tired eye. If it hasn't gotten any better today,
though, I would definitely go get some drop from my doctor - eye infections
are not something you want to deal with!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Irulan
July 11th 06, 03:17 PM
aw, poor baby. PUrrs and prayers from us that your eye clears up soon. If it
doesn't, please go to your doctor immediately.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

July 11th 06, 03:49 PM
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:56:26 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
>about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
>My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
>visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
>some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
>the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Purrs on their way for you, Karen.

I have a sore eye, too. I did the dumbest thing. While starting to
wash my hair, I squeezed the nearly-empty bottle of shampoo, and
somehow, a glob of shampoo landed right in my eye! I flushed with
water for what seemed like forever, and it finally felt better, but
still hurts. So, I sympathize!

Ginger-lyn
Professional Klutz

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Karen AKA Kajikit
July 11th 06, 04:05 PM
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:49:30 GMT, wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:56:26 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:
>
>>I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
>>about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>>
>>My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
>>visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
>>some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
>>the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.
>
>Purrs on their way for you, Karen.
>
>I have a sore eye, too. I did the dumbest thing. While starting to
>wash my hair, I squeezed the nearly-empty bottle of shampoo, and
>somehow, a glob of shampoo landed right in my eye! I flushed with
>water for what seemed like forever, and it finally felt better, but
>still hurts. So, I sympathize!

Ouch! That must have burned! I hate getting soap in my eyes...

My poor eye definitely has conjunctivitis but John says that you don't
need to go to the doctor for it because it's a virus and it'll go away
by itself... he's had it a zillion times, but it's new to me! Thanks
for the purrs... I'm pretty sure it'll go away by itself and it's only
a very minor discomfort now.

polonca12000
July 11th 06, 10:52 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Sam
July 12th 06, 04:25 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I know this is a terribly minor problem so I feel a bit guilty asking
> about it... but the power of the purr is strong and I could use it!
>
> My eye has suddenly got sore and red this afternoon... there's nothing
> visible in it and I can see just fine, but it hurts! Can I please have
> some purrs for it to get better? I really don't want to have to go to
> the doctor just now if it's an eye infection or something.
Late in seeing this, but I do hope your eye is better.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe