PDA

View Full Version : Poor Vino has acne :-(

badwilson
August 13th 03, 10:44 AM
Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
Upon further investigation, I noticed a whole bunch of them. Some came off
with a bit of gentle fingernail scratching, but others didn't. Dennis was
summoned for assistance. We ended up squeezing one and a huge blackhead
with a 4-5mm root came out! Ick! Poor Vino wasn't happy, although he was
very well behaved. We are so proud of him. We squeezed out 2 more after
that. Then we cleaned up the area with some alcohol, which Vino didn't
appreciate either. This morning it looks like he has some scabs, but
otherwise well. I guess we are going to have to clean his chin with a wet
cloth now and again so this doesn't happen again. We don't even use plastic
bowls for food or water, only stainless steel. But I'm not surprised, in
this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how well
Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in bed
with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Alan Erskine
August 13th 03, 11:00 AM
I went to your website and saw the pics of Vino. He has such a beautiful
face. I hope the zitcream works.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
> Upon further investigation, I noticed a whole bunch of them. Some came
off
> with a bit of gentle fingernail scratching, but others didn't. Dennis was
> summoned for assistance. We ended up squeezing one and a huge blackhead
> with a 4-5mm root came out! Ick! Poor Vino wasn't happy, although he was
> very well behaved. We are so proud of him. We squeezed out 2 more after
> that. Then we cleaned up the area with some alcohol, which Vino didn't
> appreciate either. This morning it looks like he has some scabs, but
> otherwise well. I guess we are going to have to clean his chin with a wet
> cloth now and again so this doesn't happen again. We don't even use
plastic
> bowls for food or water, only stainless steel. But I'm not surprised, in
> this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how
well
> Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in
bed
> with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
> --
> Britta
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

August 13th 03, 11:05 AM
Speaking of cats and zits, I've noticed that I get small pimples around
the tip of my nose after Roxy and I have been rubbing noses a lot. Kind
of makes me wonder what kind of bacteria is getting onto my nose, and
maybe sometimes *in* my nose...

Joyce

Stacey
August 13th 03, 12:53 PM
We say that Mr. Bob is a perpetual teenager because he always has zits on
his chin!!!! No plastic bowls here, either.. and his are year round.
Careful.. pretty soon Vino will be asking to go to the mall all the time,
getting all moody, etc... just like a teenager!

Stacey :)

"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
> Upon further investigation, I noticed a whole bunch of them. Some came
off
> with a bit of gentle fingernail scratching, but others didn't. Dennis was
> summoned for assistance. We ended up squeezing one and a huge blackhead
> with a 4-5mm root came out! Ick! Poor Vino wasn't happy, although he was
> very well behaved. We are so proud of him. We squeezed out 2 more after
> that. Then we cleaned up the area with some alcohol, which Vino didn't
> appreciate either. This morning it looks like he has some scabs, but
> otherwise well. I guess we are going to have to clean his chin with a wet
> cloth now and again so this doesn't happen again. We don't even use
plastic
> bowls for food or water, only stainless steel. But I'm not surprised, in
> this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how
well
> Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in
bed
> with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
> --
> Britta
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

badwilson
August 13th 03, 03:24 PM
"lewe" > wrote in message

> poor Vino - he is very tough to suffer that without too much complaining!
> It is very common for cats to have more or less "dirty" chins. Thea and
Bono
> have a little, on and off, never so bad that anything had to be squeezed
> though, or any inflammations or such. I do wash their chins with some
> antiseptic, slightly astringent stuff - regularly if needed or just once
in
> a while. When there is little or no immediate problem, I think brushing
> helps too. You can get a cream from a vet if it's difficult to control
with
> washing, if the chin should get really bad with an inflammation it
probably
> needs to be cleaned by a vet and treated with antibiotics.
> Purrs for Zitface ...

Thanks, Lena. Yes, I thought of cleaning his chin with an astringent
cleaner. I think I'll wait until his pores close back up and his chin heals
up a bit and then clean his chin regularly.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

Sherry
August 13th 03, 04:22 PM
>But I'm not surprised, in
>this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how well
>Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in bed
>with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
>--
>Britta

Poor Vino! He *was* a good boy to let you work on him like that.

Sherry

Sherry
August 13th 03, 04:26 PM
>Speaking of cats and zits, I've noticed that I get small pimples around
>the tip of my nose after Roxy and I have been rubbing noses a lot. Kind
>of makes me wonder what kind of bacteria is getting onto my nose, and
>maybe sometimes *in* my nose...
>
>Joyce

Ack, Joyce, I think about the same thing. Like I mentioned in a post yesterday,
Frank likes to kiss me. A Frank Kiss is when he smashes his nose under my nose
and around my mouth. Right now I have a blister on my tongue and am hoping it's
from eating too many garden tomatoes and NOT from some horrid bacteria where I
will eventually be forced to tell the doctor I kiss cats.

Sherry

polonca12000
August 13th 03, 04:40 PM
Poor Vino!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
<snip>

Lorna
August 13th 03, 04:44 PM
> Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.

Britta - one of my cats had this despite ceramic feeding dishes - my vet
advised washing Missy's chin with a mild soap or cleanser such as
"Cetaphil" - worked well for us.
I've always enjoyed your pictures of Vino - he's such a handsome, assured
fellow.........Lorna

Ginger-lyn Summer
August 13th 03, 07:05 PM
On 13 Aug 2003 04:44:13 -0500, "badwilson" >
wrote:

>Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
>Upon further investigation, I noticed a whole bunch of them. Some came off
>with a bit of gentle fingernail scratching, but others didn't. Dennis was
>summoned for assistance. We ended up squeezing one and a huge blackhead
>with a 4-5mm root came out! Ick! Poor Vino wasn't happy, although he was
>very well behaved. We are so proud of him. We squeezed out 2 more after
>that. Then we cleaned up the area with some alcohol, which Vino didn't
>appreciate either. This morning it looks like he has some scabs, but
>otherwise well. I guess we are going to have to clean his chin with a wet
>cloth now and again so this doesn't happen again. We don't even use plastic
>bowls for food or water, only stainless steel. But I'm not surprised, in
>this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how well
>Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in bed
>with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
>--
>Britta
>Check out pictures of Vino at:
>http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

Such a good kitty! Our Zitface cat, Trill, sends sympathy purrs to
Vino.

Ginger-lyn

LAL
August 13th 03, 08:50 PM
Oh just wear one of those shirts with "I kiss my cat on the mouth" written
in french.... ;-)
J'embrasse mon chat sur la bouche
"Sherry " > wrote in message
<snip>
>Right now I have a blister on my tongue and am hoping it's
> from eating too many garden tomatoes and NOT from some horrid bacteria
where I
> will eventually be forced to tell the doctor I kiss cats.
>
> Sherry

Victor M. Martinez
August 13th 03, 09:00 PM
LAL > wrote:
>Oh just wear one of those shirts with "I kiss my cat on the mouth" written
>in french.... ;-)
>J'embrasse mon chat sur la bouche

Hehe.... Fez has this thing he does. He will come over near your face and
start smelling your nose, mouth, etc. If you don't tightly close your mouth,
he'll start licking your lips trying to get into your mouth!!! The first
time he did it I didn't know how far he'd go and I started giggling. Well,
this resulted in him sticking his tongue inside my mouth!!! Crazy kitten.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Tanada
August 13th 03, 09:13 PM
LAL wrote:

> Oh just wear one of those shirts with "I kiss my cat on the mouth" written
> in french.... ;-)
> J'embrasse mon chat sur la bouche

I want one.

Pam S. who J'embrasses all her cats sur la bouche

Sherry
August 13th 03, 10:21 PM
>LAL wrote:
>>
>> Oh just wear one of those shirts with "I kiss my cat on the mouth" written
>> in french.... ;-)
>> J'embrasse mon chat sur la bouche
>>

>I want one.
>
>Pam S. who J'embrasses all her cats sur la bouche

I want one, too!!!

Sherry

August 14th 03, 07:11 AM
Sherry > wrote:

> Right now I have a blister on my tongue and am hoping it's
> from eating too many garden tomatoes and NOT from some horrid
> bacteria where I will eventually be forced to tell the doctor
> I kiss cats.

LOL!!! You will have to come out of the closet! :)

Joyce

August 14th 03, 07:13 AM
badwilson > wrote:

> Well, he didn't just *sit* there, he did have to be held down. But he only
> tried to stiff-arm us away and meowed a bit. No major struggles and no
> chance of being shredded :-) He's definitely not on drugs.

I hope you know I was just kidding!

I'm just amazed that you were able to do it at all, and that you came out
unscathed. Lambchop shreds me if I try to pet her for more than 30 seconds.

> I don't know
> what it is, he's just super trusting of us. I hope it's because he knows
> that we'd never hurt him.

He's a great cat!

Joyce

dsh-diva
August 14th 03, 09:21 AM
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:00:37 +0000 (UTC),
(Victor M. Martinez) wrote:

>LAL > wrote:
>>Oh just wear one of those shirts with "I kiss my cat on the mouth" written
>>in french.... ;-)
>>J'embrasse mon chat sur la bouche
>
>Hehe.... Fez has this thing he does. He will come over near your face and
>start smelling your nose, mouth, etc. If you don't tightly close your mouth,
>he'll start licking your lips trying to get into your mouth!!! The first
>time he did it I didn't know how far he'd go and I started giggling. Well,
>this resulted in him sticking his tongue inside my mouth!!! Crazy kitten.

Xena and Callisto do this too!! Callisto especially when I'm singing,
but only soft singing. If I'm singing opera full out she's running
upstairs!! It's so cute they just gently lean over and smell my
mouth. Jennie

Byron & Christine Burel
August 14th 03, 01:29 PM
Poor baby! What a good boy, too, to let you help him. Kitty acne is no
fun -- purrs that it clears up really soon.
Christine
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
> Upon further investigation, I noticed a whole bunch of them. Some came
off
> with a bit of gentle fingernail scratching, but others didn't. Dennis was
> summoned for assistance. We ended up squeezing one and a huge blackhead
> with a 4-5mm root came out! Ick! Poor Vino wasn't happy, although he was
> very well behaved. We are so proud of him. We squeezed out 2 more after
> that. Then we cleaned up the area with some alcohol, which Vino didn't
> appreciate either. This morning it looks like he has some scabs, but
> otherwise well. I guess we are going to have to clean his chin with a wet
> cloth now and again so this doesn't happen again. We don't even use
plastic
> bowls for food or water, only stainless steel. But I'm not surprised, in
> this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how
well
> Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in
bed
> with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
> --
> Britta
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

bewtifulfreak
August 16th 03, 04:52 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message

> Britta
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

Some lovely pix of Vino; I especially like the pic of the boys together, he
looks so chilled, hangin' out with his bud, LOL....and that wastebasket
picture looks like it could be in a gallery! :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak