PDA

View Full Version : Re: New computer virus

Charles Hintlian
August 13th 03, 07:37 PM
> Would I get lynched if I did the Mac neener neener dance?
> Suz
> Iron Chef Macmoosette

I have worked with Macs since they came out in the early 80s.
I have never seen a significant Mac virus.

Windows machines running MicroSoft software are susceptible to over
70,000 plus forms of virus, worm, trojan, or other similar infections.

I closed my Mac business and retired a couple of years ago.

In the last two days I have been getting phone calls from a former
client who switched from Macintosh to Windows because he thought it
would save him money. It turned out that it cost him more in terms of
lost production, and now he wants to rent or borrow a Mac so he can keep
his businesses running during the "current virus crisis".

So, Suz, go ahead and do the neener dance. I'm sure you will get as much
pleasure out of it as I get from screening and not answering my phone
and listing to this guy's anxiety level increase with each call.

Angela Ryan
August 14th 03, 01:27 AM
Charles Hintlian > wrote in message >...
> > Would I get lynched if I did the Mac neener neener dance?
> > Suz
> > Iron Chef Macmoosette
>
> I have worked with Macs since they came out in the early 80s.
> I have never seen a significant Mac virus.
>
> Windows machines running MicroSoft software are susceptible to over
> 70,000 plus forms of virus, worm, trojan, or other similar infections.
>
> I closed my Mac business and retired a couple of years ago.
>
> In the last two days I have been getting phone calls from a former
> client who switched from Macintosh to Windows because he thought it
> would save him money. It turned out that it cost him more in terms of
> lost production, and now he wants to rent or borrow a Mac so he can keep
> his businesses running during the "current virus crisis".
>
> So, Suz, go ahead and do the neener dance. I'm sure you will get as much
> pleasure out of it as I get from screening and not answering my phone
> and listing to this guy's anxiety level increase with each call.

Please respect this as being a cat anecdotes site and don't try and
start a Mac vs PC war......if you want that go to the Mac groups