PDA

View Full Version : One day she'll kill me

LesleyM via CatKB.com
January 29th 08, 11:44 AM
Dunzi that is....whilst Sarsi is mistress of generalised Hoomin irritating
while Dunzi traipses round the house in her own sweet little World...when
Dunzi decides to go for it, she almost gives me a heart attack- like this
morning!

Many a fine morning (not that this morning was fine) I pop to the shops over
the road and whenever I do when I pop back, the cats get out.This is only
into our hallway, usually I go in and put the kettle on before going back out.
Sarsi will inevitably be standing by the door waiting to come in with a look
that says "WHAT was I thinking of then?" and Dunzi will be off on her little
stroll. She doesn't go downstairs where the front door might open . She can't
go very far only up to the next landing so I go and get her, some days she
rolls over for a skritchie which is a signal for both a skitchie and for me
to pick her up and carry her back and other times she trots past me back to
the front door and stands there looking at me as if to say "hurry up and let
me in" It's a game we play quite a lot

This morning I put on kettle, open door, Sarsi trots past me back into the
flat and I look up and...

Dunzi has got to the landing and there is an open window, where she likes to
sniff the air. However....

Esther has opened the window a little wide and as I start up the stairs,
Dunzi jumps onto the top of the opened window. And being Dunzi her balance
isn't all it could be. If she falls in, fine, her dignity will get bruised
but that's all.

If she falls the other way, her landing point will be the concrete about 60-
70 feet below.....

Managed not to scream and snatched her off the sill through that grab was not
in any approved manual of cat handling.

My heart stopped racing about 5 minutes later

Lesley

Shattered Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Granby
January 29th 08, 01:22 PM
Good side of this, you probably had enough of a cardio vascular work out you
won't need to exercise for three days.
"LesleyM via CatKB.com" <u40640@uwe> wrote in message
> Dunzi that is....whilst Sarsi is mistress of generalised Hoomin irritating
> while Dunzi traipses round the house in her own sweet little World...when
> Dunzi decides to go for it, she almost gives me a heart attack- like this
> morning!
>
> Many a fine morning (not that this morning was fine) I pop to the shops
> over
> the road and whenever I do when I pop back, the cats get out.This is only
> into our hallway, usually I go in and put the kettle on before going back
> out.
> Sarsi will inevitably be standing by the door waiting to come in with a
> look
> that says "WHAT was I thinking of then?" and Dunzi will be off on her
> little
> stroll. She doesn't go downstairs where the front door might open . She
> can't
> go very far only up to the next landing so I go and get her, some days she
> rolls over for a skritchie which is a signal for both a skitchie and for
> me
> to pick her up and carry her back and other times she trots past me back
> the front door and stands there looking at me as if to say "hurry up and
> let
> me in" It's a game we play quite a lot
>
> This morning I put on kettle, open door, Sarsi trots past me back into the
> flat and I look up and...
>
> Dunzi has got to the landing and there is an open window, where she likes
> sniff the air. However....
>
> Esther has opened the window a little wide and as I start up the stairs,
> Dunzi jumps onto the top of the opened window. And being Dunzi her balance
> isn't all it could be. If she falls in, fine, her dignity will get bruised
> but that's all.
>
> If she falls the other way, her landing point will be the concrete about
> 60-
> 70 feet below.....
>
> Managed not to scream and snatched her off the sill through that grab was
> not
> in any approved manual of cat handling.
>
> My heart stopped racing about 5 minutes later
>
> Lesley
>
> Shattered Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>
> --

Suz
January 29th 08, 01:35 PM
On Jan 29, 6:44�am, "LesleyM via CatKB.com" <u40640@uwe> wrote:
> Dunzi that is....whilst Sarsi is mistress of generalised Hoomin irritating
> while Dunzi traipses round the house in her own sweet little World...when
> Dunzi decides to go for it, she almost gives me a heart attack- like this
> morning!
>
> Many a fine morning (not that this morning was fine) I pop to the shops over
> the road and whenever I do when I pop back, the cats get out.This is only
> into our hallway, usually I go in and put the kettle on before going back out.
> Sarsi will inevitably be standing by the door waiting to come in with a look
> that says "WHAT was I thinking of then?" and Dunzi will be off on her little
> stroll. She doesn't go downstairs where the front door might open . She can't
> go very far only up to the next landing so I go and get her, some days she
> rolls over for a skritchie which is a signal for both a skitchie and for me
> to pick her up and carry her back and other times she trots past me back to
> the front door and stands there looking at me as if to say "hurry up and let
> me in" It's a game we play quite a lot
>
> This morning I put on kettle, open door, Sarsi trots past me back into the
> flat and I look up and...
>
> Dunzi has got to the landing and there is an open window, where she likes to
> sniff the air. However....
>
> Esther has opened the window a little wide and as I start up the stairs,
> Dunzi jumps onto the top of the opened window. And being Dunzi her balance
> isn't all it could be. If she falls in, fine, her dignity will get bruised
> but that's all.
>
> If she falls the other way, her landing point will be the concrete about 60-
> 70 feet below.....
>
> Managed not to scream and snatched her off the sill through that grab was not
> in any approved manual of cat handling.
>
> My heart stopped racing about 5 minutes later
>
> Lesley
>
> �Shattered Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>
> --

Eeeeeeeek! Glad she's safe.
Suz&Spicey

LesleyM via CatKB.com
January 29th 08, 01:55 PM
Granby wrote:
>Good side of this, you probably had enough of a cardio vascular work out you
>won't need to exercise for three days.

I think I'd rather jog! And that's saying something!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Christina Websell
January 29th 08, 07:39 PM
> Dunzi that is....whilst Sarsi is mistress of generalised Hoomin irritating
> while Dunzi traipses round the house in her own sweet little World...when
> Dunzi decides to go for it, she almost gives me a heart attack- like this
> morning!
>
> Many a fine morning (not that this morning was fine) I pop to the shops
> over
> the road and whenever I do when I pop back, the cats get out.This is only
> into our hallway, usually I go in and put the kettle on before going back
> out.
> Sarsi will inevitably be standing by the door waiting to come in with a
> look
> that says "WHAT was I thinking of then?" and Dunzi will be off on her
> little
> stroll. She doesn't go downstairs where the front door might open . She
> can't
> go very far only up to the next landing so I go and get her, some days she
> rolls over for a skritchie which is a signal for both a skitchie and for
> me
> to pick her up and carry her back and other times she trots past me back
> the front door and stands there looking at me as if to say "hurry up and
> let
> me in" It's a game we play quite a lot
>
> This morning I put on kettle, open door, Sarsi trots past me back into the
> flat and I look up and...
>
> Dunzi has got to the landing and there is an open window, where she likes
> sniff the air. However....
>
> Esther has opened the window a little wide and as I start up the stairs,
> Dunzi jumps onto the top of the opened window. And being Dunzi her balance
> isn't all it could be. If she falls in, fine, her dignity will get bruised
> but that's all.
>
> If she falls the other way, her landing point will be the concrete about
> 60-
> 70 feet below.....
>
> Managed not to scream and snatched her off the sill through that grab was
> not
> in any approved manual of cat handling.
>
> My heart stopped racing about 5 minutes later

OMG!! I am so lucky I have a house in the semi-countryside where it's
perfectly safe for mine to go in and out at ground level should they so
wish. KittyFC does not go out now (her choice) and I'm glad because she is
pretty frail and I would worry if she did as she has some sort of cognitive
impairment now. Boyfie loves to go out every day.
I would be dead of a heart attack if I experienced what you did today. Are
you still trembling?

Tweed

Outsider
January 29th 08, 08:45 PM
"LesleyM via CatKB.com" <u40640@uwe> wrote in news:7eee686d32bef@uwe:

> Managed not to scream and snatched her off the sill through that grab
> was not in any approved manual of cat handling.
>
> My heart stopped racing about 5 minutes later
>
> Lesley

No need of the kettle after that.

Andy

Sam
January 30th 08, 04:23 AM
LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote:
> Dunzi that is....whilst Sarsi is mistress of generalised Hoomin irritating
> while Dunzi traipses round the house in her own sweet little World...when
> Dunzi decides to go for it, she almost gives me a heart attack- like this
> morning!
>
> Many a fine morning (not that this morning was fine) I pop to the shops over
> the road and whenever I do when I pop back, the cats get out.This is only
> into our hallway, usually I go in and put the kettle on before going back out.
> Sarsi will inevitably be standing by the door waiting to come in with a look
> that says "WHAT was I thinking of then?" and Dunzi will be off on her little
> stroll. She doesn't go downstairs where the front door might open . She can't
> go very far only up to the next landing so I go and get her, some days she
> rolls over for a skritchie which is a signal for both a skitchie and for me
> to pick her up and carry her back and other times she trots past me back to
> the front door and stands there looking at me as if to say "hurry up and let
> me in" It's a game we play quite a lot
>
> This morning I put on kettle, open door, Sarsi trots past me back into the
> flat and I look up and...
>
> Dunzi has got to the landing and there is an open window, where she likes to
> sniff the air. However....
>
> Esther has opened the window a little wide and as I start up the stairs,
> Dunzi jumps onto the top of the opened window. And being Dunzi her balance
> isn't all it could be. If she falls in, fine, her dignity will get bruised
> but that's all.
>
> If she falls the other way, her landing point will be the concrete about 60-
> 70 feet below.....
>
> Managed not to scream and snatched her off the sill through that grab was not
> in any approved manual of cat handling.
>
> My heart stopped racing about 5 minutes later
>
> Lesley
>
> Shattered Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Glad Dunzi's OK. How about you? Have you recovered yet?

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

LesleyM via CatKB.com
January 30th 08, 09:57 AM
sam wrote:

>Glad Dunzi's OK. How about you? Have you recovered yet?

I'm okay but would you believe this morning she got out and headed straight
for the window again? Alas for her I now don't go in and put the kettle on, I
went straight after her

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_]
January 30th 08, 10:42 AM
LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote:
> sam wrote:
>
>> Glad Dunzi's OK. How about you? Have you recovered yet?
>
> I'm okay but would you believe this morning she got out and headed
> straight for the window again? Alas for her I now don't go in and put
> the kettle on, I went straight after her
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

A few more grey hairs every day. ;o)
--