PDA

View Full Version : Mini grieving?

Susan M[_3_]
January 31st 08, 09:43 PM
Hi all:

You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.

I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
session.

I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
logical I guess.

O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Granby
January 31st 08, 10:28 PM
Hey, you were there for Star when you were needed, naturally you would feel
something. I would hope so anyway. Purrz for your peace.
"Susan M" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I drive
> by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out of
> the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
January 31st 08, 10:44 PM
Granby wrote:
> Hey, you were there for Star when you were needed, naturally you would feel
> something. I would hope so anyway. Purrz for your peace.

Thank you.

I just spoke to Sarah and Hunter had his first check-up yesterday and
TED said that he's as fit as a fiddle. Hasn't gained any weight but
he's the right weight for his itty bitty frame.

He's *quite* the chatter and really goes on a bit telling Sarah about
his day. She says that he seems happy and settled and plays a lot. He
likes to knock over the garbage can in the bathroom and run out as if he
didn't do it - she says like he wants her to think it was a ghost or
something.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Christina Websell
January 31st 08, 10:47 PM
Susan M wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
> drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class
> nearby.
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
> of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite
> so logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...

You are not mentally deranged, Susan, it's normal to bond with animals that
we've saved. Believe me on this, I've done it.
He will be fine. Ok the house is not as big as it could be but a hell of a
lot better than a lethal injection. Just remember how desperate you were
for a home for Star and you got one, so don't diss it. Neither of you were
in a position to hold out for a big house and garden.
I say this kindly, Susan.

Tweed

January 31st 08, 11:47 PM
Susan M > wrote:

> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
> drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.

> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.

Makes sense to me. He sounds like a great cat, and you saved him. Plus
you visited him in the shelter, which I'm sure he appreciated a lot. So
naturally the bonding went both ways.

I think you'll start to feel better once he's adjusted to his new home,
and you realize how insane it would be to have a third cat in your house.
I know you already realize this intellectually, but I mean emotionally,
too. When you fully get it that adopting Hunter yourself was not the
right solution, I think you'll probably be grateful that he has a new -
and, from the sound of things - a really good home.

Purrs,
Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

January 31st 08, 11:49 PM
Susan M > wrote:

> He's *quite* the chatter and really goes on a bit telling Sarah about
> his day. She says that he seems happy and settled and plays a lot. He
> likes to knock over the garbage can in the bathroom and run out as if he
> didn't do it - she says like he wants her to think it was a ghost or
> something.

LOL!! Sounds like he's relaxing and starting to have a good time. That's
great news. I love the garbage can thing. Maybe it's more like, *he*
wants to believe that someone/something else tipped it over, so he can
have someone/something else to run away from. :)

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Victor Martinez
January 31st 08, 11:59 PM
Susan M wrote:
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.

It's perfectly normal, you got attached to the little guy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Joy
February 1st 08, 12:12 AM
"Susan M" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I drive
> by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out of
> the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

((((((((Susan))))))))

Joy

Yowie
February 1st 08, 12:20 AM
"Susan M" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I drive
> by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out of
> the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...

Hearts are not logical things.

All this shows is that you cared for Star and you miss him. It is expected
that you feel some loss, even though *logically* it would never have worked
out, you are grieving for that which could have been.

Hugs,

Yowie

jofirey
February 1st 08, 02:43 AM
"Susan M" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I drive
> by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out of
> the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...

Its a mom thing. (One that guys can suffer from too)

You let yourself feel responsible for him.

How do I know? Because I'm driving myself nuts doing the same thing with my
new granddaughter. I get to take care of her for about six hours, one day a
week. Its a piece of cake. She's spoiled rotten, but perfectly happy to be
held the entire time. And I'm perfectly happy to hold her.

But the day after I just about go crazy being away from her and worrying
about how she is doing and thinking about her non-stop. I know she is fine
and has a perfectly capable mother, etc. I know its 'irrational'. Doesn't
help. By the second day I'm not too bad and by the third day I'm back to
normal.

I guess these are the feelings that guarantee our survival. We feel them
for our furkids too. Hard to turn them off when they aren't being helpful.

Jo

Granby
February 1st 08, 02:56 AM
As my Willow cat would say "Itz called Love forda hoomans and luff for uz
catz".
"jofirey" > wrote in message

> "Susan M" > wrote in message
>> Hi all:
>>
>> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
>> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I drive
>> by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>>
>> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
>> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
>> session.
>>
>> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out of
>> the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
>> logical I guess.
>>
>> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...
>>

> Its a mom thing. (One that guys can suffer from too)
>
> You let yourself feel responsible for him.
>
> How do I know? Because I'm driving myself nuts doing the same thing with
> my new granddaughter. I get to take care of her for about six hours, one
> day a week. Its a piece of cake. She's spoiled rotten, but perfectly
> happy to be held the entire time. And I'm perfectly happy to hold her.
>
> But the day after I just about go crazy being away from her and worrying
> about how she is doing and thinking about her non-stop. I know she is
> fine and has a perfectly capable mother, etc. I know its 'irrational'.
> Doesn't help. By the second day I'm not too bad and by the third day I'm
> back to normal.
>
> I guess these are the feelings that guarantee our survival. We feel them
> for our furkids too. Hard to turn them off when they aren't being
> helpful.
>
> Jo

February 1st 08, 03:08 AM
jofirey > wrote:

> Its a mom thing. (One that guys can suffer from too)

> You let yourself feel responsible for him.

[snip]

> I guess these are the feelings that guarantee our survival. We feel them
> for our furkids too. Hard to turn them off when they aren't being helpful.

Good point - I agree! Just because our survival depended on our
evolving a certain trait, which we use to do whatever it is we have
to do to survive, that doesn't mean we can only use that trait for
only that one thing.

So we evolved the trait of "I would die to protect my children", which
is a good thing for the species. But now that we have that trait, we
don't have to use it just for our children. Some of us don't even have
children!

I was about to say that I wasn't actually sure I'd be willing to die to
protect my cats, but then I remembered that I risked my own safety when
Smudge was attacked by two big, muscular and aggressive pit bulls. And
I didn't even think about the risk. (If I had, I might not have done it.)
I wonder if parents go through the same thing when their kids are in
danger? Nothing matters except saving their child, and maybe they're not
even aware of the risks? Or they are, but don't care?

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 04:55 AM
jofirey wrote:

> Its a mom thing. (One that guys can suffer from too)
>
> You let yourself feel responsible for him.
>
> How do I know? Because I'm driving myself nuts doing the same thing with my
> new granddaughter. I get to take care of her for about six hours, one day a
> week. Its a piece of cake. She's spoiled rotten, but perfectly happy to be
> held the entire time. And I'm perfectly happy to hold her.

I think you've nailed this on the head. In the back of my mind, I was
thinking that this is a lot like I feel about my children too.

It was funny how I suddenly came aware of how much he was in my thoughts
- sort of like when you finally notice what that little voice inside
your head is saying. And I'm really not deranged - we all have a little
voice inside our head providing commentary on our day to day lives ;-)

Thanks Jo for making that clear.

And it sounds so wonderful to look after your granddaughter, despite the
2 days of anxiety its causes afterwards :D

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 04:56 AM
wrote:
> Susan M > wrote:
>
> > He's *quite* the chatter and really goes on a bit telling Sarah about
> > his day. She says that he seems happy and settled and plays a lot. He
> > likes to knock over the garbage can in the bathroom and run out as if he
> > didn't do it - she says like he wants her to think it was a ghost or
> > something.
>
> LOL!! Sounds like he's relaxing and starting to have a good time. That's
> great news. I love the garbage can thing. Maybe it's more like, *he*
> wants to believe that someone/something else tipped it over, so he can
> have someone/something else to run away from. :)

Otis used to do that a lot when he was a young cat too. He still does
it occasionally. Funny how it makes you smile :-)

I was happy too to talk to her and hear her talking about Hunter like
he's a person. She talks with him and is obviously in tune with him.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 04:58 AM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Susan M wrote:

> You are not mentally deranged, Susan, it's normal to bond with animals that
> we've saved. Believe me on this, I've done it.
> He will be fine. Ok the house is not as big as it could be but a hell of a
> lot better than a lethal injection. Just remember how desperate you were
> for a home for Star and you got one, so don't diss it. Neither of you were
> in a position to hold out for a big house and garden.
> I say this kindly, Susan.

Thanks Christina. I know it's really not mature at all to linger over
this when I was so clear that this it isn't workable for our family at
this stage. And I have no doubts about Sarah as a slave.

It's just so funny - he's like a little thought-worm!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 05:03 AM
wrote:

> Makes sense to me. He sounds like a great cat, and you saved him. Plus
> you visited him in the shelter, which I'm sure he appreciated a lot. So
> naturally the bonding went both ways.
>
> I think you'll start to feel better once he's adjusted to his new home,
> and you realize how insane it would be to have a third cat in your house.
> I know you already realize this intellectually, but I mean emotionally,
> too. When you fully get it that adopting Hunter yourself was not the
> right solution, I think you'll probably be grateful that he has a new -
> and, from the sound of things - a really good home.

Good point Joyce - I guess in the back of my mind, I'm still trying to
figure out a way that I could have made it work in my house. Doing the
hail Mary play in my head.

But, in time, with regular updates from Sarah, I know it will be okay.

And the two we have are pretty marvellous. Though, I'd love to see what
Otis would do. I have this idea that he'd adapt pretty quickly. He's
an energetic 12 year old that might find another cat around a pretty
interesting diversion, if introduced properly.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 05:09 AM
Victor Martinez wrote:
> Susan M wrote:
>> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
>> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
>> session.
>
> It's perfectly normal, you got attached to the little guy.

Goodness I did.

And also a bunch of other creatures there, in particular an abused d*g.

He was the most ridiculous looking creature - looked like a cartoon
drawing. He had the body of the biggest and tallest greyhound I've ever
seen ... and the head of a basset hound with big long floppy ears.
Honest to goodness. He was so emaciated when I first saw him - spine
and all ribs showing - and he seemed to be very weak and have difficulty
moving around. He looked through the glass and just stared at me. We
looked at each other for a long long time. If Sam weren't absolutely
deathly allergic to d*gs, I'm sure I'd have taken him right there and then.

The good news is that he was adopted during my visits with Hunter. Even
in the first four days since I saw him he filled out lots and got
looking pretty healthy. I heard the shelter worker say to the dog
walker volunteer that she didn't want to know what had happened to him.
I guess it was terrible.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 05:10 AM
Joy wrote:
> ((((((((Susan))))))))
>
> Joy

Awww thanks Joy. Goodness - thank you all. I'm sure all your thoughts
and purrs got him trapped in the first place and a loyal slave in the
second place! I was just shuddering during our -30C weather thinking of
what would have happened if he were outside.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Marina
February 1st 08, 05:12 AM
Susan M wrote:
> He's *quite* the chatter and really goes on a bit telling Sarah about
> his day. She says that he seems happy and settled and plays a lot. He
> likes to knock over the garbage can in the bathroom and run out as if he
> didn't do it - she says like he wants her to think it was a ghost or
> something.

LOL! Just like Miranda, only she can always lay the blame of Caliban.

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 05:13 AM
Yowie wrote:
> "Susan M" > wrote in message

> Hearts are not logical things.
>
> All this shows is that you cared for Star and you miss him. It is expected
> that you feel some loss, even though *logically* it would never have worked
> out, you are grieving for that which could have been.

Thanks Vicki. You are right - grieving for the happy three cat family
that could have been. I really wanted to get to know him more and to
find out what kind of kitty he was underneath all that stress and
fright. He was really starting to show his true colours and I knew it
would be vastly different from the slinking yowling creature I first
met. Now he's running from garbage can greeblings and throwing himself
in front of groups of visitors in Sarah's apartment ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 05:13 AM
Granby wrote:
> As my Willow cat would say "Itz called Love forda hoomans and luff for uz
> catz".

Luff makes da wurld go round :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 1st 08, 05:16 AM
wrote:

> I was about to say that I wasn't actually sure I'd be willing to die to
> protect my cats, but then I remembered that I risked my own safety when
> Smudge was attacked by two big, muscular and aggressive pit bulls. And
> I didn't even think about the risk. (If I had, I might not have done it.)
> I wonder if parents go through the same thing when their kids are in
> danger? Nothing matters except saving their child, and maybe they're not
> even aware of the risks? Or they are, but don't care?

I shuddered when I first read that story and I shuddered again. You're
right, if you'd stopped to think ...

.... but then again, in the animal (and human) world, attitude makes all
the difference. You probably saved yourself and Smudge by your
no-holds-barred attitude.

And I'm still shuddering. Yikes - that must have been horrible.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Marina
February 1st 08, 05:18 AM
Susan M wrote:

> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
> of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.

{{{Susan}}} I don't see anything deranged about this. You're allowed to
grieve, though Star/Hunter is fine in his new home.

Adrian[_2_]
February 1st 08, 11:13 AM
Susan M wrote:
> Granby wrote:
>> Hey, you were there for Star when you were needed, naturally you
>> would feel something. I would hope so anyway. Purrz for your peace.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I just spoke to Sarah and Hunter had his first check-up yesterday and
> TED said that he's as fit as a fiddle. Hasn't gained any weight but
> he's the right weight for his itty bitty frame.
>
> He's *quite* the chatter and really goes on a bit telling Sarah about
> his day. She says that he seems happy and settled and plays a lot. He
> likes to knock over the garbage can in the bathroom and run out as
> if he didn't do it - she says like he wants her to think it was a
> ghost or something.
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Most likely the greeblings did it and he was just trying to catch them. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Lesley
February 1st 08, 03:15 PM
On Jan 31, 1:43*pm, Susan M > wrote:
- but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
>Of course it isn't! It doesn't matter how much you knew you couldn't keep Star and how logically it's great that a lovely home turned up for him but your heart still wonders if you could have kept him.

Come on! I was sitting here hoping you would whatever you were saying!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Kreisleriana[_3_]
February 1st 08, 03:36 PM
"Susan M" > wrote in message
> Granby wrote:
>> Hey, you were there for Star when you were needed, naturally you would
>> feel something. I would hope so anyway. Purrz for your peace.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I just spoke to Sarah and Hunter had his first check-up yesterday and TED
> said that he's as fit as a fiddle. Hasn't gained any weight but he's the
> right weight for his itty bitty frame.
>
> He's *quite* the chatter and really goes on a bit telling Sarah about his
> day. She says that he seems happy and settled and plays a lot. He likes
> to knock over the garbage can in the bathroom and run out as if he didn't
> do it - she says like he wants her to think it was a ghost or something.

This is delightful news- obviously not that Sarah has to clean up after the
little booger, but that he's so perky and full of play! Stinky knocked over
the garbage last week, in a determined quest for chicken bones, and while I
was saying !$&@#! about it, I was also thanking Ceiling Cat that he still
has in in him.;)

Granby
February 1st 08, 04:12 PM
You must be fairly young because, after awhile, you learn that the words
LOVING (animal or human) and, LOGIC should never be used in the same
conversation. Please stop making yourself feel bad. You did the only thing
you could at this time.
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Jan 31, 1:43 pm, Susan M > wrote:
- but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
>Of course it isn't! It doesn't matter how much you knew you couldn't keep
>Star and how logically it's great that a lovely home turned up for him but
>your heart still wonders if you could have kept him.

Come on! I was sitting here hoping you would whatever you were saying!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

February 1st 08, 07:26 PM
Susan M > wrote:

> wrote:

>> I was about to say that I wasn't actually sure I'd be willing to die to
>> protect my cats, but then I remembered that I risked my own safety when
>> Smudge was attacked by two big, muscular and aggressive pit bulls. And
>> I didn't even think about the risk. (If I had, I might not have done it.)

> I shuddered when I first read that story and I shuddered again. You're
> right, if you'd stopped to think ...

> ... but then again, in the animal (and human) world, attitude makes all
> the difference. You probably saved yourself and Smudge by your
> no-holds-barred attitude.

It's true. Dogs like that would have been able to sniff out even a
little bit of fear or submission coming from me. I was so incredibly
angry that I succeeded in becoming the alpha in that situation.

In other situations with dogs that are behaving aggressively (or just
threateningly) toward me, I've been pretty nervous. It's a whole
different dynamic. In general I'm not particularly brave, physically.
That episode with Smudge was quite the exception.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

February 1st 08, 07:34 PM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

> Stinky knocked over the garbage last week, in a determined quest
> for chicken bones, and while I was saying !$&@#! about it, I was
> also thanking Ceiling Cat that he still has in in him.;)

LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
<something> Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
*why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I believe
it's covered in the FAQ.

Then there's Baha's Great Cat mythology.

And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Daniel Mahoney
February 1st 08, 08:46 PM
> And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.
>
> Joyce

Ceiling Cat plays a very important role in the LOLCat Bible
(http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page)

tanadashoes
February 1st 08, 09:43 PM
On Feb 1, 2:34*pm, wrote:
> Kreisleriana > wrote:
>
> *> Stinky knocked over the garbage last week, in a determined quest
> *> for chicken bones, and while I was saying !$&@#! about it, I was
> *> also thanking Ceiling Cat that he still has in in him.;)
>
> LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
> of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
> <something> Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
> is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
> *why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I believe
> it's covered in the FAQ.
>
> Then there's Baha's Great Cat mythology.
>
> And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.
>
> Joyce
>
> --
> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
thread.

Pam S.

Lesley
February 1st 08, 09:48 PM
On Feb 1, 1:43*pm, tanadashoes > wrote:

> It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three"

Is there a URL?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_]
February 1st 08, 10:01 PM
wrote:
> Kreisleriana > wrote:
>
>> Stinky knocked over the garbage last week, in a determined quest
>> for chicken bones, and while I was saying !$&@#! about it, I was
>> also thanking Ceiling Cat that he still has in in him.;)
>
> LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
> of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
> <something> Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
> is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
> *why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I
> believe it's covered in the FAQ.
>
> Then there's Baha's Great Cat mythology.
>
> And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.
>
> Joyce

I hope you're not going to take the Ceiling Cat'sname in vein. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Adrian[_2_]
February 1st 08, 10:02 PM
tanadashoes wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2:34 pm, wrote:
>> Kreisleriana > wrote:
>>
>>> Stinky knocked over the garbage last week, in a determined quest
>>> for chicken bones, and while I was saying !$&@#! about it, I was
>>> also thanking Ceiling Cat that he still has in in him.;)
>>
>> LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
>> of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
>> <something> Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
>> is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
>> *why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I
>> believe it's covered in the FAQ.
>>
>> Then there's Baha's Great Cat mythology.
>>
>> And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> --
>> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
>
> It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
> whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
> and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
> she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
> wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
> thread.
>
> Pam S.

It always brings back memories of Dave Y.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Adrian[_2_]
February 1st 08, 10:03 PM

http://professional-geek.com/personal/files/html/rpca/rpcafaq.htm
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

February 1st 08, 10:14 PM
tanadashoes wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2:34 pm, wrote:

>> LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
>> of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
>> <something> Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
>> is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
>> *why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I
>> believe it's covered in the FAQ.

> It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
> whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
> and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
> she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
> wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
> thread.

Ah yes, the *Porcelain Three Three* - I could not remember what the
word was! Thank you.

I do remember that "three-three" came from the fact that TJ used to
put a tutu on poor, beleaguered Dusty (and then post photos all over
the Internet). Then someone said that since they were considerably
larger than Dusty, they would have to wear a three-three (ie, the
next larger size than "tu-tu", get it? :)).

TJ was definitely one of the main practitioners at this, um, Church. :)
Remember how she always said, "Holy Bowl!"

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Marina
February 2nd 08, 04:45 AM
tanadashoes wrote:
> It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
> whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
> and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
> she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
> wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
> thread.

It was 'wearing a tutu' but then one of the Daves (I think it was Dave
G) said it would have to be a three-three for him. :P

I think. Might misremember completely.

Granby
February 2nd 08, 05:24 AM
hehehe I have known a few humans who worshiped the white porcelain throne
on occasion but never knew cats that did.
"Marina" > wrote in message
> tanadashoes wrote:
>> It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
>> whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
>> and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
>> she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
>> wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
>> thread.
>
> It was 'wearing a tutu' but then one of the Daves (I think it was Dave G)
> said it would have to be a three-three for him. :P
>
> I think. Might misremember completely.
>
> --
> Marina, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Marina
February 2nd 08, 05:28 AM
Granby wrote:
> hehehe I have known a few humans who worshiped the white porcelain throne
> on occasion but never knew cats that did.

Caliban does every time I flush It. He stands up with his front paws
against Its rim and bows down whilst moving his head in entranced
circles. ;)

February 2nd 08, 05:35 AM
Marina > wrote:

> Granby wrote:
> > hehehe I have known a few humans who worshiped the white porcelain throne
> > on occasion but never knew cats that did.

> Caliban does every time I flush It. He stands up with his front paws
> against Its rim and bows down whilst moving his head in entranced
> circles. ;)

Did you capitalize "Its" on purpose? You know, for religious reasons? :)

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Marina
February 2nd 08, 05:38 AM
wrote:
> Marina > wrote:
>
> > Granby wrote:
> > > hehehe I have known a few humans who worshiped the white porcelain throne
> > > on occasion but never knew cats that did.
>
> > Caliban does every time I flush It. He stands up with his front paws
> > against Its rim and bows down whilst moving his head in entranced
> > circles. ;)
>
> Did you capitalize "Its" on purpose? You know, for religious reasons? :)

Why yes I did. Purely out of respect to Caliban's religion, of course.
Not saying *I'm* a worshipper of the Bowl. ;)

Stormmee
February 2nd 08, 10:09 AM
it might be grieving, and it might be a test, you know, bast making sure you
do what is right for fur and bare kittens alike, Lee
Susan M > wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
> drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
> of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 2nd 08, 06:09 PM
Lesley wrote:
> On Jan 31, 1:43 pm, Susan M > wrote:
> - but my heart isn't quite so
>> logical I guess.
>>
>> Of course it isn't! It doesn't matter how much you knew you couldn't keep Star and how logically it's great that a lovely home turned up for him but your heart still wonders if you could have kept him.
>
> Come on! I was sitting here hoping you would whatever you were saying!

I would have had it not been for Sam. Everything else was probably
manageable but my son's health is a different thing I guess :-(

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Lesley
February 2nd 08, 09:06 PM
On Feb 1, 2:03*pm, "Adrian" > wrote:

> http://professional-geek.com/personal/files/html/rpca/rpcafaq.htm

Thanks- I may die of dehydration since I cannot at the moment read
this with a drink anywhere near me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

tanadashoes
February 2nd 08, 10:34 PM
On Feb 1, 11:45*pm, Marina > wrote:
> tanadashoes wrote:
> > It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" *There's a
> > whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
> > and no one flamed any one else. *TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
> > she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
> > wearing a three three and we all went from there. *It was a fun
> > thread.
>
> It was 'wearing a tutu' but then one of the Daves (I think it was Dave
> G) said it would have to be a three-three for him. :P
>
> I think. Might misremember completely.
>
> --
> Marina, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

No, you got it right. The running joke was "three Daves and a Mark"
in honor of Dave Stevenson, Dave Yehudah, Dave Gercke, and Mark (sorry
dude, can't remember your last name right now, I'll remember it some
strange time period from now) Yowie posted a picture with Dave G, Dave
Y, and Mark in three threes together. I still have a copy of it on my
bathroom door.

Pam S.

tanadashoes
February 2nd 08, 10:43 PM
On Feb 2, 5:34*pm, tanadashoes > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 11:45*pm, Marina > wrote:
>
> > tanadashoes wrote:
> > > It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" *There's a
> > > whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
> > > and no one flamed any one else. *TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
> > > she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
> > > wearing a three three and we all went from there. *It was a fun
> > > thread.
>
> > It was 'wearing a tutu' but then one of the Daves (I think it was Dave
> > G) said it would have to be a three-three for him. :P
>
> > I think. Might misremember completely.
>
> > --
> > Marina, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
>
> No, you got it right. *The running joke was "three Daves and a Mark"
> in honor of Dave Stevenson, Dave Yehudah, Dave Gercke, and Mark (sorry
> dude, can't remember your last name right now, I'll remember it some
> strange time period from now) Yowie posted a picture with Dave G, Dave
> Y, and Mark in three threes together. *I still have a copy of it on my
> bathroom door.
>
> Pam S.

EDWARDS!!! Mark Edwards. He's almost as bad as all the existing
Daves put together. He has a wicked sense of humor and a dirty mind.
That's why we all love him so much. Though I'm starting to think
Steve Touchstone is working to get up into their league.

Pam S. giggling

Marina
February 3rd 08, 04:48 AM
tanadashoes wrote:

> EDWARDS!!! Mark Edwards. He's almost as bad as all the existing
> Daves put together. He has a wicked sense of humor and a dirty mind.
> That's why we all love him so much. Though I'm starting to think
> Steve Touchstone is working to get up into their league.
>
> Pam S. giggling

I think Adrian has been doing a good job, filling in for the Daves
lately. ;)

Yowie
February 3rd 08, 09:17 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
om...
> tanadashoes wrote:

>>> LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
>>> of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
>>> <something> Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
>>> is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
>>> *why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I
>>> believe it's covered in the FAQ.
>>>
>>> Then there's Baha's Great Cat mythology.
>>>
>>> And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.
>>>
>>> Joyce
>>>
>>> --
>>> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
>>
>> It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
>> whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
>> and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
>> she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
>> wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
>> thread.
>>
>> Pam S.
>
> It always brings back memories of Dave Y.

Oh goodness, yes. Maybe he'd be our first saint? I still miss him and his
hairy varmint critters.

Which reminds me, I got an e-mail from Dave G today. He didn't say anything
(just forwarded LOLCat pics, coincidentally) but he's still around.

Ah, good times. Will raise a glass for you on Día de los Muertos, Dave Y.

Yowie

Kyla =^..^=
February 6th 08, 09:09 PM
"Daniel Mahoney"
>> And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.
>>
>> Joyce
>
> Ceiling Cat plays a very important role in the LOLCat Bible
> (http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Great site:) Marked it under my Favorites...LOL
Kyla
--and Clowder

polonca12000
February 8th 08, 10:20 PM
Susan M wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
> dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
> drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.
>
> I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
> operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
> session.
>
> I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
> of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
> logical I guess.
>
> O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs for you, Susan,
Polonca and Soncek