PDA

View Full Version : Minus one kitty today

February 10th 08, 09:08 PM
Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Outsider
February 10th 08, 09:59 PM
wrote in news:47af67ce$0$36331
:

> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
> a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
>
> Joyce

I was telling a co-worker the other day as much as I would love to be a
force for good in helping animals find homes I could not foster. I would
not be able to let them go; I would worry for the rest of forever.

Andy

Lesley
February 10th 08, 09:59 PM
On Feb 10, 1:08*pm, wrote:
> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> another week...

And if he comes back? This is why I could never do fostering I mean I
already think he sounds so much a love bug I don't think I could have
taken him (if I win the lottery I plan to buy a big enough place for
all the kitties I'd love to have- I'd have a special section for the
FIV's I've sponsored)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Kyla =^..^=
February 10th 08, 10:10 PM
> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
> a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
>
> Joyce

Oh, Joyce, I hope Everett finds a good home. Bless your heart for fostering
him. I know this is hard on you and I'm sending purrs your way for you not
to be sad.
My neice, Heidi, is a foster Mother to hoomin kids, and although she loves
them, she's glad when a good family adopts the child.
It's so hard not to get attached to them, animals or hoomins, and then have
to let them go. Can you adopt Everett?
BIG HUG from this hoomin to you
Love
Kyla
--and Clowder
> --
> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

February 10th 08, 10:17 PM
Lesley > wrote:

> On Feb 10, 1:08?pm, wrote:
> > Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> > him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> > another week...

> And if he comes back?

If he comes back, I'll have him for another week. Which will be fine, he
pretty much gets along with everyone (I just let him have the run of the
house when Smudge is out, and when she comes back in, he goes back into
the bedroom). But I can't keep him, that's just out of the question.

If I lived in an enormous house like my sister's (which would probably
fit about 4 of my apartments in it), I could have 4 full-time owners, plus
any number of fosters, as she does. But she lives in Florida where, at
least at one time, one could buy a huge house and actually afford it (and
she bought hers during that time). I live in San Francisco, where the
amount she paid for her house wouldn't buy me a 2-room dump on Crack St.
I'll probably always be a renter... and hopefully a fosterer, at least
from time to time.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Kyla =^..^=
February 10th 08, 10:18 PM
"Lesley" <
On Feb 10, 1:08 pm,
> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> another week...

And if he comes back? This is why I could never do fostering I mean I
already think he sounds so much a love bug I don't think I could have
taken him (if I win the lottery I plan to buy a big enough place for
all the kitties I'd love to have- I'd have a special section for the
FIV's I've sponsored)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I couldn't do fostering either. I become too attached to the Cats and
wouldn't be able to let them go. Hey Lesley, let's buy a BIG house
together, with DH, of course, LOL. He loves Cats as much as I do. It would
be a wonderful place...I have the 'plans/blueprints' in my head.
Too many homeless kitties, so sad.
Bless the hearts for those fostering.
Love
Kyla
--and Clowder

Granby
February 10th 08, 10:20 PM
I agree with that. I kept my sons dog for a year and even though he now has
her back, I still worry about her.
"Outsider" > wrote in message
> wrote in news:47af67ce$0$36331
> :
>
>> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
>> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
>> another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
>> a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
>>
>> Joyce
>

> I was telling a co-worker the other day as much as I would love to be a
> force for good in helping animals find homes I could not foster. I would
> not be able to let them go; I would worry for the rest of forever.
>
> Andy

February 10th 08, 10:20 PM
Outsider > wrote:

> wrote in news:47af67ce$0$36331
> :

> > Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> > him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> > another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
> > a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
> >
> > Joyce

> I was telling a co-worker the other day as much as I would love to be a
> force for good in helping animals find homes I could not foster. I would
> not be able to let them go; I would worry for the rest of forever.

I trust the judgement of the rescue folks who are finding homes for their
kitties. And I've decided I just *can't* worry about it, or I'd be a wreck.
Or I'd have a houseful of hissing, fighting, crowded and unhappy cats. I
really believe there's such a thing as too many. Not that I can decide that
number for someone else, but I know my own limits.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Kreisleriana[_3_]
February 11th 08, 01:26 AM
> wrote in message
> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
> a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
>
> Joyce

Purrs that Everett finds a great home.

Mischief
February 11th 08, 03:05 AM
Remember when I took care of Stinky Nick? It was so much fun, I did
fall in love with him and it was one of the hardest things to let him
go...

Hugs for you, I know how you feel

Kristi

Marina
February 11th 08, 05:57 AM
wrote:
> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
> another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
> a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.

oh noes. sorry, but i hope he doesn't get adopted. ok, we'll be purring
that if he is adopted, it will be a wonderful forever home.

February 11th 08, 06:45 AM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

> > wrote in message

>> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
>> him off.

> Purrs that Everett finds a great home.

Well, he was not adopted today, so he's back here with me for another
week. This could go on for quite a while, but you never know.

Smudge is outside, so I have all the doors open and all the kitties are
interacting. It's quite peaceful, nobody seems to have any problem with
each other. I have noticed that R & L tried to play with Everett, but
it's like he comes from another cat country and they don't speak the same
language. :) Everett will crouch in pre-attack mode, and Roxy will stare
at him for a few minutes, then roll over and put her feet in the air, which
is her way of saying "play with me." :) She would be useless in the wild,
I swear. She doesn't know how to do anything except look adorable. Of
course, Everett doesn't know what to make of that, so he doesn't react.

Meanwhile, Licky gets this kind of cautious, slightly alarmed look when
Everett comes near him in a playful mood, but he definitely does not seem
hostile or very scared. Just a little unsure what to do.

Then Everett gets the zoomies, which gets Roxy and Licky all excited, with
their ears going all over the place. Sometimes Roxy gets the zoomies in
response, but they're sort of having separate zoomies simultaneously, rather
than playing together. I guess it just takes a while sometimes. When Roxy and
Smudge first met, they clicked immediately and started chasing each other
all over the place. So I guess I'm spoiled.

One funny thing. After several abortive attempts to play together between
Everett and Roxy, or Everett and Licky, Roxy and Licky suddenly launched
into an all-out wrestling match, as though to say, "See, little pipsqueak?
This is how it's done!"

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Adrian[_2_]
February 11th 08, 10:44 AM
wrote:
> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here
> for another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him
> to find a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
>
> Joyce

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Joyce }}}}}}}}}}}}
I couldn't foster, even after a few hours I wouldn't be able to hand them
back.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Kyla =^..^=
February 13th 08, 03:38 AM
Joyce,
Bless your heart for fostering kitties. But it IS hard when they leave.
YOU have such a kind heart and wonderful stories.
You are most welcome to e-mail me at any time.
Love
Kyla
--and Clowder

> wrote in message>
Kreisleriana >
> >> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
> >> him off.
>
> > Purrs that Everett finds a great home.
>
> Well, he was not adopted today, so he's back here with me for another
> week. This could go on for quite a while, but you never know.
>
> Smudge is outside, so I have all the doors open and all the kitties are
> interacting. It's quite peaceful, nobody seems to have any problem with
> each other. I have noticed that R & L tried to play with Everett, but
> it's like he comes from another cat country and they don't speak the same
> language. :) Everett will crouch in pre-attack mode, and Roxy will stare
> at him for a few minutes, then roll over and put her feet in the air,
> which
> is her way of saying "play with me." :) She would be useless in the wild,
> I swear. She doesn't know how to do anything except look adorable. Of
> course, Everett doesn't know what to make of that, so he doesn't react.
>
> Meanwhile, Licky gets this kind of cautious, slightly alarmed look when
> Everett comes near him in a playful mood, but he definitely does not seem
> hostile or very scared. Just a little unsure what to do.
>
> Then Everett gets the zoomies, which gets Roxy and Licky all excited, with
> their ears going all over the place. Sometimes Roxy gets the zoomies in
> response, but they're sort of having separate zoomies simultaneously,
> rather
> than playing together. I guess it just takes a while sometimes. When Roxy
> and
> Smudge first met, they clicked immediately and started chasing each other
> all over the place. So I guess I'm spoiled.
>
> One funny thing. After several abortive attempts to play together between
> Everett and Roxy, or Everett and Licky, Roxy and Licky suddenly launched
> into an all-out wrestling match, as though to say, "See, little pipsqueak?
> This is how it's done!"
>
> Joyce
>
> --
> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Kyla =^..^=
February 13th 08, 03:40 AM
"Marina"
> >> Everett is at the kitty adoption today. I just got back from dropping
>> him off. So, either I'll be going back at 5:00 to bring him back here for
>> another week... OR ... I'll never see him again. :( I want him to find
>> a great home, but this is the hard part of fostering.
>
> oh noes. sorry, but i hope he doesn't get adopted.

Mosey here:
Heeee kneads too stay wit yew.
ok, we'll be purring

> that if he is adopted, it will be a wonderful forever home.

Pookie here:
an gnow:)

> --
> Marina, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

February 13th 08, 03:53 AM
Kyla =^..^= > wrote:

> Pookie here:
> an gnow:)

Just wondering, is "gnow" a kitty noise, kind of like "meow"? I think
some cats do make more of a "gnow" sound - actually, it's even more
like a "ngow" sound - than "meow".

Joyce

Kyla =^..^=
February 13th 08, 04:54 AM

> > Pookie here:
> > an gnow:)
>
> Just wondering, is "gnow" a kitty noise, kind of like "meow"?

Yes, yes it is, in some cats.

I think
> some cats do make more of a "gnow" sound - actually, it's even more
> like a "ngow" sound - than "meow".
>
> Joyce

Us Hoomins just hafta understand. :)
Love ya