PDA

View Full Version : Walkies OT

ollie2
February 11th 08, 09:55 PM
I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time. My
blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit of
dieting also, :(
I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
exercise has probably contributed to my condition.

Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am exhausted.
It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to accompany us, in
the end I locked her inside.

When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I meet -
there was an attractive Siamese this morning.

Bev

--
The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

February 11th 08, 10:50 PM
ollie2 > wrote:

> I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time. My
> blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit of
> dieting also, :(
> I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
> exercise has probably contributed to my condition.

> Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am exhausted.
> It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to accompany us, in
> the end I locked her inside.

> When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I meet -
> there was an attractive Siamese this morning.

Glad you're exercising for your health - I know what you mean about it
being hard to get moving. And if you've always had good health, it can be
a big shock. After menopause everything goes to hell. :)

Whenever I take a walk in my neighborhood, Smudge comes with me. I don't
go that far, though. Are you worried that Fluffy will end up getting lost
if she walks with you?

Joyce

> --
> The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

zaax
February 12th 08, 12:12 AM
ollie2 wrote:

> I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a
> time. My blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it
> is a bit of dieting also, :( I am the original slug I am ashamed to
> say and realise that the lack of exercise has probably contributed to
> my condition.
>
> Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am
> exhausted. It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to
> accompany us, in the end I locked her inside.
>
> When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I
> meet - there was an attractive Siamese this morning.
>
> Bev
>

> --
> The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Let Fluff guide you on your walks. Read some of the adventure of
Harricat.

--
---
zaax

Karen AKA Kajikit
February 12th 08, 04:24 AM
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:55:53 +1300, "ollie2" >
wrote:

>I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time. My
>blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit of
>dieting also, :(
>I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
>exercise has probably contributed to my condition.
>
>Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am exhausted.
>It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to accompany us, in
>the end I locked her inside.
>
>When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I meet -
>there was an attractive Siamese this morning.

I go for walkies almost every day and I've met a few very sweet
friendly cats... I make a point of walking past the one house because
it has a whole FAMILY of outdoor cats who are desperately hungry for
attention, poor babies. They have shelter (a whole bunch of carriers
with blankets draped over them on the front porch), and food and water
left out, and they seem to be healthy (shiny coats and no sign of
fleas), but tjhey obviously don't get a lot of loving... at first it
was just the one kitty who came for petting - a gorgeous
tortoiseshelly tabby who is super-friendly - and everyone else ran
away or hung back, but now I have THREE of them coming when I call.
The torty and a pale apricot ginger kitty circle my legs purring their
heads off, and Mamakitty (a very beatup grey tabby) sits up on the
fence and watches. Last time she even slunk up to me for a quick
scritch and then she went back to the fence post! The other three cats
aren't interested in affection, but last time they lay around in the
sun watching me, and I suspect that if I keep up the regular visits,
one of these days I'll have ALL of them circling my legs... I just
hope that they've all been spayed/fixed, or that house is going to end
up with a whole COLONY living in the front yard!

Bettina
February 12th 08, 12:55 PM
On 12 Feb., 05:24, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:55:53 +1300, "ollie2" >
> wrote:
>
> >I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time. * My
> >blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit of
> >dieting also, :(
> >I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
> >exercise has probably contributed to my condition.
>
> >Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am exhausted..
> >It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to accompany us, in
> >the end I locked her inside.
>
> >When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I meet -
> >there was an attractive Siamese this morning.
>
> I go for walkies almost every day and I've met a few very sweet
> friendly cats... I make a point of walking past the one house because
> it has a whole FAMILY of outdoor cats who are desperately hungry for
> attention, poor babies. They have shelter (a whole bunch of carriers
> with blankets draped over them on the front porch), and food and water
> left out, and they seem to be healthy (shiny coats and no sign of
> fleas), but tjhey obviously don't get a lot of loving... at first it
> was just the one kitty who came for petting - a gorgeous
> tortoiseshelly tabby who is super-friendly - and everyone else ran
> away or hung back, but now I have THREE of them coming when I call.
> The torty and a pale apricot ginger kitty circle my legs purring their
> heads off, and Mamakitty (a very beatup grey tabby) sits up on the
> fence and watches. Last time she even slunk up to me for a quick
> scritch and then she went back to the fence post! The other three cats
> aren't interested in affection, but last time they lay around in the
> sun watching me, and I suspect that if I keep up the regular visits,
> one of these days I'll have ALL of them circling my legs... I just
> hope that they've all been spayed/fixed, or that house is going to end
> up with a whole COLONY living in the front yard!

Uhuh - one dday they will find out where you live.<g>

Karen AKA Kajikit
February 12th 08, 04:33 PM
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 04:55:17 -0800 (PST), Bettina >
wrote:

>On 12 Feb., 05:24, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:55:53 +1300, "ollie2" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time. * My
>> >blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit of
>> >dieting also, :(
>> >I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
>> >exercise has probably contributed to my condition.
>>
>> >Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am exhausted.
>> >It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to accompany us, in
>> >the end I locked her inside.
>>
>> >When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I meet -
>> >there was an attractive Siamese this morning.
>>
>> I go for walkies almost every day and I've met a few very sweet
>> friendly cats... I make a point of walking past the one house because
>> it has a whole FAMILY of outdoor cats who are desperately hungry for
>> attention, poor babies. They have shelter (a whole bunch of carriers
>> with blankets draped over them on the front porch), and food and water
>> left out, and they seem to be healthy (shiny coats and no sign of
>> fleas), but tjhey obviously don't get a lot of loving... at first it
>> was just the one kitty who came for petting - a gorgeous
>> tortoiseshelly tabby who is super-friendly - and everyone else ran
>> away or hung back, but now I have THREE of them coming when I call.
>> The torty and a pale apricot ginger kitty circle my legs purring their
>> heads off, and Mamakitty (a very beatup grey tabby) sits up on the
>> fence and watches. Last time she even slunk up to me for a quick
>> scritch and then she went back to the fence post! The other three cats
>> aren't interested in affection, but last time they lay around in the
>> sun watching me, and I suspect that if I keep up the regular visits,
>> one of these days I'll have ALL of them circling my legs... I just
>> hope that they've all been spayed/fixed, or that house is going to end
>> up with a whole COLONY living in the front yard!
>
>Uhuh - one dday they will find out where you live.<g>

LOL! I almost wish they would... the little tabby is the most gorgeous
cat I've seen in a month of sundays - regular grey tabby with a brush
of russet along its back and around its ears, as well as being the
friendliest. The cream would be gorgeous too if it had a bath and a
good brushup - after you pet it your hands are FILTHY (but that's to
be expected in a cat that lives/sleeps outside...) The shy ones are
all cuties too.
Anyway, they could follow me down the street to home if they really
wanted, but they'd have a bit of trouble picking my apartment out of
the other ninety :P And there's already a pretty little grey tabby
hanging out in the bushes by the lake. I'm not sure if it has a home
and just likes it there, or if it LIVES wild... it comes running for
pettings if it's around when I go out there.

tanadashoes
February 13th 08, 01:28 AM
On Feb 12, 11:33*am, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 04:55:17 -0800 (PST), Bettina >
> wrote:
>

> >On 12 Feb., 05:24, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:

> >> I go for walkies almost every day and I've met a few very sweet
> >> friendly cats... I make a point of walking past the one house because
> >> it has a whole FAMILY of outdoor cats who are desperately hungry for
> >> attention, poor babies. They have shelter (a whole bunch of carriers
> >> with blankets draped over them on the front porch), and food and water
> >> left out, and they seem to be healthy (shiny coats and no sign of
> >> fleas), but tjhey obviously don't get a lot of loving... at first it
> >> was just the one kitty who came for petting - a gorgeous
> >> tortoiseshelly tabby who is super-friendly - and everyone else ran
> >> away or hung back, but now I have THREE of them coming when I call.
> >> The torty and a pale apricot ginger kitty circle my legs purring their
> >> heads off, and Mamakitty (a very beatup grey tabby) sits up on the
> >> fence and watches. Last time she even slunk up to me for a quick
> >> scritch and then she went back to the fence post! The other three cats
> >> aren't interested in affection, but last time they lay around in the
> >> sun watching me, and I suspect that if I keep up the regular visits,
> >> one of these days I'll have ALL of them circling my legs... I just
> >> hope that they've all been spayed/fixed, or that house is going to end
> >> up with a whole COLONY living in the front yard!
>
> >Uhuh - one dday they will find out where you live.<g>
>
> LOL! I almost wish they would... the little tabby is the most gorgeous
> cat I've seen in a month of sundays - regular grey tabby with a brush
> of *russet along its back and around its ears, as well as being the
> friendliest. The cream would be gorgeous too if it had a bath and a
> good brushup - after you pet it your hands are FILTHY (but that's to
> be expected in a cat that lives/sleeps outside...) The shy ones are
> all cuties too.
> Anyway, they could follow me down the street to home if they really
> wanted, but they'd have a bit of trouble picking my apartment out of
> the other ninety :P And there's already a pretty little grey tabby
> hanging out in the bushes by the lake. I'm not sure if it has a home
> and just likes it there, or if it LIVES wild... it comes running for
> pettings if it's around when I go out there.- Hide quoted text -

Gee Karen, I thought Mandy was bad for being the pied piper of
catdom. All you need is a recorder and a hole in your pocket that
permits one cat treat to drop at a time.

Pam S. laughing

polonca12000
February 16th 08, 10:11 PM
ollie2 wrote:
> I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time. My
> blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit of
> dieting also, :(
> I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
> exercise has probably contributed to my condition.
>
> Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am exhausted.
> It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to accompany us, in
> the end I locked her inside.
>
> When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I meet -
> there was an attractive Siamese this morning.
>
> Bev

I really enjoy meeting kitties on my walks too.
Best wishes and lots of health purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Cheryl P.[_2_]
February 16th 08, 10:25 PM
polonca12000 wrote:
> ollie2 wrote:
>> I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a
>> time. My blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it
>> is a bit of dieting also, :(
>> I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack
>> of exercise has probably contributed to my condition.
>>
>> Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am
>> exhausted. It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to
>> accompany us, in the end I locked her inside.
>>
>> When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I
>> meet - there was an attractive Siamese this morning.
>>
>> Bev
>

> I really enjoy meeting kitties on my walks too.
> Best wishes and lots of health purrs,
> Polonca and Soncek

I think I mentioned this here before, but on my last and far too long
ago trip to Europe, a friend travelling with me claimed that some people
go to Europe for the historical buildings, museums, scenery etc., but I
went there to look at cats.

This was something of an exaggeration - I enjoyed a lot of historical
buildings etc., but I also enjoyed looking at cats, and Europe has a lot
of them, too.

I think it was a different friend who said (on watching me trying to
coax a rather rough-looking cat close enough for skritches) something
along the lines of 'You can't even tell an attractive cat from an ugly
one. Do you really think that's a nice-looking animal???'

Cheryl

ollie2
February 17th 08, 10:16 PM
"Cheryl P." > wrote in message
> polonca12000 wrote:
>> ollie2 wrote:
>>> I have to go walkies three times a week for about half an hour a time.
>>> My blood tests came back and my colestral was up, so guess it is a bit
>>> of dieting also, :(
>>> I am the original slug I am ashamed to say and realise that the lack of
>>> exercise has probably contributed to my condition.
>>>
>>> Am just back from a half an hour march, shepherded by DH and am
>>> exhausted. It was hard to get away from Fluff who was determined to
>>> accompany us, in the end I locked her inside.
>>>
>>> When I am more accustomed to my marches I'll write about the cats I
>>> meet - there was an attractive Siamese this morning.
>>>
>>> Bev
>>

>> I really enjoy meeting kitties on my walks too.
>> Best wishes and lots of health purrs,
>> Polonca and Soncek
>>
> I think I mentioned this here before, but on my last and far too long ago
> trip to Europe, a friend travelling with me claimed that some people go to
> Europe for the historical buildings, museums, scenery etc., but I went
> there to look at cats.
>
> This was something of an exaggeration - I enjoyed a lot of historical
> buildings etc., but I also enjoyed looking at cats, and Europe has a lot
> of them, too.
>
> I think it was a different friend who said (on watching me trying to coax
> a rather rough-looking cat close enough for skritches) something along the
> lines of 'You can't even tell an attractive cat from an ugly one. Do you
> really think that's a nice-looking animal???'
>
> Cheryl

Like you Cheryl, I love looking at cats, I don't care if they are rough
looking, they are all beautiful to me :)

I've made friends with cats wherever we have travelled, Ireland, met a
beauty there, found a deaf white cat sunning itself in Hawaii, in Russia a
shabby mog near the hotel, in England an elderly tabby that lived at the
house exchangers house. He was the love of their lives and you can imagine
my consternation when he failed to appear for three days!!! Seems he
didn't fancy the new tenants and was collecting his meals from a neighbour.
phew, she might have told me lol. Eventually he forgave us and landed on
the bed one night and spent the night in the middle of the bed. We slept
around him, we wanted to stay in his good books.

Bev