PDA

View Full Version : OT Jericho is back!

Karen
February 13th 08, 04:40 AM
And it was gooooooooood. I hope Major Beck is a good guy. I like him.

:-\)Liz
February 13th 08, 06:46 AM
I like "Beck"(can't remember his real name) but I fear he'll end up being
the "bad" guy in Jericho. :-( I didn't think I would ever watch Jericho
again after they killed off Gerald McRaney....I've always had a thing for
him...... But this first new episode has me back.....Sadly it comes on at
the same time Nip Tuck is on....... so it will be a toss up on which gets
watched and which gets recorded... :-) Liz

"Karen" > wrote in message
> And it was gooooooooood. I hope Major Beck is a good guy. I like him.

:-\)Liz
February 13th 08, 06:52 AM
Esai Morales ..That's Major Beck's real name. He played Lieutenant Tony
Rodriguez in NYPD Blues one of my past favorite shows.....Miss that show I
do.... :-) Liz

":-)Liz" > wrote in message
>I like "Beck"(can't remember his real name) but I fear he'll end up being
>the "bad" guy in Jericho. :-( I didn't think I would ever watch Jericho
>again after they killed off Gerald McRaney....I've always had a thing for
>him...... But this first new episode has me back.....Sadly it comes on at
>the same time Nip Tuck is on....... so it will be a toss up on which gets
>watched and which gets recorded... :-) Liz
>
> "Karen" > wrote in message
>> And it was gooooooooood. I hope Major Beck is a good guy. I like him.

Daniel Mahoney
February 13th 08, 01:48 PM
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:46:29 -0600, :-)Liz wrote:

> I like "Beck"(can't remember his real name) but I fear he'll end up being
> the "bad" guy in Jericho. :-( I didn't think I would ever watch Jericho
> again after they killed off Gerald McRaney....I've always had a thing for
> him...... But this first new episode has me back.....Sadly it comes on at
> the same time Nip Tuck is on....... so it will be a toss up on which gets
> watched and which gets recorded... :-) Liz

I'm hoping that he'll turn out to be good, but with the shenanigans that
Hawkins is uncovering I've got my doubts.

My only problem with it is the time. I'm usually in bed and asleep at the
time the new series starts!

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
February 13th 08, 08:37 PM
Karen wrote:

> And it was gooooooooood. I hope Major Beck is a good guy. I like him.

It is so far superior to most of the "reality TV" crap they
have on nowadays, that I can't IMAGINE why they tried to
take it off, in the first place! I like the various
incarnations of CSI and Law and Order, but it's nice to see
something worth watching that ISN'T a crime show!

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
February 13th 08, 08:39 PM
Daniel Mahoney wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:46:29 -0600, :-)Liz wrote:
>

>>I like "Beck"(can't remember his real name) but I fear he'll end up being
>>the "bad" guy in Jericho. :-( I didn't think I would ever watch Jericho
>>again after they killed off Gerald McRaney....I've always had a thing for
>>him...... But this first new episode has me back.....Sadly it comes on at
>>the same time Nip Tuck is on....... so it will be a toss up on which gets
>>watched and which gets recorded... :-) Liz
>

> I'm hoping that he'll turn out to be good, but with the shenanigans that
> Hawkins is uncovering I've got my doubts.
>
> My only problem with it is the time. I'm usually in bed and asleep at the
> time the new series starts!

Where do you LIVE???? It comes on at 9 P.M. in Arizona, no
later than 10 P.M. anywhere in the U.S.

Daniel Mahoney
February 13th 08, 08:54 PM
> Where do you LIVE???? It comes on at 9 P.M. in Arizona, no
> later than 10 P.M. anywhere in the U.S.

In Iowa it comes on at 9 PM. But I'm usually in bed about that time! I'm a
lot more likely to be up and about early in the morning than late at night.

Christine K.
February 14th 08, 04:09 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) kirjoitti:

> Daniel Mahoney wrote:
>

>> I'm hoping that he'll turn out to be good, but with the shenanigans that
>> Hawkins is uncovering I've got my doubts.
>>
>> My only problem with it is the time. I'm usually in bed and asleep at the
>> time the new series starts!
>
> Where do you LIVE???? It comes on at 9 P.M. in Arizona, no later than
> 10 P.M. anywhere in the U.S.

Well I'm not in the USA or watching this show, but I do go to bed
sometimes as early as 9 p.m. and usually between 9 and 10 p.m. on
weekdays as I get up at 5.30 a.m. to get to work... And I don't even
have a long commute or go to work that early, have to be there 7.30.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
February 15th 08, 07:36 AM
Daniel Mahoney wrote:

>>Where do you LIVE???? It comes on at 9 P.M. in Arizona, no
>>later than 10 P.M. anywhere in the U.S.
>

> In Iowa it comes on at 9 PM. But I'm usually in bed about that time! I'm a
> lot more likely to be up and about early in the morning than late at night.

Oh. ;-) I'm a "night person" by nature - one of the things
I've found most difficult about adjusting to the senior
residence I moved into is the mealtimes. I opted for the
plan that only includes one meal a day (my choice, whichever
one I want that day). Now I'm retired, I CERTAINLY don't
want to get up for a 6 A.M. breakfast, but since my
apartment includes a kitchen, I can sleep in and have it at
about 10 A.M., instead. That makes the noon meal at 11 much
too early for me, too, but since they start serving the
evening meal at 4 P.M. (and I never in my life had dinner
earlier than 6 - usually closer to 8) I simply skip lunch
and have my main meal at 4, by which time I'm hungry enough
to eat it. When I expressed surprise that there are so few
evening activities (other than impromptu card games) I was
told that many of the residents are in bed by 7 P.M.! (I
may sometimes find myself falling asleep in front of the TV,
but I seldom feel like going to bed much before 11.)

Joy
February 15th 08, 08:36 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message

> Daniel Mahoney wrote:
>
>>>Where do you LIVE???? It comes on at 9 P.M. in Arizona, no later than 10
>>>P.M. anywhere in the U.S.
>>

>> In Iowa it comes on at 9 PM. But I'm usually in bed about that time! I'm
>> lot more likely to be up and about early in the morning than late at
>> night.
>
> Oh. ;-) I'm a "night person" by nature - one of the things I've found
> most difficult about adjusting to the senior residence I moved into is the
> mealtimes. I opted for the plan that only includes one meal a day (my
> choice, whichever one I want that day). Now I'm retired, I CERTAINLY
> don't want to get up for a 6 A.M. breakfast, but since my apartment
> includes a kitchen, I can sleep in and have it at about 10 A.M., instead.
> That makes the noon meal at 11 much too early for me, too, but since they
> start serving the evening meal at 4 P.M. (and I never in my life had
> dinner earlier than 6 - usually closer to 8) I simply skip lunch and have
> my main meal at 4, by which time I'm hungry enough to eat it. When I
> expressed surprise that there are so few evening activities (other than
> impromptu card games) I was told that many of the residents are in bed by
> 7 P.M.! (I may sometimes find myself falling asleep in front of the TV,
> but I seldom feel like going to bed much before 11.)

I hadn't thought about that aspect of it, but I completely understand,
Evelyn. I normally get up around 8:30 or 9 AM. I eat my lunch sitting in
my recliner, and often have a nap afterward. I eat dinner around 7:00 or
8:00, and seldom go to bed before midnight. It's often 1:00 or later.

Joy

Bridget[_2_]
February 15th 08, 10:06 PM
Daniel Mahoney wrote:
>> Where do you LIVE???? It comes on at 9 P.M. in Arizona, no
>> later than 10 P.M. anywhere in the U.S.
>
> In Iowa it comes on at 9 PM. But I'm usually in bed about that time! I'm a
> lot more likely to be up and about early in the morning than late at night.

Yeah, me too. I get up between 6 and 6:30 and I need a good 9 hours of
sleep. I can make do on less, but on a routine basis, 8.5-9 hours is
essential. I used to be a night owl, but that was before I got out of
school and could mostly set my own hours. I also used to stay up later
and then get up later and not have but a quick bit of time in the
morning to get ready. I used to be able to make it in five minutes on a
slow day. Now even when I get up and run, it takes 15-30 minutes and my
usual morning has me with 1.5 - 2 hours to slowly drink my coffee
(aaahhhhh, coffee) and get ready for the day.

Bridget

Marina
February 16th 08, 06:03 AM
Bridget wrote:
> Yeah, me too. I get up between 6 and 6:30 and I need a good 9 hours of
> sleep. I can make do on less, but on a routine basis, 8.5-9 hours is
> essential. I used to be a night owl, but that was before I got out of
> school and could mostly set my own hours. I also used to stay up later
> and then get up later and not have but a quick bit of time in the
> morning to get ready. I used to be able to make it in five minutes on a
> slow day. Now even when I get up and run, it takes 15-30 minutes and my
> usual morning has me with 1.5 - 2 hours to slowly drink my coffee
> (aaahhhhh, coffee) and get ready for the day.

i do that, too, except with tea. i may wake up any time between 5 and 6.
but if i know i'll be able to take a nap in the afternoon, i can also
stay up late the previous night. i love my afternoon naps, when mir
comes under the blankie and snuggles up tight to my chest, and caliban
usually curls up against my legs. or he gets under the blanket, too.
after the nap, i can work for many more hours and stay up late again.

Suz
February 16th 08, 02:43 PM
On Feb 13, 1:46�am, ":-\)Liz" > wrote:
> I �like �"Beck"(can't remember his real name) but I fear he'll end up being
> the "bad" guy in Jericho. :-( � I didn't think I would ever watch Jericho
> again after they killed off Gerald McRaney....I've always had a thing for
> him...... But this first new episode has me back.....Sadly it comes on at
> the same time Nip Tuck is on....... so it will be a toss up on which gets
> watched and which gets recorded... :-) Liz
>
> "Karen" > wrote in message

> > And it was gooooooooood. I hope Major Beck is a good guy. I like him.- Hide quoted text -

I'm one of those Jericho nuts who sent nuts. I too am hoping that Beck
is a good guy. He really looks good in that uniform ;o) Texas is the
wild card state, not alighned with anyone. Anyone think about
Catnipped when they said that.

Suz&Spicey
Hoping the Eastern States get their act together.

Daniel Mahoney
April 2nd 08, 04:37 PM
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:40:17 -0600, Karen wrote:

> And it was gooooooooood. I hope Major Beck is a good guy. I like him.

Would anyone be interested in reading an amateur-written script for
episode 8?

I had a go at National Novel Writing Month, where participants were to try
to write a novel on one month. Got off to a good start but then allowed
work pressures to side-track me. Now I'm having a try at Script Frenzy
(http://www.scriptfrenzy.org). The goal of script frenzy is to write an
entire 100-page script in 30 days. The 30 days started yesterday.

My attempt at Script Frenzy is an 8th episode for season 2 of Jericho. So
far I've got the first 10 pages written and have a synopsis describing
what I'd like to write into the episode. If anyone is interested I'll make
it available through a web page.

Dan

Billy Colburn
April 3rd 08, 04:48 AM
Daniel Mahoney > wrote in message:
,

> Would anyone be interested in reading an amateur-written script for
> episode 8?

No

--
Billy Colburn