PDA

View Full Version : More kitten cuteness

February 14th 08, 07:38 AM
Everett (whose name I never use - I call him "Baby" or "Kitten" mostly)
plays fetch! And he's quite good at it. His favorite thing to fetch is
a crumpled up piece of paper rolled into a ball. I throw it, and he races
after it. Then he bats it around for a while (he's really very self-
entertaining). But eventually he picks it up in his mouth and brings it
back to me. And I really mean all the way back to me, not this "symbolic
fetch" that the other guys play, where they pick up the toy, walk 3 steps
in my general direction, and then drop it uncertainly. :) He will bring
it right to me, so our games can go on for quite a while.

Also, Licky demonstrated what a gentleman he is. Everett had used the
uncovered litterbox that I have in the bedroom, and had left a poop
right on top of the litter. Didn't cover it at all. When I let Licky
into the bedroom, he poked around a bit, and then noticed the condition
of the litterbox. So he went over there and covered up the poop. Well,
*someone* has to teach that little street urchin some manners!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

jofirey
February 14th 08, 08:11 PM
> wrote in message
> Everett (whose name I never use - I call him "Baby" or "Kitten" mostly)
> plays fetch! And he's quite good at it. His favorite thing to fetch is
> a crumpled up piece of paper rolled into a ball. I throw it, and he races
> after it. Then he bats it around for a while (he's really very self-
> entertaining). But eventually he picks it up in his mouth and brings it
> back to me. And I really mean all the way back to me, not this "symbolic
> fetch" that the other guys play, where they pick up the toy, walk 3 steps
> in my general direction, and then drop it uncertainly. :) He will bring
> it right to me, so our games can go on for quite a while.

That is so cool. Even a puppy can be hard to convince to actually return a
toy to someone to have it thrown again.

Jo

Marina
February 14th 08, 08:20 PM
wrote:
> Everett (whose name I never use - I call him "Baby" or "Kitten" mostly)
> plays fetch! And he's quite good at it. His favorite thing to fetch is
> a crumpled up piece of paper rolled into a ball. I throw it, and he races
> after it. Then he bats it around for a while (he's really very self-
> entertaining). But eventually he picks it up in his mouth and brings it
> back to me. And I really mean all the way back to me, not this "symbolic
> fetch" that the other guys play, where they pick up the toy, walk 3 steps
> in my general direction, and then drop it uncertainly. :) He will bring
> it right to me, so our games can go on for quite a while.
>
> Also, Licky demonstrated what a gentleman he is. Everett had used the
> uncovered litterbox that I have in the bedroom, and had left a poop
> right on top of the litter. Didn't cover it at all. When I let Licky
> into the bedroom, he poked around a bit, and then noticed the condition
> of the litterbox. So he went over there and covered up the poop. Well,
> *someone* has to teach that little street urchin some manners!

aaawww. what a lovely update on everett. maybe licky will teach him to
be a gentleman, too.

mir fetches stribg. she currently has a shoelace that's her favourite
toy atm, and she will fetch it and bring it to me when i throw it for
her. caliban does not understand the concept of 'fetching.'

Outsider
February 14th 08, 10:50 PM
wrote in news:47b3f012$0$36326
:

> Everett (whose name I never use - I call him "Baby" or "Kitten" mostly)
> plays fetch! And he's quite good at it. His favorite thing to fetch is
> a crumpled up piece of paper rolled into a ball. I throw it, and he races
> after it. Then he bats it around for a while (he's really very self-
> entertaining). But eventually he picks it up in his mouth and brings it
> back to me. And I really mean all the way back to me, not this "symbolic
> fetch" that the other guys play, where they pick up the toy, walk 3 steps
> in my general direction, and then drop it uncertainly. :) He will bring
> it right to me, so our games can go on for quite a while.
>
> Also, Licky demonstrated what a gentleman he is. Everett had used the
> uncovered litterbox that I have in the bedroom, and had left a poop
> right on top of the litter. Didn't cover it at all. When I let Licky
> into the bedroom, he poked around a bit, and then noticed the condition
> of the litterbox. So he went over there and covered up the poop. Well,
> *someone* has to teach that little street urchin some manners!
>
> Joyce

With all those fancy toys they make it seems a crumpled ball of paper or a
cardboard box is still highest on the list of many cats. Gotta love it!
Love the fetch!

Andy

polonca12000
February 20th 08, 09:17 PM
wrote:

> Everett (whose name I never use - I call him "Baby" or "Kitten" mostly)
> plays fetch! And he's quite good at it. His favorite thing to fetch is
> a crumpled up piece of paper rolled into a ball. I throw it, and he races
> after it. Then he bats it around for a while (he's really very self-
> entertaining). But eventually he picks it up in his mouth and brings it
> back to me. And I really mean all the way back to me, not this "symbolic
> fetch" that the other guys play, where they pick up the toy, walk 3 steps
> in my general direction, and then drop it uncertainly. :) He will bring
> it right to me, so our games can go on for quite a while.
>
> Also, Licky demonstrated what a gentleman he is. Everett had used the
> uncovered litterbox that I have in the bedroom, and had left a poop
> right on top of the litter. Didn't cover it at all. When I let Licky
> into the bedroom, he poked around a bit, and then noticed the condition
> of the litterbox. So he went over there and covered up the poop. Well,
> *someone* has to teach that little street urchin some manners!
>
> Joyce

Great news!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek