PDA

View Full Version : cleaners cont.

Marina
February 14th 08, 10:44 AM
the cleaners came again today, and since i didn't have anywhere to be, i
waited for them at home. we talked about the cats and they described how
caliban has gradually warmed up to them. i then joked a little about
what an excellent actor he is, and he even sometimes manages to convince
me he's starving, though i know he's recently had a full meal *and* has
snatched some tidbits off mir's plate.

the cleaner's assistant, who was the one who'd put the kibble in the
bowl, said he'd been absolutely convinced caliban had not been fed,
though he has three cats of his own and knows how wily they can be.

i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*

Adrian[_2_]
February 14th 08, 05:28 PM
Marina wrote:
> the cleaners came again today, and since i didn't have anywhere to
> be, i waited for them at home. we talked about the cats and they
> described how caliban has gradually warmed up to them. i then joked a
> little about what an excellent actor he is, and he even sometimes
> manages to convince me he's starving, though i know he's recently had
> a full meal *and* has snatched some tidbits off mir's plate.
>
> the cleaner's assistant, who was the one who'd put the kibble in the
> bowl, said he'd been absolutely convinced caliban had not been fed,
> though he has three cats of his own and knows how wily they can be.
>
> i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
> showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
> easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*

Down girl! ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Christine K.
February 14th 08, 05:34 PM
Adrian kirjoitti:
> Marina wrote:
>> the cleaners came again today, and since i didn't have anywhere to
>> be, i waited for them at home. we talked about the cats and they
>> described how caliban has gradually warmed up to them. i then joked a
>> little about what an excellent actor he is, and he even sometimes
>> manages to convince me he's starving, though i know he's recently had
>> a full meal *and* has snatched some tidbits off mir's plate.
>>
>> the cleaner's assistant, who was the one who'd put the kibble in the
>> bowl, said he'd been absolutely convinced caliban had not been fed,
>> though he has three cats of his own and knows how wily they can be.
>>
>> i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
>> showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
>> easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*
>
> Down girl! ;-)

Cmon Adrian, Marina's single (AFAIK) and an adult... of course she can
admire gorgeous young men!! I know I would... :)

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Granby
February 14th 08, 06:09 PM
Hey girl, lookin' don't hurt anyone. There are some things that being
nearly blind is a plus, this is NOT one of them!
"Christine K." > wrote in message
> Adrian kirjoitti:
>> Marina wrote:
>>> the cleaners came again today, and since i didn't have anywhere to
>>> be, i waited for them at home. we talked about the cats and they
>>> described how caliban has gradually warmed up to them. i then joked a
>>> little about what an excellent actor he is, and he even sometimes
>>> manages to convince me he's starving, though i know he's recently had
>>> a full meal *and* has snatched some tidbits off mir's plate.
>>>
>>> the cleaner's assistant, who was the one who'd put the kibble in the
>>> bowl, said he'd been absolutely convinced caliban had not been fed,
>>> though he has three cats of his own and knows how wily they can be.
>>>
>>> i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
>>> showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
>>> easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*
>>
>> Down girl! ;-)
>
> Cmon Adrian, Marina's single (AFAIK) and an adult... of course she can
> admire gorgeous young men!! I know I would... :)
>
> --
> Christine in Laitila, Finland
> christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Yowie
February 14th 08, 10:27 PM
"Christine K." > wrote in message
> Adrian kirjoitti:
>> Marina wrote:
>>> the cleaners came again today, and since i didn't have anywhere to
>>> be, i waited for them at home. we talked about the cats and they
>>> described how caliban has gradually warmed up to them. i then joked a
>>> little about what an excellent actor he is, and he even sometimes
>>> manages to convince me he's starving, though i know he's recently had
>>> a full meal *and* has snatched some tidbits off mir's plate.
>>>
>>> the cleaner's assistant, who was the one who'd put the kibble in the
>>> bowl, said he'd been absolutely convinced caliban had not been fed,
>>> though he has three cats of his own and knows how wily they can be.
>>>
>>> i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
>>> showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
>>> easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*
>>
>> Down girl! ;-)
>
> Cmon Adrian, Marina's single (AFAIK) and an adult... of course she can
> admire gorgeous young men!! I know I would... :)

Bah, you don't have to be single to admire gorgeous young men! As my father
says "just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't read the menu" :-)

Yowie
(perhaps I am channeling a Dave)

tanadashoes
February 14th 08, 11:33 PM
On Feb 14, 5:27*pm, "Yowie" > wrote:
> "Christine K." > wrote in message

> > Adrian kirjoitti:

> >> Down girl! ;-)
>
> > Cmon Adrian, Marina's single (AFAIK) and an adult... of course she can
> > admire gorgeous young men!! I know I would... *:)
>
> Bah, you don't have to be single to admire gorgeous young men! As my father
> says "just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't read the menu" :-)
>
> Yowie
> (perhaps I am channeling a Dave)-

Yehuddah, definitely Yehuddah.

Pam S
(North Carolina USA)

February 15th 08, 10:01 AM
> > i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
> > showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
> > easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*
>
> Down girl! ;-)
> --

In the theme of Marina, I went to see Holiday on Ice with a friend
last night. I paid scant attention to what a lot of the female skaters
were doing, but I know *EXactly* what the male skaters were doing...
and their costumes enabled me to really appreciate the finer asthetics
of their bodies... it was a *VERY* pleasent 2 1/2
hours .....*ahem*....

:: Helen M goes off to take a cold shower::

Helen M

Granby
February 15th 08, 11:57 AM
U go Girl!
> wrote in message
>> > i'm glad we cleared the air about the kibble incident. i definitely
>> > showed them i'm not angry about it. also, the cleaner's assistant was
>> > easy to forgive, because he happens to be a gorgeous young man. *grin*
>>
>> Down girl! ;-)
>> --
>
> In the theme of Marina, I went to see Holiday on Ice with a friend
> last night. I paid scant attention to what a lot of the female skaters
> were doing, but I know *EXactly* what the male skaters were doing...
> and their costumes enabled me to really appreciate the finer asthetics
> of their bodies... it was a *VERY* pleasent 2 1/2
> hours .....*ahem*....
>
> :: Helen M goes off to take a cold shower::
>
> Helen M

February 15th 08, 07:24 PM
wrote:

> In the theme of Marina, I went to see Holiday on Ice with a friend
> last night. I paid scant attention to what a lot of the female skaters
> were doing, but I know *EXactly* what the male skaters were doing...
> and their costumes enabled me to really appreciate the finer asthetics
> of their bodies... it was a *VERY* pleasent 2 1/2
> hours .....*ahem*....

> :: Helen M goes off to take a cold shower::

Last week I went to see a Russian folkdance performance - it's a very
famous dance company but the name escapes me at the moment. I'll bet
someone here will know it.

Anyway, I found myself watching the men a lot more than the women,
too, but for a less happy reason than yours, Helen. It was because
the men did all the interesting dancing. The women's dancing was
mostly decorative - a lot of cute little steps, and waving of
handkerchiefs and so forth.

Which is not to say that the women didn't work hard - it was clear
that they did. And they had to be very skilled, as their steps were
quite complex. And yet, their moves were not meant to show off
strength or agility, which is what I find exciting to look at. The
men leapt, spun, and did amazing, athletic stunts, bending their
bodies in ways that normal people usually don't (ie, can't).

I can't say I was left needing a cold shower, but it was wonderful
to look at. I just wish that I could see women doing some of the
same things. It's not like women can't do that stuff.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

mlbriggs
February 15th 08, 07:55 PM
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:24:35 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > In the theme of Marina, I went to see Holiday on Ice with a friend last
> > night. I paid scant attention to what a lot of the female skaters were
> > doing, but I know *EXactly* what the male skaters were doing... and
> > their costumes enabled me to really appreciate the finer asthetics of
> > their bodies... it was a *VERY* pleasent 2 1/2 hours .....*ahem*....
>
> > :: Helen M goes off to take a cold shower::
>
> Last week I went to see a Russian folkdance performance - it's a very
> famous dance company but the name escapes me at the moment. I'll bet
> someone here will know it.
>
> Anyway, I found myself watching the men a lot more than the women, too,
> but for a less happy reason than yours, Helen. It was because the men did
> all the interesting dancing. The women's dancing was mostly decorative - a
> lot of cute little steps, and waving of handkerchiefs and so forth.
>
> Which is not to say that the women didn't work hard - it was clear that
> they did. And they had to be very skilled, as their steps were quite
> complex. And yet, their moves were not meant to show off strength or
> agility, which is what I find exciting to look at. The men leapt, spun,
> and did amazing, athletic stunts, bending their bodies in ways that normal
> people usually don't (ie, can't).
>
> I can't say I was left needing a cold shower, but it was wonderful to look
> at. I just wish that I could see women doing some of the same things. It's
> not like women can't do that stuff.
>
> Joyce

Do you ever watch the gymnasts? Some of those training for the Olympics
are fantastic! MLB

Lesley
February 15th 08, 08:27 PM
On Feb 14, 2:27*pm, "Yowie" > wrote:

> Bah, you don't have to be single to admire gorgeous young men! As my father
> says "just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't read the menu" :-)

Like a few years ago Dave and me were in the West End and I'd always
wanted to get one of those rickshaw things pulled by very fit young
male cylicists so we did. As the pair of us make a fairly heavy load
he had to stand up in the saddle...

Suffice to say the only reason Dave didn't get thrown out was that if
I had lightened the load- he would have been able to sit down again!

THAT's what I call a good view

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

February 15th 08, 09:06 PM
> Do you ever watch the gymnasts? *Some of those training for the Olympics
> are fantastic! * MLB-

No, but I spend a *LOT* of time watching ice hockey!! ;o)

Helen M

Jack Campin - bogus address
February 16th 08, 01:41 AM
> Last week I went to see a Russian folkdance performance - it's a very
> famous dance company but the name escapes me at the moment. I'll bet
> someone here will know it.
> Anyway, I found myself watching the men a lot more than the women,
> too, but for a less happy reason than yours, Helen. It was because
> the men did all the interesting dancing. The women's dancing was
> mostly decorative - a lot of cute little steps, and waving of
> handkerchiefs and so forth.

Much of that stuff isn't originally Russian, but came from the Caucasus
(whose people the Russians have been trying to obliterate since the time
of Catherine the Great, with a brief hiatus under the Communists, but
the Russian consensus was always that they had a great natural sense of
rhythm). You motivated me to go look for some of that on YouTube again.
There's a lot there. Search under "chechen", "cecen", "adige", "cerkez",
"abhaz", "apsua" - the comments are mostly in Turkish, and the Turkish
names for these peoples are used more often on YouTube. It's usually
obvious what the related links are.

There are an *amazing* number of Caucasian guys who seem to spend their
lives compensating for the lack of iridescent green feathers on their bums.
Like this (Chechen dancers): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eCoPImYq2X8 ,
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0Mcsj7zAI

An Ingush dance where the macho stuff is at the end (the guys start out
apparently moving on wheels): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gFYn4slCCTs

Chechen exiles in Jordan (you can see how this could meld seamlessly
into breakdance, and there is in fact a genre of Chechen rap for exactly
that): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FyGZ6Mh7vRo

Lezgian dance from Dagestan done by a group from Azerbaijan (there is
another copy with a less inflammatory title, but the nutty opinions go
with the territory): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ySKueJNkWQ0

A rather wonderful spoof of Circassian dance (follow the related links
and you get penguinized interpretations of Kurdish, Black Sea, Abkhaz
and Turkish dance as well): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TVp7uz3-aqs

You get the same sort of macho dance south of the Caucasus too. Here's
one (with much older dancers) from the Black Sea region of Turkey, maybe
a Greek dance originally: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhrWLgYRM8

And this line dance, probably from the Laz minority of north-east
Turkey: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PWtUs9EhiVo

And a bunch of guys from the Black Sea region of Turkey in a really
terrific demonstration of how folk dance can continue in the modern
world (I've seen Black Sea tourists doing exactly this in a different
part of Turkey): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uPirZRST3PQ

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====