PDA

View Full Version : How I was awakened this morning

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 05:02 PM
I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 05:23 PM
"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
>>computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded
>>like a home invasion!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

> How cute is that!!!! :) They are soooo adorable, Lor!!! Thanks for at
> least catching the tail end!!!

Thanks! when they were jumping in unison and slamming into the door
together it really did sound like a home invasion - I sat straight up in bed
and almost screamed. Thank goodness that when I did sit up I was facing the
door and saw it was only Da Boyz being their usual boisterous selves or I
think I might have had heart failure! It took me quite a while to calm
down, wake up properly and then think to go get the camera. I wish I could
have captured more of this, they were doing some *really* prodigious leaps
before they got tired! It was almost as if the Daddy Longlegs on the other
side of the door was teasing them on purpose! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
>
> ·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
> ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
> Laurie
> ((¸¸.·´ ..·´
> -:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·
>
> *~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*
>
> All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
> ~Abraham Lincoln
>

>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Kreisleriana[_3_]
February 16th 08, 05:53 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>home invasion!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Fantastic!!!! ROFL

kraut
February 16th 08, 05:58 PM
>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
>it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
>Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>home invasion!
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??

I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito .

Thats a new one for me.

Irulan
February 16th 08, 06:46 PM
LOL, I love that first 'double action' leap!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>home invasion!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>

> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

jmcquown[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:13 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors.

We call those things "skeeter eaters". I have no idea why, nor do I know if
they eat mosquitos. I do know they don't bite like mosquitos do :)

> Turn your computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM -
> it sounded like a home invasion!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Very cute indeed!

Jill

> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Outsider
February 16th 08, 07:18 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in
:

> I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
> out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
> a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
> computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
> sounded like a home invasion!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

More like a thwarted home invasion!

Outsider
February 16th 08, 07:19 PM
kraut > wrote in
:

>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
>>a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
>>computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
>>sounded like a home invasion!
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>

> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>
> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
> Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>
> Thats a new one for me.

I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and whether
she made the name up herself or if others use it.

Andy

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:28 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
> kraut > wrote in
> :
>

>>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
>>>a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
>>>computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
>>>sounded like a home invasion!
>>>
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>>
>> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>>
>> Thats a new one for me.
>>

> I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and
> whether
> she made the name up herself or if others use it.

It's a long legged mosquito - at least that's what we called them in New
Orleans. Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTYg1TjAl8E&watch_response - apparently other
people call them mosquito hawks.

Never saw a Daddy Longlegs spider.

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Andy

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:31 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
> kraut > wrote in
> :
>

>>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
>>>a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
>>>computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
>>>sounded like a home invasion!
>>>
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>>
>> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>>
>> Thats a new one for me.
>>

> I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and
> whether
> she made the name up herself or if others use it.
>
> Andy

Ah, this explains it - a lot of people in New Orleans are of Irish descent,
me included: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:39 PM
"Irulan" > wrote in message
. ..
> LOL, I love that first 'double action' leap!

That's mostly what they were doing - hitting the door at the exact same time
so it really sounded like somebody trying to break down my doors (well,
technically, it *was* somebody trying to break down my doors, Da Boyz, but
to get out to the insect, not in).

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Lily & her mama
>
> --
> Irulan
> from the stars we come
> to the stars we return
> from now until the end of time.
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
>>computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded
>>like a home invasion!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:42 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors.
>
> We call those things "skeeter eaters". I have no idea why, nor do I know
> if they eat mosquitos. I do know they don't bite like mosquitos do :)

According to this their "real" name is crane fly, but "skeeter eater" and
"daddy long-legs" are also listed as colloquial names for it.

>> Turn your computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at
>> 6AM - it sounded like a home invasion!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

> Very cute indeed!

Didn't seem so cute when I shot up in bed with my heart in my throat!!! ;>
Little sh*ts!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Jill
>>

>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:43 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>> out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
>> a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
>> computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
>> sounded like a home invasion!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

> More like a thwarted home invasion!

LOL! Yes, one could look at is as my mini protectors saving me from the
ravages of insects trying to get through the doors to me! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:53 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>>out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
>>>Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors.
>>
>> We call those things "skeeter eaters". I have no idea why, nor do I know
>> if they eat mosquitos. I do know they don't bite like mosquitos do :)
>
> According to this their "real" name is crane fly, but "skeeter eater" and
> "daddy long-legs" are also listed as colloquial names for it.

Oops, forgot to post this link I was referring to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

Hugs,

CatNipped

>>> Turn your computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at
>>> 6AM - it sounded like a home invasion!
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>>

>> Very cute indeed!
>
> Didn't seem so cute when I shot up in bed with my heart in my throat!!!
> ;> Little sh*ts!!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>

>> Jill
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>>
>>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Outsider
February 16th 08, 09:01 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in
:

> "Outsider" > wrote in message
>> kraut > wrote in
>> :

>>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>>>
>>> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never
>>> a Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>>>
>>> Thats a new one for me.
>>>

>> I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and
>> whether
>> she made the name up herself or if others use it.
>>
>> Andy
>
> Ah, this explains it - a lot of people in New Orleans are of Irish
> descent, me included: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

That is just the bug I thought you meant even though I never heard the
name before. It just seemed to fit. I can't wait to use it now.

Andy

Mischief
February 17th 08, 03:27 AM
We called 'em Mosquito eaters......Quite scary when you're a kid. Then
Dad got us the rubber band guns. muhahaahahaha.........

Man mine would go nuts if one was in my place.