PDA

View Full Version : Everett pictures!!

February 16th 08, 10:55 PM
A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.

I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
enjoyable!

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Kreisleriana[_3_]
February 16th 08, 11:03 PM
> wrote in message
>A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html

(Squeal!) Oh he's ADORABLE!

Outsider
February 17th 08, 12:07 AM
wrote in news:47b769df$0$36371
:

> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce

Oh man! He is great. I love his markings. Is the smudge on his head him?
I also liked seeing Roxy and Licky. Roxy looks like my sister's cat.
Licky is very debonair.

Andy

February 17th 08, 12:57 AM
Outsider > wrote:

> Oh man! He is great. I love his markings. Is the smudge on his head him?

Yes it is. And he also has an oval spot on his lower back that's made
of stripey material. :) He doesn't have black spots, he has striped spots.
So I guess his tail matches after all. :)

> I also liked seeing Roxy and Licky. Roxy looks like my sister's cat.
> Licky is very debonair.

He certainly is! At first I wanted to name him after a silver screen
idol, like Gary Cooper or Fred Astaire. But out of those names, the only
one that really worked as a cat name was "Cooper", and that sounded more
like a cowboy or ranch hand or something, not a leading man. I couldn't
call him Gary or Fred. (Fred's an auto mechanic, wearing a shirt with his
name stitched on. Not a name for an elegant young man-cat.) And "Astaire"?
What can you do with that, I mean for a nickname. Cat nicknames are very
important. We all know how fast they morph. I would have been calling him
"Stairey" before long. That's just wrong. Besides, I'm not that interested
in silver screen idols anyway. So who cares?

A friend of mine became concerned that months had gone by and I had not
named the poor gentleman. So she made it her personal mission to come up
with a name for him. Every time we talked, she threw 5 or 6 ideas at me,
but none of them sounded right, until she hit on "Licorice", one of my
favorite candies. Yes, he has some white, but mostly he's very strikingly
black. So, Licorice it was. And it had the perfect nickname!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Granby
February 17th 08, 01:32 AM
Lee adopted to my son a cat names Mr. Lewi. He is much like this, mostly
white but with a tail from another cat. Lewi has a beautiful orange striped
tail and a mark over his left ear that looks like a French Beret.
> wrote in message
> Outsider > wrote:
>
> > Oh man! He is great. I love his markings. Is the smudge on his head
> > him?
>
> Yes it is. And he also has an oval spot on his lower back that's made
> of stripey material. :) He doesn't have black spots, he has striped spots.
> So I guess his tail matches after all. :)
>
> > I also liked seeing Roxy and Licky. Roxy looks like my sister's cat.
> > Licky is very debonair.
>
> He certainly is! At first I wanted to name him after a silver screen
> idol, like Gary Cooper or Fred Astaire. But out of those names, the only
> one that really worked as a cat name was "Cooper", and that sounded more
> like a cowboy or ranch hand or something, not a leading man. I couldn't
> call him Gary or Fred. (Fred's an auto mechanic, wearing a shirt with his
> name stitched on. Not a name for an elegant young man-cat.) And "Astaire"?
> What can you do with that, I mean for a nickname. Cat nicknames are very
> important. We all know how fast they morph. I would have been calling him
> "Stairey" before long. That's just wrong. Besides, I'm not that interested
> in silver screen idols anyway. So who cares?
>
> A friend of mine became concerned that months had gone by and I had not
> named the poor gentleman. So she made it her personal mission to come up
> with a name for him. Every time we talked, she threw 5 or 6 ideas at me,
> but none of them sounded right, until she hit on "Licorice", one of my
> favorite candies. Yes, he has some white, but mostly he's very strikingly
> black. So, Licorice it was. And it had the perfect nickname!
>
> Joyce
> --
> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Will in New Haven
February 17th 08, 01:49 AM
On Feb 16, 5:55 pm, wrote:
> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!

Does Roxy LIVE in that bag? The picture of her giving him the LOOK
from the bag was a classic. What a fun bunch and that mismatched tail
is so distinctive.

--

"Whiskey - I like it, I always did, and that is the reason I never use
it." - Robert E. Lee

> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce
> --
> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

February 17th 08, 02:44 AM
Will in New Haven > wrote:

> Does Roxy LIVE in that bag?

No, the bag belongs to my friend with the digital camera. But Roxy likes
bags in general, and if a new one should appear in the house, she will
claim it. Plus, I had just given her a ride in the bag (swinging it back
and forth between my legs, and then high up in front of me. So she was
on an endorphin high when those pictures were taken.

> The picture of her giving him the LOOK from the bag was a classic.

It's one of Roxy's talents.

> What a fun bunch and that mismatched tail
> is so distinctive.

They're all running around now, chasing each other and cutting a path
of destruction through my apartment. They all get along great except for
Smudge, who fortunately is outdoor right now.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

tanadashoes
February 17th 08, 04:01 AM
On Feb 16, 5:55*pm, wrote:
> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html

Joyce, all of them are beautiful. Everett's tail and hind end
markings make him distinctive.

Pam S.

Marina
February 17th 08, 05:44 AM
wrote:
> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html

love the pics. lol'ed at the last one where roxy had sunk into the bag
to get away from the boys. hehehe.

Takayuki
February 17th 08, 08:15 AM
On Feb 16, 7:57*pm, wrote:
> Outsider > wrote:
>
> *> Oh man! *He is great. *I love his markings. *Is the smudge on his head him?
>
> Yes it is. And he also has an oval spot on his lower back that's made
> of stripey material. :) He doesn't have black spots, he has striped spots.
> So I guess his tail matches after all. :)

He seems to be getting along so well with the others. He's adoptable,
for sure. But seeing those pictures, I can understand that fostering
is hard. At least, the letting go part is hard!

You sometimes seem to get entire litters that have those hilarious
spots and dipstick tails. Mary's Mimi had a litter of those, and
Nancy's Flintstone series litter was like that too. Here's a picture
of Ernie:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2534043410047371020HEfiAa

February 17th 08, 08:40 AM
Takayuki > wrote:

> You sometimes seem to get entire litters that have those hilarious
> spots and dipstick tails. Mary's Mimi had a litter of those, and
> Nancy's Flintstone series litter was like that too. Here's a picture
> of Ernie:

> http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2534043410047371020HEfiAa

My goodness, they must be brothers! Ernie also has that "random stripey
areas" that Everett has. Is it an epidemic among male cats whose names
start with "E"?

Ernie is also quite large - wow!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

jmcquown[_2_]
February 17th 08, 11:28 AM
> wrote in message
>A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce
> --

What a sweetie :) Thanks for sharing!

Jill

Adrian[_2_]
February 17th 08, 01:10 PM
wrote:
> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act.
> Unfortunately Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I
> didn't have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There
> are 24 photos in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections.
> Hope it's still enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce

They're all lovely. Purrs for Everett to find the perfect home. (If he
hasn't already)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Adrian[_2_]
February 17th 08, 01:21 PM
wrote:
> Takayuki > wrote:
>
>> You sometimes seem to get entire litters that have those hilarious
>> spots and dipstick tails. Mary's Mimi had a litter of those, and
>> Nancy's Flintstone series litter was like that too. Here's a picture
>> of Ernie:
>
>> http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2534043410047371020HEfiAa
>
> My goodness, they must be brothers! Ernie also has that "random
> stripey areas" that Everett has. Is it an epidemic among male cats
> whose names start with "E"?
>
> Ernie is also quite large - wow!
>
> Joyce

They both remind me of my RB Rosie.
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/1421259660075823146rYJfoe
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Outsider
February 17th 08, 01:32 PM
wrote in news:47b769df$0$36371
:

> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce

Everett would make a great criminal. If each eye-witness saw a different
portion of him they would report:

witness 1: He was an all white cat

witness 2: No way! He was a tabby

witness 3: You're both nuts! He was spotted.

Detective: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Kreisleriana[_3_]
February 17th 08, 02:19 PM
"Takayuki" > wrote in message
On Feb 16, 7:57 pm, wrote:
> Outsider > wrote:
>
> > Oh man! He is great. I love his markings. Is the smudge on his head him?
>
> Yes it is. And he also has an oval spot on his lower back that's made
> of stripey material. :) He doesn't have black spots, he has striped spots.
> So I guess his tail matches after all. :)

He seems to be getting along so well with the others. He's adoptable,
for sure. But seeing those pictures, I can understand that fostering
is hard. At least, the letting go part is hard!

You sometimes seem to get entire litters that have those hilarious
spots and dipstick tails. Mary's Mimi had a litter of those, and
Nancy's Flintstone series litter was like that too. Here's a picture
of Ernie:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2534043410047371020HEfiAa

Stripey spots!!!!! On a giant cat!

Suz
February 17th 08, 02:29 PM
On Feb 16, 11:01�pm, tanadashoes > wrote:
> On Feb 16, 5:55�pm, wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> > kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> > incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> > Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> > I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> > have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> > in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> > enjoyable!
>
> >http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce, all of them are beautiful. �Everett's tail and hind end
> markings make him distinctive.
>
> Pam S.

Attractive crew Joyce. I agree Licky is an elegant fellow.
Suz&Spicey

tanadashoes
February 17th 08, 03:52 PM
On Feb 17, 3:15*am, Takayuki > wrote:
> On Feb 16, 7:57*pm, wrote:
>
> > Outsider > wrote:
>
> > *> Oh man! *He is great. *I love his markings. *Is the smudge on his head him?
>
> > Yes it is. And he also has an oval spot on his lower back that's made
> > of stripey material. :) He doesn't have black spots, he has striped spots.
> > So I guess his tail matches after all. :)
>
> He seems to be getting along so well with the others. *He's adoptable,
> for sure. *But seeing those pictures, I can understand that fostering
> is hard. *At least, the letting go part is hard!
>
> You sometimes seem to get entire litters that have those hilarious
> spots and dipstick tails. *Mary's Mimi had a litter of those, and
> Nancy's Flintstone series litter was like that too. *Here's a picture
> of Ernie:
>
> http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2534043410047371020HEfiAa

Our foster cat, Squeakers, was like that too. Except he has a blotch
on his back as well as a black tail and two blotched face.

Pam S.

Susan M[_3_]
February 18th 08, 04:36 PM
Outsider wrote:

> Everett would make a great criminal. If each eye-witness saw a different
> portion of him they would report:
>
> witness 1: He was an all white cat
>
> witness 2: No way! He was a tabby
>
> witness 3: You're both nuts! He was spotted.
>
> Detective: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Love it!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M[_3_]
February 18th 08, 04:38 PM
wrote:
> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html

Thank you Joyce and thank you Joyce's friend - the suspense was killing me!

Everett is adorable and very ridiculous looking - a very appealing cat :-)

And the rest of your crew are stunning as well, though I could barely
hold the withering glare from the bag ;-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

polonca12000
February 21st 08, 10:14 PM
wrote:
> A friend of mine came over *with her digital camera*, and took lots of
> kitty pictures. Most of them are of Everett, but there are a few
> incidental cats wandering through and getting into the act. Unfortunately
> Smudge was not available for this photo shoot.
>
> I scaled down the photos so they won't take forever to load, but I didn't
> have time to create thumbnails for every one of them. There are 24 photos
> in all. Apologies to those who have dialup connections. Hope it's still
> enjoyable!
>
> http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/everett/everett.html
>
> Joyce

Great pics!