PDA

View Full Version : Dad Update - Doing Well (OT)

jmcquown[_2_]
February 17th 08, 02:21 PM
Dad continues to improve (well, as much as a frail 83 year old with dementia
can). They moved him from ICU to a regular room yesterday morning. He's
eating well, although he did tell one of the nurses they should go to
McDonald's instead! LOL All the nurses seem to think he's cute. He
grumbled when they got him into the shower and washed his hair the day
before, but when the nurse told him how handsome he looked afterwards he
beamed. :)

I'll be working with the social worker again to get him moved back over to
Bayview when they're ready to discharge him. His day-nurse yesterday said
the social worker had come in briefly and didn't seem to think there would
be a problem with an available bed over there. So we'll try it again.

Jill

Annie W
February 18th 08, 04:25 AM
On Feb 17, 8:21*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Dad continues to improve (well, as much as a frail 83 year old with dementia
> can). *They moved him from ICU to a regular room yesterday morning. *He's
> eating well, although he did tell one of the nurses they should go to
> McDonald's instead! *LOL *All the nurses seem to think he's cute. *He
> grumbled when they got him into the shower and washed his hair the day
> before, but when the nurse told him how handsome he looked afterwards he
> beamed. :)
>
> I'll be working with the social worker again to get him moved back over to
> Bayview when they're ready to discharge him. *His day-nurse yesterday said
> the social worker had come in briefly and didn't seem to think there would
> be a problem with an available bed over there. *So we'll try it again.
>
> Jill

Hi Jill,
I hope all goes well with your parents, and hugs to you. Last Nov.,
my dad's wife put him in a place because he is too much for her. He
is 87 and has dementia and balance problems. She did put him in a
nice place and both my sisters have been to see him. Ironically, my
sisters and I think that he is better of at that place where he will
get regular meals and they can be sure he will get his medication and
someone will be there if he falls. But it's hard.
He is across the country from me, but I can talk to him on the phone.
He is a cat slave, and I've been thinking of getting him one of those
cats Julie sent to Pam, but I don't know it it would confuse him.
Annie