PDA

View Full Version : This "NG"

\STEELER\
February 18th 08, 08:21 PM
This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since I
have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days you
remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I think
of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my
chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and your
furballs!!

\STEELER\
February 18th 08, 08:39 PM
well I used to be called santasteeler for the reasons of being a steelers
fan and playing Santa every year. I come with my own white beard and I used
to be somewhat chunky. Doing Santa just got way too costly. I was big into
the American Idol ng but came here when catnipped told me about the ng.

"hopitus" > wrote in message
> On Feb 18, 1:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
>> just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since
>> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
>> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days
>> you
>> remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
>> think
>> of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my
>> chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and your
>> furballs!!
>
> Are you and Hemi in Pittsburgh?
> Or is that your nick for other reasons?

\STEELER\
February 18th 08, 08:53 PM
I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

"hopitus" > wrote in message
> On Feb 18, 1:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
>> just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since
>> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
>> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days
>> you
>> remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
>> think
>> of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my
>> chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and your
>> furballs!!
>
> Are you and Hemi in Pittsburgh?
> Or is that your nick for other reasons?

Adrian[_2_]
February 18th 08, 09:13 PM
"STEELER" wrote:
> I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

Beautiful cats.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Susan M[_3_]
February 18th 08, 09:27 PM
"STEELER" wrote:
> I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

Gorgeous cats - love Hemi's black face :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Outsider
February 18th 08, 10:00 PM
"\"STEELER\"" > wrote in
:

> I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg

There is a comment in the look but I am not quite sure what it is.

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

Hey! That is a girl cat!

They all look great. Your very lucky.

Andy

Jack Campin - bogus address
February 19th 08, 12:12 AM
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

She is so much like my Courtney! (named after Courtney Love and
has been doing her best to live up to it)..

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====

mlbriggs
February 19th 08, 01:02 AM
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:53:35 -0500, "STEELER" wrote:

> I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg
>

> "hopitus" > wrote in message
>> On Feb 18, 1:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh
>>> or just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears.
>>> Since I
>>> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
>>> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many
>>> days you
>>> remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
>>> think
>>> of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of
>>> my chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and
>>> your furballs!!
>>
>> Are you and Hemi in Pittsburgh?
>> Or is that your nick for other reasons?

Thanks for the pictures of your lovely friends. They gave me a trip down
memory lane because they all reminded me of an old friend now long gone.
Best wishes. MLB

Gandalf
February 19th 08, 04:01 AM
wrote:

>I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
>http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
>

>http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
>

>http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
>

>http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg
>

>"hopitus" > wrote in message
>> On Feb 18, 1:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
>>> just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since
>>> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
>>> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days
>>> you
>>> remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
>>> think
>>> of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my
>>> chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and your
>>> furballs!!
>>
>> Are you and Hemi in Pittsburgh?
>> Or is that your nick for other reasons?

Beautiful kitties! I love the black tosies on Alice Cooper's white paw!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Spaying is too little, too late.
February 19th 08, 06:35 AM
On Feb 18, 2:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
> just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since I
> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days you
> remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I think
> of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my
> chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and your
> furballs!!

Cats suck.

jmcquown[_2_]
February 19th 08, 11:27 AM
"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Spaying is too little, too late. wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 2:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and
>>> laugh or just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to
>>> tears. Since I have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate
>>> little balls of fur I understand the, the laughter, and the
>>> heartache. There are so many days you remember those you have lost
>>> and tear will run down your face then I think of the morning when I
>>> open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my chest. Thanks to
>>> all of you being here and may God bless you and your furballs!!
>>
>> Cats suck.
>
> Anybody have a recipe to share for the troll?
>
> kili

My recipes are on my PC in Tennessee! I'll post this link instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFc6o2m9mMQ

Gordon Ramsay, broccoli soup. Yum!

Jill

jmcquown[_2_]
February 19th 08, 11:31 AM
""STEELER"" > wrote in message
> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
> just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since I
> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days
> you remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
> think of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle
> of my chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and
> your furballs!!

I totally agree with you about this ng. The people here are really great
(and so are the cats!). Unlike some ngs, people here actually CARE about
each other. It's a rarity.

Jill

Granby
February 19th 08, 12:45 PM
Naw, if you feed them, they might multiply. Pretty much ignore and they
leave the genepool.
"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Spaying is too little, too late. wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 2:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and
>>> laugh or just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to
>>> tears. Since I have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate
>>> little balls of fur I understand the, the laughter, and the
>>> heartache. There are so many days you remember those you have lost
>>> and tear will run down your face then I think of the morning when I
>>> open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my chest. Thanks to
>>> all of you being here and may God bless you and your furballs!!
>>
>> Cats suck.
>
> Anybody have a recipe to share for the troll?
>
> kili

john sumner[_6_]
February 19th 08, 04:59 PM
"Spaying is too little, too late." > wrote
in
:

> On Feb 18, 2:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh
>> or just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears.
>> Since I have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little
>> balls of fur I understand the, the laughter, and the heartache.
>> There are so many days you remember those you have lost and tear will
>> run down your face then I think of the morning when I open my eyes
>> and my Hemi lands in the middle of my chest. Thanks to all of you
>> being here and may God bless you and your furballs!!
>
> Cats suck.

This is why i i should put google groupers in my kill file
people please use something else

Granby
February 19th 08, 06:26 PM
There just are people out there who lack a soul. They can be mean and
vindictive. I guess because we are all angels, there has to be little
devils somewhere.
"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Granby wrote:
>> Naw, if you feed them, they might multiply. Pretty much ignore and
>> they leave the genepool.
>
> That was a great response, actually. :~)
>
> kili

Spaying is too little, too late.
February 19th 08, 06:51 PM
On Feb 19, 5:31 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> ""STEELER"" > wrote in message

> > This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
> > just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since I
> > have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
> > understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days
> > you remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
> > think of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle
> > of my chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and
> > your furballs!!
>
> I totally agree with you about this ng. The people here are really great
> (and so are the cats!). Unlike some ngs, people here actually CARE about
> each other. It's a rarity.
>
> Jill

Yeah, but cat owners hate everyone else. Especially decent considerate
people. I would have ignored this group had one of you not cross-
posted all over usenet.

Spaying is too little, too late.
February 19th 08, 06:52 PM
On Feb 19, 12:26 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> There just are people out there who lack a soul. They can be mean and
> vindictive. I guess because we are all angels, there has to be little
> devils somewhere."kilikini" > wrote in message

> > Granby wrote:
> >> Naw, if you feed them, they might multiply. Pretty much ignore and
> >> they leave the genepool.
>
> > That was a great response, actually. :~)
>
> > kili

Where is this "soul" when your cats are killing my birds? Keep your
cats at home and none of us will bother you. Simple.

Granby
February 19th 08, 06:57 PM
Trolls steal ideates and do this all over the net but you would have to be
at least as smart as a troll to know that!

*PLONK*
"Spaying is too little, too late." > wrote in
message
> On Feb 19, 5:31 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> ""STEELER"" > wrote in message

>> > This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh
>> > or
>> > just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears.
>> > Since I
>> > have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
>> > understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many
>> > days
>> > you remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then
>> > think of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the
>> > middle
>> > of my chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and
>> > your furballs!!
>>
>> I totally agree with you about this ng. The people here are really great
>> (and so are the cats!). Unlike some ngs, people here actually CARE about
>> each other. It's a rarity.
>>
>> Jill
>
> Yeah, but cat owners hate everyone else. Especially decent considerate
> people. I would have ignored this group had one of you not cross-
> posted all over usenet.

jofirey
February 19th 08, 07:03 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Spaying is too little, too late. wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 2:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>>> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and
>>> laugh or just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to
>>> tears. Since I have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate
>>> little balls of fur I understand the, the laughter, and the
>>> heartache. There are so many days you remember those you have lost
>>> and tear will run down your face then I think of the morning when I
>>> open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my chest. Thanks to
>>> all of you being here and may God bless you and your furballs!!
>>
>> Cats suck.
>
> Anybody have a recipe to share for the troll?
>
> kili

Well, we are cooling something slimy later today. (Grandson finally caught
a fish worthy of cleaning and cooking)

I'm planning of dredging it in cornmeal and frying it in hot oil.

That should work.

Jo

February 19th 08, 07:50 PM
"\"STEELER\"" > wrote:

> I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

They all look very sweet! Alice Cooper is very pretty.

Joyce

> "hopitus" > wrote in message
> > On Feb 18, 1:21 pm, "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
> >> This newsgroup has it all. So many times you just sit back and laugh or
> >> just giggle. Then the same day a thread will bring you to tears. Since
> >> have been a slave all my life to over 25 separate little balls of fur I
> >> understand the, the laughter, and the heartache. There are so many days
> >> you
> >> remember those you have lost and tear will run down your face then I
> >> think
> >> of the morning when I open my eyes and my Hemi lands in the middle of my
> >> chest. Thanks to all of you being here and may God bless you and your
> >> furballs!!
> >
> > Are you and Hemi in Pittsburgh?
> > Or is that your nick for other reasons?

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

February 19th 08, 07:52 PM
wrote:

> "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:

> > I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.

> > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
> > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
> > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
> > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

> They all look very sweet! Alice Cooper is very pretty.

I also meant to say that Molly has the most *square* muzzle I've ever
seen on a cat. Is she looking at prey?

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

\STEELER\
February 19th 08, 09:17 PM
not unless I am the prey!!

> wrote in message
> wrote:
>
> > "\"STEELER\"" > wrote:
>
> > > I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
> > > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
> > > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
> > > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
> > > http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg
>
> > They all look very sweet! Alice Cooper is very pretty.
>
> I also meant to say that Molly has the most *square* muzzle I've ever
> seen on a cat. Is she looking at prey?
>
> Joyce
> --
> To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

February 19th 08, 09:26 PM
"\"STEELER\"" > wrote:

>> I also meant to say that Molly has the most *square* muzzle I've ever
>> seen on a cat. Is she looking at prey?

> not unless I am the prey!!

Be afraid...

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Granby
February 21st 08, 05:39 PM
Well, I have always heard a positive attitude helps in most things.
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "hopitus" > wrote in message

>>> Ho! where the ho I need a ho! Ohh you mean Ho Ho Ho not the other
>>> sorry
>>> dirty old man moment ;-)
>>>
>>> I was going to mention the candy cane but I was trying to keep my dirty
>>> thought to myself :^)
>>>
>>> the moon turns red you did not miss much just watch the lord of the
>>> rings
>>> trilogy to see the moon turn red all you want. Now if it was something
>>> like
>>> Haley's comet which I hope to see again but will be to old to even think
>>> about it than you missed something
>>
>> Wanna hear something pathetic? (OT)
>> I believe it was1986 when Halleys streaked by our planet; I'd been
>> looking forward
>> to seeing it for a as you say once-in-a-lifetime-thrill....had not
>> been living in Bay
>> Area, CA but a few years...as I said in this thread, most astrological
>> sights of
>> the night easily and very watchable in south FL....I assume also east
>> coast in
>> general. Well, we went up to a small mountain top in San Jose area,
>> with
>> several hot pizzas and binoculars. That particular shortish
>> mountaintop had no
>> trees, just a road winding through. On the east coast, Halleys showed
>> its
>> beautiful long bright "tail" in all its glory, but where we were it
>> was viewed
>> *head-on" - IOW coming right at us! If you kow what the Pleades (seven
>> sisters)
>> constellation is, that is what it looked *exactly* like!What a bummer.
>> A cop
>> came by while we were eating our pizzas in frustration and asked what
>> the
>> h*** we were doing up there. We told him and gave him some pizza. So
>> you see, I *did* miss out on seeing Halleys (from the side, like any
>> decent
>> comet, much less the "biggie", should be seen!
>
> 2061 it will be back stick around I am going to try and do it I will be
> in a wheel chair with life support connected hopefully with a master in my
> lap watching also
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haleys_comet

tanadashoes
February 22nd 08, 08:26 PM
On Feb 21, 12:07*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "hopitus" > wrote in message

> >> Ho! *where the ho I need a ho! *Ohh *you mean Ho Ho Ho *not the other
> >> sorry
> >> dirty old man moment ;-)
>
> >> I was going to mention the candy cane but I was trying to keep my dirty
> >> thought to myself :^)
>
> >> the moon turns red *you did not miss much *just watch the lord of the
> >> rings
> >> trilogy to see the moon turn red all you want. *Now if it was something
> >> like
> >> Haley's comet which I hope to see again but will be to old to even think
> >> about it than you missed something
>
> > Wanna hear something pathetic? (OT)
> > I believe it was1986 when Halleys streaked by our planet; I'd been
> > looking forward
> > to seeing it for a as you say once-in-a-lifetime-thrill....had not
> > been living in Bay
> > Area, CA but a few years...as I said in this thread, most astrological
> > sights of
> > the night easily and very watchable in south FL....I assume also east
> > coast in
> > general. Well, we went up to a small mountain top in San Jose area,
> > with
> > several hot pizzas and binoculars. That particular shortish
> > mountaintop had no
> > trees, just a road winding through. On the east coast, Halleys showed
> > its
> > beautiful long bright "tail" in all its glory, but where we were it
> > was viewed
> > *head-on" - IOW coming right at us! If you kow what the Pleades (seven
> > sisters)
> > constellation is, that is what it looked *exactly* like!What a bummer.
> > A cop
> > came by while we were eating our pizzas in frustration and asked what
> > the
> > h*** we were doing up there. We told him and gave him some pizza. So
> > you see, I *did* miss out on seeing Halleys (from the side, like any
> > decent
> > comet, much less the "biggie", should be seen!
>
> 2061 it will be back *stick around *I am going to try and do it *I will be
> in a wheel chair with life support connected hopefully with a master in my
> lap watching also
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haleys_comet- Hide quoted text -

I may be back in my next life.

Pam S>

polonca12000
February 23rd 08, 07:56 PM
"STEELER" wrote:
> I have Hemi, Molly, Squeaky, and Alice Cooper. here are their pics.
>
> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/molly.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/hemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/mewithsqueakyhemi.jpg
>

> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/hemi16/alicecooper.jpg

They are adorable!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Lesley
February 23rd 08, 07:59 PM
On Feb 19, 3:31*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> I totally agree with you about this ng. *The people here are really great
> (and so are the cats!). *Unlike some ngs, people here actually CARE about
> each other. *It's a rarity.

I agree with you Jill. People on this ng did major work on keeping me
sane with all the problems I've had over the last few years whether it
be purring for me to get a new job, telling me where to get a door
wedge, making sure when Dave was in hospital that I had someone to
talk to (I adore and worhip my girls but they aren't brilliant in the
practical help department), advised me on rehousing.

Then we did what we could for Charleen's Four and Ginger Lynn's vet
bills and all sorts of things

To quote Sister Sledge ""We are family"

Lesley

slave of the Fabulous Furballs