PDA

View Full Version : This car is staying HERE

Mark Edwards
February 19th 08, 04:12 PM
I was getting ready to leave for work this morning - unlocking the car,
putting my stuff inside and so on.

Blacky and Miss Emily were vying foe attention. Miss Emily was mrrrping,
standing on her hind legs, and rolling over for tummy rubs. Blacky was
rubbing against my legs. Little Boy was running around, looking for all the
world like a grey, striped, short-eared bunny rabbit.

I closed the passenger door, and was heading to the driver's side, when
Blacky and Miss Emily both jumped on the hood and laid down, purring at me.

They obviously intended to keep me there until they got their attention.

I petted and skritched all comers, then put them on the sidewalk with
admonitions to stay away from the car so they wouldn't get "runned over."

They let me leave. This time.

I hope this doesn't become a ritual, although it's not a bad one. I think
I saw a wistful raccoon face peering out of thw holly bushes at us...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

jofirey
February 19th 08, 06:53 PM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> I was getting ready to leave for work this morning - unlocking the car,
> putting my stuff inside and so on.
>
> Blacky and Miss Emily were vying foe attention. Miss Emily was mrrrping,
> standing on her hind legs, and rolling over for tummy rubs. Blacky was
> rubbing against my legs. Little Boy was running around, looking for all
> the
> world like a grey, striped, short-eared bunny rabbit.
>
> I closed the passenger door, and was heading to the driver's side, when
> Blacky and Miss Emily both jumped on the hood and laid down, purring at
> me.
>
> They obviously intended to keep me there until they got their attention.
>
> I petted and skritched all comers, then put them on the sidewalk with
> admonitions to stay away from the car so they wouldn't get "runned over."
>
> They let me leave. This time.
>
> I hope this doesn't become a ritual, although it's not a bad one. I think
> I saw a wistful raccoon face peering out of thw holly bushes at us...

Jake does this. Only he gets on the roof of my Jeep where I can't reach him
and won't get down when I need to leave. "b" cat!

Jo

Granby
February 19th 08, 11:38 PM
I know you meant that as a joke since we all KNOW the answer!!!
"Charleen Welton" > wrote in message
> Who is in charge there, hmmm?
> --
> Charleen
> Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro
> The Spirit of Mr. Pumpkin
> St. Cloud, Florida USA
>

> "Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
>>
>> I was getting ready to leave for work this morning - unlocking the car,
>> putting my stuff inside and so on.
>>
>> Blacky and Miss Emily were vying foe attention. Miss Emily was mrrrping,
>> standing on her hind legs, and rolling over for tummy rubs. Blacky was
>> rubbing against my legs. Little Boy was running around, looking for all
>> the
>> world like a grey, striped, short-eared bunny rabbit.
>>
>> I closed the passenger door, and was heading to the driver's side, when
>> Blacky and Miss Emily both jumped on the hood and laid down, purring at
>> me.
>>
>> They obviously intended to keep me there until they got their attention.
>>
>> I petted and skritched all comers, then put them on the sidewalk with
>> admonitions to stay away from the car so they wouldn't get "runned over."
>>
>> They let me leave. This time.
>>
>> I hope this doesn't become a ritual, although it's not a bad one. I think
>> I saw a wistful raccoon face peering out of thw holly bushes at us...
>>

>> Hugs and Purrs,
>> Mark
>> --
>> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Mark Edwards
February 20th 08, 01:03 AM
No cluons were harmed when Charleen Welton wrote:
>Who is in charge there, hmmm?

If you think it's anybody but the cats, guess again (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request