PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific Northwest according to Jeff Foxworthy

tanadashoes
February 21st 08, 01:28 AM
My MIL sent this to us. It doesn't fit the eastern part of the
northwest, but is still a giggle

The Pacific Northwest According To Jeff Foxworthy:

1. You know the state flower (Mildew).

2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.

3. Use the statement 'sun break' and know what it means.

4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.

5 You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.

6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant or to
church.

7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the 'WALK'
Signal.

8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted,
it's
Not a real mountain.

9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and
Veneto's.

10 . You know the differ ence between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye
salmon.

11. You know how to pronoun ce Sequim, Puyallup, Haceta, Yaquina,
Yachats, Issaquah, Oregon, Yakima and Willamette.

12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.

13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai
food.

14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark
While only working eight-hour days.

15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.

16. You are not fazed by ' Today's forecast: showers followed by
rain,'
And 'Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers.'

17.You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.

18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of
Mind.

19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see
Through the cloud cover.

20. You notice, 'The mountain is out' when it is a pretty day and you
Can actually see i t.

21. You p u t on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but
still
Wear your hi king boots and parka.

22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the
socks
On.

23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.

24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.

25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the
old
Ones after such a long time.

26. You measure distance in hours.

27. You often switch from 'heat' to 'a/c' in the same day.

28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.

29. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, winter, Still
Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer), Deer & Elk season
(Fall).

30. You understood these jokes and will probably forward them

Kreisleriana[_3_]
February 21st 08, 03:22 AM
"tanadashoes" > wrote in message
> My MIL sent this to us. It doesn't fit the eastern part of the
> northwest, but is still a giggle
>
> The Pacific Northwest According To Jeff Foxworthy:
>
> 1. You know the state flower (Mildew).
>
> 2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
>
> 3. Use the statement 'sun break' and know what it means.
>
> 4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
>
> 5 You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
>
> 6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant or to
> church.
>
> 7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the 'WALK'
> Signal.
>
> 8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted,
> it's
> Not a real mountain.
>
> 9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and
> Veneto's.
>
> 10 . You know the differ ence between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye
> salmon.
>
> 11. You know how to pronoun ce Sequim, Puyallup, Haceta, Yaquina,
> Yachats, Issaquah, Oregon, Yakima and Willamette.
>
> 12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
>
> 13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai
> food.
>
> 14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark
> While only working eight-hour days.
>
> 15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
>
> 16. You are not fazed by ' Today's forecast: showers followed by
> rain,'
> And 'Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers.'
>
> 17.You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
>
> 18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of
> Mind.
>
> 19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see
> Through the cloud cover.
>
> 20. You notice, 'The mountain is out' when it is a pretty day and you
> Can actually see i t.
>
> 21. You p u t on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but
> still
> Wear your hi king boots and parka.
>
> 22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the
> socks
> On.
>
> 23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
>

> 24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
>
> 25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the
> old
> Ones after such a long time.
>
> 26. You measure distance in hours.
>
> 27. You often switch from 'heat' to 'a/c' in the same day.
>
> 28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
>
> 29. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, winter, Still
> Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer), Deer & Elk season
> (Fall).
>
> 30. You understood these jokes and will probably forward them

I LOL'd. I haven't been back in a few years, but I remember the Seattle
Rain Festival, January 1- December 31, Puget Sound Octopus Wrestling, and
looking to "see if the mountain is out." ;)

Victor Martinez
February 21st 08, 03:23 AM
tanadashoes wrote:
> 2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.

Guilty.

> 6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant or to
> church.

I feel overdressed wearing a suit, period! :)

> 13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai
> food.

Most definitely!

> 15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.

I don't go camping. :)

> 16. You are not fazed by ' Today's forecast: showers followed by
> rain,' And 'Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers.'

I wish we had those forecasts around here...

> 27. You often switch from 'heat' to 'a/c' in the same day.

It happens in our 3 weeks of spring...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Sam
February 21st 08, 04:04 AM
tanadashoes wrote:
> My MIL sent this to us. It doesn't fit the eastern part of the
> northwest, but is still a giggle
>
> The Pacific Northwest According To Jeff Foxworthy:
>
> 1. You know the state flower (Mildew).
>
> 2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
>
> 3. Use the statement 'sun break' and know what it means.
>
> 4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
>
> 5 You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
>
> 6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant or to
> church.
>
> 7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the 'WALK'
> Signal.
>
> 8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted,
> it's
> Not a real mountain.
>
> 9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and
> Veneto's.
>
> 10 . You know the differ ence between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye
> salmon.
>
> 11. You know how to pronoun ce Sequim, Puyallup, Haceta, Yaquina,
> Yachats, Issaquah, Oregon, Yakima and Willamette.
>
> 12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
>
> 13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai
> food.
>
> 14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark
> While only working eight-hour days.
>
> 15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
>
> 16. You are not fazed by ' Today's forecast: showers followed by
> rain,'
> And 'Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers.'
>
> 17.You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
>
> 18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of
> Mind.
>
> 19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see
> Through the cloud cover.
>
> 20. You notice, 'The mountain is out' when it is a pretty day and you
> Can actually see i t.
>
> 21. You p u t on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but
> still
> Wear your hi king boots and parka.
>
> 22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the
> socks
> On.
>
> 23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
>

> 24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
>
> 25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the
> old
> Ones after such a long time.
>
> 26. You measure distance in hours.
>
> 27. You often switch from 'heat' to 'a/c' in the same day.
>
> 28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
>
> 29. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, winter, Still
> Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer), Deer & Elk season
> (Fall).
>
> 30. You understood these jokes and will probably forward them

Yup, on most of them.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

Shel-hed[_2_]
February 21st 08, 06:13 AM
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:28:19 -0800 (PST), tanadashoes >
wrote:

>22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks on.

Yup. :-)

I'm near Vancouver BC. Most of the Seattle comments apply to us too.

I don't know what people have against socks and sandals. We need to air our
feet out a bit without chilling them !

Granby
February 21st 08, 06:25 AM
Socks and sandals are frowned on where I live. This is mainly because at the
rest area where I work, the tour buses go through. Nothing attractive about
a 60+ guy wearing black knee length socks, sandals and shorts. At least
that is what the ladies who work there say. I never get close enough to
these people to check that out.
"Shel-hed" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:28:19 -0800 (PST), tanadashoes
> >
> wrote:
>
>>22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks
>>on.
>
> Yup. :-)
>
> I'm near Vancouver BC. Most of the Seattle comments apply to us too.
>
> I don't know what people have against socks and sandals. We need to air
> our
> feet out a bit without chilling them !

February 21st 08, 07:26 AM
"tanadashoes" > wrote:

> 7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the 'WALK'
> Signal.

This is so true. The first time I ever visited Seattle, back in 1973,
my friend and I were both astonished to see people standing politely
at a corner, waiting for the "walk" light. Remember, I'm from Boston.
Nobody obeys traffic rules there, least of all pedestrians. So it looked
pretty weird to us.

> 13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai
> food.

Well, sheesh. Can't everyone?

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

jofirey
February 21st 08, 06:35 PM
"Shel-hed" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:28:19 -0800 (PST), tanadashoes
> >
> wrote:
>
>>22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks
>>on.
>
> Yup. :-)
>
> I'm near Vancouver BC. Most of the Seattle comments apply to us too.
>
> I don't know what people have against socks and sandals. We need to air
> our
> feet out a bit without chilling them !

It depends a lot on the socks. And lets face it, most anyone who would wear
socks with sandals isn't all that particular about how the socks look.

Including myself here. I really hate to wear any shoe but a Birk, and
sometimes it just gets cold. Once in a while I forget and leave the house
with Birks and socks.

Jo

Phoenix
February 21st 08, 07:48 PM
jofirey wrote:
> Once in a while I forget and leave the house
> with Birks and socks.

And there's a problem with this...because?

Deborah
rural northern Willamette Valley (and yes, I know how to pronounce ALL
of those place names, along with Skookumchuk, Mukilteo, and Snohomish <g>)
Slave to the Gang of Eight

February 21st 08, 07:53 PM
Phoenix > wrote:

> jofirey wrote:

>> Once in a while I forget and leave the house
>> with Birks and socks.

> And there's a problem with this...because?

LOL, my thoughts exactly!

Actually, I don't wear sandals with socks because it feels like my
feet aren't secure in them - they tend to slip around. I guess Birks
would be different, I think they have more friction inside them,
don't they? I've never worn them so I'm not sure. But in any case,
it's not a fashion decision!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Granby
February 21st 08, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a sneezing fit here in Illinois!
"Phoenix" > wrote in message
> jofirey wrote:
>> Once in a while I forget and leave the house with Birks and socks.
>
> And there's a problem with this...because?
>
> Deborah
> rural northern Willamette Valley (and yes, I know how to pronounce ALL of
> those place names, along with Skookumchuk, Mukilteo, and Snohomish <g>)
> Slave to the Gang of Eight

Kyla =^..^=
February 23rd 08, 05:56 AM
"Shel-hed" > On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:28:19 -0800 (PST), tanadashoes <
> wrote:
>
>>22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks
>>on.
>
> Yup. :-)
>
> I'm near Vancouver BC. Most of the Seattle comments apply to us too.

LOL

> I don't know what people have against socks and sandals. We need to air
> our feet out a bit without chilling them !

I wear sox and sandles...nuttin wrong wit dat!
Kyla
--from South of Seattle

Kyla =^..^=
February 23rd 08, 05:57 AM
LOL
Kyla

"Granby"
> Socks and sandals are frowned on where I live. This is mainly because at
> the rest area where I work, the tour buses go through. Nothing attractive
> about a 60+ guy wearing black knee length socks, sandals and shorts. At
> least that is what the ladies who work there say. I never get close
> enough to these people to check that out.
> "Shel-hed" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:28:19 -0800 (PST), tanadashoes
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks
>>>on.
>>
>> Yup. :-)
>>
>> I'm near Vancouver BC. Most of the Seattle comments apply to us too.
>>
>> I don't know what people have against socks and sandals. We need to air
>> our
>> feet out a bit without chilling them !

Kyla =^..^=
February 25th 08, 09:25 PM
I'm also like to add that I'm not into Redneck Humor.