PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Please go to Animal Rescue Site to provide free food for animals

MaryL
January 23rd 09, 06:55 PM
I received a reminder in email today to go to the Animal Rescue Site and
click on the purple box to provide free food for animals. I have checked
this out on snopes.com. Most of these messages that claim to donate money
or supplies are hoaxes, but this one is legitimate. Sponsors view this as a
form of advertising or public relations.

Here's the process--it's really very simple. The Animal Rescue Site is
having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their
quota of getting free food donated every day to abused and neglected pets.
It takes less than a minute (more like 20 seconds) to go to their site and
click on the purple box "fund food for animals" for free. This doesn't cost
you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily
visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for
advertising. Here's the web site! Please go to the site and click on it, and
also pass this information along to people you know.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Thanks,

MaryL

January 24th 09, 01:52 AM
> also pass this information along to people you know.> MaryL

I will pass this on: There are two shelters local to me that accept
donations of goods, food, cash or labor. I can actually *SEE* what
they do with it. Those of you with similar opportunities, please make
use of them. Otherwise, stay FAR, FAR away from internet scams and
pleas. And before you give to any so-called 'charity', demand that the
recipient organization give you the precise breakdown of how much of
your contribution goes to direct service, and how much to the
fundraiser.

Some fundraisers get as much as 92% of what is collected. Some are
100% scams.

And, if 100% of your contribution is not tax-deductible, RUN, don't
walk away.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

cshenk
January 24th 09, 01:59 AM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message >

> you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily
> visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for
> advertising. Here's the web site! Please go to the site and click on it,
> and also pass this information along to people you know.
> www.theanimalrescuesite.com

No thanks. Gimicks like that are useless. I simply donate real money and
they appreciate that much more. Further more, its far too easy to make up a
page like that and be a hoax.

Candace
January 24th 09, 05:42 AM
On Jan 23, 6:59*pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message >
> > you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily
> > visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for
> > advertising. Here's the web site! Please go to the site and click on it,
> > and also pass this information along to people you know.
> >www.theanimalrescuesite.com
>
> No thanks. *Gimicks like that are useless. *I simply donate real money and
> they appreciate that much more. *Further more, its far too easy to make up a
> page like that and be a hoax.

Actually, it's not useless and it's so simple to do. I do it every
few days--just because I forget to do it daily. It's legit and it
works and it's very simple. Check out snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/animalrescue.asp

Candace

Linda Boucher
January 25th 09, 12:39 PM
I have been clicking on this wed site everyday
for years now i never buy anything from them
i just click to help the animals...all it takes is a minute of my time