PDA

View Full Version : Cutest Cat Name?

LauraM[_2_]
January 30th 09, 01:45 AM
I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??

sudee
January 30th 09, 03:46 AM
On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, LauraM > wrote:
> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. *My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

Well, my sister had a cat with large eyes named Peepers. She now has
one with one ear named Van Gogh and named the sister Monet. I know a
guy with a Picasso. I got a cat from my sister who works for our
accountant. It was a stray that showed up during tax season, so of
course her name was Taxes. She was pregnant and had two babies. One we
named IRA and one was a tabby that we named TAB-A, as in sign on TabA
or Tab-A-cat. She ended up being called "boo" as she tended to be a
bit high strung. We now have two siblings, named blueberry and
cobbler. We got them from a gal who used to pick blueberries from our
bushes. DH said all he wanted in return was a blueberry cobbler, which
she never made for him. So when we got the cats that was to be their
names. The siamese is blueberry or as we call him Blue. and the calico
is Cobbler or Cobbie. I also had a cat years (and I do mean years) ago
named Logenberry for that good old cheap wine I drank. Called her
loggie. She lived for 17 years so it got a tad embarrassing. We had an
orange tabby we named Mr. Mason (called Mason) after a teacher I got
him from in high school.

We also had a stray we gave to my sister that was a tinny little thing
we called knee high to a grasshopper so she was always called "nee".

Our only grandchildren so far are named Hanalei and Napali from the
trip the kids took on their honeymoon two sweet little girl tabbies.
However, we lost Hana this past week. We just have Pali now.

I love to hear about names for kitties and the stories behind them.
Taxes was so sweet. Whenever her kittens got in trouble DH would say
to her, you need to teach them manners. She acted like she understood.
Whenever our son was home sick I would say, you have to take care of
Cody today and she would go lie in bed with him. She adored him and
was really his kitty. She hated it when he went off to college.

I love the name Hobbes. Any story behind the name?

Sue - Firefighter mom! Crazy about cats even though I'm allergic to
them! :)

LauraM[_2_]
January 30th 09, 04:05 AM
On Jan 29, 7:46*pm, sudee > wrote:
> On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, LauraM > wrote:
>
> > I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> > you've ever heard. *My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> > I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> > Hobbes of course).
>
> > How about you??
>
> Well, my sister had a cat with large eyes named Peepers. She now has
> one with one ear named Van Gogh and named the sister Monet. I know a
> guy with a Picasso. I got a cat from my sister who works for our
> accountant. It was a stray that showed up during tax season, so of
> course her name was Taxes. She was pregnant and had two babies. One we
> named IRA and one was a tabby that we named TAB-A, as in sign on TabA
> or Tab-A-cat. She ended up being called "boo" as she tended to be a
> bit high strung. We now have two siblings, named blueberry and
> cobbler. We got them from a gal who used to pick blueberries from our
> bushes. DH said all he wanted in return was a blueberry cobbler, which
> she never made for him. So when we got the cats that was to be their
> names. The siamese is blueberry or as we call him Blue. and the calico
> is Cobbler or Cobbie. I also had a cat years (and I do mean years) ago
> named Logenberry for that good old cheap wine I drank. Called her
> loggie. She lived for 17 years so it got a tad embarrassing. We had an
> orange tabby we named Mr. Mason (called Mason) after a teacher I got
> him from in high school.
>
> We also had a stray we gave to my sister that was a tinny little thing
> we called knee high to a grasshopper so she was always called "nee".
>
> Our only grandchildren so far are named Hanalei and Napali from the
> trip the kids took on their honeymoon two sweet little girl tabbies.
> However, we lost Hana this past week. We just have Pali now.
>
> I love to hear about names for kitties and the stories behind them.
> Taxes was so sweet. Whenever her kittens got in trouble DH would say
> to her, you need to teach them manners. She acted like she understood.
> Whenever our son was home sick I would say, you have to take care of
> Cody today and she would go lie in bed with him. She adored him and
> was really his kitty. She hated it when he went off to college.
>
> I love the name Hobbes. Any story behind the name?
>
> Sue - Firefighter mom! Crazy about cats even though I'm allergic to
> them! :)

I used to like the comic strip, Calvin & Hobbes. When I got him, he
had a sister, so I couldn't name her Calvin. But I still really liked
Hobbes, so Hobbes it was! Hobbes is an orange Maine Coon. I've often
thought Neelix would've been a good name....that's a character from
Star Trek: Voyager. Neelix had those orange cat colors.

The first cat I ever had was named Pandora because she was always
getting into things. You know, Pandora's Box? Then I had Tabitha,
then Keoki, then Emma & Hobbes.

sudee
January 30th 09, 05:40 AM
On Jan 29, 8:05*pm, LauraM > wrote:
> On Jan 29, 7:46*pm, sudee > wrote:
>

> > On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, LauraM > wrote:
>
> > > I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> > > you've ever heard. *My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> > > I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> > > Hobbes of course).
>
> > > How about you??
>
> > Well, my sister had a cat with large eyes named Peepers. She now has
> > one with one ear named Van Gogh and named the sister Monet. I know a
> > guy with a Picasso. I got a cat from my sister who works for our
> > accountant. It was a stray that showed up during tax season, so of
> > course her name was Taxes. She was pregnant and had two babies. One we
> > named IRA and one was a tabby that we named TAB-A, as in sign on TabA
> > or Tab-A-cat. She ended up being called "boo" as she tended to be a
> > bit high strung. We now have two siblings, named blueberry and
> > cobbler. We got them from a gal who used to pick blueberries from our
> > bushes. DH said all he wanted in return was a blueberry cobbler, which
> > she never made for him. So when we got the cats that was to be their
> > names. The siamese is blueberry or as we call him Blue. and the calico
> > is Cobbler or Cobbie. I also had a cat years (and I do mean years) ago
> > named Logenberry for that good old cheap wine I drank. Called her
> > loggie. She lived for 17 years so it got a tad embarrassing. We had an
> > orange tabby we named Mr. Mason (called Mason) after a teacher I got
> > him from in high school.
>
> > We also had a stray we gave to my sister that was a tinny little thing
> > we called knee high to a grasshopper so she was always called "nee".
>
> > Our only grandchildren so far are named Hanalei and Napali from the
> > trip the kids took on their honeymoon two sweet little girl tabbies.
> > However, we lost Hana this past week. We just have Pali now.
>
> > I love to hear about names for kitties and the stories behind them.
> > Taxes was so sweet. Whenever her kittens got in trouble DH would say
> > to her, you need to teach them manners. She acted like she understood.
> > Whenever our son was home sick I would say, you have to take care of
> > Cody today and she would go lie in bed with him. She adored him and
> > was really his kitty. She hated it when he went off to college.
>
> > I love the name Hobbes. Any story behind the name?
>
> > Sue - Firefighter mom! Crazy about cats even though I'm allergic to
> > them! :)
>
> I used to like the comic strip, Calvin & Hobbes. *When I got him, he
> had a sister, so I couldn't name her Calvin. *But I still really liked
> Hobbes, so Hobbes it was! *Hobbes is an orange Maine Coon. *I've often
> thought Neelix would've been a good name....that's a character from
> Star Trek: Voyager. *Neelix had those orange cat colors.
>
> The first cat I ever had was named Pandora because she was always
> getting into things. *You know, Pandora's Box? *Then I had Tabitha,
> then Keoki, then Emma & Hobbes.

Cute. I love Emma! Definitely love the Pandora, how appropriate! :)

Sue - Firefighter's mom!

dgk
January 30th 09, 12:32 PM
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:45:20 -0800 (PST), LauraM
> wrote:

>I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
>you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
>I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
>Hobbes of course).
>
>How about you??

I always liked Espy. He's salt and pepper color, so S&P became Espy.
Every year he gets an ESPY award (if you're not a sports fan, those
are sort of the Oscar for sports).

cybercat
January 30th 09, 01:00 PM
"LauraM" > wrote in message
>I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

Richard, with Bob a close second. :)

cshenk
January 30th 09, 01:30 PM
"LauraM" wrote

>I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name

Lets see:

Bobby, adopted pre-weened but I didnt know that, hit by a car. Turned out
to be 1/2 bobcat, 1/2 tabby (not all that uncommon for that part of Texas).
Vet had a belly laugh when he found out I didnt know as I'd named him Bobby.
Lived to be 18? Found him a new home when he was 3 on a farm and got cards
every Xmas.

Vamp (Vamp-kitty): feral, had these incisors that hung *way* down. Almost
looked like a housecat version of a sabertooth tiger. Wandered off one day
and never knew his age. Outdoor fellow. Bobby would stand back and let him
eat from his bowl.

Acid Kitty: Cat acted like he was on acid. I mean he'd be sound asleep
then wake and attack the stove. Roomates cat.

Perky: Used to run to the kitchen when the coffee maker was turned on.
Also a roomates kitty.

Mr Roscoe Fuji (Roscoe), himalayan. (purebreed but free to a good home,
genetic issues but a reputable breeder who didnt want to put him to sleep
but let him live as long as he could in a happy home. Looked like a
miniature show breed level, estimated 5 year lifespan, lived to be 14).

Face, (just had one of those faces!), 'American black longhair'. Also
perfect specimin of the 'American Black Beauty' the pedigree folks were
trying to kick off. Got lots of offers but no, she was a pet not to be
subjected to that. Lived to be 13.

Thom, not a spectacular name. Just a grey tabby. Really cool dude. Had a
waiting list within 6 hours of posting his history and a pic at the local
no-kill place. This is the big one that sat on Roscoe.

Babe, also called Elsie. The other declawed cat. Looked like a big
shouldered baseball player and with markings just like a jersey cow. Didnt
integrate into a 4 cat home even when 1 of them (Thom) was raised with her.
Wanted to be an only cat so found a home for her with an elderly couple who
didnt want a kitten (afraid the cat would outlive them) and she was just the
right age. Lapkitty extremo when only cat in the house.

Daisy: didnt name her, adopted her and didnt want to confuse her more with
a name change. Solid white with leaf green eyes. Slightly feral still.
'Only cat' traits. Was abused and will not tolerate any person under age 18
except my daughter. If I were to rename her, I think it would be Cactus
Kitty.

THem's the highlights. I've left a few out but they were all outdoor ferals
or roomates cats.

Richard Evans
January 30th 09, 02:51 PM
A friend had a particularly mischievous kitten that she named PITA,
which was an acronym for Pain In The Ass.

Poe
January 30th 09, 02:59 PM
LauraM wrote:
> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

I had a cat called Moonshine because I found him as a kitten, all white,
glowing in the moonlight.

I also have a Monk, Peanut and Casanova (all named to fit their
personality, or in Peanut's case, his size). Oh darn, they're all cute
names to me!

Curmudgeon
January 30th 09, 03:37 PM
In article
LauraM > wrote:

> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

Well, of course we're going to be partial to the names we've chosen
ourselves! For example, my current Maine Coon is named "Woof" and I
think it's cute. I've had cats named Purrmudgeon, Scamper, Diablo,
Odibee, Vidmar, Karma, Cooper, Figaro, and a Japanese bobtail simply
called Bob (among many, many others), but my favorite pet names *ever*
were a brace of Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs named Link and Patty.

--

Cheers!

Mudge

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and
statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing
until I pay my bill."

Peg Caldwell-Ott
January 30th 09, 10:44 PM
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:37:46 -0600, Curmudgeon > wrote:

>In article
>,
>LauraM > wrote:
>
>> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
>> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
>> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
>> Hobbes of course).
>>
>> How about you??

We got Amaretto as a kitten when he was only 2 days old. We named him
for a bottle set of Amaretto with two glasses that Derek bought for me
as a gift--he was leaving the next day to spend some of his spring
vacation with his family. This was in the days before we were married
and then spent our spring vacations together!

I did not like the idea of Amaretto being "alone" for so much time,
especially while we were in classes (this was in New Brunswick where
we met, both doing our PhD degrees in Anthropology), so we purchased
Alino from a breeder--the same lady who provided us with Amaretto for
free, especially when she thought the kitten would not survive without
its mother's care. Alino Preparado is a spice used for meats in
Venezuela (where Derek's mother is originally from).

As it turned out, both cats were perfectly named--Amaretto was always
regal and majestic, just like the liqueur! Alino was always the fun,
noisy and silly kitty, very spicy!!

With Pemberton, we have gone back to my families' habit of selecting
family names for pets. My grandmothers were Mildred Pemberton Horton
and Harriet Elvira Wilmot--if I had been named for them, I would have
been Mildred Harriet, or Elvira Pemberton!! Thank goodness my folks
settled on Margaret Catherine--named for a number of good friends.
But, Pemberton is the only name in the set that I genuinely like--so
we gave it to Pemberton! Eventually, we hope to welcome Elvira (which
Derek likes) or Ebenezer--named for my great grandfather, Wallace
Ebenezer. Other possibles for the future are Omar, Franklin, Vroom and
Eddy.

I love this thread--lots of REALLY cute names!!

Bestest,

PegNDerek

jmc
January 30th 09, 11:58 PM
Suddenly, without warning, LauraM exclaimed (1/29/2009 8:45 PM):
> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

When I adopted my first cat, Mouse, she was so tiny she fit in my small
hand. She was grey and had a tail, but too small to be a cat so she
must be a mouse. Of course, turns out Mouse was at least part Maine
Coon - she had the tail, the little peep, and the size - 18# of pure muscle!

My current cat, Meep, was abandoned at a shelter with her mom and 5
siblings. The first couple of days after I adopted her, she wandered
around the house going, "Meep? Meep!" - I think she was looking for her
family. Meep was supposed to be a temporary name, but since it's now 12
years later, I can safely say it's stuck.

jmc

LauraM[_2_]
January 31st 09, 02:56 AM
On Jan 30, 3:58*pm, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, LauraM exclaimed (1/29/2009 8:45 PM):
>
> > I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> > you've ever heard. *My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> > I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> > Hobbes of course).
>
> > How about you??
>
> When I adopted my first cat, Mouse, she was so tiny she fit in my small
> hand. *She was grey and had a tail, but too small to be a cat so she
> must be a mouse. *Of course, turns out Mouse was at least part Maine
> Coon - she had the tail, the little peep, and the size - 18# of pure muscle!
>
> My current cat, Meep, was abandoned at a shelter with her mom and 5
> siblings. *The first couple of days after I adopted her, she wandered
> around the house going, "Meep? *Meep!" - I think she was looking for her
> family. *Meep was supposed to be a temporary name, but since it's now 12
> years later, I can safely say it's stuck.
>
> jmc

Did you ever see the tv show, The Bachelor? I think it was a few
seasons ago, but one of the Bachelorettes was nicknamed "Meep" because
she hiccupped uncontrollably. And when she hiccupped, she tried to
contain it at the same time which meant the sound came out as a
"meep". I always think of her when I read your posts about Meep.

I love Mouse! How funny that she turned out to be so muscular.

MaryL
January 31st 09, 05:49 PM
"LauraM" > wrote in message
>I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

Oh, can anything possibly be cuter than Duffy? Of course, I'm a bit
prejudiced because my Duffy is cute in *every* way!! ;o)

MaryL
Duffy's album: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

MLB
January 31st 09, 06:33 PM
MaryL wrote:

> "LauraM" > wrote in message
>> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
>> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
>> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
>> Hobbes of course).
>>
>> How about you??
>
> Oh, can anything possibly be cuter than Duffy? Of course, I'm a bit
> prejudiced because my Duffy is cute in *every* way!! ;o)
>
> MaryL
> Duffy's album: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

My late cousin had a French poodle named Duffy. She had no children but
he was her baby for 16 years. MLB

MaryL
January 31st 09, 07:03 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> MaryL wrote:
>>
>> "LauraM" > wrote in message
>>> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
>>> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
>>> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
>>> Hobbes of course).
>>>
>>> How about you??
>>
>> Oh, can anything possibly be cuter than Duffy? Of course, I'm a bit
>> prejudiced because my Duffy is cute in *every* way!! ;o)
>>
>> MaryL
>> Duffy's album: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7
>

> My late cousin had a French poodle named Duffy. She had no children but
> he was her baby for 16 years. MLB

I did not name Duffy myself. I adopted him from a shelter six years ago,
and they had given him the name. I liked it and thought it "fit" him, so he
has been Duffy (usually connected with all sorts of "loving" titles) ever
since.

MaryL

Clara Semps
February 1st 09, 10:39 AM
My very first cat as a little girl was named Cheetah. A beautiful
calico, long and slinky. She got pregnant and gave birth to a single
cat, all white, we called Baby. Unfortunately, Baby got hit by a car
when he as 6 months. We also had a country cat named Anthony.

When I got my first apartment, my first cat was named Rider. He got the
name when he somehow got out of the box in the car and rode comfortably
on my shoulder the rest of the way home from the shelter. Used to love
to go to the vet because he knew he'd get to ride in the car and he was
always so well behaved in it.

Then along came Lady who was definitely not one. I gave up Lady and
Rider when I married my husband who was allergic. After I gave up my
husband, I knew I'd never give up another cat for a man again.

The next is an interesting story. Gummitch is the name of a cat from a
series of stories by Fritz Lieber. He's a a philosophically minded
kitten with an I.Q. of 160, just waiting for his ritual cup of coffee
so that he can become human, too. I went looking for him and, as a grey
tiger Domestic Shorthair, he found me, together with his buddy, Growl
Tiger, a Turkish Van. Yup, inspired by TS Elliot's poem "Growl Tiger's
Last Stand." BTW, I consider Gummitch my feline soul. I seem to find
him whenever I need to. I honestly believe he was Cheetah and Rider.
There's just something in them that resonated with me.

Anyway, after Growl Tiger left us we needed a companion for Gummitch
and found Chaplin. He's a Ragamuffin named after Charlie Chaplin
because he wears a tuxedo, has a little white mustache under his nose
that looks just like the silent movie star and even waddles when he
walks. LOL It's very funny to see. When Gummitch passed to his next
life in 2002 it took me a long time to find him again. Even though I'd
found him as a 2 week old kitten 2 weeks later, it took me another 6
weeks before I realize it was him. That's because he chose to return as
a silly mama's boy of a Russian Blue called Furby. Don't ask me how he
got that name, it's what he wanted to be called and the only thing he
answered to so it stuck.

I always have at least two cats at one time. Preferably one younger,
one older. The young one helps the older one stay fit. Well, except for
Furby and Chaplin. Chaplin is a lazy cat if I ever had one but Furby
does manage to get him to run up and down the hall at least two or
three times after dinner each night. But that's about it for Chaplin.
Who the new felines in my life will be in the future, is anyone's
guess. But I'm sure they'll let me know. :)

In article
LauraM > wrote:

> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

Janet
February 1st 09, 06:25 PM
LauraM wrote:
> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

I friend had a mostly white cat with some very light gray shadings that she
called Purrl.

cybercat
February 2nd 09, 03:38 PM
"Clara Semps" > wrote in message
> My very first cat as a little girl was named Cheetah.

Anybody else seeing a chimp here? :)

February 3rd 09, 05:13 PM
On Jan 29, 8:45*pm, LauraM > wrote:
> I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
> you've ever heard. *My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
> I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
> Hobbes of course).
>
> How about you??

http://oldpoetry.com/opoem/25632-T-S--Eliot-The-Naming-Of-Cats

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Boswell, Howie

bartlet
February 3rd 09, 05:18 PM
On Jan 29, 8:45*pm, LauraM > wrote:

> How about you??

moses is cute - it's such a HUUUUUGE name by association
i also like simon for a large gray cat

Curmudgeon
February 3rd 09, 11:36 PM
In article
bartlet > wrote:

> On Jan 29, 8:45*pm, LauraM > wrote:
>
> > How about you??
>
> moses is cute - it's such a HUUUUUGE name by association
> i also like simon for a large gray cat

My Woof is a very large grey cat, big (and long especially) even for a
Maine Coon. People often think his name is "Wolf" given his size and I
have to assure them that it is indeed "Woof" instead. I wonder what he
might have been named had he not become Woof immediately upon arriving
here. (His former owners called him Dusty, but he was there for only a
couple of weeks.) I do like Simon Peter though. I'll have to keep it
in mind in case it seems appropriate somewhere up the line.

--

Cheers!

Mudge

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and
statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing
until I pay my bill."

Clara Semps
February 6th 09, 07:44 PM
In article >, cybercat
> wrote:

> "Clara Semps" > wrote in message
> > My very first cat as a little girl was named Cheetah.
>
> Anybody else seeing a chimp here? :)

Can I ask what that's supposed to mean?

jmc
February 6th 09, 09:59 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Clara Semps exclaimed (2/6/2009 2:44 PM):
> In article >, cybercat
> > wrote:
>
>> "Clara Semps" > wrote in message
>>> My very first cat as a little girl was named Cheetah.
>> Anybody else seeing a chimp here? :)
>>

> Can I ask what that's supposed to mean?

My memory fails, but I think there was a chimp named Cheetah in some old
Tarzan show. Or something like that. It rang a very, very small and
distant bell anyway.

jmc

bartlet
February 20th 09, 10:19 PM
On Feb 3, 6:36*pm, Curmudgeon > wrote:
I do like Simon Peter though. *I'll have to keep it
> in mind in case it seems appropriate somewhere up the line.

Yeah, I like double names too

say, I took on a pitbull the other evening.
she's only 7 mo old.

There is much to a name

for example, Abram to Abraham, or from Jacob (trickster, usurper) to..
Israel (a prince) and so on.

At first, I named this beast, Judith - from the Maccabee's
and she liked that name, but it was too much alone
so I added Sasha in front of it

nowww.... we got a sweet dog, who likes justice

but.. I found her a home
I wasn't having any fun
all she wanted to do was hump my leg

I shoulda named her humpy

February 24th 09, 07:19 PM
On Feb 20, 5:19*pm, bartlet > wrote:
> On Feb 3, 6:36*pm, Curmudgeon > wrote:
> I do like Simon Peter though. *I'll have to keep it
>
> > in mind in case it seems appropriate somewhere up the line.
>
> Yeah, I like double names too
>
> say, I took on a pitbull the other evening.
> she's only 7 mo old.
>
> There is much to a name
>
> for example, Abram to Abraham, or from Jacob (trickster, usurper) to..
> Israel (a prince) and so on.
>
> At first, I named this beast, Judith - from the Maccabee's
> and she liked that name, but it was too much alone
> so I added Sasha in front of it
>
> nowww.... we got a sweet dog, who likes justice
>
> but.. I found her a home
> I wasn't having any fun
> all she wanted to do was hump my leg
>
> I shoulda named her humpy

Maybe not the cutest, but definitely creative my wife and her friend
got 2 kitten sisters, and named one Dizzy and one Aster. But
nicknamed Dizzy "Diz" so the pair of them became "Diz" - "Aster".
Both names worked well on their own. Unfortunately Diz is no longer
with us, but now Aster is mine and my wife's cat and Aster is a flower
but also has a cool story behind her name :-) Plus her two sisters
Chloe and Ezmerelda (Ezzie for short).

Not to mention my in-laws who named their cat "Little Brother" because
they have two big dogs as his big sisters.