June 25th 09, 11:35 PM
Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett

What a day.

Mare
June 26th 09, 12:11 AM
On Jun 25, 6:35*pm, Jane > wrote:
> Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
>
> What a day.

For sure. They always seem to go in three - Ed McMahon, Farrah and
Michael - all icons in their own right.
What a week.

Mare - and Meena the misty-eyed :*^ (

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
June 26th 09, 01:04 AM
"Mare"
On Jun 25, 6:35 pm, Jane
> Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
>
> What a day.

For sure. They always seem to go in three - Ed McMahon, Farrah and
Michael - all icons in their own right.
What a week.

Mare - and Meena the misty-eyed :*^ (

I know, MJ 'was' married to Lisa Marie Presley wasn''t he?
I never watch the news, but it is really wierd thaat Michael died just hours
after Farrah passed away.
Hollywood and the rest of the world is in a state of grief right now.
Kyla
--sad too .

jmcquown[_2_]
June 26th 09, 01:11 AM
"Jane" > wrote in message
> Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
>
> What a day.

Farrah had a long battle with cancer. Michael came as a complete surprise
(at least to me).

Jill

Jofirey
June 26th 09, 03:00 AM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "Jane" > wrote in message
>> Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
>>
>> What a day.
>>

> Farrah had a long battle with cancer. Michael came as a complete
> surprise (at least to me).
>
> Jill

His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people. Before his
death was confirmed, one of the stories mentioned that he had been
through an extensive physical before anyone would back his planned
tour.

I honestly don't know what to think of him as a person, but really
do feel he was someone the world used up and threw away. He was
such an adorable child.

Jo

jmcquown[_2_]
June 26th 09, 03:56 AM
"jofirey" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> "Jane" > wrote in message
>>> Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
>>>
>>> What a day.
>>>

>> Farrah had a long battle with cancer. Michael came as a complete
>> surprise (at least to me).
>>
>> Jill
>
> His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people. Before his death
> was confirmed, one of the stories mentioned that he had been through an
> extensive physical before anyone would back his planned tour.
>
> I honestly don't know what to think of him as a person, but really do feel
> he was someone the world used up and threw away. He was such an adorable
> child.
>
> Jo

Yeah... remember 'Rockin Robin'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2RPWZ6qKc&feature=PlayList&p=F7A86046516ACC38&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30

Or 'Ben' (from a very creepy movie about an invasion of rats, except for the
one named 'Ben')...

The jackson 5 Ben

Jill

jmcquown[_2_]
June 27th 09, 12:21 AM
"hopitus" > wrote in message
On Jun 25, 8:56 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "jofirey" > wrote in message

> >> Farrah had a long battle with cancer. Michael came as a complete
> >> surprise (at least to me).
>
> >> Jill
>
> > His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people. Before his death
> > was confirmed, one of the stories mentioned that he had been through an
> > extensive physical before anyone would back his planned tour.
>
> > I honestly don't know what to think of him as a person, but really do
> > feel
> > he was someone the world used up and threw away. He was such an adorable
> > child.
>
> > Jo
>
> Yeah... remember 'Rockin Robin'?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2RPWZ6qKc&feature=PlayList&p=F7A8604...
>
> Or 'Ben' (from a very creepy movie about an invasion of rats, except for
> the
> one named 'Ben')...
>
> The jackson 5 Ben

Wonder if Lisa Marie will bury his remains near Elvis on the grounds
of Graceland,
creating another Memphis cash cow.Two celeb gravesites with one visit.

LOL As if she needs more money ;)

Jill

Sherry
June 27th 09, 06:44 AM
On Jun 26, 6:21*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "hopitus" > wrote in message

> On Jun 25, 8:56 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> > > His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people. Before his death
> > > was confirmed, one of the stories mentioned that he had been through an
> > > extensive physical before anyone would back his planned tour.
>
> > > I honestly don't know what to think of him as a person, but really do
> > > feel
> > > he was someone the world used up and threw away. He was such an adorable
> > > child.
>
> > > Jo
>
> > Yeah... remember 'Rockin Robin'?
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2RPWZ6qKc&feature=PlayList&p=F7A8604...
>
> > Or 'Ben' (from a very creepy movie about an invasion of rats, except for
> > the
> > one named 'Ben')...
>
> > The jackson 5 Ben
>
> Wonder if Lisa Marie will bury his remains near Elvis on the grounds
> of Graceland,
> creating another Memphis cash cow.Two celeb gravesites with one visit.
>
> LOL *As if she needs more money ;)
>
> Jill- Hide quoted text -

I wouldn't thumb my nose at the cash cow. It was Priscilla's shrewd
business sense that, starting with
opening Graceland to the public, increased Lisa Marie's inheritance
from $5 million to over $100 million.
As Lisa Marie grew up, she also became very involved in Elvis Presley
Enterprises -- which supports
many charities, provides scholarships, and supports a program for free
housing for the homeless.
A $95 million dollar increase in assets from the time Priscilla became
co-executor, and later Lisa became
sole owner of Graceland. She's created quite an empire for *her*
children to inherit. Instead of moving
in Daddy's house and partying off what was left with Daddy's money.

Sherry

June 28th 09, 05:52 PM
On Jun 25, 7:00*pm, "jofirey" > wrote:

> His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people. *

I was surprised- the news broke over here in London about 11.30pm- I'd
just had a truly splendid evening of role playing (For anyone who
understands my PC took out a shadow troll with 3 hits- 2 of them
natural 20's and 2 of them max damage tripled! For those who don't
have the foggiest- I'd just had a very good time) which had started
with a very good meal and I was getting my cab back (economy drive is
one thing but 2 of my friends have been mugged walking the 10 minutes
or so to the station and in one case a knife was produced. There have
been several knife murders in Plaistow and I have no wish to be the
next one!) and the driver turned up the radio, I was about to ask him
not to when I realised what news he was listening to,,,,

Finally one paper has spotted the thing that puzzles me. Jackson's
doctor was there, supposedly a cardiologist but the transcript of the
call to the ambulance the caller mentions MJ is lying on the bed and
the doc is doing CPR.

Now I'm not up on first aid through I know at least one other person
here is but even I know you can't do CPR on a bed so what was that
about?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

June 28th 09, 07:17 PM
On Jun 28, 11:00*am, hopitus > wrote:

> You can do it on a hard cot if necessary.

Or a hospital bed- when my mum was in hospital she wanted to know what
the "CPR" setting on her bed control meant...alas she found out but
the actual words were that MJ was on a bed and some reports are saying
he was found in bed so that makes me think the doc found him
unresponsive and started CPR on an ordinary bed. He wasn't in a gym

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

MatSav
June 29th 09, 08:36 AM
hopitus wrote:

> Interesting. Last night's local media had [MJ] working out
> heavily in a
> gym with
> his cardiologist at his side then his heart checked out. Not
> home, not
> in bed.
> If he was dead in bed, why the C-spine brace? Paramedics
> ordinarily
> don;t put
> that on for patients discovered in beds, just use C-spine
> *precautions* moving
> patient from bed to fgurney for transport.

Early reports in the UK, from TMZ Newswire, reported that he had
slipped in the shower. That would explain the brace. However,
that wasn't confirmed by subsequent reports.

--
MatSav

jmcquown[_2_]
June 29th 09, 11:54 AM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
On Jun 26, 6:21 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "hopitus" > wrote in message

> On Jun 25, 8:56 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> > > His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people. Before his
> > > death
> > > was confirmed, one of the stories mentioned that he had been through
> > > an
> > > extensive physical before anyone would back his planned tour.
>
> > > I honestly don't know what to think of him as a person, but really do
> > > feel
> > > he was someone the world used up and threw away. He was such an
> > > adorable
> > > child.
>
> > > Jo
>
> > Yeah... remember 'Rockin Robin'?
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2RPWZ6qKc&feature=PlayList&p=F7A8604...
>
> > Or 'Ben' (from a very creepy movie about an invasion of rats, except for
> > the
> > one named 'Ben')...
>
> > The jackson 5 Ben
>
> Wonder if Lisa Marie will bury his remains near Elvis on the grounds
> of Graceland,
> creating another Memphis cash cow.Two celeb gravesites with one visit.
>
> LOL As if she needs more money ;)
>
> Jill- Hide quoted text -

I wouldn't thumb my nose at the cash cow. It was Priscilla's shrewd
business sense that, starting with
opening Graceland to the public, increased Lisa Marie's inheritance
from $5 million to over $100 million.
As Lisa Marie grew up, she also became very involved in Elvis Presley
Enterprises -- which supports
many charities, provides scholarships, and supports a program for free
housing for the homeless.
A $95 million dollar increase in assets from the time Priscilla became
co-executor, and later Lisa became
sole owner of Graceland. She's created quite an empire for *her*
children to inherit. Instead of moving
in Daddy's house and partying off what was left with Daddy's money.

Sherry

True, it's a money-making cash cow for Lisa Marie. But Graceland is NOT in
a good area of Memphis. The tourists don't realize this. I wouldn't go to
Whitehaven if you paid me.

Jill

jmcquown[_2_]
June 29th 09, 11:55 AM
> wrote in message
On Jun 25, 7:00 pm, "jofirey" > wrote:

> His death came as quite a surprise to a lot of people.

Finally one paper has spotted the thing that puzzles me. Jackson's
doctor was there, supposedly a cardiologist but the transcript of the
call to the ambulance the caller mentions MJ is lying on the bed and
the doc is doing CPR.

Now I'm not up on first aid through I know at least one other person
here is but even I know you can't do CPR on a bed so what was that
about?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

CPR should be performed on a hard, flat surface. I don't understand the
doctor doing that on the bed, either.

Jill

---MIKE---
June 29th 09, 01:30 PM
Jill wrote:

>CPR should be performed on a hard, flat
> surface. I don't understand the doctor
> doing that on the bed, either.

Agreed BUT - a cardiologist would know that and could probably
compensate for the soft surface with stronger thrusts (in an emergency).

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Sherry
June 29th 09, 02:28 PM
On Jun 29, 5:54*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote in message

> On Jun 26, 6:21 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>

> > "hopitus" > wrote in message

> > > Yeah... remember 'Rockin Robin'?
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2RPWZ6qKc&feature=PlayList&p=F7A8604...
>
> > > Or 'Ben' (from a very creepy movie about an invasion of rats, except for
> > > the
> > > one named 'Ben')...
>
> > > The jackson 5 Ben
>
> > Wonder if Lisa Marie will bury his remains near Elvis on the grounds
> > of Graceland,
> > creating another Memphis cash cow.Two celeb gravesites with one visit.
>
> > LOL As if she needs more money ;)
>
> > Jill- Hide quoted text -

> I wouldn't thumb my nose at the cash cow. It was Priscilla's shrewd
> business sense that, starting with
> opening Graceland to the public, increased Lisa Marie's inheritance
> from $5 million to over $100 million.
> As Lisa Marie grew up, she also became very involved in Elvis Presley
> Enterprises -- which supports
> many charities, provides scholarships, and supports a program for free
> housing for the homeless.
> A $95 million dollar increase in assets from the time Priscilla became
> co-executor, and later Lisa became
> sole owner of Graceland. She's created quite an empire for *her*
> children to inherit. Instead of moving
> in Daddy's house and partying off what was left with Daddy's money.
>
> Sherry
>
> True, it's a money-making cash cow for Lisa Marie. *But Graceland is NOT in
> a good area of Memphis. *The tourists don't realize this. *I wouldn't go to
> Whitehaven if you paid me.
>
> Jill- Hide quoted text -

<shrug> I saw places in Memphis that looked much seedier than the
Graceland area.
And by definition, since a cash cow is a business that produces steady
income to
fund other investments, I suppose you're right. Graceland supports not
only Lisa Marie,
but many charities as well. (and it's not bad revenue for the City of
Memphis either, I'm sure)

Sherry