PDA

View Full Version : Twiggy (little mother) is back, recovering

Pat[_4_]
June 26th 09, 11:28 PM
She was about 30 days pregnant with another litter. She is groggy and still
confined in a carrier, with her two remaining kittens - King Arthur
Creamsickle and Lady Guinivere Tuxedo - splayed out on a rug in front of it,
in a small storage room.

TED says to keep her "confined" with no running or jumping for 10-14 days.
That will be some trick.... but I'll find a way. May have to use the
basement, but only after treating her AND the kittens for ear mites (for
which TED sent medicine, along with wormer) and fleas, and building a screen
door for the basement, since currently there is only a wooden door, which we
have to leave open in the summer, to let air move in and up through the vent
in the living room floor, to keep the house reasonably comfortable without
A/C.

The total bill was $101 + some change, which Dave paid. I will eventually
need to reimburse him. We found out this morning that this vet no longer
accepts phone payments. They didn't get any calls anyway, so no problem
there.

June 27th 09, 08:49 AM
Pat wrote:

> She was about 30 days pregnant with another litter.

Well no wonder you were confused about the situation. She shows up, looks
pregnant, and then a few days later, shows up with kittens who had to have
been born weeks earlier. That would've confused me, too.

Good work! And good luck finding homes for the kittens.

--
Joyce ^..^

Debbie Wilson
June 27th 09, 01:23 PM
Pat > wrote:

> She was about 30 days pregnant with another litter. She is groggy and still
> confined in a carrier, with her two remaining kittens - King Arthur
> Creamsickle and Lady Guinivere Tuxedo - splayed out on a rug in front of it,
> in a small storage room.

Excellent news, great to hear you caught her just in time and she can
recover in peace and quiet with you. Sorry I'm not able to contribute to
the costs from the UK but I wish you all the best with the little
family.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Takayuki
June 27th 09, 07:48 PM
"Pat" > wrote:
>She was about 30 days pregnant with another litter. She is groggy and still
>confined in a carrier, with her two remaining kittens - King Arthur
>Creamsickle and Lady Guinivere Tuxedo - splayed out on a rug in front of it,
>in a small storage room.

I'm sorry - I should have realized that you needed some help to
finance this spay. I'm glad that DH came through for you.

The little family sounds extremely cute. It must be exciting! In a
way.