PDA

View Full Version : chester is proven right

Stormmee
June 30th 09, 03:59 PM
every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i keep
the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D today, just
like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as Tiger is eating
solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to the vet... she
suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty treats to help clean
their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i flipped the oral care in the
second bucket... the next day i opened the bucket, opened the bag, and
there, of course was chester, paws on the side of the bucket looking in, and
sniffing, and sniffing, then he looked up at me and meowed, REALLY loud, DH
said he had this look on his face that said, I KNEW IT, if i looked long
enough the flavor would change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!

Lee

tanadashoes
June 30th 09, 04:59 PM
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i
> keep the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D today,
> just like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as Tiger is
> eating solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to the vet...
> she suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty treats to help
> clean their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i flipped the oral care
> in the second bucket... the next day i opened the bucket, opened the bag,
> and there, of course was chester, paws on the side of the bucket looking
> in, and sniffing, and sniffing, then he looked up at me and meowed, REALLY
> loud, DH said he had this look on his face that said, I KNEW IT, if i
> looked long enough the flavor would change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!
>
> Lee

Of course Chester was right. He'd been talking to the mothership and she
came through.

Pam S. giggling

Granby
July 1st 09, 01:46 AM
Mine friend Chester is one smart cat. O T Mahoney thinking change would be
good at our house too.
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i
> keep the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D today,
> just like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as Tiger is
> eating solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to the vet...
> she suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty treats to help
> clean their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i flipped the oral care
> in the second bucket... the next day i opened the bucket, opened the bag,
> and there, of course was chester, paws on the side of the bucket looking
> in, and sniffing, and sniffing, then he looked up at me and meowed, REALLY
> loud, DH said he had this look on his face that said, I KNEW IT, if i
> looked long enough the flavor would change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!
>
> Lee

Granby
July 1st 09, 01:48 AM
That is the current question for Sadie dog. When it storms she just has to
go out. She will go far enough to get wet and come back inside. A minute
later she is at the other door and we repeat the process. She just looks
bewildered when this happens.
"Judith Latham" > wrote in message
> In article >, Stormmee
> > wrote:
>> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i
>> keep the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D
>> today, just like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as
>> Tiger is eating solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to
>> the vet... she suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty
>> treats to help clean their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i
>> flipped the oral care in the second bucket... the next day i opened the
>> bucket, opened the bag, and there, of course was chester, paws on the
>> side of the bucket looking in, and sniffing, and sniffing, then he
>> looked up at me and meowed, REALLY loud, DH said he had this look on
>> his face that said, I KNEW IT, if i looked long enough the flavor would
>> change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!
>
>> Lee
>
> Now Chester has sorted that out, is he going to sort out that if it's
> raining at one door it may not be at the other?
>
> Judith
>
> --
> Judith Latham
> Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Stormmee
July 1st 09, 07:01 AM
odd you mention that, my living room is 22.5 foot long, and at each end is a
huge picture window... at least eight foot wide and four or five foot tall,
when the rain begins they go from window to window to check to see if it is
in fact raining at both, if it is, then they progress to the sliding door
and bedroom windows "just to make sure" when it is determined that it is
raining all around the house, Tiger approaches to inform me of this fact and
ask me to turn it off... why it matters since noone goes out is another
mystery to contemplate,

Lee
"Judith Latham" > wrote in message
> In article >, Stormmee
> > wrote:
>> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i
>> keep the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D
>> today, just like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as
>> Tiger is eating solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to
>> the vet... she suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty
>> treats to help clean their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i
>> flipped the oral care in the second bucket... the next day i opened the
>> bucket, opened the bag, and there, of course was chester, paws on the
>> side of the bucket looking in, and sniffing, and sniffing, then he
>> looked up at me and meowed, REALLY loud, DH said he had this look on
>> his face that said, I KNEW IT, if i looked long enough the flavor would
>> change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!
>
>> Lee
>
> Now Chester has sorted that out, is he going to sort out that if it's
> raining at one door it may not be at the other?
>
> Judith
>
> --
> Judith Latham
> Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Stormmee
July 1st 09, 07:02 AM
I must say they do like this oral care stuff, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Mine friend Chester is one smart cat. O T Mahoney thinking change would
> be good at our house too.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i
>> keep the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D today,
>> just like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as Tiger is
>> eating solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to the vet...
>> she suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty treats to help
>> clean their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i flipped the oral care
>> in the second bucket... the next day i opened the bucket, opened the bag,
>> and there, of course was chester, paws on the side of the bucket looking
>> in, and sniffing, and sniffing, then he looked up at me and meowed,
>> REALLY loud, DH said he had this look on his face that said, I KNEW IT,
>> if i looked long enough the flavor would change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!
>>
>> Lee

Granby
July 1st 09, 10:01 AM
Maybe it is because the birdies and such don't often come out in the rain
and there is no entertainment.

> wrote in message
> odd you mention that, my living room is 22.5 foot long, and at each end is
> a huge picture window... at least eight foot wide and four or five foot
> tall, when the rain begins they go from window to window to check to see
> if it is in fact raining at both, if it is, then they progress to the
> sliding door and bedroom windows "just to make sure" when it is determined
> that it is raining all around the house, Tiger approaches to inform me of
> this fact and ask me to turn it off... why it matters since noone goes out
> is another mystery to contemplate,
>
> Lee
> "Judith Latham" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Stormmee
>> > wrote:
>>> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i
>>> keep the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor... nope, its C/D
>>> today, just like yester and just like it going to be forever as long as
>>> Tiger is eating solid food... recently after our traumatizing visit to
>>> the vet... she suggested getting oral care from SD to use as kitty
>>> treats to help clean their teeth, we were down to one bucket so i
>>> flipped the oral care in the second bucket... the next day i opened the
>>> bucket, opened the bag, and there, of course was chester, paws on the
>>> side of the bucket looking in, and sniffing, and sniffing, then he
>>> looked up at me and meowed, REALLY loud, DH said he had this look on
>>> his face that said, I KNEW IT, if i looked long enough the flavor would
>>> change, and I WAS RIGHT!!!
>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> Now Chester has sorted that out, is he going to sort out that if it's
>> raining at one door it may not be at the other?
>>
>> Judith
>>
>> --
>> Judith Latham
>> Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Marina
July 1st 09, 01:41 PM
Judith Latham wrote:
> Now Chester has sorted that out, is he going to sort out that if it's
> raining at one door it may not be at the other?

My 'little sister' Thompson (brown tabby moggy) used to do that
especially in winter. She never used a litterbox but always did her
thing outside, but in the winters it could be hard. She never stopped
looking for that door into summer. She'd check the front door, the back
door, the door from the sauna, and the kitchen window. Finally she would
have to dash out in the snow, quickly dig a hole by the wall, where
there was less snow under the eaves, cover it very perfunctorily, and
dash back inside. And you had better stand there the whole time holding
the door or window open, or you would never hear the end of it.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Marina
July 1st 09, 01:42 PM
Stormmee wrote:
> every time i feed the cats chester just MUST look in the bucket where i keep
> the food, he looks in expecting a new flavor...

Hmm, I wonder what Caliban is looking for when he has to check every
time I flush the toilet...

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Stormmee
July 1st 09, 02:27 PM
yet another mystery... this is TV's job, i used to leave the lid up... DH
got the seat down pretty early on so i saw no reason to push the issue,
until TV arrived in our lives, anything that he felt needed whatever he felt
it needed went into the stool so now we keep lids down... and when it is
flushed if he is near he MUST look in to see whatever it is leaving, Lee