PDA

View Full Version : Newsgroups OT

Bev
July 1st 09, 11:41 PM
Before giving up on the Motzarella - Eternal September server problem I
decided to give it one more go. I had two accounts with Motzerella one an
old non-working one I hadn't bothered to remove and my current one. I
decided the thing to do was to start from scratch. So I deleted them. I
went to my new account Eternal September and deleted all my newsgroups which
had come down automatically when I set up the new account.

I then re-subscribed to my newsgroups. Hey presto down they came like
returning naughty children, lol.
So I am now operational again.

I want to thank rec.pets members for their help in trying to solve my
configuration problems. I guess sorting out this sort of thing is a
process of elimination and deleting everything was my last try. As I
understood it Motzarella had requested that I not take off the old account
until I set up the new one which is why I left it on also while it was still
operational I could use it.

So there you go, what a saga that went on for two weeks until I'd almost had
enough.

Bev

The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Bobble[_6_]
July 2nd 09, 12:29 AM
"Bev" > wrote in
:

> Before giving up on the Motzarella - Eternal September server problem
> I decided to give it one more go. I had two accounts with Motzerella
> one an old non-working one I hadn't bothered to remove and my current
> one. I decided the thing to do was to start from scratch. So I
> deleted them. I went to my new account Eternal September and deleted
> all my newsgroups which had come down automatically when I set up the
> new account.
>
> I then re-subscribed to my newsgroups. Hey presto down they came
> like returning naughty children, lol.
> So I am now operational again.
>
> I want to thank rec.pets members for their help in trying to solve my
> configuration problems. I guess sorting out this sort of thing is a
> process of elimination and deleting everything was my last try. As
> I understood it Motzarella had requested that I not take off the old
> account until I set up the new one which is why I left it on also
> while it was still operational I could use it.
>
> So there you go, what a saga that went on for two weeks until I'd
> almost had enough.
>
> Bev

That's great news. What I find strange is that as of today it no longer
asks me my password when I open my Xnews newsreader. But as long as it
works, I'm glad.

Bobble

Irulan
July 2nd 09, 12:51 AM
Welcome back, Bev! Glad to hear you will still be with
us.

Lily & her mama

"Bev" > wrote in message
> Before giving up on the Motzarella - Eternal September server problem I
> decided to give it one more go. I had two accounts with Motzerella one
> an old non-working one I hadn't bothered to remove and my current one. I
> decided the thing to do was to start from scratch. So I deleted them.
> I went to my new account Eternal September and deleted all my newsgroups
> which had come down automatically when I set up the new account.
>
> I then re-subscribed to my newsgroups. Hey presto down they came like
> returning naughty children, lol.
> So I am now operational again.
>
> I want to thank rec.pets members for their help in trying to solve my
> configuration problems. I guess sorting out this sort of thing is a
> process of elimination and deleting everything was my last try. As I
> understood it Motzarella had requested that I not take off the old account
> until I set up the new one which is why I left it on also while it was
> still operational I could use it.
>
> So there you go, what a saga that went on for two weeks until I'd almost
> had enough.
>
> Bev
>
> --
> --
> The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

--
Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Katcrazy
July 2nd 09, 01:31 AM
"Irulan" > wrote in message
> Welcome back, Bev! Glad to hear you will still be with
> us.
>
> Lily & her mama
>
> "Bev" > wrote in message
>> Before giving up on the Motzarella - Eternal September server problem I
>> decided to give it one more go. I had two accounts with Motzerella one
>> an old non-working one I hadn't bothered to remove and my current one.
>> I decided the thing to do was to start from scratch. So I deleted them.
>> I went to my new account Eternal September and deleted all my newsgroups
>> which had come down automatically when I set up the new account.
>>
>> I then re-subscribed to my newsgroups. Hey presto down they came like
>> returning naughty children, lol.
>> So I am now operational again.
>>
>> I want to thank rec.pets members for their help in trying to solve my
>> configuration problems. I guess sorting out this sort of thing is a
>> process of elimination and deleting everything was my last try. As I
>> understood it Motzarella had requested that I not take off the old
>> account until I set up the new one which is why I left it on also while
>> it was still operational I could use it.
>>
>> So there you go, what a saga that went on for two weeks until I'd almost
>> had enough.
>>
>> Bev
>>
>> --
>> --
>> The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Yay Bev, well done.

Lois

Adrian[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 03:47 PM
Bev wrote:
> Before giving up on the Motzarella - Eternal September server
> problem I decided to give it one more go. I had two accounts with
> Motzerella one an old non-working one I hadn't bothered to remove and
> my current one. I decided the thing to do was to start from
> scratch. So I deleted them. I went to my new account Eternal
> September and deleted all my newsgroups which had come down
> automatically when I set up the new account.
> I then re-subscribed to my newsgroups. Hey presto down they came
> like returning naughty children, lol.
> So I am now operational again.
>
> I want to thank rec.pets members for their help in trying to solve my
> configuration problems. I guess sorting out this sort of thing is a
> process of elimination and deleting everything was my last try. As
> I understood it Motzarella had requested that I not take off the old
> account until I set up the new one which is why I left it on also
> while it was still operational I could use it.
>
> So there you go, what a saga that went on for two weeks until I'd
> almost had enough.
>
> Bev
>
> --

I'm glad you're still with us. :-)