PDA

View Full Version : Are they really related: Frank and Lyle

Outsider
July 2nd 09, 11:47 AM
They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of brains as
compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank seems to
struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from an hour before
dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow once and when I tell him
it is not time yet he moves on and waits patiently. I have even noticed
that when Frank is on a particular roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in
the apartment to be. I think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It
seems that when Frank whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow)
thinking it must be dinner time.

So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which Frank
thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table crying for food.
In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet" Frank continues to whine
so I say "oh be quiet, you are making everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on
the table and smacks Frank on the head a few times. I was pretty surprised
since he does not do that. I think he was mad that Franks makes him run
over for food all the time and it is a false alarm.

I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did not
look like he understood the point.

Andy

Adrian[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 04:24 PM
outsider wrote:
> They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of
> brains as compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank
> seems to struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from
> an hour before dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow
> once and when I tell him it is not time yet he moves on and waits
> patiently. I have even noticed that when Frank is on a particular
> roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in the apartment to be. I
> think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It seems that when Frank
> whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow) thinking it must
> be dinner time.
>
> So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which
> Frank thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table
> crying for food. In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet"
> Frank continues to whine so I say "oh be quiet, you are making
> everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on the table and smacks Frank on the
> head a few times. I was pretty surprised since he does not do that.
> I think he was mad that Franks makes him run over for food all the
> time and it is a false alarm.
>
> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did
> not look like he understood the point.
>
> Andy

It's possible for littermates to have a different father. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 05:07 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
om...
> outsider wrote:
>> They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of
>> brains as compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank
>> seems to struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from
>> an hour before dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow
>> once and when I tell him it is not time yet he moves on and waits
>> patiently. I have even noticed that when Frank is on a particular
>> roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in the apartment to be. I
>> think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It seems that when Frank
>> whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow) thinking it must
>> be dinner time.
>>
>> So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which
>> Frank thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table
>> crying for food. In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet"
>> Frank continues to whine so I say "oh be quiet, you are making
>> everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on the table and smacks Frank on the
>> head a few times. I was pretty surprised since he does not do that.
>> I think he was mad that Franks makes him run over for food all the
>> time and it is a false alarm.
>>
>> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did
>> not look like he understood the point.
>>
>> Andy
>
> It's possible for littermates to have a different father. :-)

Which accounts for the truly astounding variety of kitten-types you can
sometimes see in a litter. My favorite head-scratcher was a litter in a
nearby bakery that had a calico and a meezer-looking pointed kitten. The
Siamese boy was, of course, named Mario. ;)

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

MLB[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 05:41 PM
outsider wrote:
> They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of brains as
> compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank seems to
> struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from an hour before
> dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow once and when I tell him
> it is not time yet he moves on and waits patiently. I have even noticed
> that when Frank is on a particular roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in
> the apartment to be. I think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It
> seems that when Frank whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow)
> thinking it must be dinner time.
>
> So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which Frank
> thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table crying for food.
> In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet" Frank continues to whine
> so I say "oh be quiet, you are making everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on
> the table and smacks Frank on the head a few times. I was pretty surprised
> since he does not do that. I think he was mad that Franks makes him run
> over for food all the time and it is a false alarm.
>
> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did not
> look like he understood the point.
>
> Andy

It sounds like Frank believes the "squeeking wheel gets the grease". MLB

July 3rd 09, 05:38 AM
outsider wrote:

> They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of brains as
> compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank seems to
> struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from an hour before
> dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow once and when I tell him
> it is not time yet he moves on and waits patiently. I have even noticed
> that when Frank is on a particular roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in
> the apartment to be. I think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It
> seems that when Frank whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow)
> thinking it must be dinner time.

> So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which Frank
> thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table crying for food.
> In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet" Frank continues to whine
> so I say "oh be quiet, you are making everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on
> the table and smacks Frank on the head a few times. I was pretty surprised
> since he does not do that. I think he was mad that Franks makes him run
> over for food all the time and it is a false alarm.

> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did not
> look like he understood the point.

It could be that Frank isn't very bright. Or maybe he's just more
hungry than Lyle? Of course, both could be true. :)

--
Joyce ^..^

Outsider
July 3rd 09, 01:39 PM
MLB > wrote in
:

> outsider wrote:
>> They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of
>> brains as compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank
>> seems to struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from
>> an hour before dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow
>> once and when I tell him it is not time yet he moves on and waits
>> patiently. I have even noticed that when Frank is on a particular
>> roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in the apartment to be. I
>> think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It seems that when Frank
>> whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow) thinking it must
>> be dinner time.
>>
>> So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which
>> Frank thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table
>> crying for food. In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet"
>> Frank continues to whine so I say "oh be quiet, you are making
>> everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on the table and smacks Frank on the
>> head a few times. I was pretty surprised since he does not do that.
>> I think he was mad that Franks makes him run over for food all the
>> time and it is a false alarm.
>>
>> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did
>> not look like he understood the point.
>>
>> Andy
>

> It sounds like Frank believes the "squeeking wheel gets the grease".
> MLB

I hope Lyle does not make a habit of greasing him.

Outsider
July 3rd 09, 09:00 PM
wrote in
:

> outsider wrote:
>
> > They may be brothers but Lyle definitely got the "lion" share of
> > brains as compared to Frank. While Lyle gets how things work Frank
> > seems to struggle. Along those lines Frank will whine for food from
> > an hour before dinner until an hour AFTER dinner. Lyle will meow
> > once and when I tell him it is not time yet he moves on and waits
> > patiently. I have even noticed that when Frank is on a particular
> > roll Lyle will find the furthest spot in the apartment to be. I
> > think Frank even bugs him with his meowing. It seems that when
> > Frank whines Lyle will come over and meow also (one meow) thinking
> > it must be dinner time.
>
> > So the other day I am in the kitchen and using the microwave which
> > Frank thinks is a cat food maker and there is Frank on the table
> > crying for food. In comes Lyle "meoow" "no boys, it's not time yet"
> > Frank continues to whine so I say "oh be quiet, you are making
> > everyone crazy" when Lyle jumps on the table and smacks Frank on the
> > head a few times. I was pretty surprised since he does not do that.
> > I think he was mad that Franks makes him run over for food all the
> > time and it is a false alarm.
>
> > I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did
> > not look like he understood the point.
>
> It could be that Frank isn't very bright. Or maybe he's just more
> hungry than Lyle? Of course, both could be true. :)

It is a bit of both.

Marina
July 4th 09, 03:18 AM
outsider wrote:

> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did not
> look like he understood the point.

I remember one time, long ago, Frank and Nikki were sitting on the
window sill looking out. Nikki started scratching the window, and I
said, 'Nikki!' in a stern voice. Frank immediately turned to Nikki and
slapped her. 'Hey, didn't you hear what Mummy said?' It's rare, but oh
so precious when a cat takes your side.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Outsider
July 6th 09, 10:57 AM
Marina > wrote in news:7b7sfoF21sjc8U1
@mid.individual.net:

> outsider wrote:
>>
>> I can hope Frank takes the hint from his brother but, sadly, it did not
>> look like he understood the point.
>
> I remember one time, long ago, Frank and Nikki were sitting on the
> window sill looking out. Nikki started scratching the window, and I
> said, 'Nikki!' in a stern voice. Frank immediately turned to Nikki and
> slapped her. 'Hey, didn't you hear what Mummy said?' It's rare, but oh
> so precious when a cat takes your side.

Yeah, I think this was at least part of what he was doing. He was also
annoyed at the false alarms I think.