PDA

View Full Version : Hairball purrs

BfloPolska
July 3rd 09, 12:12 AM
I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his head
or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those who
ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur like
a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the kids
and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I feed
them that stuff from the tube?

Blessed be,
Baha

Lucys Mom[_2_]
July 3rd 09, 01:49 AM
BfloPolska wrote:
> I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his head
> or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those who
> ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur like
> a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
> sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the kids
> and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
> bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
> though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I feed
> them that stuff from the tube?
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha
Certainly! We've been going through that down here in TX just now.
Clouds of fur from all 3 of our kitties.

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Sherry
July 3rd 09, 02:22 AM
On Jul 2, 6:12*pm, BfloPolska > wrote:
> I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his head
> or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those who
> ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur like
> a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
> sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the kids
> and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
> bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
> though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I feed
> them that stuff from the tube?
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

This is so weird, us, too! I finally took Frank outside and brushed
and brushed
and brushed and brushed. Then thoroughly Furminated him. Honest, he
looks
thinner now. It was all hair. I got enough hair to make two more
Franks. Then I
got the scissors and cut his petticoat off.
The others don't like to be brushed, but I've got this "petting glove"
they tolerate.
Again, 4 more times, I got an incredible amount of cat hair off them.
Is it the heat?

Sherry

Jofirey
July 3rd 09, 02:58 AM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
On Jul 2, 6:12 pm, BfloPolska > wrote:
> I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his
> head
> or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those
> who
> ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur
> like
> a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
> sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the
> kids
> and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
> bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
> though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I
> feed
> them that stuff from the tube?
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

This is so weird, us, too! I finally took Frank outside and brushed
and brushed
and brushed and brushed. Then thoroughly Furminated him. Honest, he
looks
thinner now. It was all hair. I got enough hair to make two more
Franks. Then I
got the scissors and cut his petticoat off.
The others don't like to be brushed, but I've got this "petting
glove"
they tolerate.
Again, 4 more times, I got an incredible amount of cat hair off
them.
Is it the heat?

Sherry

Don't know. I do know Molly just loves the furminator. She would
let me brush her bald.

Jo

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
July 3rd 09, 05:08 AM
"BfloPolska"
>I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his head
> or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those who
> ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur like
> a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
> sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the kids
> and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
> bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
> though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I feed
> them that stuff from the tube?
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Poor babies. I tried to give my cat Mosey some hairball stuff called
Laxatone .
Is that what you're giving them?
That's the day I found out, Mosey doesnt like to have his feet touched.
PURRS and I hope it works.
We have a lot of shedding around here too...sheesh.
Kyla

Sherry
July 3rd 09, 05:17 AM
On Jul 2, 8:58*pm, "Jofirey" > wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote in message

> On Jul 2, 6:12 pm, BfloPolska > wrote:
>

> > I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his
> > head
> > or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those
> > who
> > ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur
> > like
> > a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
> > sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the
> > kids
> > and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
> > bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
> > though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I
> > feed
> > them that stuff from the tube?
>
> > Blessed be,
> > Baha
>
> This is so weird, us, too! I finally took Frank outside and brushed
> and brushed
> and brushed and brushed. Then thoroughly Furminated him. Honest, he
> looks
> thinner now. It was all hair. I got enough hair to make two more
> Franks. Then I
> got the scissors and cut his petticoat off.
> The others don't like to be brushed, but I've got this "petting
> glove"
> they tolerate.
> Again, 4 more times, I got an incredible amount of cat hair off
> them.
> Is it the heat?
>
> Sherry
>
> Don't know. *I do know Molly just loves the furminator. *She would
> let me brush her bald.
>
> Jo- Hide quoted text -

The Furminator is a GREAT tool for a coat like Frank's. He has one of
those "uneven" lonhaired
coats, with a thick undercoat. It's absolutely indispensable -- we
haven't had a matting problem
since I got the Furminator.
The idea to cut off his petticoat off was kind of an impulsive one--
he goes outdoors and it's always
getting grass in it, or getting it wet from the dew. He looks *real*
funny without it. Frank's failing is
that he'd letme brush himbald too. He might should have gotten up and
run when he saw the scissors
come out. But he's much cooler, I am sure.

Sherry

Sherry

July 3rd 09, 05:42 AM
BfloPolska wrote:

> I don't know if it's the quirky weather or El Nino's rearing his head
> or what. We are just beset with hairballs this season, even those who
> ordinarily do not get them. Stosh, who has very short, sleek fur like
> a seal's, even has had his share; Sabrina, who has always had a
> sensitive tummy, has been quite plagued. We've been brushing the kids
> and they've got enough fur to knit with, I'm surprised they aren't
> bald from how much they've been shedding. No bald spots or sores
> though, thankfully. Can we have a few purrs for hairballs while I feed
> them that stuff from the tube?

Purrs on the way.

Roxy barfed up a hairball the other day, along with what looked like
half a can of wet food. On my rag rug of course, which is hard to clean.
It was gross! About 95% cat food and 5% hairball.

--
Joyce ^..^