PDA

View Full Version : Boyfrend does on Otis

Christina Websell
July 3rd 09, 07:59 PM
From: "Adrian" >
Subject: Re: Boyfriend does an Otis
Date: 01 July 2009 16:39

> When I got up and opened the back door he rushed inside. I told him
> very firmly that he must not wake me in the night, as it's meowmie
> who gets him the money for toonas and she cannot do it if he wakes
> her by being a greedyboy.
> It's not a punishment for him to be put in the conservatory, it's
> just to make him realise that he will not be fed if he wakes me 4 a.m.
> If I *had* fed him at 4 a.m. it would have reinforced his idea that
> it's OK to wake me up to feed him, which it isn't. Instead he had a
> negative experience and I doubt he will do it again.
> Let's see what happens tomorrow. Will he wake me at 4 a.m for
> breakfast? I don't think he will.
> Let's start a book, who thinks he will and who thinks he won't.
> Would be interesting to see who would had let their cat get away with
> it.
> Tweed

He might let you sleep in 'till 4:30 tomorrow. <eg>
----------

I feel reasonably certain that my firm tone because of his ridiculous idea
for a 4 a.m. feed will do the trick as he was not rewarded by getting one.
He does so not need to eat at 4 am. He has wet breakfast, dry tea and wet
supper. Plenty. The boy is greedy.
And he will not be fed at 4 am, he'd better get used to that,

July 4th 09, 08:28 PM
On Jul 3, 11:59*am, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

> And he will not be fed at 4 am, he'd better get used to that,-

I do mixed wet/dry breakfast, wet supper,wet/dry dinner before I go to
bed, At the weekends I put a little extra down at night 'cos I plan a
lie in the next day and I don;t seem to have a problem-in the week
they both expect to be fed about 7.00am for the first feed but as I'm
up for work not a major problem.....at weekends because I put a little
extra down they seem to understand not to wake me up early..belive me
nothing disturbs me on a Saturdat/Sunday morning!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Christina Websell
July 4th 09, 10:23 PM
> wrote in message
On Jul 3, 11:59 am, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

> And he will not be fed at 4 am, he'd better get used to that,-

I do mixed wet/dry breakfast, wet supper,wet/dry dinner before I go to
bed, At the weekends I put a little extra down at night 'cos I plan a
lie in the next day and I don;t seem to have a problem-in the week
they both expect to be fed about 7.00am for the first feed but as I'm
up for work not a major problem.....at weekends because I put a little
extra down they seem to understand not to wake me up early..belive me
nothing disturbs me on a Saturdat/Sunday morning!

He did try it again this morning at 7. It's better than 4 a.m, I suppose.
I got up and put him in the kitchen and shut the door on him.
It will be me who decides when he has his breakfast, not him. It was
Saturday and I don't get up before 9 at the weekend. He knows that. He's
just being a nuisance. Claiming he is starving and he has has to get me up
out of bed to feed him.
He is not starving at all, he has plenty to eat, he's just greedy. He has
wet food in the morning and at 5 he has quite a lot of dry and at 9-10 pm
he gets another pouch of wet.
I think it's enough.

Tweed