PDA

View Full Version : Bulimic kittens?

Lesley
July 4th 09, 05:11 PM
I suspect the heat but someone (or judging by the size of the pile
both of them) has left enormous piles of sick in the hallway twice in
5 nights on both occasions where one (or both the first time) Hoomin
has stood in it (in barefeet as well!)

I suspect Sarsi - she's got a longer coat than Dunzi and she hates the
heat so she's grooming like mad to cool down and possibly causing
furballs. She's a lot happier since Dave finally got hot enough that
he couldn't wait for the weekend for me to dust the fan off and did it
himself Thursday. At the moment, she is crashed out on top of the
printer in the living room right next to the fan- Dave tells me she
hardly moved from there yesterday.

Dunzi meantime is crashed out on the windowsill. In this weather they
don't move much until about 4-5.00am when it's cool enough to have a
good attack of the zoomies!

I still remember a couple of years ago in hot weather when I was woken
by Dave yelping and before I could really do anything I was yelping as
well...

"Bloody cat just bounced off my head!" I said

Dave said "You got problems? Cat just bounced off my testicles" (Only
he didn't say "testicles")

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Marina
July 5th 09, 03:39 AM
Lesley wrote:
> I suspect the heat but someone (or judging by the size of the pile
> both of them) has left enormous piles of sick in the hallway twice in
> 5 nights on both occasions where one (or both the first time) Hoomin
> has stood in it (in barefeet as well!)

This is why I started wearing slippers at all times at home, many years
ago. M&C don't puke so often, but Nikki was a champion. She had longer
hair than Frank, so she had many more hairballs. She also liked to throw
food around, and if I gave the cats some Baltic herring for their
dinner, I could always expect one or two half-eaten herrings to find
their way around the flat. I don't know why she felt the need to carry
them around before eating half of them. After stepping on half-eaten
herrings and bits of gooshyfood enough times in my bare feet, I started
to wear slippers at home. Bare feet have to wait til the island.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

July 5th 09, 06:41 PM
On Jul 4, 7:39*pm, Marina > wrote:

> This is why I started wearing slippers at all times at home,

Next time I'm near a shoe shop I think I'll buy slippers- thanks for
the tip!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Jofirey
July 5th 09, 07:50 PM
On Jul 4, 7:39 pm, Marina > wrote:

> This is why I started wearing slippers at all times at home,

Next time I'm near a shoe shop I think I'll buy slippers- thanks for
the tip!

Lesley

Your choice of course, but do consider which is quicker and easier
to wash and dry, a slipper or your foot?

Jo