PDA

View Full Version : Cat-Sitting - a Slight Miscommunication Again (semi-OT)

jmcquown[_2_]
July 5th 09, 04:58 PM
My neighbor Lynn asked me to look after her two adorable black kitties again
while she spent the weekend with her daughter. Not a problem, they are
lovely cats especially when they come inside when I ask them to. This time
she assured me she has plenty of food (she does) and kitty-litter (she
does). And she said it's been so terribly hot here they don't want to go
out for more than a couple of hours in the early morning.

She's had another friend tending to her *outdoor* potted plants any time
she's been away. But that friend was supposed to leave to go out of town
this morning (Sunday, 7/5) so she asked if I'd mind doing that. Of course I
don't mind; I'm no gardener but I'm pretty sure can water plants :) She
gave me the full tour the day before she left. She has a beautifully
landscaped yard so I never realized how much of it is "potted plants", i.e.
hanging baskets, windowboxes, flowering plants in pots all around the place.

I went over this morning to take over my new duties. I watered all the
plants, fed the cats, scooped the litter box. I played with the kitties for
a bit and got nice headbutts and some friendly chatter :) The automated
sprinkler system for the lawn and in-ground plants was running. Schwartzie
and Fedders looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if they wanted to go
outside. It was "raining" on their patios! LOL So I went over about an
hour later to see if the cats wanted out.

I found her other friend over there watering the hanging/baskets/potted
plants again! Oh, hi! I already did that. Turns out the friend doesn't
know if she's going out of town after all and she wasn't sure anyone else
would water the plants. I would have thought Lynn had told her I was going
to take over watering duties today. It's been so hot here I don't think it
will hurt the plants to have been watered twice in one morning.

I do I think it's important to maintain lines of communication when you have
two people tending to what has now turned into over-lapping duties. Don't
you?

Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was only
out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and head back
towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find him staring
wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks like they're both
inside for the day :)

Jill

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 5th 09, 05:04 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> My neighbor Lynn asked me to look after her two adorable black kitties
> again while she spent the weekend with her daughter. Not a problem, they
> are lovely cats especially when they come inside when I ask them to. This
> time she assured me she has plenty of food (she does) and kitty-litter
> (she does). And she said it's been so terribly hot here they don't want
> to go out for more than a couple of hours in the early morning.
>
> She's had another friend tending to her *outdoor* potted plants any time
> she's been away. But that friend was supposed to leave to go out of town
> this morning (Sunday, 7/5) so she asked if I'd mind doing that. Of course
> I don't mind; I'm no gardener but I'm pretty sure can water plants :) She
> gave me the full tour the day before she left. She has a beautifully
> landscaped yard so I never realized how much of it is "potted plants",
> i.e. hanging baskets, windowboxes, flowering plants in pots all around the
> place.
>
> I went over this morning to take over my new duties. I watered all the
> plants, fed the cats, scooped the litter box. I played with the kitties
> for a bit and got nice headbutts and some friendly chatter :) The
> automated sprinkler system for the lawn and in-ground plants was running.
> Schwartzie and Fedders looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if they
> wanted to go outside. It was "raining" on their patios! LOL So I went
> over about an hour later to see if the cats wanted out.
>
> I found her other friend over there watering the hanging/baskets/potted
> plants again! Oh, hi! I already did that. Turns out the friend doesn't
> know if she's going out of town after all and she wasn't sure anyone else
> would water the plants. I would have thought Lynn had told her I was
> going to take over watering duties today. It's been so hot here I don't
> think it will hurt the plants to have been watered twice in one morning.
>
> I do I think it's important to maintain lines of communication when you
> have two people tending to what has now turned into over-lapping duties.
> Don't you?
>
> Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was only
> out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and head
> back towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find him
> staring wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks like
> they're both inside for the day :)
>
> Jill

Schwartzie and Fedders are very cute names.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

jmcquown[_2_]
July 5th 09, 05:42 PM
"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was only
>> out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and head
>> back towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find him
>> staring wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks like
>> they're both inside for the day :)
>>
>> Jill
>

> Schwartzie and Fedders are very cute names.
>
> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

She once told me what their names mean (the names are German) but then I'm
terrible with names, much less translations of names from a language I'm not
familiar with.

Jill

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 5th 09, 06:07 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was
>>> only out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and
>>> head back towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find
>>> him staring wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks
>>> like they're both inside for the day :)
>>>
>>> Jill
>>

>> Schwartzie and Fedders are very cute names.
>>
>> --
>> Theresa and Dante
>>
>> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
>>

> She once told me what their names mean (the names are German) but then I'm
> terrible with names, much less translations of names from a language I'm
> not familiar with.
>
> Jill

Well, Schwarzie is just "Blackie," but it sounds cuter. No idea what
Fedders is, besides a make of air conditioner.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

William Hamblen[_2_]
July 5th 09, 06:28 PM
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:42:16 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>She once told me what their names mean (the names are German) but then I'm
>terrible with names, much less translations of names from a language I'm not
>familiar with.

Sort of pidgin German. Blackie and Feathers.

Bud