PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat have a theme song?

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 5th 09, 05:55 PM
If cats had theme songs . . .
Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."

What's your cat's theme song?

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

tanadashoes
July 5th 09, 08:45 PM
"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...

> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?

Pine Cone's would be the theme from "The Pirates of the Caribbean"
Merlin's would "I got you, Babe" or "Everybody Must Get Stoned"
Sonya and Huey's would be "Goin' To Jackson"
QC's would be "Summer Place"
Tanada's would be "Hallelujah"
Miss Calico Girls would be "Barbie Girl"

Jack Campin - bogus address
July 5th 09, 09:36 PM
> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?

I think Splodge (on my lap as I write this) would like the "Promenade"
theme from Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition". Splodge doesn't
often go anywhere in a hurry.

Courtney would like something by John Zorn.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

MatSav
July 5th 09, 11:06 PM
tanadashoes wrote:
> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > If cats had theme songs . . .
> > Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
> >
> > What's your cat's theme song?
> >

> Pine Cone's would be the theme from "The Pirates of the
> Caribbean"...

I heard a story last Thursday that warms the heart. A friend of
mine has a young child in hospital with a serious condition - and
is being treated at a well-known (in the UK) children's hospital,
Great Ormond Street. Kids need cheering up - so they often get
visitors in costumes, like clowns. What they also get is someone
dressed like a pirate. A very famous pirate - Cap'n Jack Sparrow.
Johnny Depp himself! I think it cheered up the parents more than
the child, who didn't seem to know who he was :-)

--
MatSav

Jofirey
July 5th 09, 11:09 PM
"MatSav" <matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot |
com> wrote in message
> tanadashoes wrote:
>> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
>> m...
>> >
>> > If cats had theme songs . . .
>> > Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>> >
>> > What's your cat's theme song?
>> >

>> Pine Cone's would be the theme from "The Pirates of the
>> Caribbean"...
>
> I heard a story last Thursday that warms the heart. A friend of
> mine has a young child in hospital with a serious condition - and
> is being treated at a well-known (in the UK) children's hospital,
> Great Ormond Street. Kids need cheering up - so they often get
> visitors in costumes, like clowns. What they also get is someone
> dressed like a pirate. A very famous pirate - Cap'n Jack Sparrow.
> Johnny Depp himself! I think it cheered up the parents more than
> the child, who didn't seem to know who he was :-)
>
> --
> MatSav

And I didn't think I could like that man any more than I already
did.

I've had a crush on him since 21 Jump Street Days and continue to
think more of him both as an actor and a person.

Jo

Jofirey
July 5th 09, 11:10 PM
"tanadashoes" > wrote in message
m...

> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> If cats had theme songs . . .
>> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>>
>> What's your cat's theme song?
>>

> Pine Cone's would be the theme from "The Pirates of the Caribbean"
> Merlin's would "I got you, Babe" or "Everybody Must Get Stoned"
> Sonya and Huey's would be "Goin' To Jackson"
> QC's would be "Summer Place"
> Tanada's would be "Hallelujah"
> Miss Calico Girls would be "Barbie Girl"

Calico's are sort of the blondes of the cat world aren't they?

We have another Calico across the street that resembles Molly so
much that at a distance they are hard to tell apart. Only Molly 2
wears a collar and a tag.

Jo

MatSav
July 5th 09, 11:38 PM
Jofirey wrote:
> "MatSav" <matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot
> |
> com> wrote in message
> > tanadashoes wrote:
> > > "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > m...

> > > Pine Cone's would be the theme from "The Pirates of the
> > > Caribbean"...
> >
> > I heard a story last Thursday that warms the heart. A friend
> > of
> > mine has a young child in hospital with a serious condition -
> > and
> > is being treated at a well-known (in the UK) children's
> > hospital,
> > Great Ormond Street. Kids need cheering up - so they often
> > get
> > visitors in costumes, like clowns. What they also get is
> > someone
> > dressed like a pirate. A very famous pirate - Cap'n Jack
> > Sparrow.
> > Johnny Depp himself! I think it cheered up the parents more
> > than
> > the child, who didn't seem to know who he was :-)
> >
> > --
> > MatSav
> >
> And I didn't think I could like that man any more than I
> already
> did.
>
> I've had a crush on him since 21 Jump Street Days and continue
> think more of him both as an actor and a person.

I didn't know the story made the newspapers:

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelondonpaper/celebrity/the-buzz-in-london/johnny-depp-makes-surprise-visit-to-great-ormond-street-

And here's why he visits:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-508227/Johnny-Depps-1m-gift-Great-Ormond-Street-hospital-saved-daughters-life.html

--
MatSav

Will in New Haven
July 6th 09, 12:37 AM
On Jul 5, 12:55*pm, "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?

Feather (RB) had Willie Nelson's "Night Life" because he was always
awake when I woke up in the middle of the night. He would cuddle with
me until I fell asleep and then go about his lawful pursuits.

Winnie (RB) would probably like Grace Slick's version of "Triad."

I think Maggy May would have "Songbird" as sung by Christine Perfect
McVie of Fleetwood Mac. The song expresses such love and could be sung
to a child or a friend, as well as to ones romantic interest.

Sunrise would have Eric Clapton playing and singing "Beautiful
Tonight" to her.

Missy would sing all the versions of "Sam Hall" beclaws she hates us
one and all.

--
Will in New Haven

Granby
July 6th 09, 12:40 AM
Willow's would be theme from Swan Lake which she would dance to around the
rim of her fishtank.

Have to think a bit about the other two.
"Jack Campin - bogus address" > wrote in message
>> If cats had theme songs . . .
>> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>>
>> What's your cat's theme song?
>
> I think Splodge (on my lap as I write this) would like the "Promenade"
> theme from Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition". Splodge doesn't
> often go anywhere in a hurry.
>
> Courtney would like something by John Zorn.
>
> ==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk>
> ====
> Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739
> 557
> CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic
> fonts
> ****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted
> ******

Granby
July 6th 09, 12:52 AM
O T's would be Rock around the lock, that is what he seems to do.

Piglet's would Unchained Melody. I play that around bedtime and she comes
running and jumps on the pillow.
"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...

> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?
>

> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Will in New Haven
July 6th 09, 01:06 AM
On Jul 5, 7:52*pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> O T's would be Rock around the lock, that is what he seems to do.
>
> Piglet's would *Unchained Melody. *I play that around bedtime and she comes
> running and jumps on the pillow."Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message

I left out Wascal because he doesn't live here but he's a country cat.
Ex barn-cat and all. So his theme song is "Amarillo by Morning."

--
Will in New Haven

tanadashoes
July 6th 09, 04:53 AM
"MatSav" <matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com> wrote
in message ...

> I heard a story last Thursday that warms the heart. A friend of mine has a
> young child in hospital with a serious condition - and is being treated at
> a well-known (in the UK) children's hospital, Great Ormond Street. Kids
> need cheering up - so they often get visitors in costumes, like clowns.
> What they also get is someone dressed like a pirate. A very famous
> pirate - Cap'n Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp himself! I think it cheered up
> the parents more than the child, who didn't seem to know who he was :-)

I saw a picture of Johnny Depp autographing a program for a little girl at a
premier. He honestly seems to care about the little ones.

Pam S. charmed with JD

Matthew[_3_]
July 6th 09, 05:11 AM
I think all mine follow the song Danger zone by Kenny Loggins and I am not
sure who sings it the Song is I am so excited

"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...

> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?
>

> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Karla
July 6th 09, 05:32 AM
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Willow's would be theme from Swan Lake which she would dance to around the
> rim of her fishtank.

I get the biggest kick out of Willow and her fishtank. It's sort of like a
penthouse apartment.

Sneaker has taken up laying in the middle of the hallway which leads to the
bedroom and bathroom. If it weren't for his white paws he would have been
stepped on more than once. He is foolishly trusting though, that I will
step over him every time. He is more sure of this than I.

Sister likes to lay on my printer. The other day I had the cover off the
computer and she layed down on the printer and stuck her tail into the CPU
fan.

Mia likes to lay wherever she can get a good bite out of one of my
houseplants when she's feeling peckish.
Karla

Granby
July 6th 09, 05:53 AM
I have given up on ever having fish. Willow had taken all her toys in
there. She surveys her kingdom whenever she wishes. O T got in the cabnit
the other day and they were trying to play through the glass on the bottom
of the tank. I notice willow has now pulled the blanket she lays on over
the space where he can see her. There was a lot of fireworks and the other
two cats got very adgitated. Not Willow, she just laid in her space and
looked out. I hope nothing ever scares her there,
"Karla" > wrote in message

> "Granby" > wrote in message
>> Willow's would be theme from Swan Lake which she would dance to around
>> the rim of her fishtank.
>>

> I get the biggest kick out of Willow and her fishtank. It's sort of like
> a penthouse apartment.
>
> Sneaker has taken up laying in the middle of the hallway which leads to
> the bedroom and bathroom. If it weren't for his white paws he would have
> been stepped on more than once. He is foolishly trusting though, that I
> will step over him every time. He is more sure of this than I.
>
> Sister likes to lay on my printer. The other day I had the cover off the
> computer and she layed down on the printer and stuck her tail into the CPU
> fan.
>
> Mia likes to lay wherever she can get a good bite out of one of my
> houseplants when she's feeling peckish.
> Karla

Marina
July 6th 09, 06:51 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:

> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?

Caliban's would obviously have to be Eat It! but what Miranda's is she
isn't telling. I can imagine her chilling out to Miles Davis.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 6th 09, 03:20 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> Kreisleriana wrote:
>>
>> If cats had theme songs . . .
>> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>>
>> What's your cat's theme song?
>
> Caliban's would obviously have to be Eat It! but what Miranda's is she
> isn't telling. I can imagine her chilling out to Miles Davis.

Caliban's would have to be something by Weird Al.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Magic Mood Jeep
July 6th 09, 05:44 PM
"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...

> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?
>

> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Mine don't have pre-existing theme songs, but ones that we make up (or
have taken the tune from another song and made up our own lyrics to them).
Take for example, Bam-Bam - his song is sung to the tune of Chitty-Chitty
Bang-Bang (I might add I started singing this to him while he was a
kitten, but now he's all grown up, it doesn't really 'fit' him any more,
but he will still answer to it if I sing it)

Itty-bitty Bam-Bam
Itty-bitty Bam-Bam
Itty-bitty Bam-Bam we love you
Soft and fuzzy, cute and cuddly,
Itty-bitty Bam-Bam we love you!

Another one for Bam-Bam is just repeating his name to the tune of the them
music from the Fox animated sit-com "King of the Hill"

And Weeble (sung to the dreadel song):

WeebleWeebleWeeble, we found you in the yard
WeebleWeebleWeeble, just like a fuzzy turd (or loved with all my heart)
WeebleWeebleWeeble, you're fuzzy and you're cute
WeebleWeebleWeeble, your head is full of poop!

And Betty, who is only seen at the food dish or zipping through a room,
has been adopted by the Mazda car commercial mantra:

zoom-zoom-zoom (zoomzoom)

--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

BfloPolska
July 6th 09, 05:48 PM
On Jul 5, 12:55*pm, "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?

Stosh: "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night"
Roxie: "Pretty Young Thing"
Brandy: "I Want Candy"
Sabrina: "Pistol Packin' Mama"
China-Doll: "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"
Philip: "Everybody Must Get Stoned"

Stosh and Brandy have a vast preference for hard rock; Roxie likes
classical and soft rock; Sabrina likes the Beatles and the Monkees and
China is a Frank Sinatra fan. I am very certain that Philip is a
Deadhead.

Blessed be,.
Baha

Stormmee
July 6th 09, 06:25 PM
given his history and age i would have thought "I don't need your rocking
chair by george Jones", Lee
"Will in New Haven" > wrote in message
On Jul 5, 7:52 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> O T's would be Rock around the lock, that is what he seems to do.
>
> Piglet's would Unchained Melody. I play that around bedtime and she comes
> running and jumps on the pillow."Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net>
> wrote in message

I left out Wascal because he doesn't live here but he's a country cat.
Ex barn-cat and all. So his theme song is "Amarillo by Morning."

--
Will in New Haven

Stormmee
July 6th 09, 06:31 PM
Tiger-- eat drink and be merry
Trudi-- all i want is aroom somewhere
TV no theme song, that would take too much energy.
OEJ, the bitch is back because of the line"ican bitch, bitch better than you
Chester the barnie theme
Stormmee You ain't woman enuf to take my man--in relation to DH
Barbi- silence is golden
MH- theme from hair
"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...

> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?
>

> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Will in New Haven
July 6th 09, 06:34 PM
On Jul 6, 1:25*pm, "Stormmee" > wrote:
> given his history and age i would have thought "I don't need your rocking
> chair by george Jones", Lee

That would be another good one. He's actually been well cared-for but
somehow I get "King of the Road" vibes from hiim. On the other hand,
his biggest friendships have been with two d*gs, so if there is a
sentimental song about "old shep" out there, he might want to adopt
that.

--
Will in New Haven

> "Will in New Haven" > wrote in ...
> On Jul 5, 7:52 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
>
> > O T's would be Rock around the lock, that is what he seems to do.
>
> > Piglet's would Unchained Melody. I play that around bedtime and she comes
> > running and jumps on the pillow."Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net>
> > wrote in message
>
> I left out Wascal because he doesn't live here but he's a country cat.
> Ex barn-cat and all. So his theme song is "Amarillo by Morning."
>
> --
> Will in New Haven

BfloPolska
July 6th 09, 08:06 PM
On Jul 6, 12:44*pm, "Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote:
> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
>
> m...
>

> > If cats had theme songs . . .
> > Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> > What's your cat's theme song?
>
> > --
> > Theresa and Dante
>
> > Stinky Forever:http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
>
> Mine don't have pre-existing theme songs, but ones that we make up (or
> have taken the tune from another song and made up our own lyrics to them)..

ah, Kitty Ditties. Louie and I do this too. Because Roxie loves the
original Iron Chef show we sing her one to its theme, which can also
be found in "Backdraft."

Roxie-Roxie-Roxie! She's our pretty girl!
Roxie-Roxie-Roxie! She's the queen!
She's our beauty, she is our girl,
We love our Girl-our Girl-Our Girl!
Meow-meow-meow! Meow-meow-meow-meow-meow!
Pretty pretty girl! Roxie Girl!

For China, we ended up ripping off Barenaked Ladies:

Chicketty-China, the Chinese Kitten,
Mama has a handful of Chinese Kitten,
Sqirmy squirrely littel China kitty,
Sitting pretty,
Then she gets tangled in my hair.

We ad-lib a lot. And sing karaoke. Kitty-oke.

Blessed be,
Baha

July 6th 09, 08:07 PM
Magic wrote:

> And Weeble (sung to the dreadel song):

> WeebleWeebleWeeble, we found you in the yard
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, just like a fuzzy turd (or loved with all my heart)
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, you're fuzzy and you're cute
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, your head is full of poop!

What is it about that dreidel song? I always use that one for my cats,
too.

There's this song, probably pretty obscure since nobody I know seems
to have heard of it, called "Kitty Ditty". The chorus goes:

Kitty, oh my kitty, oh my kitty cat
Kitty, oh my kitty, oh my kitty cat
She's my kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty cat
Kitty, oh my kitty, oh my kitty cat

If it were in the key of C, the melody would go:

g g e e c c a a G e d
f f d d b b G G a b c
(g e) g g e e c c a a G e d
f f d d b b G G a b c

(Upper-case G is one octave below the lower-case g's.)

Anyway, you get the idea. It's very sing-songy. None of my cats
have escaped having their name used in this tune.

Individualized songs are "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix and "Mickey" by
Toni Basil. I'm sure you can guess which cat gets which song. :)

--
Joyce ^..^

tanadashoes
July 6th 09, 08:27 PM
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> If cats had theme songs . . .
>> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>>
>> What's your cat's theme song?
>>

>> --
>> Theresa and Dante
>>
>> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
>>

> Mine don't have pre-existing theme songs, but ones that we make up (or
> have taken the tune from another song and made up our own lyrics to them).
> Take for example, Bam-Bam - his song is sung to the tune of Chitty-Chitty
> Bang-Bang (I might add I started singing this to him while he was a
> kitten, but now he's all grown up, it doesn't really 'fit' him any more,
> but he will still answer to it if I sing it)
>
> Itty-bitty Bam-Bam
> Itty-bitty Bam-Bam
> Itty-bitty Bam-Bam we love you
> Soft and fuzzy, cute and cuddly,
> Itty-bitty Bam-Bam we love you!
>
> Another one for Bam-Bam is just repeating his name to the tune of the them
> music from the Fox animated sit-com "King of the Hill"
>
> And Weeble (sung to the dreadel song):
>
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, we found you in the yard
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, just like a fuzzy turd (or loved with all my heart)
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, you're fuzzy and you're cute
> WeebleWeebleWeeble, your head is full of poop!
>
> And Betty, who is only seen at the food dish or zipping through a room,
> has been adopted by the Mazda car commercial mantra:
>
> zoom-zoom-zoom (zoomzoom)

Do you know if you take the song "All The Girls I've Loved Before" and
exchange the word Cats for Girls, the song is not only just as good but
more interesting? Try it, I do it to the owners whenever the song comes up
on my mp3 player.

Pam S.

Will in New Haven
July 6th 09, 08:42 PM
On Jul 6, 3:27*pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:
> "Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in ...
>

> > "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> m...
>
> >> If cats had theme songs . . .
> >> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> >> What's your cat's theme song?
>
> >> --
> >> Theresa and Dante
>
> >> Stinky Forever:http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
>
> > Mine don't have pre-existing theme songs, but ones that we make up (or
> > have taken the tune from another song and made up our own lyrics to them).
> > Take for example, Bam-Bam - his song is sung to the tune of Chitty-Chitty
> > Bang-Bang (I might add I started singing this to him while he was a
> > kitten, but now he's all grown up, it doesn't really 'fit' him any more,
> > but he will still answer to it if I sing it)
>
> > Itty-bitty Bam-Bam
> > Itty-bitty Bam-Bam
> > Itty-bitty Bam-Bam we love you
> > Soft and fuzzy, cute and cuddly,
> > Itty-bitty Bam-Bam we love you!
>
> > Another one for Bam-Bam is just repeating his name to the tune of the them
> > music from the Fox animated sit-com "King of the Hill"
>
> > And Weeble (sung to the dreadel song):
>
> > WeebleWeebleWeeble, we found you in the yard
> > WeebleWeebleWeeble, just like a fuzzy turd (or loved with all my heart)
> > WeebleWeebleWeeble, you're fuzzy and you're cute
> > WeebleWeebleWeeble, your head is full of poop!
>
> > And Betty, who is only seen at the food dish or zipping through a room,
> > has been adopted by the Mazda car commercial mantra:
>
> > zoom-zoom-zoom (zoomzoom)
>
> Do you know if you take the song "All The Girls I've Loved Before" and
> exchange the word Cats for Girls, the song is not only just as good but
> more interesting? *Try it, I do it to the owners whenever the song comes up
> on my mp3 player.

I used to sing that to Snowball (a d*g by trade) with d*gs substituted
for girls. I still miss Snowball; she liked my singing among other
fine qualities she had. Where other people would hurl invective or run
screaming, Snowball would stand there listening and wagging her tail.

With apologies to the Man in Black:

I Still miss Snowball

At my door the leaves are turning
A cold wild rain will fall
People walk by with their doggies
And I still miss Snowball

I go out on the dog park
With Bear and a tennis ball
But I find a darkened corner
'Cause I still miss Snowball

Oh, no I never got over those brown eyes
I see them every where
I miss the tail that wagged me
That all the love was there

I hope that she is happy
At that bridge where no rains fall
I'm walking Bear, a good boy
And I still miss Snowball

Oh, no I never got over those brown eyes
I see them every where
I miss the tail that wagged me
That all the love was there

I hope that she is happy
At that bridge where no rains fall
I'm walking Bear, a good boy
And I still miss Snowball

and i still miss Snowball

--
Will in New Haven

Granby
July 7th 09, 12:22 AM
I would have thought, If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
"Will in New Haven" > wrote in message
On Jul 6, 1:25 pm, "Stormmee" > wrote:
> given his history and age i would have thought "I don't need your rocking
> chair by george Jones", Lee

That would be another good one. He's actually been well cared-for but
somehow I get "King of the Road" vibes from hiim. On the other hand,
his biggest friendships have been with two d*gs, so if there is a
sentimental song about "old shep" out there, he might want to adopt
that.

--
Will in New Haven

> "Will in New Haven" > wrote in
> On Jul 5, 7:52 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
>
> > O T's would be Rock around the lock, that is what he seems to do.
>
> > Piglet's would Unchained Melody. I play that around bedtime and she
> > comes
> > running and jumps on the pillow."Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net>
> > wrote in message
>
> I left out Wascal because he doesn't live here but he's a country cat.
> Ex barn-cat and all. So his theme song is "Amarillo by Morning."
>
> --
> Will in New Haven

Granby
July 7th 09, 12:22 AM
You are right on with those.
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> Tiger-- eat drink and be merry
> Trudi-- all i want is aroom somewhere
> TV no theme song, that would take too much energy.
> OEJ, the bitch is back because of the line"ican bitch, bitch better than
> you
> Chester the barnie theme
> Stormmee You ain't woman enuf to take my man--in relation to DH
> Barbi- silence is golden
> MH- theme from hair
> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> If cats had theme songs . . .
>> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>>
>> What's your cat's theme song?
>>

>> --
>> Theresa and Dante
>>
>> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Granby
July 7th 09, 12:27 AM
I inserted Scooter's name. Thank you Will, that was lovely.
> [...]

fine qualities she had. Where other people would hurl invective or run
screaming, Snowball would stand there listening and wagging her tail.

With apologies to the Man in Black:

I Still miss Snowball

At my door the leaves are turning
A cold wild rain will fall
People walk by with their doggies
And I still miss Snowball

I go out on the dog park
With Bear and a tennis ball
But I find a darkened corner
'Cause I still miss Snowball

Oh, no I never got over those brown eyes
I see them every where
I miss the tail that wagged me
That all the love was there

I hope that she is happy
At that bridge where no rains fall
I'm walking Bear, a good boy
And I still miss Snowball

Oh, no I never got over those brown eyes

July 7th 09, 03:11 AM
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

> Mine don't have pre-existing theme songs, but ones that we make up (or
> have taken the tune from another song and made up our own lyrics to them).

Caliban has a couple of those. At mealtimes, he often gets:

Oh, he's a Food.... Hound!
(Brick House by the Commodores)

And when he is near me and gazing lovingly at me:

Hey, Mr Caliban,
Call-ee me bananas,
But I love you,
Don't you love me too?
(Banana song by Harry Belafonte)

And he just stares at me with his confuffled eyes, trying so hard to
understand what that strange lady is on about this time...

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

July 7th 09, 03:15 AM
Marina wrote:

> Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

>> Mine don't have pre-existing theme songs, but ones that we make up (or
>> have taken the tune from another song and made up our own lyrics to them).

> Caliban has a couple of those. At mealtimes, he often gets:

> Oh, he's a Food.... Hound!
> (Brick House by the Commodores)

LOL, I remember this one. :) (That is, I remember your version, as well
as the original!)

--
Joyce ^..^

Stormmee
July 7th 09, 06:11 AM
no matter how i try TV refuses to tell me what his might be... Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> You are right on with those.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> Tiger-- eat drink and be merry
>> Trudi-- all i want is aroom somewhere
>> TV no theme song, that would take too much energy.
>> OEJ, the bitch is back because of the line"ican bitch, bitch better than
>> you
>> Chester the barnie theme
>> Stormmee You ain't woman enuf to take my man--in relation to DH
>> Barbi- silence is golden
>> MH- theme from hair
>> "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
>> m...
>>>
>>> If cats had theme songs . . .
>>> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>>>
>>> What's your cat's theme song?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Theresa and Dante
>>>
>>> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Jack Campin - bogus address
July 7th 09, 12:31 PM
> There's this song, probably pretty obscure since nobody I know seems
> to have heard of it, called "Kitty Ditty". The chorus goes:
>
> Kitty, oh my kitty, oh my kitty cat
> Kitty, oh my kitty, oh my kitty cat
> She's my kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty cat
> Kitty, oh my kitty, oh my kitty cat
>
> If it were in the key of C, the melody would go:
>
> g g e e c c a a G e d
> f f d d b b G G a b c
> (g e) g g e e c c a a G e d
> f f d d b b G G a b c

Just to check that I've got the rhythm and phrasing right, is this
what you meant?

X:1
T:Kitty Ditty
M:C|
L:1/4
Q:1/2=100
K:C
g g e e|c c A A|G2 e2|d3
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
z |f f d d|B B G G|A2 B2|c3
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
g/e/|g g e e|c c A A|G2 e2|d3
w:She's my kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
z |f f d d|B B G G|A2 B2|c4|]
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

That's ABC notation - copy and paste it into the box at
http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php , ignore all
the options, click Submit, and it'll produce a staff-notation
score. Click on that and your browser should play a MIDI.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

Dan M
July 7th 09, 02:25 PM
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:31:23 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

> That's ABC notation - copy and paste it into the box at
> http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php , ignore all the options,
> click Submit, and it'll produce a staff-notation score. Click on that
> and your browser should play a MIDI.

Isn't ABC notation handy? I had never heard of it until just a few months
ago.

I had never seen that conversion page before. I've bookmarked it. Should
come in handy.

July 7th 09, 08:24 PM
Jack wrote:

> Just to check that I've got the rhythm and phrasing right, is this
> what you meant?

> X:1
> T:Kitty Ditty
> M:C|
> L:1/4
> Q:1/2=100
> K:C
> g g e e|c c A A|G2 e2|d3
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
> z |f f d d|B B G G|A2 B2|c3
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
> g/e/|g g e e|c c A A|G2 e2|d3
> w:She's my kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
> z |f f d d|B B G G|A2 B2|c4|]
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

> That's ABC notation - copy and paste it into the box at
> http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php , ignore all
> the options, click Submit, and it'll produce a staff-notation
> score. Click on that and your browser should play a MIDI.

Oh, cool - thanks! It's a bit difficult to represent music in ascii. :)

Is there a way to notate dotted notes? The melody swings a bit more
than how you have it written.

Of these:

> X:1
> T:Kitty Ditty
> M:C|
> L:1/4
> Q:1/2=100
> K:C

M = meter, K = key, and of course T = title. What do the X, L and Q
terms stand for? Does Q refer to beats per minute, maybe?
--
Joyce ^..^

July 7th 09, 08:32 PM
Jack wrote:

> That's ABC notation - copy and paste it into the box at
> http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php , ignore all
> the options, click Submit, and it'll produce a staff-notation
> score. Click on that and your browser should play a MIDI.

That is *awesome*!! I just copied your notation into the input box
and submitted it, got the score, and played the midi. Incredible!

Now I just have to find out how to do dotted notes. And what about
chords? I mean two or more notes scored to be played simultaneously,
not just putting an accompaniment chord name above the measure, like
it's done in guitar songbooks. Or is that too complicated?

--
Joyce ^..^

Jack Campin - bogus address
July 7th 09, 09:50 PM
> Is there a way to notate dotted notes? The melody swings a bit more
> than how you have it written.

Like this?

X:1
T:Kitty Cat
M:C|
L:1/4
Q:1/2=100
K:C
g>g e e|c>c A A|G3 e|d3
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
z |f>f d d|B>B G G|A3 B|c3
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
g/e/|g>g e>e|c>c A>A|G3 e|d3
w:She's my kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
z |f>f d d|B>B G G|A2 B2|c4|]
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

> Of these:
>
> > X:1
> > T:Kitty Ditty
> > M:C|
> > L:1/4
> > Q:1/2=100
> > K:C
>
> M = meter, K = key, and of course T = title. What do the X, L and Q
> terms stand for? Does Q refer to beats per minute, maybe?

X: is a reference number for when you have several tunes in a file -
it also tells the software where a new tune starts. L: says how long
a note is if you don't add a length indicator after it ("default note
length") - in this case they're quarter notes. Q: gives the tempo
(here 120 minims per minute). More at http://www.abcnotation.com .
Look on my site and you'll see a LOT of this, going back many years.
Quite a few ABC features are there because I argued that I needed them
for music I was encoding.

There are tens of thousands of ABC tune files out there, mostly folk
music but ranging from Gregorian chant to heavy metal. (It's pretty
crap for keyboard music, though).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

Jack Campin - bogus address
July 7th 09, 10:31 PM
>> That's ABC notation
> Now I just have to find out how to do dotted notes.

A>A for dah-dit, A<A for dit-dah (Scotch snap). And much more, the
abcnotation.com site covers it.

> And what about chords? I mean two or more notes scored to be played
> simultaneously, not just putting an accompaniment chord name above
> the measure, like it's done in guitar songbooks. Or is that too
> complicated?

It's been in the notation since the start: [CEG] is a C major triad.
You can also write multi-voice music - it's ideal for things like
hymn tune harmonizations. Look at the alchemical music on my site
for a rather unusual example.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

July 7th 09, 10:48 PM
Jack wrote:

>>> That's ABC notation
>> Now I just have to find out how to do dotted notes.

> A>A for dah-dit, A<A for dit-dah (Scotch snap). And much more, the
> abcnotation.com site covers it.

OK, thanks. I did do a bit of googling after posting that comment,
but so far, I haven't found an explicit set of rules anywhere. I did
find many examples of pieces of music, and from those, I can more or
less deduce what different parts of the syntax are used for. I was
hoping for something more direct, though - a basic primer on the
notation, which lists each element of regular musical notation along
with the corresponding abc notation for each one. Didn't see anything
like that on abcnotation.com, but maybe I didn't look in the right
place. I'll keep looking.

>> And what about chords?

> It's been in the notation since the start: [CEG] is a C major triad.
> You can also write multi-voice music - it's ideal for things like
> hymn tune harmonizations.

I did see that, yes. Obviously I should have investigated the site
a little more before asking questions!

Thanks for pointing me to this - I didn't know about it before now.
I've been using my own, far less sophisticated version of abc (like
what I posted yesterday for Kitty Ditty), mostly for my own uses,
such as if I get an idea for a tune while I'm at work, etc, and don't
want to forget it before I'm in a place where I can develop it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Jack Campin - bogus address
July 8th 09, 01:13 AM
And let's have one in memory of my little Muriel:

X:2
T:The Old Grey Cat
H:Scottish, 19th century
M:C|
L:1/8
Q:1/2=104
K:E Dorian
e2e2 E3 F|G>FGA BABc|d2d2 D3 E|FAdB AFED|
e2e2 E3 F|E>FGA BABc|dcBA BAGF|E4 E4 :|
B2e2 e3 d|B>def gfed|A2d2 d3 B|ABde fedf|
e2B2 g2B2|a2B2 b3 a|gfed BABd|e4 e4 :|

But Muriel was *far* too dignified to leap around
like that tune does.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

July 8th 09, 07:08 AM
Jack wrote:

> And let's have one in memory of my little Muriel:

> X:2
> T:The Old Grey Cat
> H:Scottish, 19th century
> M:C|
> L:1/8
> Q:1/2=104
> K:E Dorian
> e2e2 E3 F|G>FGA BABc|d2d2 D3 E|FAdB AFED|
> e2e2 E3 F|E>FGA BABc|dcBA BAGF|E4 E4 :|
> B2e2 e3 d|B>def gfed|A2d2 d3 B|ABde fedf|
> e2B2 g2B2|a2B2 b3 a|gfed BABd|e4 e4 :|

> But Muriel was *far* too dignified to leap around
> like that tune does.

That's a nice one. Is that the type of music you play? (Among others,
I'm sure.)

Joyce ^..^

July 8th 09, 08:17 AM
Jack wrote:

> Like this?

> X:1
> T:Kitty Cat
> M:C|
> L:1/4
> Q:1/2=100
> K:C
> g>g e e|c>c A A|G3 e|d3
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
> z |f>f d d|B>B G G|A3 B|c3
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
> g/e/|g>g e>e|c>c A>A|G3 e|d3
> w:She's my kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
> z |f>f d d|B>B G G|A2 B2|c4|]
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

No, more like this:

X:1
T:Kitty Ditty
M:C|
L:1/4
Q:1/2=80
K:C
g g/e e/ c c/ A A/|G e z/ d2 z|
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
f>f d d/ B B/ G G/ |A B z/ c z/ g>e|
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat She's my
g g/ e e/ c c/ A A/|G e z/ d2 z|
w:kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
f>f d d/ B B/ G G/|A B z/ c2|
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

This sounds perfect when I listen to it, and when I count 4 beats
for each measure as I'm listening, it sounds exactly right. But the
notation looks wrong - why did each measure end up with so many
extra notes?

--
Joyce ^..^

Jack Campin - bogus address
July 8th 09, 10:15 AM
> This sounds perfect when I listen to it, and when I count 4 beats
> for each measure as I'm listening, it sounds exactly right. But the
> notation looks wrong - why did each measure end up with so many
> extra notes?

You'd be better off notating it in 6/8, like this:

X:4
T:Kitty Ditty
M:6/8
L:1/8
Q:3/8=120
K:C
g2g e2e|c2c A2A|G2z e2z|d2z z3 |
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
f2f d2d|B2B G2G|A2z B2z|c2z g2e|
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat She's my
g2g e2e|c2c A2A|G2z e2z|d2z z3 |
w:kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
f2f d2d|B2B G2G|A2z B2z|c3 z3|]
w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

[The Old Grey Cat]
> That's a nice one. Is that the type of music you play? (Among
> others, I'm sure.)

Yep, I mostly play Scottish dance music. Though I'm off to
Romania next week for a couple of folk camps devoted to the
music and dance of the Csango Hungarian minority there (see
the travelogue on my website from last year). A lot of that
music is surprisingly similar to Scottish music - if you can
play one it isn't much of a stretch to play the other.

Romania is almost a cat-free zone, though. Some countries are
like that.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

July 8th 09, 08:17 PM
Jack wrote:

>> This sounds perfect when I listen to it, and when I count 4 beats
>> for each measure as I'm listening, it sounds exactly right. But the
>> notation looks wrong - why did each measure end up with so many
>> extra notes?

> You'd be better off notating it in 6/8, like this:

> X:4
> T:Kitty Ditty
> M:6/8
> L:1/8
> Q:3/8=120
> K:C
> g2g e2e|c2c A2A|G2z e2z|d2z z3 |
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat
> f2f d2d|B2B G2G|A2z B2z|c2z g2e|
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat She's my
> g2g e2e|c2c A2A|G2z e2z|d2z z3 |
> w:kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty, kit-ty cat
> f2f d2d|B2B G2G|A2z B2z|c3 z3|]
> w:Kit-ty, oh my kit-ty, oh my kit-ty cat

This wasn't exactly right, though. If you play each one, one
after another, you'll hear that the rhythm of the notes is slightly
different, mostly toward the end of each line.

In my head I definitely hear this as 4/4, and it's hard to hear it
in 6/8, which is fundamentally different, at least to my ears. But
I don't have much skill at transcribing music. I think my problem
with this little "ditty" (which I'm calling the "Kitty Ditty Midi" :))
had much more to do with that than with my getting the hang of abc
notation.

> Yep, I mostly play Scottish dance music. Though I'm off to
> Romania next week for a couple of folk camps devoted to the
> music and dance of the Csango Hungarian minority there (see
> the travelogue on my website from last year). A lot of that
> music is surprisingly similar to Scottish music - if you can
> play one it isn't much of a stretch to play the other.

I googled this and am listening to some of this now:
http://8tracks.com/tzniuswarrior/csng-hungarian-folk-music

I see what you mean. The music of the pipes, especially, sounds
very similar. Totally different keys/modes, though!

> Romania is almost a cat-free zone, though. Some countries are
> like that.

Odd.

--
Joyce ^..^

tanadashoes
July 8th 09, 11:17 PM
"hopitus" > wrote in message
On Jul 5, 10:55 am, "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
> If cats had theme songs . . .
> Dante's would be "Excitable Boy."
>
> What's your cat's theme song?
>
> --