PDA

View Full Version : Persia's using the steps!

jmcquown[_2_]
July 6th 09, 01:09 PM
I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia can get up
and down off the bed more easily. She checked them out then ignored them.
Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. Now that I've got them where
I'm likely to trip over them and kill myself, they're perfect! Persia's
been using them to get up and down off the bed. Good! A little less wear
and tear on the old bones... hers, not mine. I've thwacked my toe running
into the damn steps twice already. Ouch! I was making the bed.

Why don't I just move the pet steps to make the bed (you might ask)? Well
for one thing, I'm tired of moving things. I still have a house full of
boxes. The boxes move from point A to point B, get emptied and taken out
for trash pickup... and another box grows in its place. It's eerie.

Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. I just have to stop
making the bed ;)

Jill

Adrian[_2_]
July 6th 09, 02:59 PM
jmcquown wrote:
> I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia can
> get up and down off the bed more easily. She checked them out then
> ignored them. Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. Now that
> I've got them where I'm likely to trip over them and kill myself,
> they're perfect! Persia's been using them to get up and down off the
> bed. Good! A little less wear and tear on the old bones... hers,
> not mine. I've thwacked my toe running into the damn steps twice
> already. Ouch! I was making the bed.
> Why don't I just move the pet steps to make the bed (you might ask)? Well
> for one thing, I'm tired of moving things. I still have a house
> full of boxes. The boxes move from point A to point B, get emptied
> and taken out for trash pickup... and another box grows in its place.
> It's eerie.
> Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. I just have to
> stop making the bed ;)
>
> Jill

I have a chair by my bed to make it easier for Snoopy, she often sleeps on
it if I'm having a restless night. What amuses me is often she will jump
from the floor to the bed then step down onto the chair.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Will in New Haven
July 6th 09, 03:01 PM
On Jul 6, 8:09*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia can get up
> and down off the bed more easily. *She checked them out then ignored them.
> Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. *Now that I've got them where
> I'm likely to trip over them and kill myself, they're perfect! *Persia's
> been using them to get up and down off the bed. *Good! *A little less wear
> and tear on the old bones... hers, not mine. *I've thwacked my toe running
> into the damn steps twice already. *Ouch! *I was making the bed.
>
> Why don't I just move the pet steps to make the bed (you might ask)? *Well
> for one thing, I'm tired of moving things. *I still have a house full of
> boxes. *The boxes move from point A to point B, get emptied and taken out
> for trash pickup... and another box grows in its place. *It's eerie.
>
> Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. *I just have to stop
> making the bed ;)

WooToo uses a chair for steps getting on and off the bed. It is on
wheels and it sits by the bed when I'm sleeping in it and when I am
out of the room. When I am in the room I am sometimes sitting in it
and sometimes it is somewhere else in the room. Then she will "meep"
for it while standing near the bed, so I can tell she isn't meeping
for food or water, etc or standing on the bed where her stairs
_should_ be. And then I roll it over.

Of course, she can get on and off the bed purrfectly well without any
aid and she occasionally shows me that she can.

"Stop making the bed" was the first suggestion I had, by the way.

--
Will in New Haven

jmcquown[_2_]
July 6th 09, 05:59 PM
"Will in New Haven" > wrote in message
On Jul 6, 8:09 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia can get
> up
> and down off the bed more easily. She checked them out then ignored them.
> Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. Now that I've got them where
> I'm likely to trip over them and kill myself, they're perfect! Persia's
> been using them to get up and down off the bed. Good! A little less wear
> and tear on the old bones... hers, not mine. I've thwacked my toe running
> into the damn steps twice already. Ouch! I was making the bed.
>
> Why don't I just move the pet steps to make the bed (you might ask)? Well
> for one thing, I'm tired of moving things. I still have a house full of
> boxes. The boxes move from point A to point B, get emptied and taken out
> for trash pickup... and another box grows in its place. It's eerie.
>
> Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. I just have to stop
> making the bed ;)

WooToo uses a chair for steps getting on and off the bed. It is on
wheels and it sits by the bed when I'm sleeping in it and when I am
out of the room. When I am in the room I am sometimes sitting in it
and sometimes it is somewhere else in the room. Then she will "meep"
for it while standing near the bed, so I can tell she isn't meeping
for food or water, etc or standing on the bed where her stairs
_should_ be. And then I roll it over.

Of course, she can get on and off the bed purrfectly well without any
aid and she occasionally shows me that she can.

"Stop making the bed" was the first suggestion I had, by the way.

--
Will in New Haven

LOL First thing I decided when I moved here permanently was to be more
organized... that includes making the bed ;) I never used have people
coming in my apartment. Now I've got neighbors dropping by and the bedroom
is visible from the front door, living room, dining room. So, I'm trying to
get back in the habit of making the bed :)

Jill

Jofirey
July 6th 09, 06:33 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "Will in New Haven" > wrote in
> message
> On Jul 6, 8:09 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia
>> can get up
>> and down off the bed more easily. She checked them out then
>> ignored them.
>> Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. Now that I've got
>> them where
>> I'm likely to trip over them and kill myself, they're perfect!
>> Persia's
>> been using them to get up and down off the bed. Good! A little
>> less wear
>> and tear on the old bones... hers, not mine. I've thwacked my toe
>> running
>> into the damn steps twice already. Ouch! I was making the bed.
>>
>> Why don't I just move the pet steps to make the bed (you might
>> ask)? Well
>> for one thing, I'm tired of moving things. I still have a house
>> full of
>> boxes. The boxes move from point A to point B, get emptied and
>> taken out
>> for trash pickup... and another box grows in its place. It's
>> eerie.
>>
>> Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. I just have
>> to stop
>> making the bed ;)
>
> WooToo uses a chair for steps getting on and off the bed. It is on
> wheels and it sits by the bed when I'm sleeping in it and when I
> am
> out of the room. When I am in the room I am sometimes sitting in
> it
> and sometimes it is somewhere else in the room. Then she will
> "meep"
> for it while standing near the bed, so I can tell she isn't
> meeping
> for food or water, etc or standing on the bed where her stairs
> _should_ be. And then I roll it over.
>
> Of course, she can get on and off the bed purrfectly well without
> any
> aid and she occasionally shows me that she can.
>
> "Stop making the bed" was the first suggestion I had, by the way.
>
> --
> Will in New Haven
>

> LOL First thing I decided when I moved here permanently was to be
> more organized... that includes making the bed ;) I never used
> have people coming in my apartment. Now I've got neighbors
> dropping by and the bedroom is visible from the front door, living
> room, dining room. So, I'm trying to get back in the habit of
> making the bed :)
>
> Jill

When you live alone and are home alone a lot, it really is important
to try to make a habit of staying organized. And I know from my own
experience it isn't easy to do.

I know for myself that I'm going to have bouts of depression, and I
don't need to create a mess I'll feel hopeless about digging out
of.

What I try to do when I really don't feel like doing anything at
all, is make sure at the end of every day there is one thing I can
say I accomplished.

On the bad days that might just be dusted the TV screen, or wiped
the paw/nose prints off one window or glass door.

Jo

jmcquown[_2_]
July 6th 09, 07:00 PM
"Jofirey" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> "Will in New Haven" > wrote in message
>> On Jul 6, 8:09 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>> I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia can get
>>> up
>>> and down off the bed more easily. She checked them out then ignored
>>> them.
>>> Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. Now that I've got them
>>> where
>>> Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. I just have to stop
>>> making the bed ;)
>>
>> WooToo uses a chair for steps getting on and off the bed. It is on
>> wheels and it sits by the bed when I'm sleeping in it and when I am
>> out of the room. When I am in the room I am sometimes sitting in it
>> and sometimes it is somewhere else in the room. Then she will "meep"
>> for it while standing near the bed, so I can tell she isn't meeping
>> for food or water, etc or standing on the bed where her stairs
>> _should_ be. And then I roll it over.
>>
>> Of course, she can get on and off the bed purrfectly well without any
>> aid and she occasionally shows me that she can.
>>
>> "Stop making the bed" was the first suggestion I had, by the way.
>>
>> --
>> Will in New Haven
>>

>> LOL First thing I decided when I moved here permanently was to be more
>> organized... that includes making the bed ;) I never used have people
>> coming in my apartment. Now I've got neighbors dropping by and the
>> bedroom is visible from the front door, living room, dining room. So,
>> I'm trying to get back in the habit of making the bed :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> When you live alone and are home alone a lot, it really is important to
> try to make a habit of staying organized. And I know from my own
> experience it isn't easy to do.
>
> I know for myself that I'm going to have bouts of depression, and I don't
> need to create a mess I'll feel hopeless about digging out of.
>
> What I try to do when I really don't feel like doing anything at all, is
> make sure at the end of every day there is one thing I can say I
> accomplished.
>
> On the bad days that might just be dusted the TV screen, or wiped the
> paw/nose prints off one window or glass door.
>
> Jo

Exactly. I want to make sure I don't go into that downhill spiral where
things become even more overwhelming. Any little thing I can do every day,
whether it's make the bed, fold the bath towels, wash my breakfast dish
makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

Jill

Dan M
July 6th 09, 08:06 PM
When Cleo was getting old we bought a set of steps for her to use to get
up and down from our bed. She liked them and used them a lot. When she
left us for the Rainbow Bridge I had thought that we would be able to put
the steps out in the garage.

No, not yet! Sammy and Ranger are both lithe, young, athletic boy cats.
Even so, more often than not they will use the steps when they want up on
the bed. Pudgy Amelia, who could probably use the help, continues to just
jump up.

I've given up trying to understand kitty logic.

Granby
July 7th 09, 12:08 AM
I was going to suggest, don't make the bed!!!!!
"Adrian" > wrote in message
om...
> jmcquown wrote:
>> I recently posted about buying some carpeted pet steps so Persia can
>> get up and down off the bed more easily. She checked them out then
>> ignored them. Well silly me, I had them in the wrong spot. Now that
>> I've got them where I'm likely to trip over them and kill myself,
>> they're perfect! Persia's been using them to get up and down off the
>> bed. Good! A little less wear and tear on the old bones... hers,
>> not mine. I've thwacked my toe running into the damn steps twice
>> already. Ouch! I was making the bed.
>> Why don't I just move the pet steps to make the bed (you might ask)? Well
>> for one thing, I'm tired of moving things. I still have a house
>> full of boxes. The boxes move from point A to point B, get emptied
>> and taken out for trash pickup... and another box grows in its place.
>> It's eerie.
>> Anyway, Persia's happy with the steps, so I'm happy. I just have to
>> stop making the bed ;)
>>
>> Jill
>
> I have a chair by my bed to make it easier for Snoopy, she often sleeps on
> it if I'm having a restless night. What amuses me is often she will jump
> from the floor to the bed then step down onto the chair.
> --
> Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Bagheera & Shadow)
> Cats leave pawprints on your heart
> http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Will in New Haven
July 7th 09, 05:25 PM
On Jul 6, 2:00*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Jofirey" > wrote in message

> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
> >> WooToo uses a chair for steps getting on and off the bed. It is on
> >> wheels and it sits by the bed when I'm sleeping in it and when I am
> >> out of the room. When I am in the room I am sometimes sitting in it
> >> and sometimes it is somewhere else in the room. Then she will "meep"
> >> for it while standing near the bed, so I can tell she isn't meeping
> >> for food or water, etc or standing on the bed where her stairs
> >> _should_ be. And then I roll it over.
>
> >> Of course, she can get on and off the bed purrfectly well without any
> >> aid and she occasionally shows me that she can.
>
> >> "Stop making the bed" was the first suggestion I had, by the way.
>
> >> --
> >> Will in New Haven
>
> >> LOL *First thing I decided when I moved here permanently was to be more
> >> organized... that includes making the bed ;) *I never used have people
> >> coming in my apartment. *Now I've got neighbors dropping by and the
> >> bedroom is visible from the front door, living room, dining room. *So,
> >> I'm trying to get back in the habit of making the bed :)
>
> >> Jill
>
> > When you live alone and are home alone a lot, it really is important to
> > try to make a habit of staying organized. *And I know from my own
> > experience it isn't easy to do.
>
> > I know for myself that I'm going to have bouts of depression, and I don't
> > need to create *a mess I'll feel hopeless about digging out of.
>
> > What I try to do when I really don't feel like doing anything at all, is
> > make sure at the end of every day there is one thing I can say I
> > accomplished.
>
> > On the bad days that might just be dusted the TV screen, or wiped the
> > paw/nose prints off one window or glass door.
>
> > Jo
>
> Exactly. *I want to make sure I don't go into that downhill spiral where
> things become even more overwhelming. *Any little thing I can do every day,
> whether it's make the bed, fold the bath towels, wash my breakfast dish
> makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

I was told that anyone who sees my bed is in enough trouble that I
don't have to worry whether it is made or not. I lived with the person
who said this for five years so she has license to say whatever she
wants. Or thinks she does.

--
Will in New Haven