PDA

View Full Version : (OT) And the vultures descend...

jmcquown[_2_]
July 6th 09, 02:01 PM
I had a bookmark to a video of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean" video from
1983. Not the staged one, one he did live. It's no longer available for
viewing because, according to YouTube, it's subject to a "claim" by West
Grand Media.

Who the hell ever heard of West Grand Media? Oh wait, that's the point! We
want to be known!

It was a live concert. These days anyone with a cell phone that had a
camera could have gotten the same shots. And I'm pretty sure if they were
hired to tape it in 1983 they already got paid for it. Vultures like this
tick me off.

Jill

Bobble[_6_]
July 6th 09, 04:47 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> I had a bookmark to a video of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean" video
> from 1983. Not the staged one, one he did live. It's no longer
> available for viewing because, according to YouTube, it's subject to a
> "claim" by West Grand Media.
>
> Who the hell ever heard of West Grand Media? Oh wait, that's the
> point! We want to be known!
>
> It was a live concert. These days anyone with a cell phone that had a
> camera could have gotten the same shots. And I'm pretty sure if they
> were hired to tape it in 1983 they already got paid for it. Vultures
> like this tick me off.
>
> Jill

This one is live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAJqgeeJf4

Bobble

jmcquown[_2_]
July 7th 09, 12:03 AM
"Bobble" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I had a bookmark to a video of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean" video
>> from 1983. Not the staged one, one he did live. It's no longer
>> available for viewing because, according to YouTube, it's subject to a
>> "claim" by West Grand Media.
>>
>> Who the hell ever heard of West Grand Media? Oh wait, that's the
>> point! We want to be known!
>>
>> It was a live concert. These days anyone with a cell phone that had a
>> camera could have gotten the same shots. And I'm pretty sure if they
>> were hired to tape it in 1983 they already got paid for it. Vultures
>> like this tick me off.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> This one is live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAJqgeeJf4
>
> Bobble

Thanks! I love him in that era. It's fun, makes me tap my toes and want to
dance. And trust me, I can't dance.

Jill

skeeter
July 7th 09, 01:30 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> I had a bookmark to a video of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean" video from
> 1983. Not the staged one, one he did live. It's no longer available for
> viewing because, according to YouTube, it's subject to a "claim" by West
> Grand Media.
>
> Who the hell ever heard of West Grand Media? Oh wait, that's the point!
> We want to be known!
>
> It was a live concert. These days anyone with a cell phone that had a
> camera could have gotten the same shots. And I'm pretty sure if they were
> hired to tape it in 1983 they already got paid for it. Vultures like this
> tick me off.
>
> Jill

oh this is rich. sometimes what we see in others is really flaws in
ourselves.

jmcquown[_2_]
July 8th 09, 01:03 PM
"skeeter" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> I had a bookmark to a video of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean" video from
>> 1983. Not the staged one, one he did live. It's no longer available for
>> viewing because, according to YouTube, it's subject to a "claim" by West
>> Grand Media.
>>
>> Who the hell ever heard of West Grand Media? Oh wait, that's the point!
>> We want to be known!
>>
>> It was a live concert. These days anyone with a cell phone that had a
>> camera could have gotten the same shots. And I'm pretty sure if they
>> were hired to tape it in 1983 they already got paid for it. Vultures
>> like this tick me off.
>>
>> Jill
>
> oh this is rich. sometimes what we see in others is really flaws in
> ourselves.

I have no idea what you're blethering about.

Jill