PDA

View Full Version : Shadow's purr...

Adrian[_2_]
July 9th 09, 11:22 AM
.... is getting louder. He joined me in the bathroom this morning, not
unusual, :-) and got lots of scritches as I sat on the porcelain throne. He
purred the longest and loudest I've ever heard from him. He's been indoors
for just over 14 months now and is still making subtle progress all the
time. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Stormmee
July 9th 09, 11:29 AM
isn't that subtle progress rewarding, the first time violette came on the
bed or climbed in my lap on purpose, on her own are cherished memories, Lee
"Adrian" > wrote in message
om...
> ... is getting louder. He joined me in the bathroom this morning, not
> unusual, :-) and got lots of scritches as I sat on the porcelain throne.
> He purred the longest and loudest I've ever heard from him. He's been
> indoors for just over 14 months now and is still making subtle progress
> all the time. :-)
> --
> Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Bagheera & Shadow)
> Cats leave pawprints on your heart
> http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 9th 09, 07:32 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
om...
> ... is getting louder. He joined me in the bathroom this morning, not
> unusual, :-) and got lots of scritches as I sat on the porcelain throne.
> He purred the longest and loudest I've ever heard from him. He's been
> indoors for just over 14 months now and is still making subtle progress
> all the time. :-)

This is wonderful to hear. Congratulations, and best wishes for more happy
purrs and skritches.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Marina
July 9th 09, 08:08 PM
Adrian wrote:
> ... is getting louder. He joined me in the bathroom this morning, not
> unusual, :-) and got lots of scritches as I sat on the porcelain throne. He
> purred the longest and loudest I've ever heard from him. He's been indoors
> for just over 14 months now and is still making subtle progress all the
> time. :-)

Aw, how nice. I love hearing about Shadow's baby steps.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

July 12th 09, 06:59 PM
On Jul 9, 12:08*pm, Marina > wrote:

> Aw, how nice. I love hearing about Shadow's baby steps.

Well how's this?

I always joke that when Dunzi was very little her mama cat took the
litter to one side and explained some basic facts of cat life..i.e.if
you are good, use your box, look cute etc....then you get a nice home,
regular meals etc but if you are not good...

Dunzi I swear took this lesson to heart along with her brothers and
sisters...apart from the one sister who was off playing at the
time....

So two kittens get plucked from their mum to go to this strange new
World known as my house and in a move worthy of some sort of feline
sit com...Dunzi finds she is now going to be accompanied bythe kitten
who was too busy playing to listen...i.e. Sarsi..

Dunzi always behaves on the whole (Yeah the scaffolding incident was
an aberration) like she's worried if she does something wrong she
could find herself on the streets....she's mostly a quiet and rather
shy cat who keeps herself to
herself, occasionally likes a skritchie , eats like she doesn't know
where her next meal is coming from (When she gets to the bowl before
Sarsi..after Sarsi has eaten there's not usually a lot left) if she's
not interested in a skritchie she walks away or hisses if you try to
go near her...right now she's sitting in the kitchen, watching the
World go by..

This morning I was having my Sunday lie in and a cat got on the bed
and started walking up me.....That's Sarsi normally but this cat felt
so much ;lighter so it had to be Dunzi...she plonked herself down on
me I gave her some good petting and then she rolled over to have her
tummy tickled ( a real first!) then settled down next to me , purring
madly and we both dozed off again with her stretched out on the bed
next to me...

First time she's done anything like this and she's well over 6 years
old

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs .

Marina
July 12th 09, 07:08 PM
wrote:
<snip>

> This morning I was having my Sunday lie in and a cat got on the bed
> and started walking up me.....That's Sarsi normally but this cat felt
> so much ;lighter so it had to be Dunzi...she plonked herself down on
> me I gave her some good petting and then she rolled over to have her
> tummy tickled ( a real first!) then settled down next to me , purring
> madly and we both dozed off again with her stretched out on the bed
> next to me...
>
> First time she's done anything like this and she's well over 6 years
> old

Aww, that's sweet.

In a way, I get to experience this every year. When we go out to the
island, Miranda becomes a very different cat. She doesn't want much
petting or cuddling, except at night when she comes to sleep under the
covers with me. When we get back to town, she is stand-offish for the
rest of the autumn, but then gradually, during the winter and spring,
she softens, becomes more sociable, sometimes will even sleep on my arm
like she did as a kitten. Then we go to the island again, and she
remembers she's supposed to be this wild cat who doesn't need no stoopid
hoomins. The cycle starts again.