PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't mind

Christina Websell
July 12th 09, 07:44 PM
If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared about.
Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
I will wait for one to come.

Tweed

MLB[_2_]
July 12th 09, 09:18 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared about.
> Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>

> Tweed
>

> Now, Tweedie, don't scream or holler, but I'm wishing you a litter of kittens! I promise you, it will be more fun than you can imagine.

MLB

Sherry
July 12th 09, 09:43 PM
On Jul 12, 1:44*pm, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. *I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. *He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared about.
> Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>
> Tweed

Why wait for one to show up? Put in a word with the vet who killed
KFC
or the cat in the news clip that was shared here, that the next time
the rspca decides to arbitrarily put a cat to sleep, you'll take it.

Sherry

Christina Websell
July 12th 09, 09:48 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> Christina Websell wrote:
>> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
>> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
>> used to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
>> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like
>> Boyfie did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was
>> cared about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
>> I will wait for one to come.
>>

>> Tweed
>>

>> Now, Tweedie, don't scream or holler, but I'm wishing you a litter of
>> kittens! I promise you, it will be more fun than you can imagine.

Don't be silly, Marie, I could not care for a litter of kittens. I go to
work 5 days a week.
Let an old lost cat come. Perhaps an old boy who has never been neutered and
got lost looking for girlies.
If he s ok for surgery his testosterone will get reduced.
Boyfriend was entire when he arrived here, his future would have been
fighting and wandering looking for girls.
Now I think he has a great life. His hormones don't drive him now.

Bobble[_6_]
July 12th 09, 09:50 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in
:

> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
> used to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like
> Boyfie did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was
> cared about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>

> Tweed

Que sera, sera. I'm sure fate has something in store for you. You seem to
be a cat magnet, as am I.

Bobble

Christina Websell
July 12th 09, 10:13 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
On Jul 12, 1:44 pm, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared
> about.
> Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>
> Tweed

Why wait for one to show up? Put in a word with the vet who killed
KFC
or the cat in the news clip that was shared here, that the next time
the rspca decides to arbitrarily put a cat to sleep, you'll take it.

Sorry I cannot still speak to the vet who killed KFC neither can I speak to
the RSPCA as they had a part in it. It would be a bad idea if expressed my
opinion to them.
I will not take a cat from the RSPCA unless I want vets bills for years.

Pat[_4_]
July 12th 09, 10:37 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote

| If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
| If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
| to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.

If you weren't thousands of miles away I'd be sending you a stray or three!

Cheryl P.[_2_]
July 12th 09, 11:56 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared about.
> Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.

One will show up. Or you might spot a notice from someone trying to find
a home for a cat - that's how I came across Sam. No one in the
neighbourhood he wandered into could take him, but one of the residents
posted a notice in our mutual workplace about this wandering cat that no
one wanted.

I still can't believe no one wanted such a sweet cat at Sam is, but I
didn't take their word for it; I checked the usual local places myself
and no one had reported a young tom missing at any time over the months
he'd been attempting to move into the new neighbourhood. There must have
once been people who fed and cared for him (he wasn't feral); it's their
loss if they didn't report him missing.

Cheryl

Debbie Wilson
July 13th 09, 07:48 AM
Christina Websell > wrote:

> I will wait for one to come.

I would have a sweet, very shy, feisty tortie mum here for you if you
were closer. She loves other cats and just needs someone to let her be
herself. Pity you aren't closer....

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Ginger-lyn[_2_]
July 13th 09, 08:27 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared about.
> Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>

> Tweed

Tweed, I do believe our Bridge kitties, or Bast, or both, do send us new
kitties to love. I hope your next special one shows up in that garden soon.

Ginger-lyn

Stormmee
July 14th 09, 01:14 AM
my cats took a vote, and7 8 of 8 agreed that barbi would come live with you
if boyfriend is really a gentleman, LOL, just wait a new friend will arrive,
Lee
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared
> about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>

> Tweed

Granby
July 14th 09, 02:16 AM
Glad to hear you are willing if one comes along. Patience my friend there
is one out there who needs you. Right now I would give you Willow, complete
with fishtank. She has been standing on the top and jumping at the ceiling
fan. When I figured out that was what she was doing, YES, I did turn it
off.
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get used
> to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like Boyfie
> did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared
> about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> I will wait for one to come.
>

> Tweed

Stormmee
July 14th 09, 12:21 PM
willow the adventure cat, is in sammy, ranger and harris class that one, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Glad to hear you are willing if one comes along. Patience my friend there
> is one out there who needs you. Right now I would give you Willow,
> complete with fishtank. She has been standing on the top and jumping at
> the ceiling fan. When I figured out that was what she was doing, YES, I
> did turn it off.
> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message
>> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
>> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
>> used to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
>> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like
>> Boyfie did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was
>> cared about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
>> I will wait for one to come.
>>

>> Tweed

Christina Websell
July 14th 09, 07:03 PM
"hopitus" > wrote in message
On Jul 12, 3:13 pm, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote in message

> On Jul 12, 1:44 pm, "Christina Websell"
>
> > wrote:
> > If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> > If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
> > used
> > to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
> > We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like
> > Boyfie
> > did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was cared
> > about.
> > Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
> > I will wait for one to come.
>
> > Tweed
>
> Why wait for one to show up? Put in a word with the vet who killed
> KFC
> or the cat in the news clip that was shared here, that the next time
> the rspca decides to arbitrarily put a cat to sleep, you'll take it.
>
> Sorry I cannot still speak to the vet who killed KFC neither can I speak
> the RSPCA as they had a part in it. It would be a bad idea if expressed my
> opinion to them.
> I will not take a cat from the RSPCA unless I want vets bills for years.

But...if you can ever get yourself up to seeing vet B-whatever-his-
name-is, you
might be surprised to find out who the mysterious "cat rescuer" (b.s.
IMHO)
was who hauled her over there.
Maybe what you mean (man, I hate people who analyze stuff other people
say)
and I mean this kindly....is that you are really better off *not*
knowing.
-----------------
Mr vet B claimed that although it was normal for all stray cats to be
checked in with the persons name who brought them in, unfortunately that
did not happen in KFC's case.
I will tell you why. Because he did not want to be bothered to find out
about her. He got some money from the RSPCA to put her down. He earns
quite a bit from that.

I cannot let it go yet. I still have anger about it.

Tweed

Christina Websell
July 14th 09, 07:21 PM
"Cheryl P." > wrote in message
> Christina Websell wrote:
>> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
>> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
>> used to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
>> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like
>> Boyfie did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was
>> cared about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
>> I will wait for one to come.
>
> One will show up. Or you might spot a notice from someone trying to find a
> home for a cat - that's how I came across Sam. No one in the neighbourhood
> he wandered into could take him, but one of the residents posted a notice
> in our mutual workplace about this wandering cat that no one wanted.
>
> I still can't believe no one wanted such a sweet cat at Sam is, but I
> didn't take their word for it; I checked the usual local places myself and
> no one had reported a young tom missing at any time over the months he'd
> been attempting to move into the new neighbourhood. There must have once
> been people who fed and cared for him (he wasn't feral); it's their loss
> if they didn't report him missing.

I did advertise Boyfie on local radio, and on postcards in local shops to
say "has anyone lost this cat?" No-one came forward for him.
I was fairly certain he would go to the local no-kill shelter. I did not
want 2 cats.
However..he is so beautiful, kind and charming I found it was necessary for
me to keep him.

Tweed

Christina Websell
July 14th 09, 09:43 PM
"Pat" > wrote in message
et...

> "Christina Websell" > wrote
>
> | If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
> | If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
> used
> | to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
>
> If you weren't thousands of miles away I'd be sending you a stray or
> three!

Thanks :/
There are very few strays where I live, almost none, but if one appears in
my garden like KFC & Boyfie did and it is horribly lost I will take it in.
I have one vacancy.
I could go to a cat shelter and get a couple or three. I could easily
afford to feed 3 or 4. What I cannot afford is the vet bills for them.
I have stashed enough away for vets bills for two cats. KFC & Boyfriend.
Kitty will not need hers now so I could take another one on.
I will just wait until one comes along, lost. Like Boyfie did. It will
happen at some point.

Tweed

Christina Websell
July 14th 09, 10:19 PM
"Debbie Wilson" > wrote in message
> Christina Websell > wrote:
>
>> I will wait for one to come.
>
> I would have a sweet, very shy, feisty tortie mum here for you if you
> were closer. She loves other cats and just needs someone to let her be
> herself. Pity you aren't closer....

Dammit, she could have lived in the house or the toolshed according to her
preference.

My preference is for shy cats that will love roaming about in the acres
here, Not all my land but available.

Christina Websell
July 16th 09, 07:23 PM
One day a lost cat will come along here and there is a vacancy.
I don't want to go to a cat shelter and get one as I certainly could not
choose which one deserves to live here more than another.
I will wait, one will come eventually, like both mine did. Uninvited and
unwanted, a dog person, they spotted my kind heart and moved in.

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> willow the adventure cat, is in sammy, ranger and harris class that one,
> Lee
> "Granby" > wrote in message
>> Glad to hear you are willing if one comes along. Patience my friend
>> there is one out there who needs you. Right now I would give you Willow,
>> complete with fishtank. She has been standing on the top and jumping at
>> the ceiling fan. When I figured out that was what she was doing, YES, I
>> did turn it off.
>> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message
>>> If a lost cat appeared in my garden. I have a vacancy for one cat.
>>> If it did, I would feed it outside for a while so Boyfriend would get
>>> used to seeing it - and then it would be invited inside.
>>> We do not get many strays here but eventually one will appear, like
>>> Boyfie did. He was so lost with his posh collar which suggests he was
>>> cared about. Pity they hadn't thought about neutering him.
>>> I will wait for one to come.
>>>

>>> Tweed

Stormmee
July 16th 09, 08:32 PM
most of mine just showed up and moved in, Lee