PDA

View Full Version : Health update - OT

Dan M
July 17th 09, 04:15 PM
For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
pretty well with the fight.

A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.

Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
month or two.

Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
her final affairs.

I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
remain strong.

Dan

Stormmee
July 17th 09, 04:22 PM
dan i am so very sorry, if you need anything, even if just to talk you have
email and numbers, Lee, praying for your mom, brother and you and nancy,

Lee
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.
>
> Dan

CatEyes
July 17th 09, 04:43 PM
Tender, gentle purrs are on the way. I was so sorry to read this Dan, I
know how hard it must be for your entire family!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Dan M" > wrote in message
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.
>
> Dan

Will in New Haven
July 17th 09, 05:00 PM
On Jul 17, 11:15*am, Dan M > wrote:
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.

Purrs for you and yours.

--
Will in New Haven
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again

Adrian[_2_]
July 17th 09, 05:18 PM
Dan M wrote:
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has
> done pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my
> brother, as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have
> hospice care nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her
> physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her
> again one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take
> a little extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother
> with handling her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain
> free, and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep
> going and to remain strong.
>
> Dan

Of course, purrs for all concerned.
--
Adrian

Bobble[_6_]
July 17th 09, 08:17 PM
Dan M > wrote in
:

> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has
> done pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my
> brother, as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have
> hospice care nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her
> physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her
> again one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take
> a little extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother
> with handling her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain
> free, and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep
> going and to remain strong.
>
> Dan

Purrs for you and everyone concerned during these sad and tough times
you'll all be going through.

Bobble

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
July 17th 09, 09:50 PM
Dan, I am so sorry to hear about this. Purrs and prayers sent for your mom,
Nancy, you, your brother and all those who love your family. Bless your
hearts.
Peace and love
Kyla

"Dan M"
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.
>
> Dan

Granby
July 17th 09, 10:29 PM
Dan, you have all the purrs and prayers we can do from here. I know this
part of things will be rough. Just try and keep remembering, it was her
choice. She chose not be sick every day from the chemo. She chose to end
her life the way she wanted. It won't be easy but keep trying to remember
this was her choice.
Love and prayers to you and Nancy and your brother.
Gramby and family
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.
>
> Dan

Dan M
July 17th 09, 10:46 PM
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:29:55 -0500, Granby wrote:

> Dan, you have all the purrs and prayers we can do from here. I know
> this part of things will be rough. Just try and keep remembering, it
> was her choice. She chose not be sick every day from the chemo. She
> chose to end her life the way she wanted. It won't be easy but keep
> trying to remember this was her choice.
> Love and prayers to you and Nancy and your brother. Gramby and family

Thanks for your thoughts.

I actually don't have a problem with her choice. In her place I suspect
I'd make the same choice. What would be the point of a significantly
longer life if it just meant a long time suffering?

I feel sad that I won't be able to spend time with her. But most of all I
feel bad for my brother. He's taking care of mom every day, and it's
taking a awful toll on him. I would love to go spend the remaining weeks
of mom's life there to help out, but I can't be away from work for that
long.

We're saving up to make another trip to CA soon. It will be good to see
her one more time, but most of all it will be good to take over Pat's
responsibilities for a few days so he can breathe a little.

> "Dan M" > wrote in message
>> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
>> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has
>> done pretty well with the fight.
>>
>> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
>> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
>> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
>> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my
>> brother, as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have
>> hospice care nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her
>> physical needs.
>>
>> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
>> month or two.
>>
>> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
>> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a
>> little extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with
>> handling her final affairs.
>>
>> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain
>> free, and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep
>> going and to remain strong.
>>
>> Dan

MLB[_2_]
July 18th 09, 01:53 AM
Dan M wrote:
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.
>
> Dan

Sending heartfelt purrs for your mother, you and your family in this
trying time. MLB

Granby
July 18th 09, 03:16 AM
I pray he can relax when you are there. After you do it so long, your body
just reacts and can't always relax. Just tell her you love her although I
know you already do that. See if there is anything special she wants to
eat.

My Bob said when a neighbor bought him some p-nut brittle, even though he
was diabetic, he said it was like Christmas. By that time we knew how
things were going to go so I let him stuff himself on it.

Purrs and Prayers.
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:29:55 -0500, Granby wrote:
>
>> Dan, you have all the purrs and prayers we can do from here. I know
>> this part of things will be rough. Just try and keep remembering, it
>> was her choice. She chose not be sick every day from the chemo. She
>> chose to end her life the way she wanted. It won't be easy but keep
>> trying to remember this was her choice.
>> Love and prayers to you and Nancy and your brother. Gramby and family
>
> Thanks for your thoughts.
>
> I actually don't have a problem with her choice. In her place I suspect
> I'd make the same choice. What would be the point of a significantly
> longer life if it just meant a long time suffering?
>
> I feel sad that I won't be able to spend time with her. But most of all I
> feel bad for my brother. He's taking care of mom every day, and it's
> taking a awful toll on him. I would love to go spend the remaining weeks
> of mom's life there to help out, but I can't be away from work for that
> long.
>
> We're saving up to make another trip to CA soon. It will be good to see
> her one more time, but most of all it will be good to take over Pat's
> responsibilities for a few days so he can breathe a little.
>
>> "Dan M" > wrote in message
>>> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
>>> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has
>>> done pretty well with the fight.
>>>
>>> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
>>> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
>>> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
>>> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my
>>> brother, as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have
>>> hospice care nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her
>>> physical needs.
>>>
>>> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
>>> month or two.
>>>
>>> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
>>> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a
>>> little extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with
>>> handling her final affairs.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain
>>> free, and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep
>>> going and to remain strong.
>>>
>>> Dan

July 18th 09, 02:42 PM
On Jul 17, 8:15*am, Dan M > wrote:

> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.

Puurs for your mum and you and Pat are on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Steve Touchstone[_3_]
July 19th 09, 02:13 AM
purrs on the way for you to find the time off and get to make the
trip. And of course for your Mom's time left to be as pain free as
possible, and for Pat to have the strength to help her.

On 17 Jul 2009 15:15:22 GMT, Dan M > wrote:

>For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
>fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
>pretty well with the fight.
>
>A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
>chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
>sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
>throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
>as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
>nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
>Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
>month or two.
>
>Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
>one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
>extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
>her final affairs.
>
>I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
>and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
>remain strong.
>
>Dan

bigboy
July 27th 09, 08:22 PM
On Jul 17, 11:15*am, Dan M > wrote:
> For the last few years I've been asking for purrs for my mom and her
> fight with cancer. I do appreciate the purrs you've sent, as she has done
> pretty well with the fight.
>
> A few months ago, though, things turned bad. She stopped doing her
> chemotherapy a few months ago, as everything she tried made her very
> sick. A couple of months ago she learned that the tumors had spread
> throughout her body. A couple of weeks ago she moved in with my brother,
> as she needs someone to help her with everything. They have hospice care
> nurses coming in a couple times a week to check on her physical needs.
>
> Based upon the progression of her symptoms, we figure she has another
> month or two.
>
> Nancy and I are trying to arrange to travel back to CA to see her again
> one more time. And I'm also trying to arrange with work to take a little
> extra time off when her end comes so I can help my brother with handling
> her final affairs.
>
> I would appreciate a few purrs for mom's remaining time to be pain free,
> and for my brother Pat to have the strength he needs to keep going and to
> remain strong.
>
> Dan

Many purrs and prayers on the way for you and your family.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar