PDA

View Full Version : WHY do they do it?

Lesley
July 18th 09, 03:48 PM
Sarsi was about at 5am when she used Dave as a trampoline, bapped me
until I woke up and gave her a skritchie then galloped off to play
chase with Dunzi.

I went back to sleep, woke up about 7.00 had that truly glorious
moment of realising it's Saturday but as I am a well trained cat slave
I fed the cats- we've come to an agreement about weekends, if I feed
them at the usual time they don't come and bap me until I give up and
feed them anyway but only Dunzi showed up at the dish, which struck me
as odd since Sarsi has some pig in her ancestry if her appetite is
anything to go by...Still it's Saturday morning and I am going back to
bed!

A little after 9.00- Dave utters the magic word "Coffee?" and gets up,
at weekends I get coffee in bed so I lie there, drinking my cofffee
(slowly I can't drink very hot coffee- I have to let it cool down),
planning my day ahead and waiting for Sarsi to come bounce on me and
get her weekend morning skritchie session.

Sarsi doesn't show...that's completely out of character. I ask Dave
if he;s seen her and he hasn't, I call her no answer....I look around
and I can't see her anywhere. Dunzi comes up to be skritched (after
6 years of never getting on the bed when we're in it, she did it for
the first time last week and now she's realised what she;s been
missing) but Sarsi doesn;t.

Trouble with me is a vivid imagination- why can't I find her and where
is she? I get up and search the bedroom- no sign of her nor is she on
a windowsill catching some rays. I start to have a horrible feeling,
the fact she went to bed early a couple of nights ago takes on a more
sinister angle- has she been ill? We all know how good cats are at
hiding illness...by now my imagination is imaging her crawling under
something (probably the sofa) and dying there, apply rationality she's
only 6, she was fine at 5am, don't be silly etc....But here I am
crawling all over the bedroom going "Sarsi...Sarsi". I saw how fast
Fugazi went downhill and it;s left me paranoid ever since.

Can I find her? Nope she isn't even in the wardrobe so I head to the
living room to start looking under the sofa by now half convinced all
I will find is her body even while I am still trying to be rational
and say it is highly unlikely.

"You're up early" says Dave

"I've got to find Sarsi she isn't in the bedroom"

"You do know she's right behind you don't you?"

I turn round, Sarsi looks up at me as if to say "What's the fuss all
about? Come back to bed and give me my weekend morning skritchies"

"She followed you from, the bedroom" says Dave, "She must have been
asleep in there"

But I am sure I looked everywhere!

Of course as I get back under the covers I realise my coffee is stone
cold...but who cares? Sarsi has just plonked herself on my chest and
is purring in my ear!

Settle down and let my blood pressure go back down- why do they do it?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Will in New Haven
July 18th 09, 06:51 PM

She was playing a joke on Meowmie.

--
Will in New Haven

Jofirey
July 18th 09, 06:58 PM
"Will in New Haven" > wrote in
message
On Jul 18, 10:48 am, Lesley > wrote:
> Sarsi was about at 5am when she used Dave as a trampoline, bapped
> me
> until I woke up and gave her a skritchie then galloped off to play
> chase with Dunzi.
>
> I went back to sleep, woke up about 7.00 had that truly glorious
> moment of realising it's Saturday but as I am a well trained cat
> slave
> I fed the cats- we've come to an agreement about weekends, if I
> feed
> them at the usual time they don't come and bap me until I give up
> and
> feed them anyway but only Dunzi showed up at the dish, which
> struck me
> as odd since Sarsi has some pig in her ancestry if her appetite is
> anything to go by...Still it's Saturday morning and I am going
> back to
> bed!
>
> A little after 9.00- Dave utters the magic word "Coffee?" and gets
> up,
> at weekends I get coffee in bed so I lie there, drinking my
> cofffee
> (slowly I can't drink very hot coffee- I have to let it cool
> down),
> planning my day ahead and waiting for Sarsi to come bounce on me
> and
> get her weekend morning skritchie session.
>
> Sarsi doesn't show...that's completely out of character.

The Mother Ship has sent out an advisory that slaves last longer if
they are kept in prime physical condition. Useless information
though since cats slaves are often by nature adverse to 'exercise'
and interfering with their food supply will get them started looking
at just how fluffy you are getting.

It has therefore been mandated that all masters look for new and
unusual ways to increase the slaves heart rate. Preferable with as
little stress to said masters as possible. You get extra points if
you can induce tachycardia in your slave while taking a nap
yourself.

Jo

Steve Touchstone[_3_]
July 19th 09, 02:47 AM
purrs for your BP to get back to normal shortly - and as we all know
there's nothing better for blood pressure than a purring cat.

The one around here who does that to me is Sammy. 99% of the time
she's at the door to great me when I come in from work. The other 1%
she can't be bothered and I end up remembering how she's the only one
who will dart outside if she can, and also how quickly she got weak
and unresponsive back a few years ago when she was diagnosed with a
heart murmur. So, of course, whenever she doesn't great me, I go on a
massive Sammy hunt . The hunt usually ends when she eventually comes
out of wherever she's found to nap and I turn around to find her
watching me hunt and call her.

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 07:48:01 -0700 (PDT), Lesley
> [...]

>living room to start looking under the sofa by now half convinced all
>I will find is her body even while I am still trying to be rational
>and say it is highly unlikely.
>
>"You're up early" says Dave
>
>"I've got to find Sarsi she isn't in the bedroom"
>
>"You do know she's right behind you don't you?"
>
>I turn round, Sarsi looks up at me as if to say "What's the fuss all
>about? Come back to bed and give me my weekend morning skritchies"
>
>"She followed you from, the bedroom" says Dave, "She must have been
>asleep in there"
>
>But I am sure I looked everywhere!
>
>Of course as I get back under the covers I realise my coffee is stone
>cold...but who cares? Sarsi has just plonked herself on my chest and
>is purring in my ear!
>
>Settle down and let my blood pressure go back down- why do they do it?

Karla
July 19th 09, 03:44 AM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> [...]
> living room to start looking under the sofa by now half convinced all
> I will find is her body even while I am still trying to be rational
> and say it is highly unlikely.
>
> "You're up early" says Dave
>
> "I've got to find Sarsi she isn't in the bedroom"
>
> "You do know she's right behind you don't you?"
>
> I turn round, Sarsi looks up at me as if to say "What's the fuss all
> about? Come back to bed and give me my weekend morning skritchies"
>
> "She followed you from, the bedroom" says Dave, "She must have been
> asleep in there"
>
> But I am sure I looked everywhere!
>
> Of course as I get back under the covers I realise my coffee is stone
> cold...but who cares? Sarsi has just plonked herself on my chest and
> is purring in my ear!
>
> Settle down and let my blood pressure go back down- why do they do it?

Oh that is funny! And you can bet she was enjoying every second of the
"Great Sarsi Hunt".
Karla

Granby
July 19th 09, 03:50 AM
They do it, because they can and they are cats!
"Karla" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> and say it is highly unlikely.
>>
>> "You're up early" says Dave
>>
>> "I've got to find Sarsi she isn't in the bedroom"
>>
>> "You do know she's right behind you don't you?"
>>
>> I turn round, Sarsi looks up at me as if to say "What's the fuss all
>> about? Come back to bed and give me my weekend morning skritchies"
>>
>> "She followed you from, the bedroom" says Dave, "She must have been
>> asleep in there"
>>
>> But I am sure I looked everywhere!
>>
>> Of course as I get back under the covers I realise my coffee is stone
>> cold...but who cares? Sarsi has just plonked herself on my chest and
>> is purring in my ear!
>>
>> Settle down and let my blood pressure go back down- why do they do it?
>>
>> Lesley
>>
>> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>>

> Oh that is funny! And you can bet she was enjoying every second of the

Stormmee
July 19th 09, 12:09 PM
because they can and it amuses them, one of the reason to even own a
troublesome pet like a human is besides opining the can they are mildy
amusing at times, Lee
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> [...]
> living room to start looking under the sofa by now half convinced all
> I will find is her body even while I am still trying to be rational
> and say it is highly unlikely.
>
> "You're up early" says Dave
>
> "I've got to find Sarsi she isn't in the bedroom"
>
> "You do know she's right behind you don't you?"
>
> I turn round, Sarsi looks up at me as if to say "What's the fuss all
> about? Come back to bed and give me my weekend morning skritchies"
>
> "She followed you from, the bedroom" says Dave, "She must have been
> asleep in there"
>
> But I am sure I looked everywhere!
>
> Of course as I get back under the covers I realise my coffee is stone
> cold...but who cares? Sarsi has just plonked herself on my chest and
> is purring in my ear!
>
> Settle down and let my blood pressure go back down- why do they do it?

July 19th 09, 04:35 PM
On Jul 18, 10:58*am, "Jofirey" > wrote:
*You get extra points if
> you can induce tachycardia in your slave while taking a nap
> yourself.

She defintely got the extra points!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Matthew[_3_]
July 19th 09, 06:29 PM
I wish people would understand WE ARE THEIR ENTERTAINMENT ;-)

Just like when it comes to woman I don't ask why I just go with the flow I
want to sleep at tonight ;-)