PDA

View Full Version : Kitty hero

Alphonze[_2_]
July 19th 09, 11:56 PM
We had a signal-9 typhoon on Saturday night - almost a direct hit by
tropical storm Molave. The torrential rain and gale-force winds are
fairly routine for this time of year, and typhoons are rarely a threat
to safety in Hong Kong providing you stay indoors.

Around 3am on Sunday, I was woken by Naughty who was agitated. She was
walking to-and-fro across my chest, going maaaa-oww? This is very much
out of character. If she just wants to wake me up for fun, she usually
drops off the wardrobe onto the family jewels and then leaps straight
back onto the wardrobe where I can't reach her.

*pace pace pace* "Maaaaaaaa?"

"Wassup Norts? Has Timmy fallen down the well?"

"Maaaa-owwwww?"

"It's just a typhoon."

"Moww!" *pace pace pace*

So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
her.

In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
off.

I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs away
- luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have remained
so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
accept.

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
July 20th 09, 12:26 AM
A signal-9 typhoon ?? Yeesh.
Sounds scary. Good for Naughty. Stay safe.
Purrs
Kyla

"Alphonze"
> We had a signal-9 typhoon on Saturday night - almost a direct hit by
> tropical storm Molave. The torrential rain and gale-force winds are
> fairly routine for this time of year, and typhoons are rarely a threat
> to safety in Hong Kong providing you stay indoors.
>
> Around 3am on Sunday, I was woken by Naughty who was agitated. She was
> walking to-and-fro across my chest, going maaaa-oww? This is very much
> out of character. If she just wants to wake me up for fun, she usually
> drops off the wardrobe onto the family jewels and then leaps straight
> back onto the wardrobe where I can't reach her.
>
> *pace pace pace* "Maaaaaaaa?"
>
> "Wassup Norts? Has Timmy fallen down the well?"
>
> "Maaaa-owwwww?"
>
> "It's just a typhoon."
>
> "Moww!" *pace pace pace*
>
> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
> her.
>
> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
> off.
>
> I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs away
> - luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have remained
> so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
> girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
> accept.

Winnie
July 20th 09, 01:13 AM
On Jul 19, 6:56*pm, Alphonze > wrote:
> We had a signal-9 typhoon on Saturday night - almost a direct hit by
> tropical storm Molave. The torrential rain and gale-force winds are
> fairly routine for this time of year, and typhoons are rarely a threat
> to safety in Hong Kong providing you stay indoors.
>
> Around 3am on Sunday, I was woken by Naughty who was agitated. She was
> walking to-and-fro across my chest, going maaaa-oww? This is very much
> out of character. If she just wants to wake me up for fun, she usually
> drops off the wardrobe onto the family jewels and then leaps straight
> back onto the wardrobe where I can't reach her.
>
> *pace pace pace* "Maaaaaaaa?"
>
> "Wassup Norts? Has Timmy fallen down the well?"
>
> "Maaaa-owwwww?"
>
> "It's just a typhoon."
>
> "Moww!" *pace pace pace*
>
> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
> her.
>
> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
> off.
>
> I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs away
> - luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have remained
> so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
> girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
> accept.

Signal 9 typhoon is very scary. I remember growing up with signal 10
when I lived
in Hong Kong. Can you hear and feel the wind? I take it your cats are
not scared.
There was a brief blurb about the current typhoon on the news tonight.
Hope the typhoon pass on soon.

Winnie

MLB[_2_]
July 20th 09, 01:21 AM
Alphonze wrote:
> We had a signal-9 typhoon on Saturday night - almost a direct hit by
> tropical storm Molave. The torrential rain and gale-force winds are
> fairly routine for this time of year, and typhoons are rarely a threat
> to safety in Hong Kong providing you stay indoors.
>
> Around 3am on Sunday, I was woken by Naughty who was agitated. She was
> walking to-and-fro across my chest, going maaaa-oww? This is very much
> out of character. If she just wants to wake me up for fun, she usually
> drops off the wardrobe onto the family jewels and then leaps straight
> back onto the wardrobe where I can't reach her.
>
> *pace pace pace* "Maaaaaaaa?"
>
> "Wassup Norts? Has Timmy fallen down the well?"
>
> "Maaaa-owwwww?"
>
> "It's just a typhoon."
>
> "Moww!" *pace pace pace*
>
> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
> her.
>
> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
> off.
>
> I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs away
> - luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have remained
> so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
> girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
> accept.

My Siamese (RB16) alerted me to a leaking washing machine drain (in hall
bathroom) by standing in the door and kept saying "oooh, oooh. oooh>
Aren't they precious? MLB

July 20th 09, 01:29 AM
Alphonze wrote:

> Around 3am on Sunday, I was woken by Naughty who was agitated. She was
> walking to-and-fro across my chest, going maaaa-oww? This is very much
> out of character. If she just wants to wake me up for fun, she usually
> drops off the wardrobe onto the family jewels and then leaps straight
> back onto the wardrobe where I can't reach her.

I would think her walking across your chest would be preferable to
possible castration by cat. And the latter would probably wake you up
more effectively. But I realize that isn't the point to this story.

> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
> her.

> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
> off.

> I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs away
> - luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have remained
> so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
> girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
> accept.

What a smart girl!! She definitely deserved lavish praisings and treats
for that. And why not give some to her sister, too? I'm glad nothing was
ruined!

Backup air con, wow. Your place sounds pretty high tech.

--
Joyce ^..^

tanadashoes
July 20th 09, 03:06 AM
"Alphonze" > wrote in message

> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
> her.
>
> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
> off.
>
> I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs away
> - luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have remained
> so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
> girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
> accept.

So Naughty wasn't so Norty this time. I've often wondered how you survive
Typhoons (hurricanes) in a high rise.

Pam S. pleased that Naughty is a hero

Jofirey
July 20th 09, 04:25 AM
"Alphonze" > wrote in message
> We had a signal-9 typhoon on Saturday night - almost a direct hit
> by
> tropical storm Molave. The torrential rain and gale-force winds
> are
> fairly routine for this time of year, and typhoons are rarely a
> threat
> to safety in Hong Kong providing you stay indoors.
>
> Around 3am on Sunday, I was woken by Naughty who was agitated. She
> was
> walking to-and-fro across my chest, going maaaa-oww? This is very
> much
> out of character. If she just wants to wake me up for fun, she
> usually
> drops off the wardrobe onto the family jewels and then leaps
> straight
> back onto the wardrobe where I can't reach her.
>
> *pace pace pace* "Maaaaaaaa?"
>
> "Wassup Norts? Has Timmy fallen down the well?"
>
> "Maaaa-owwwww?"
>
> "It's just a typhoon."
>
> "Moww!" *pace pace pace*
>
> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I
> followed
> her.
>
> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial
> puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I
> turned
> off.
>
> I moved the bookshelves and cabinet containing my old photographs
> away
> - luckily they were untouched by the leak, but wouldn't have
> remained
> so for long. I mopped up, switched to back-up aircon, and gave the
> girls lavish praisings and cat treats, which they were pleased to
> accept.

That is really great and really promising. She is still a very
young cat, but she still understood that something was wrong and was
able to communicate that to you.

You deserve some praise too for getting her message. Doesn't help
much if they learn how to talk if we don't learn how to listen.

Jo

Marina
July 20th 09, 06:41 PM
Alphonze skrev:
<snip>

> So I sat up. Naughty trotted through to the living room and I followed
> her.
>
> In the dark, I put my foot into something wet. All cat owners know
> this feeling. I turned on the lights and found a substantial puddle on
> the floor, and water pouring from the air-conditioner, which I turned
> off.

What a good naughty girl!

--
Marina