PDA

View Full Version : Purrs for Betty, Please (and me, too)

Magic Mood Jeep
July 22nd 09, 03:00 PM
Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.

Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
(her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
in her kitty mind.

I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Will in New Haven
July 22nd 09, 03:24 PM
On Jul 22, 10:00*am, "Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote:
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. *Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. *99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. *Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. *In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.

My sympathies and good wishes. We too have an in-house feral and
getting Missy her checkup is always an ordeal. She is actively hostile
most of the time, to humans. She gets along very well with Maggy May
(who is her mom, after all) and the other cats and extremely well with
Bear, our Lab. However, the other day my hand crossed her back as I
was pouring kibble and she _purred_ I was so shocked I nearly dropped
the bag.

On rpcc she has claimed that she was purring at the _food_

--
Will in New Haven

CatEyes
July 22nd 09, 03:32 PM
Calming purrs are headed your way for the both of you. I hope this is a
trauma-less TED visit.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Adrian[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 03:58 PM
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly
> tomorrow.
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even
> though we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and
> Bam-Bam (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there
> are occasions when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins
> and scritchins (she does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even
> rarer occasions I have been able to pick her up and give her proper
> luvins. Mostly, she seems torn between wanting (surprisingly
> sometimes seeming to ask for it) and appreciating this, and the act
> of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take
> well past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus
> just the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order
> to avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I
> think we need to make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did
> have a flea problem last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
>> ^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Jofirey
July 22nd 09, 04:06 PM
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly
> tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even
> though we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney
> and Bam-Bam (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but
> there are occasions when I can touch her, sometimes even give her
> pettins and scritchins (she does an excellent elevator-butt) - and
> on even rarer occasions I have been able to pick her up and give
> her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn between wanting
> (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and appreciating
> this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins in
> her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take
> well past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this
> treatment. Plus just the act of capturing her will be a major
> ordeal in itself. In order to avoid this, we skipped last year's
> checkup for her, but I think we need to make sure she's worm-free
> (especially since we did have a flea problem last year), and
> healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --

Molly will purr for her. She understands. Molly is pretty wild
herself, with occasional attacks of loving purring puddy tat.

Jo

Irulan
July 22nd 09, 04:13 PM
Purrs and prayers that you don't have a hard time with
Betty and that she checks out fine at TED's.

Lily & her mama

"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

--
Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 04:57 PM
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.

Purrs for all on the way.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Stormmee
July 22nd 09, 05:04 PM
good luck, start now closing doors you can close when they are cat free to
reduce hiding spots, Lee
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Joy
July 23rd 09, 12:02 AM
Purrs for both of you are on the way.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
July 23rd 09, 12:46 AM
Purrs for you both on the way. Good luck. Kyla >^..^<

"Magic Mood Jeep"
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Granby
July 23rd 09, 03:31 AM
Purrs for you both
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Granby
July 23rd 09, 04:05 AM
A purr is a purr!!!
"Will in New Haven" > wrote in message
On Jul 22, 10:00 am, "Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote:
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are occasions
> when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and scritchins (she
> does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer occasions I have been
> able to pick her up and give her proper luvins. Mostly, she seems torn
> between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming to ask for it) and
> appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of the time, hiding wins
> in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus just
> the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In order to
> avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think we need to
> make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a flea problem
> last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.

My sympathies and good wishes. We too have an in-house feral and
getting Missy her checkup is always an ordeal. She is actively hostile
most of the time, to humans. She gets along very well with Maggy May
(who is her mom, after all) and the other cats and extremely well with
Bear, our Lab. However, the other day my hand crossed her back as I
was pouring kibble and she _purred_ I was so shocked I nearly dropped
the bag.

On rpcc she has claimed that she was purring at the _food_

--
Will in New Haven

Magic Mood Jeep
July 23rd 09, 02:41 PM
Capturing her was much easier than I anticipated. She tried to hide in a
corner of the room, at the base of the cat tower, and I placed the carrier
in front of her, grabbed her with both hands (one on her shoulders, one
behind her hear) and pushed/pulled her toward the carrier. Once she
realized it was her only "escape" she went in. And then cried.

And cried.

Bam-Bam was "teasing" her as she sat there in the carrier, so I left 1/2
an hour earlier than I normally would have to give her respite from that
torture. So she cowered in the carrier the entire time at TED, even had
to disassemble it to get her out of it. I thought she had wee'd in the
carrier, as her paws were wet, but the carrier and the fake lambswool pad
in it were dry, so it looks like she drooled herself in her terror.

She is healthy, gained about a pound in the two years since we've had her
in (we didn't want to torture her this way last year, so we skipped it),
lungs sound fine, but her heart was racing like she'd been chased by a
Doberman! Teeth looked good, and she was very docile while there (more
like petrified!) and took her worming meds and shots like the big kitty
she is.

Thanks for all the purrs - now can all you cats purr for her nerves? Send
her good vibes so she will get over this awful/terrible/tragic thing that
happened to her?

"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Nothing serious, but I have made an appointment for her yearly tomorrow.
>
> Betty (Weeble's baby-twin sister) is damn near a feral cat (even though
> we've had her since she was about 4-5 weeks old and Barney and Bam-Bam
> (her littermates) are as tame as any cat can be), but there are
> occasions when I can touch her, sometimes even give her pettins and
> scritchins (she does an excellent elevator-butt) - and on even rarer
> occasions I have been able to pick her up and give her proper luvins.
> Mostly, she seems torn between wanting (surprisingly sometimes seeming
> to ask for it) and appreciating this, and the act of hiding. 99.5% of
> the time, hiding wins in her kitty mind.
>
> I dread having to capture her and taking her to TED - it will take well
> past 6 months for her to "forgive" us (me) for this treatment. Plus
> just the act of capturing her will be a major ordeal in itself. In
> order to avoid this, we skipped last year's checkup for her, but I think
> we need to make sure she's worm-free (especially since we did have a
> flea problem last year), and healthy, and UTD on her vacs.
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Adrian[_2_]
July 23rd 09, 02:52 PM
I'm glad Betty is OK and her ordeal is over.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

bigboy
July 23rd 09, 03:38 PM
On Jul 23, 9:52*am, "Adrian" > wrote:
> I'm glad Betty is OK and her ordeal is over.
> --
> Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Bagheera & Shadow)
> Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Many Purrs are on the way for you and Betty. I know how hard this
is. Feliway spray may help calm her down some.

Mommy of:

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar

Magic Mood Jeep
July 23rd 09, 03:56 PM
"bigboy" > wrote in message
On Jul 23, 9:52 am, "Adrian" > wrote:
> I'm glad Betty is OK and her ordeal is over.
> --
> Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Bagheera & Shadow)
> Cats leave pawprints on your
> hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Many Purrs are on the way for you and Betty. I know how hard this
is. Feliway spray may help calm her down some.

Tried that a while ago - just made Weeble more paranoid looking for the
cat he couldn't find. We can't win!
--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Joy
July 23rd 09, 07:05 PM
I'm glad she's in good condition physically. Purrs for a quick recovery
from the trauma - for both of you!

--

> [...]

>> her
>> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
>> --
>> The ONE and ONLY
>> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
>> former-blonde
>> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
>> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
>> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep
>>

> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
> her
> wipe out Bunny's world domination.
> --
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net

Gandalf
July 24th 09, 02:07 AM
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:41:18 -0400, "Magic Mood Jeep"
> wrote:

>Capturing her was much easier than I anticipated. She tried to hide in a
>corner of the room, at the base of the cat tower, and I placed the carrier
>in front of her, grabbed her with both hands (one on her shoulders, one
>behind her hear) and pushed/pulled her toward the carrier. Once she
>realized it was her only "escape" she went in. And then cried.
>
>And cried.
>
>Bam-Bam was "teasing" her as she sat there in the carrier, so I left 1/2
>an hour earlier than I normally would have to give her respite from that
>torture. So she cowered in the carrier the entire time at TED, even had
>to disassemble it to get her out of it. I thought she had wee'd in the
>carrier, as her paws were wet, but the carrier and the fake lambswool pad
>in it were dry, so it looks like she drooled herself in her terror.
>
>She is healthy, gained about a pound in the two years since we've had her
>in (we didn't want to torture her this way last year, so we skipped it),
>lungs sound fine, but her heart was racing like she'd been chased by a
>Doberman! Teeth looked good, and she was very docile while there (more
>like petrified!) and took her worming meds and shots like the big kitty
>she is.
>
>Thanks for all the purrs - now can all you cats purr for her nerves? Send
>her good vibes so she will get over this awful/terrible/tragic thing that
>happened to her?

Snippage....

Sending purrs that Betty get over her terror from the TED trip, ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ >^..^<

- Robert Heinlein

July 24th 09, 02:22 AM
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

> Capturing her was much easier than I anticipated. She tried to hide in a
> corner of the room, at the base of the cat tower, and I placed the carrier
> in front of her, grabbed her with both hands (one on her shoulders, one
> behind her hear) and pushed/pulled her toward the carrier. Once she
> realized it was her only "escape" she went in. And then cried.

> And cried.

> Bam-Bam was "teasing" her as she sat there in the carrier, so I left 1/2
> an hour earlier than I normally would have to give her respite from that
> torture. So she cowered in the carrier the entire time at TED, even had
> to disassemble it to get her out of it. I thought she had wee'd in the
> carrier, as her paws were wet, but the carrier and the fake lambswool pad
> in it were dry, so it looks like she drooled herself in her terror.

> She is healthy, gained about a pound in the two years since we've had her
> in (we didn't want to torture her this way last year, so we skipped it),
> lungs sound fine, but her heart was racing like she'd been chased by a
> Doberman! Teeth looked good, and she was very docile while there (more
> like petrified!) and took her worming meds and shots like the big kitty
> she is.

> Thanks for all the purrs - now can all you cats purr for her nerves? Send
> her good vibes so she will get over this awful/terrible/tragic thing that
> happened to her?

Aww, I have a boy kitty who knows exactly how she feels. He says he knows
she's scared to death right now, and maybe even mad at the people who
did this to her, but in a very short time, she's going to forget this
ever happened. And then before long, she'll be rubbing up against mommy
in the hope of a cuddle or a kitty treat.

--
Joyce ^..^

Karla
July 24th 09, 09:52 AM
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> Capturing her was much easier than I anticipated. She tried to hide in a
> corner of the room, at the base of the cat tower, and I placed the carrier
> in front of her, grabbed her with both hands (one on her shoulders, one
> behind her hear) and pushed/pulled her toward the carrier. Once she
> realized it was her only "escape" she went in. And then cried.
>
> And cried.
>
> Bam-Bam was "teasing" her as she sat there in the carrier, so I left 1/2
> an hour earlier than I normally would have to give her respite from that
> torture. So she cowered in the carrier the entire time at TED, even had
> to disassemble it to get her out of it. I thought she had wee'd in the
> carrier, as her paws were wet, but the carrier and the fake lambswool pad
> in it were dry, so it looks like she drooled herself in her terror.
>
> She is healthy, gained about a pound in the two years since we've had her
> in (we didn't want to torture her this way last year, so we skipped it),
> lungs sound fine, but her heart was racing like she'd been chased by a
> Doberman! Teeth looked good, and she was very docile while there (more
> like petrified!) and took her worming meds and shots like the big kitty
> she is.
>
> Thanks for all the purrs - now can all you cats purr for her nerves? Send
> her good vibes so she will get over this awful/terrible/tragic thing that
> happened to her?
(snip)

Purrs and vibes from Oregon, we're all very relaxed here-almost comatose!

I'm glad her check-up was good, and her heart must be very strong to sustain
the racing. Poor girl, how frightened she must be.

I don't know if this would work for you at all, but I used to put Sneaker
and Sister in the same carrier, it seemed to reassure them. I quit doing
that when I had to return the big carrier to the person I borrowed it from!
I don't know why I never bought a large one, two small ones just seemed to
be easier to handle.
Karla