PDA

View Full Version : If you love cats..

Marcia Berg
July 24th 09, 05:13 AM
1 cat cut in serving-sized pieces dusted in flour with salt and pepper

1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil

6 artichokes

CAT BRAISE

2 1/4" thick slices of slab bacon, diced

1 small sweet onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 carrot, diced

1 lemon

3 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced

1/2 c. dry white wine

2-4 c. homemade chicken broth

garni of 4 flat parsley stems, 6 leafy thyme branches, 1 bay leaf tied
up with kitchen twine Salt and pepper

1/4 c chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)

--------

Snap the leaves off the artichokes until only the tender inner leaves
remain. Snap off the stem. Trim the remaining green bits from the
bottom of the artichoke, and cut off the inner leaves in a bunch at the
point where they are very tender. Pare the tough green outer layer off
the remaining stem, pairing the stem into a point. Now cut the
artichoke bottom into quarters and remove the choke with a sharp knife
from each quarter. Rinse to remove any traces of foin ("hay") and drop
them into a bowl of water acidulated with the juice of half a lemon.
Heat 2 T olive oil in a large heavy casserole or Dutch oven. Dredge the
cat pieces in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Brown over medium
heat, turning regularly, until golden on all sides. Remove cat pieces
to a plate and dump any oil remaining in the pan. Add 1 T of the
remaining oil and the bacon dice. (Omit bacon if you only have access
to the thin-sliced vacuum packed supermarket variety.) Sauté until
cooked but not "crisp". Add the remaining T of oil and the onion and
carrot. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the artichoke quarters and the
garlic, stir one minute, and add the tomatoes and the white wine. Turn
up the heat and reduce until syrupy, stirring constantly, for about 5
minutes. Lay the bouquet garni on top of the vegetables. Arrange the
cat pieces on top, together with any juice accumulated in the plate.
Pour in enough broth to come halfway up the sides of the cat pieces.
Cover and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer over very low heat
about 1 hour or cook in the oven at 350 degrees for the same amount of
time. The cat should be just tender and part readily from the bone.
Don't overcook or it will become dry. Check the liquid level frequently
and add more broth if necessary. Turn the cat pieces once.
When done, remove the cat pieces to a warm platter and arrange the
vegetables, removed with a slotted spoon, around them. Cover and keep
warm. Strain the remaining pan juices into a smaller saucepan and
reduce over high heat, skimming frequently, until reduced by 1/3. Pour
over the platter and serve immediately. Sprinkle with finely chopped
flat-leaf parsley if you like.

--

Matthew[_3_]
July 24th 09, 07:13 AM

Your orginality -23

Alphonze[_2_]
July 24th 09, 08:38 AM
On Jul 24, 2:13*pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:
> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> Your orginality *-23

Hugely unimaginative, I grant you. But, ignoring the troll aspects,
the recipe itself looks interesting!

The recipe is very Italian, so cat would be as inappropriate as
venison or hare - far too gamey. I am going to try making this with
pork (but I think it'd be good with veal too; I just can't get decent
veal in Hong Kong).

A glass of orvieto would be suitable to accompany, I think.

Al. (who is going to share the food with the cats, naturally)

MLB[_2_]
July 24th 09, 09:54 AM
Matthew wrote:
> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> Your orginality -23

But the best that can be done with half a brain.

MaryL
July 24th 09, 01:00 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> Matthew wrote:
>> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>>
>> Your orginality -23
> But the best that can be done with half a brain.

Are you sure it has that much? It might be brainless...it certainly is
clueless.

MaryL

Stormmee
July 24th 09, 03:45 PM
wonder how this would taste using a bitch troll? Lee
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> Your orginality -23

Stormmee
July 24th 09, 03:47 PM
good point, Lee
"MLB" > wrote in message
> Matthew wrote:
>> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>>
>> Your orginality -23
> But the best that can be done with half a brain.

tanadashoes
July 24th 09, 08:57 PM
"Marcia Berg" > wrote in message

Snip Troll work

Cheryl Daniel's Pot Roast

Dredge roast in flour, then brown in pan with thin layer of olive oil (abt
20 minutes turning frequently). salt and pepper to taste. Add water to one
inch over roast. Chop carrots, potatoes, onions into bite sized pieces,
add. Include mushrooms, corn, peas to mix. Cook in dutch oven or crock pot
at 350-75 F for 2-3 hours checking for doneness. Serves 1-?. Please invite
me over for dinner.

Pam S

tanadashoes
July 24th 09, 09:00 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> Your orginality -23

Yes, he is very unoriginal. His spacing on the recipe deserves a -15. I'm
sure someone can do better than this.

Pam S giving an aggregate score (look it up troll) of -38.

Lesley[_3_]
July 24th 09, 09:25 PM
On Jul 24, 12:57*pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:
Please invite
> me over for dinner.

And ME!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley[_3_]
July 24th 09, 09:40 PM
On Jul 24, 12:57*pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:

*Cook in dutch oven or crock pot

Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Jofirey
July 24th 09, 10:12 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:

Cook in dutch oven or crock pot

Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?

Lesley

I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

I don't think I'd try it in a slow cooker. You would need to brown
it first anyway, and that takes too long to do in the morning before
going to work. I don't think it would work out to get the meat
tender and the vegetable all done but not overdone at the same time.

I would cook a roast like this on top of the stove the whole time,
on a low simmer once the water was added. And not put the veggies
in until the last hour.

Jo

Lesley[_3_]
July 24th 09, 10:15 PM
On Jul 24, 2:12*pm, "Jofirey" > wrote:

> I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

Okay what is a bonelesss chuck roast?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Smokie Darling (Annie)
July 24th 09, 10:20 PM
On Jul 24, 6:00*am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "MLB" > wrote in message

> > Matthew wrote:
> >> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> >> Your orginality *-23
> > But the best that can be done with half a brain.
>
> Are you sure it has that much? *It might be brainless...it certainly is
> clueless.
>
> MaryL

Well, they had to have enough of a brain to turn on the computer,
compose the post, then send it, so more than none, less than half?

Granby
July 24th 09, 11:01 PM
Or, maybe a stray cat helped. Saw this through nether post.
wrote:
> "MLB" > wrote in message

> > Matthew wrote:
> >> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> >> Your orginality -23
> > But the best that can be done with half a brain.
>
> Are you sure it has that much? It might be brainless...it certainly is
> clueless.
>
> MaryL

Well, they had to have enough of a brain to turn on the computer,
compose the post, then send it, so more than none, less than half?

Granby
July 24th 09, 11:27 PM
Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
else?
"Alphonze" > wrote in message
On Jul 24, 2:13 pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:
> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>
> Your orginality -23

Hugely unimaginative, I grant you. But, ignoring the troll aspects,
the recipe itself looks interesting!

The recipe is very Italian, so cat would be as inappropriate as
venison or hare - far too gamey. I am going to try making this with
pork (but I think it'd be good with veal too; I just can't get decent
veal in Hong Kong).

A glass of orvieto would be suitable to accompany, I think.

Al. (who is going to share the food with the cats, naturally)

Wayne Mitchell
July 25th 09, 12:01 AM
"Granby" > wrote:

>Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
>else?

Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
bridge has long-since been swept away.

(We got two more inches of rain today.)
--

Wayne M.

MLB[_2_]
July 25th 09, 12:40 AM
Wayne Mitchell wrote:
> "Granby" > wrote:
>
>> Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
>> else?
>
> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
> bridge has long-since been swept away.
>
> (We got two more inches of rain today.)

And here in the West we are having triple digit weather. Best wishes. MLB

July 25th 09, 01:27 AM
MLB wrote:

> Wayne Mitchell wrote:

>> "Granby" > wrote:

>>> Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
>>> else?

>> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
>> bridge has long-since been swept away.
>>
>> (We got two more inches of rain today.)

> And here in the West we are having triple digit weather. Best wishes. MLB

Here in the west-of-the-west, we are having an unseasonably cold summer,
punctuated by occasional days of high heat and humidity. It's actually
pleasant weather (well, for someone like me, anyway - I get uncomfortable
when the temp goes over 75F/24C). But my tomato plant doesn't seem to
like it. It's growing very slowly and I'm not sure it will ever flower,
much less produce sweet fruit.

I love the question of whether global warming will kill off trolls. :)
Unfortunately, I think trolls are too nasty to be easily killed.

--
Joyce ^..^

Jofirey
July 25th 09, 05:36 AM
"Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote:
>
>>Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before
>>anything
>>else?
>
> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under
> the
> bridge has long-since been swept away.
>
> (We got two more inches of rain today.)
> --
>
> Wayne M.

Written by someone in New England from another group.

Water, water on our floor, soaking tiles. Towels in piles. Rain -
enough!

Gandalf
July 25th 09, 06:10 AM
STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:36:51 -0700, "Jofirey" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message
>> "Granby" > wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before
>>>anything
>>>else?
>>
>> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under
>> the
>> bridge has long-since been swept away.
>>
>> (We got two more inches of rain today.)
>> --
>>
>> Wayne M.
>
>Written by someone in New England from another group.
>
>Water, water on our floor, soaking tiles. Towels in piles. Rain -
>enough!

Stormmee
July 25th 09, 08:52 AM
I just did a choice beef eye of round with potatoes, onions and celery, one
can of beef broth and 2 cups of water, in my brand new seven quart crock
pot... it was 4.5 pounds and long enough that DH had to cut it in half. i
cooked it from frozen, 4 hours on high then overnight on low until it
reached the majical temp... i was going to say what DH picked but we went
for 200 internal temp for a hope at a more tender roast. I also make beef
top round and beef bottom round roast this way in the crock pot. the key to
this is just enough water and a very long cooking time. have also done pork
roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups water
does it.

Lee who only cooks in the crock and steamer
"Jofirey" > wrote in message

> "Lesley" > wrote in message
> On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:
>
> Cook in dutch oven or crock pot
>

> Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?
>
> Lesley
>
> I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.
>
> I don't think I'd try it in a slow cooker. You would need to brown it
> first anyway, and that takes too long to do in the morning before going to
> work. I don't think it would work out to get the meat tender and the
> vegetable all done but not overdone at the same time.
>
> I would cook a roast like this on top of the stove the whole time, on a
> low simmer once the water was added. And not put the veggies in until the
> last hour.
>
> Jo

Stormmee
July 25th 09, 08:52 AM
think pot roast if you have a cut for that, Lee
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Jul 24, 2:12 pm, "Jofirey" > wrote:

> I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

Okay what is a bonelesss chuck roast?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Stormmee
July 25th 09, 08:55 AM
sure would be nice if they were an indicater species... wheres that gas
guzzler, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
> else?
> "Alphonze" > wrote in message
> On Jul 24, 2:13 pm, "Matthew" >
> wrote:
>> Oh please A troll in the cat groups
>>
>> Your orginality -23
>
> Hugely unimaginative, I grant you. But, ignoring the troll aspects,
> the recipe itself looks interesting!
>
> The recipe is very Italian, so cat would be as inappropriate as
> venison or hare - far too gamey. I am going to try making this with
> pork (but I think it'd be good with veal too; I just can't get decent
> veal in Hong Kong).
>
> A glass of orvieto would be suitable to accompany, I think.
>
> Al. (who is going to share the food with the cats, naturally)

Stormmee
July 25th 09, 08:57 AM
the whole reason i am posting is because i woke to big thunder boomers, then
it rained... sounded like some cat peeing on the concrete, then it quit so i
plugged the computer back in and started reading.

Lee
"Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote:
>
>>Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
>>else?
>
> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
> bridge has long-since been swept away.
>
> (We got two more inches of rain today.)
> --
>
> Wayne M.

Granby
July 25th 09, 12:05 PM
It has rained so much here and been so cool except for a few "hot spells" as
Granny would call them. The green beans are sparse and so are the tomatoes.
Peppers fine. The flowers are beautiful. Just too much rain and cold. Has
been 63 several times this month. Not good for July.
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> the whole reason i am posting is because i woke to big thunder boomers,
> then it rained... sounded like some cat peeing on the concrete, then it
> quit so i plugged the computer back in and started reading.
>
> Lee
> "Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message
>> "Granby" > wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before
>>>anything
>>>else?
>>
>> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
>> bridge has long-since been swept away.
>>
>> (We got two more inches of rain today.)
>> --
>>
>> Wayne M.

Nan
July 25th 09, 01:42 PM
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:27:08 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:

>Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
>else?

snipped

Nope, trolls are like cockroaches. They could live through a nuclear
attack.

Hugs and purrs,

Nan and the furkids

MLB[_2_]
July 25th 09, 05:16 PM
wrote:
> MLB wrote:
>
> > Wayne Mitchell wrote:

> >> Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
> >> bridge has long-since been swept away.
> >>
> >> (We got two more inches of rain today.)
>
> > And here in the West we are having triple digit weather. Best wishes. MLB
>
> Here in the west-of-the-west, we are having an unseasonably cold summer,
> punctuated by occasional days of high heat and humidity. It's actually
> pleasant weather (well, for someone like me, anyway - I get uncomfortable
> when the temp goes over 75F/24C). But my tomato plant doesn't seem to
> like it. It's growing very slowly and I'm not sure it will ever flower,
> much less produce sweet fruit.
>
> I love the question of whether global warming will kill off trolls. :)
> Unfortunately, I think trolls are too nasty to be easily killed.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor, so was able to see the
"out" again. We are having very high temps ( 98 to 103) but there is
still snow on the mountain tops. I remember one year this happened and
we got an early fall snow before the old snow had disappeared.TuTu
enjoys lying outside on the enclosed patio and only comes in to snack or
"potty".

MLB

tanadashoes
July 25th 09, 08:43 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:

Cook in dutch oven or crock pot

Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

**********************

I make something similar that I do cook in the crock pot. I use beef broth
or bullion as part of the water and set it up to cook all day. Beef works
best, I usually use either a chuck or rump roast. A tougher roast works
really well. I know someone who used deer, but I haven't the courage.

Pam S.

tanadashoes
July 25th 09, 08:45 PM
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
>I just did a choice beef eye of round with potatoes, onions and celery, one
>can of beef broth and 2 cups of water, in my brand new seven quart crock
>pot... it was 4.5 pounds and long enough that DH had to cut it in half. i
>cooked it from frozen, 4 hours on high then overnight on low until it
>reached the majical temp... i was going to say what DH picked but we went
>for 200 internal temp for a hope at a more tender roast. I also make beef
>top round and beef bottom round roast this way in the crock pot. the key
>to this is just enough water and a very long cooking time. have also done
>pork roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
>flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups
>water does it.
>
> Lee who only cooks in the crock and steamer

We use similar recipes for our Beef pot roasts. The pork one looks really
good BTW. I'll have to try it.

Pam S

Jofirey
July 26th 09, 12:05 AM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Jul 24, 2:12 pm, "Jofirey" > wrote:

> I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

Okay what is a bonelesss chuck roast?

Lesley

Looking at the charts Americans call everything from the shoulder of
the beef chuck, it appears that British call that portion neck and
clod, chuck and blade and thick rib.

Jo

Lesley[_3_]
July 26th 09, 04:20 PM
On Jul 25, 12:52*am, "Stormmee" > wrote:
.. *have also done pork
> roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
> flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups water
> does it.

Pork and pineapple with onion and green peppers? 4 of my favourite
foods in one pot?!

Guess what we;ll be having sometime soon? We're both great fans of
pork even through Dave used to say he didn't like it- today we had one
of our favourite "fast foods" a boneless loin pork steak shoved in the
George Forman for 10-12 minutes with sweetcorn and peppers stir fried
and one of those packs of new potatoes with herbs and butter that
steam in the microwave- 15 minutes from starting to plate and that
includes topping it with hickory smoke BBQ sauce-I hadn't done much if
any housework over the last week due to the bloody swine flu so I
wanted something quick so I could get on with things

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Stormmee
July 26th 09, 11:21 PM
if you are going to use beer or wime use a pork roast, Lee
"tanadashoes" > wrote in message

> "Lesley" > wrote in message
> On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:
>
> Cook in dutch oven or crock pot
>

> Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?
>
> Lesley
>
> The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>
> **********************
>
> I make something similar that I do cook in the crock pot. I use beef
> broth or bullion as part of the water and set it up to cook all day. Beef
> works best, I usually use either a chuck or rump roast. A tougher roast
> works really well. I know someone who used deer, but I haven't the
> courage.
>
> Pam S.

Stormmee
July 26th 09, 11:24 PM
the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a bag of
onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most stores, I have also
gotten all green peppers frozen and then a bag of pearl onions , I for some
reason love pearl onions,

Lee
"tanadashoes" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>I just did a choice beef eye of round with potatoes, onions and celery,
>>one can of beef broth and 2 cups of water, in my brand new seven quart
>>crock pot... it was 4.5 pounds and long enough that DH had to cut it in
>>half. i cooked it from frozen, 4 hours on high then overnight on low until
>>it reached the majical temp... i was going to say what DH picked but we
>>went for 200 internal temp for a hope at a more tender roast. I also make
>>beef top round and beef bottom round roast this way in the crock pot. the
>>key to this is just enough water and a very long cooking time. have also
>>done pork roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for
>>the flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups
>>water does it.
>>
>> Lee who only cooks in the crock and steamer
>>

> We use similar recipes for our Beef pot roasts. The pork one looks really
> good BTW. I'll have to try it.
>
> Pam S

Stormmee
July 26th 09, 11:26 PM
while we are on this subject since there are so many different countries
represented here, anyone who wants to know about an american food can go to
the usda website, it has names, descriptions and nutrition infor more even
than basic stuff, Lee
"Jofirey" > wrote in message

> "Lesley" > wrote in message
> On Jul 24, 2:12 pm, "Jofirey" > wrote:
>
>> I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.
>>

> Okay what is a bonelesss chuck roast?
>
> Lesley
>

> Looking at the charts Americans call everything from the shoulder of the
> beef chuck, it appears that British call that portion neck and clod,
> chuck and blade and thick rib.
>
> Jo

Stormmee
July 26th 09, 11:29 PM
this pork crock meal is one of my favorites, you can cook down the broth in
a skillet after and it will sweeten up and get a little sticky depending on
the pinapple you use, then it makes a great glaze for rice, I use brown...
but any is good... also DH sometimes just cooks the pork and pineapple on
the stove if it is a steak or chop, he leaves out everything else and that
is good also.

Lee
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Jul 25, 12:52 am, "Stormmee" > wrote:
.. have also done pork
> roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
> flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups
> water
> does it.

Pork and pineapple with onion and green peppers? 4 of my favourite
foods in one pot?!

Guess what we;ll be having sometime soon? We're both great fans of
pork even through Dave used to say he didn't like it- today we had one
of our favourite "fast foods" a boneless loin pork steak shoved in the
George Forman for 10-12 minutes with sweetcorn and peppers stir fried
and one of those packs of new potatoes with herbs and butter that
steam in the microwave- 15 minutes from starting to plate and that
includes topping it with hickory smoke BBQ sauce-I hadn't done much if
any housework over the last week due to the bloody swine flu so I
wanted something quick so I could get on with things

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Jofirey
July 27th 09, 12:04 AM
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a
> bag of onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most
> stores, I have also gotten all green peppers frozen and then a bag
> of pearl onions , I for some reason love pearl onions,
>
> Lee

I love pearl onions too. Now that things can be fancy I really like
the little Italian Cipploino onions we get. Especially since I
finally learned to par boil the little suckers before I try to peal
them. It isn't Thanksgiving if we don't have creamed onions, even
if I am the only one that insists.

Jo

Stormmee
July 27th 09, 12:11 AM
now there's a recipe i could stand to have, Lee
"Jofirey" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a bag of
>> onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most stores, I have also
>> gotten all green peppers frozen and then a bag of pearl onions , I for
>> some reason love pearl onions,
>>
>> Lee
>
> I love pearl onions too. Now that things can be fancy I really like the
> little Italian Cipploino onions we get. Especially since I finally
> learned to par boil the little suckers before I try to peal them. It
> isn't Thanksgiving if we don't have creamed onions, even if I am the only
> one that insists.
>
> Jo

Jofirey
July 27th 09, 12:20 AM
I just cook the onions, and then add them to a thick white sauce.

2tbs flour
2tbs butter
cook and stir until bubbly, then add 1 cup milk, stirring to keep it
smooth and cook until thick. Add a bit more milk if it needs it.
Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as a sprinkle of nutmeg, or
mace if you have it. Stir in hot pearl onions.

Jo
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> now there's a recipe i could stand to have, Lee
> "Jofirey" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>> the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a
>>> bag of onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most
>>> stores, I have also gotten all green peppers frozen and then a
>>> bag of pearl onions , I for some reason love pearl onions,
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> I love pearl onions too. Now that things can be fancy I really
>> like the little Italian Cipploino onions we get. Especially
>> since I finally learned to par boil the little suckers before I
>> try to peal them. It isn't Thanksgiving if we don't have creamed
>> onions, even if I am the only one that insists.
>>
>> Jo

Stormmee
July 27th 09, 12:31 AM
omg how good would this be with peas and onions...drooling now, Lee
"Jofirey" > wrote in message
>I just cook the onions, and then add them to a thick white sauce.
>
> 2tbs flour
> 2tbs butter
> cook and stir until bubbly, then add 1 cup milk, stirring to keep it
> smooth and cook until thick. Add a bit more milk if it needs it. Add salt
> and pepper to taste, as well as a sprinkle of nutmeg, or mace if you have
> it. Stir in hot pearl onions.
>
> Jo
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> now there's a recipe i could stand to have, Lee

>>> I love pearl onions too. Now that things can be fancy I really like the
>>> little Italian Cipploino onions we get. Especially since I finally
>>> learned to par boil the little suckers before I try to peal them. It
>>> isn't Thanksgiving if we don't have creamed onions, even if I am the
>>> only one that insists.
>>>
>>> Jo

Granby
July 28th 09, 12:09 AM
I make creamed onions just for myself. Love them.
"Jofirey" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a bag of
>> onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most stores, I have also
>> gotten all green peppers frozen and then a bag of pearl onions , I for
>> some reason love pearl onions,
>>
>> Lee
>
> I love pearl onions too. Now that things can be fancy I really like the
> little Italian Cipploino onions we get. Especially since I finally
> learned to par boil the little suckers before I try to peal them. It
> isn't Thanksgiving if we don't have creamed onions, even if I am the only
> one that insists.
>
> Jo

Granby
July 28th 09, 12:10 AM
I make a white sauce and add a gob of whatever cheese I happen to have at
the time.