PDA

View Full Version : What have you done lately . . .

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 24th 09, 08:47 PM
. . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats and
twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
committed," look?

Me first. I was listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" last week, and (if
you know the show), in the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" sketch, Guy was being
hired by a woman with a lost cat. The woman gave him specific instructions
on how he was to call the cat (in a ridiculous, annoying soprano):
"Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!").

So of course, I immediately said to Dante, "OK, how would you like that?
Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!"

Dante looked like a martyr in an old painting. ;)

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Stormmee
July 24th 09, 09:08 PM
first the difference between the cat and 12 year old is you want to smack
the kid and the cat is at least cute, sometimes even cool when he does it...
last time we got it was this morning and stormmee wanted to see what DH was
fixing so he let her sniff the watermelon and cantalope... she was
incredulous we would eat THAT and looked insulted he had fouled her nostrils
with it, : Realize TV would have grabbed either and tried to swallow the
cunk whole, Lee

"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...
> . . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
> obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats
> and twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have
> you committed," look?
>
> Me first. I was listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" last week, and
> (if you know the show), in the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" sketch, Guy was
> being hired by a woman with a lost cat. The woman gave him specific
> instructions on how he was to call the cat (in a ridiculous, annoying
> soprano): "Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!").
>
> So of course, I immediately said to Dante, "OK, how would you like that?
> Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!"
>
> Dante looked like a martyr in an old painting. ;)
>
> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Steve Touchstone[_3_]
July 25th 09, 01:12 AM
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
<drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:

> . . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
>obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats and
>twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
>committed," look?

<snip>

brought not one, but two rats into the mix. I think they find Blondie,
the new girl, much more entertaining. She's a youngster, about 6 weeks
old, and much more energetic than Hanna, the Mama Rat I found on the
patio. Hanna pretty much ignores the cats, but Blondie will come
running when she sees a cat looking in the cage and acts like she
wants to play. The cats don't know what to make of her antics. Little
Bit is the most disgusted with the newcomers. She hates change of any
kind, and now I've brought in a new cage with strange critters
scurrying around inside. She seems to make a point of stopping to look
at the cage and glaring at me whenever she knows I'm watching.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby

Kreisleriana[_2_]
July 25th 09, 02:09 AM
"Steve Touchstone" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
> <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> . . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
>>obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats
>>and
>>twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
>>committed," look?
>
> <snip>
>
> brought not one, but two rats into the mix. I think they find Blondie,
> the new girl, much more entertaining. She's a youngster, about 6 weeks
> old, and much more energetic than Hanna, the Mama Rat I found on the
> patio. Hanna pretty much ignores the cats, but Blondie will come
> running when she sees a cat looking in the cage and acts like she
> wants to play. The cats don't know what to make of her antics. Little
> Bit is the most disgusted with the newcomers. She hates change of any
> kind, and now I've brought in a new cage with strange critters
> scurrying around inside. She seems to make a point of stopping to look
> at the cage and glaring at me whenever she knows I'm watching.

How are the rats getting along?

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Joy
July 25th 09, 02:16 AM
"Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote in message
m...
> . . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
> obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats
> and twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have
> you committed," look?
>
> Me first. I was listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" last week, and
> (if you know the show), in the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" sketch, Guy was
> being hired by a woman with a lost cat. The woman gave him specific
> instructions on how he was to call the cat (in a ridiculous, annoying
> soprano): "Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!").
>
> So of course, I immediately said to Dante, "OK, how would you like that?
> Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!"
>
> Dante looked like a martyr in an old painting. ;)
>
> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Waffles gets pretty disgusted when I go into the loo and sit on his water
dish. ;-) Naturally, the filtered water I put out every day in the dining
room isn't good enough for him.

Joy

Steve Touchstone[_3_]
July 25th 09, 02:19 AM
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:09:00 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
<drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:

>> <snip>
>>
>> brought not one, but two rats into the mix.
<snip>

>How are the rats getting along?

Pretty well, Blondie only joined us yesterday - For now they're not
interacting much, sleeping on opposite sides of the cage, etc - but at
least there's no squabbling or aggressive behavior from either ratty.
I've posted more under the header 'mostly ot: blondie joins hanna'

--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
and Rocky (RB)
Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj

Will in New Haven
July 25th 09, 02:41 AM
On Jul 24, 8:12*pm, Steve Touchstone >
wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
>
> <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
> > . . *to make your cat give you that look? *You know, that "Well, they're
> >obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? *That look that cats and
> >twelve-year-olds do so well? *That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
> >committed," look?
>
> <snip>
>
> brought not one, but two rats into the mix. I think they find Blondie,
> the new girl, much more entertaining. She's a youngster, about 6 weeks
> old, and much more energetic than Hanna, the Mama Rat I found on the
> patio. Hanna pretty much ignores the cats, but Blondie will come
> running when she sees a cat looking in the cage and acts like she
> wants to play. The cats don't know what to make of her antics. Little
> Bit is the most disgusted with the newcomers. She hates change of any
> kind, and now I've brought in a new cage with strange critters
> scurrying around inside. She seems to make a point of stopping to look
> at the cage and glaring at me whenever she knows I'm watching.

When we got Buddy, our Severe Macaw, some of the cats gave their Mommy
and I some very odd looks. But the oddest look was the one Sunrise
gave Buddy a few weeks later as they met on the stairs to and from the
sunken living room. I watched in horror at their proximity as Sunni
was going down and Buddy coming up but Buddy turned her face to
Sunrise and said "Hello" and Sunrise sat down and _stared_

--
Will in New Haven

Granby
July 25th 09, 02:52 AM
Hey Will, that should have had a BW in front of it. Now I have to clean
wine off the keyboard and my shirt. Glad it was white tine. That was one
of the "Priceless" kodak moments we get in life.
wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
>
> <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
> > . . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
> >obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats
> >and
> >twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
> >committed," look?
>
> <snip>
>
> brought not one, but two rats into the mix. I think they find Blondie,
> the new girl, much more entertaining. She's a youngster, about 6 weeks
> old, and much more energetic than Hanna, the Mama Rat I found on the
> patio. Hanna pretty much ignores the cats, but Blondie will come
> running when she sees a cat looking in the cage and acts like she
> wants to play. The cats don't know what to make of her antics. Little
> Bit is the most disgusted with the newcomers. She hates change of any
> kind, and now I've brought in a new cage with strange critters
> scurrying around inside. She seems to make a point of stopping to look
> at the cage and glaring at me whenever she knows I'm watching.

When we got Buddy, our Severe Macaw, some of the cats gave their Mommy
and I some very odd looks. But the oddest look was the one Sunrise
gave Buddy a few weeks later as they met on the stairs to and from the
sunken living room. I watched in horror at their proximity as Sunni
was going down and Buddy coming up but Buddy turned her face to
Sunrise and said "Hello" and Sunrise sat down and _stared_

--
Will in New Haven

July 25th 09, 02:55 AM
Will in New Haven wrote:

> When we got Buddy, our Severe Macaw, some of the cats gave their Mommy
> and I some very odd looks. But the oddest look was the one Sunrise
> gave Buddy a few weeks later as they met on the stairs to and from the
> sunken living room. I watched in horror at their proximity as Sunni
> was going down and Buddy coming up but Buddy turned her face to
> Sunrise and said "Hello" and Sunrise sat down and _stared_

LOL!!! That's right up there with the first time Francis saw a hen
lay an egg. Another kitty WTF moment! :) ("That thing doesn't *look*
like a human...")

Just wait until it meows at Sunrise. :)

--
Joyce ^..^

MLB[_2_]
July 25th 09, 04:45 AM
Steve Touchstone wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
> <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> . . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
>> obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats and
>> twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
>> committed," look?
>
> <snip>
>
> brought not one, but two rats into the mix. I think they find Blondie,
> the new girl, much more entertaining. She's a youngster, about 6 weeks
> old, and much more energetic than Hanna, the Mama Rat I found on the
> patio. Hanna pretty much ignores the cats, but Blondie will come
> running when she sees a cat looking in the cage and acts like she
> wants to play. The cats don't know what to make of her antics. Little
> Bit is the most disgusted with the newcomers. She hates change of any
> kind, and now I've brought in a new cage with strange critters
> scurrying around inside. She seems to make a point of stopping to look
> at the cage and glaring at me whenever she knows I'm watching.
> --
> Steve Touchstone
> Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
> and Rocky (RB)
> Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
> Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj

She is probably wondering why her dinner" is where she can't get it? MLB

Mischief[_2_]
July 25th 09, 06:00 AM
On Jul 24, 12:47*pm, "Kreisleriana" <drtmuirATearthlink.net> wrote:
> *. . *to make your cat give you that look? *You know, that "Well, they're
> obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? *That look that cats and
> twelve-year-olds do so well? *That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
> committed," look?
>
> Me first. *I was listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" last week, and (if
> you know the show), in the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" sketch, Guy was being
> hired by a woman with a lost cat. *The woman gave him specific instructions
> on how he was to call the cat *(in a ridiculous, annoying soprano):
> "Poooooooooookie! *PookiePookiePookiePookie!").
>
> So of course, I immediately said to Dante, "OK, how would you like that?
> Poooooooooookie! *PookiePookiePookiePookie!"
>
> Dante looked like a martyr in an old painting. *;)
>
> --
> Theresa and Dante
>
> Stinky Forever:http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

My BF, or "The BOY" as referred to by the cats loves to give them,
'over-snuggles' as I call it. You kinda need to see it.

Basically a cat, usually Mischief or Mayhem is just lounging around,
and the BF walks by and suddenly leans over, wraps both arms around
the cat, buries his face in their fur, and says, "Oh, i got the
KITTY!! I GOT THE KITTY!!! SNUGGLESNUGGLESNUGGLES!!
WHO'STHEPRETTYKIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTYCAAAAAAAT!!!!" Then he suddenly
releases them and walks away, "Okay I'm done with you now."

Mischief and Mayhem used to have the WTF look when he did that. Now
if their head is sticking out while receiving these snuggles I usually
see the "ohnonotagainHELPME!!" look.

Well, the BOY is in San Diego for Comic Con. I will be going down
tomorrow night after work to join him, since our show, Repo! The
Genetic Opera, will be having a panel and then a screening at a
theater nearby.

Anyways, he told me over the phone last night while we were exchanging
goodbyes to give the kitties "smooches and snuggles"

Sooooo last night I was lounging in bed/watching TV and Mischief
jumped up, kneaded one of the pillows, meowing and announcing her
GLORIOUS presence before flopping on her side.

I decided to try it. I gave Mischief a BIG HUG and did it like I've
seen my BF do it.

When I was done, Mischief's eyes were WIDE with a, "WTF do YOU think
you are doing, Meowmie?"

I told the BF, who said, "Duh, you're not doing it right."

hmph.....

Kristi

July 27th 09, 12:26 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:

> ...to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well,
> they're obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look?

I do very few things that do *not* cause my cats to give me that look.

But my favorite is singing a song to Licky while doing a little dance
at the same time. That gets some marvelous airplane ears out of him.
I'm not sure if he's thinking I'm insane, or that I'm about to do
something scary. Or maybe he just thinks I'm a really bad dancer.

--
Joyce ^..^