PDA

View Full Version : Talkative

Stan Brown
April 4th 10, 06:06 PM
I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately.
A cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants
something, but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing
the sound of his own voice.

No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.

He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a
lot. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

jmc
April 4th 10, 08:27 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Stan Brown exclaimed (4/4/2010 1:06 PM):
> I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately.
> A cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants
> something, but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing
> the sound of his own voice.
>
> No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.
>
> He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a
> lot. :-)

Could be nothing, but if this is really unusual for him, you might want
to consider a vet visit, or at least calling the vet. Increased
vocalization I think is a symptom of something, but what, escapes me
just now.

jmc

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
April 4th 10, 11:16 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Stan Brown exclaimed (4/4/2010 1:06 PM):
>> I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately. A
>> cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants something,
>> but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing the sound of
>> his own voice.
>>
>> No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.
>>
>> He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a lot.
>> :-)
>>

> Could be nothing, but if this is really unusual for him, you might want to
> consider a vet visit, or at least calling the vet. Increased vocalization
> I think is a symptom of something, but what, escapes me just now.

Hyperthyroidism.

Paul

Mark Earnest
April 5th 10, 12:35 AM
"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
t...
>I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately.
> A cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants
> something, but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing
> the sound of his own voice.
>
> No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.
>
> He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a
> lot. :-)

Can't you see he's trying to make conversation with you?
Say something in cat!

Mark

---MIKE---
April 5th 10, 01:33 AM
That's like the day two weeks ago when Amber was meowing and trying to
lead me into the bedroom (she NEVER meows except on the way to the vet).
She kept looking under the bed but there was nothing there that I could
see. I figure that Ike (RB in 1999) had come for a visit.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Petzl
April 5th 10, 03:30 AM
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:06:38 -0400, Stan Brown
> wrote:

>I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately.
>A cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants
>something, but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing
>the sound of his own voice.
>
>No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.
>
>He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a
>lot. :-)

He's probably feeling lonley, just wants a snuggle
Petzl
--
"Dieu et mon droit" God is my legal right
http://preview.tinyurl.com/Christian-Court

honeybunch
April 6th 10, 10:13 PM
In the Spring a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of Love. Cat's
too.

On Apr 4, 1:06*pm, Stan Brown > wrote:
> I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately. *
> A cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants
> something, but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing
> the sound of his own voice.
>
> No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.
>
> He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a
> lot. :-)

> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://OakRoadSystems.com
> Shikata ga nai...

In spring a young cat's fancy turns to thought of love

Stan Brown
April 9th 10, 10:52 AM
Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:35:58 -0500 from Mark Earnest
>:
>
> "Stan Brown" > wrote in message
> t...
> >I don't know what it is, but Milo has been meowing up a storm lately.
> > A cat's meow sounds like a baby's cry, so I assume that he wants
> > something, but I've come to the conclusion that he just likes hearing
> > the sound of his own voice.
> >
> > No, he's not Siamese, just your basic mutt cat from the pound.
> >
> > He probably thinks the same thing about me, because I talk to him a
> > lot. :-)
>
> Can't you see he's trying to make conversation with you?
> Say something in cat!

Oh, I do, but my accent is so bad that I don't think he can
understand me.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...