PDA

View Full Version : Cat scratcher emery board no more clipping?

barb
April 21st 10, 02:37 PM
Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base? Supposedly
it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. One of my cats hates
to be clipped.

Barb

Rene
April 21st 10, 06:07 PM
On Apr 21, 8:37*am, "Barb" > wrote:
> Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base? *Supposedly
> it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. *One of my cats hates
> to be clipped.
>
> Barb

I don't have one, but I read another forum that has a pet area, and
several people there tried it and did not like it (or the cats did not
use it).

I honestly am not sure how a scratcher could "file" a cats nails down
since cats' nails shed in layers.

starcat
April 22nd 10, 03:16 AM
"Barb" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base?
> Supposedly it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. One of my
> cats hates to be clipped.
>
> Barb

Don't waste your money. My cat only likes the little feather toy it comes
with. I wasn't hoping for it to file down his claws - I just thought he'd
get a kick out of using it, but he just doesn't.

MaryL
April 22nd 10, 02:04 PM
"Barb" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base?
> Supposedly it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. One of my
> cats hates to be clipped.
>
> Barb

I have not seen them, but I have read lots of negative comments. A couple
of people even said their cats were injured by the coarse "sand" that is
embedded in the scratcher.

MaryL

barb
April 22nd 10, 03:25 PM
Guess there's nothing like a good old clipper!

Barb

Melinda
April 23rd 10, 07:02 AM
I have one and I have 8 cats In the house. Out of the 8 only 4 will use
It and they do not use It every day Like they do the regular post. I
would never Buy It again. They do Like the feather toy It came with But
they ruined that In a couple of days. Melinda

cybercat
April 23rd 10, 08:32 AM
"Melinda" > wrote in message
>I have one and I have 8 cats In the house. Out of the 8 only 4 will use
> It and they do not use It every day Like they do the regular post. I
> would never Buy It again. They do Like the feather toy It came with But
> they ruined that In a couple of days. Melinda

Wow. You use your caps key like you have tourettes.