PDA

View Full Version : Purrs for Meep

jmc
April 22nd 10, 11:09 PM
We don't know if anything's actually wrong yet, but at her vet visit
yesterday the vet thought she felt a lump near Meep's cecum. Might be a
tumor, Vet's not sure. Meep is also slowly but surely losing weight,
despite eating (somewhat) better over the last couple of months - she
gets two small cans or one big (tuna can sized) per day, more if she
finishes that off. Most days she eats 75% or more of that. She should
weigh around 8.5 lbs, she's down to 7lb 6oz. Vet commented on her
slightly elevated BUN but normal creatnine at her last blood test (Nov),
saying this might indicate something wrong with her gut (I think).

Meep's demeanor hasn't really changed, but there's just something I
can't quite put my finger on - and don't know if it's just old age or
something else. I'm desperately worried it's the latter. She turns 14
in a couple of weeks.

It's sit-and-wait at the moment, they took blood and we're waiting for
results back.

She's been in good health, good coat, clear eyes, so I'm hoping she'll
be around a good number of years yet.

jmc

Stan Brown
April 23rd 10, 02:36 AM
Wow -- that's rough. And of course you can't even ask her what's
wrong. I hope the vet can shed some light, one way or the other.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Rene
April 23rd 10, 03:05 PM
Purrs and hugs for you. Waiting for test results sure stinks. Give
Meep lots of pets while you're waiting.

Nadia N.
April 24th 10, 12:09 AM
Purrs from Kotyo and Sweety and good thoughts from me.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety

Rene
April 26th 10, 07:58 PM
Any word yet? Crossing my fingers.

jmc
April 26th 10, 11:19 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Rene exclaimed (4/26/2010 2:58 PM):
> Any word yet? Crossing my fingers.

Partial word - bloodworks were ok, first part of gastro panel ok, still
waiting on second half.

Either she doesn't like the taste of the pepcid & ulcer med, or they're
not helping, as she hasn't eaten much in 24 hours. Going to skip them
tonight to see if she'll eat.

jmc