PDA

View Full Version : Asking for diagnosis

Jason Leow
April 27th 10, 06:13 AM
Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get rid of
something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray of his lungs
and chest and found "shadows" around them, and concluded that there is
infection.

So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting better
(or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been on antibiotics
for a week. Now the vet has given him another kind of antibiotics plus
an expectorant but I feel he is as clueless as I am about what is
happening.

Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?

Matthew[_3_]
April 27th 10, 06:20 AM
"Jason Leow" > wrote in message
> Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get rid of
> something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray of his lungs
> and chest and found "shadows" around them, and concluded that there is
> infection.
>
> So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting better
> (or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been on antibiotics
> for a week. Now the vet has given him another kind of antibiotics plus
> an expectorant but I feel he is as clueless as I am about what is
> happening.
>
> Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?

Jason we are not vets Sounds like the infection is not being cured. I
would call another vet for another opinion

Rene
April 27th 10, 02:21 PM
Get copies of the x-rays/bloodwork/other records and see another vet
for a second opinion. It's possible he might not even have an
infection if the medication isn't helping.

John Doe
May 6th 10, 11:23 AM
"Matthew" <iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com> wrote:

> "Jason Leow" <jasonslleow gmail.com> wrote

>> Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get
>> rid of something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray
>> of his lungs and chest and found "shadows" around them, and
>> concluded that there is infection.
>>
>> So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting
>> better (or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been
>> on antibiotics for a week. Now the vet has given him another
>> kind of antibiotics plus an expectorant but I feel he is as
>> clueless as I am about what is happening.
>>
>> Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?
>
> Jason we are not vets

But of course you do not know that no one reading this group is a
veterinarian, Madden.
--

> Sounds like the infection is not being cured. I
> would call another vet for another opinion

> From: "Matthew" <iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Asking for diagnosis
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:20:18 -0400

John Doe
May 6th 10, 11:50 AM
Jason Leow > wrote:

> Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get
> rid of something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray
> of his lungs and chest and found "shadows" around them, and
> concluded that there is infection.
>
> So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting
> better (or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been
> on antibiotics for a week. Now the vet has given him another
> kind of antibiotics plus an expectorant but I feel he is as
> clueless as I am about what is happening.
>
> Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?

There is another group that might be worth asking.
alt.med.veterinary
Good luck.