PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* and she was doing so well.

jmc
May 11th 10, 04:49 AM
So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.

Why oh why do they never get sick during business hours?

Got her painkiller shot, and another to give her in the AM, so she's
feeling better but I'm a wreck. Long story short I brought a yearling
colt home a week ago, he was sick with various things (like bringing
home a rescue), and just today he's finally seemed to turn the corner.

And now Meep's sick again. And, if the emergency vet's scale is
correct, she's lost 1/4# in two weeks! I think it's wrong, she doesn't
have that much to lose, and she's been eating better with the new meds
she's been on.

She hasn't had an attack like this in years (crystals and blood in her
urine), and I've been doing all the right things; I thought we were past
this. It's simple stress - hubby's packing a bunch of stuff to move to
our retirement home, and I'm sure Meep thinks we're moving again (she
knows the symptoms). We're not, but we can't tell her that.

It came on fast, too. I cleaned her box at 5, she's been fine all
evening and checked it when we noticed she was in pain (around 9:30pm),
and she had used it. But she was still trying to pee on paper all over
the house, poor thing!

I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

jmc

MLB[_2_]
May 11th 10, 06:16 AM
jmc wrote:
> So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
> emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
> there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.
>
> Why oh why do they never get sick during business hours?
>
> Got her painkiller shot, and another to give her in the AM, so she's
> feeling better but I'm a wreck. Long story short I brought a yearling
> colt home a week ago, he was sick with various things (like bringing
> home a rescue), and just today he's finally seemed to turn the corner.
>
> And now Meep's sick again. And, if the emergency vet's scale is
> correct, she's lost 1/4# in two weeks! I think it's wrong, she doesn't
> have that much to lose, and she's been eating better with the new meds
> she's been on.
>
> She hasn't had an attack like this in years (crystals and blood in her
> urine), and I've been doing all the right things; I thought we were past
> this. It's simple stress - hubby's packing a bunch of stuff to move to
> our retirement home, and I'm sure Meep thinks we're moving again (she
> knows the symptoms). We're not, but we can't tell her that.
>
> It came on fast, too. I cleaned her box at 5, she's been fine all
> evening and checked it when we noticed she was in pain (around 9:30pm),
> and she had used it. But she was still trying to pee on paper all over
> the house, poor thing!
>
> I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
>
> jmc

Sending heartfelt purrs for Meep to get well and to comfort you. MLB

Gandalf
May 11th 10, 08:51 PM
On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:49:00 -0400, jmc
> wrote:

>So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
>emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
>there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.
>
>Why oh why do they never get sick during business hours?
>
>Got her painkiller shot, and another to give her in the AM, so she's
>feeling better but I'm a wreck. Long story short I brought a yearling
>colt home a week ago, he was sick with various things (like bringing
>home a rescue), and just today he's finally seemed to turn the corner.
>
>And now Meep's sick again. And, if the emergency vet's scale is
>correct, she's lost 1/4# in two weeks! I think it's wrong, she doesn't
>have that much to lose, and she's been eating better with the new meds
>she's been on.
>
>She hasn't had an attack like this in years (crystals and blood in her
>urine), and I've been doing all the right things; I thought we were past
>this. It's simple stress - hubby's packing a bunch of stuff to move to
>our retirement home, and I'm sure Meep thinks we're moving again (she
>knows the symptoms). We're not, but we can't tell her that.
>
>It came on fast, too. I cleaned her box at 5, she's been fine all
>evening and checked it when we noticed she was in pain (around 9:30pm),
>and she had used it. But she was still trying to pee on paper all over
>the house, poor thing!
>
>I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
>
>jmc
I'm sorry to hear about poor Meep :(

Cystitis is REALLY miserable. I hope it responds to treatment ASAP!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100511-1, 05/11/2010
Tested on: 5/11/2010 2:51:49 PM

jmc
May 11th 10, 10:46 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Gandalf exclaimed (5/11/2010 3:51 PM):
> On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:49:00 -0400, jmc
> > wrote:
>
>> So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
>> emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
>> there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.
>>
>> Why oh why do they never get sick during business hours?
>>
>> Got her painkiller shot, and another to give her in the AM, so she's
>> feeling better but I'm a wreck. Long story short I brought a yearling
>> colt home a week ago, he was sick with various things (like bringing
>> home a rescue), and just today he's finally seemed to turn the corner.
>>
>> And now Meep's sick again. And, if the emergency vet's scale is
>> correct, she's lost 1/4# in two weeks! I think it's wrong, she doesn't
>> have that much to lose, and she's been eating better with the new meds
>> she's been on.
>>
>> She hasn't had an attack like this in years (crystals and blood in her
>> urine), and I've been doing all the right things; I thought we were past
>> this. It's simple stress - hubby's packing a bunch of stuff to move to
>> our retirement home, and I'm sure Meep thinks we're moving again (she
>> knows the symptoms). We're not, but we can't tell her that.
>>
>> It came on fast, too. I cleaned her box at 5, she's been fine all
>> evening and checked it when we noticed she was in pain (around 9:30pm),
>> and she had used it. But she was still trying to pee on paper all over
>> the house, poor thing!
>>
>> I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
>>
>> jmc
> I'm sorry to hear about poor Meep :(
>
> Cystitis is REALLY miserable. I hope it responds to treatment ASAP!
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 100511-1, 05/11/2010
> Tested on: 5/11/2010 2:51:49 PM

Thanks. She's on antibiotics, probiotics, and painkillers, so she's
doing fine. I've mostly recovered too :)

jmc

Nadia N.
May 12th 10, 01:32 AM
jmc wrote:
> So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
> emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
> there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.

Poor Meep, and poor you! Purrs from Kotyo who's had his share of
cystitis attacks, more purrs from Sweety, and best wishes from me who's
been where you are right now.

Hopefully she's feeling better by now, and there won't be a repeat
attack. If the attack was due to stress, maybe some Feliway would help?

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety

Rene
May 12th 10, 04:39 PM
I am sorry for you and Meep. I hope she is doing better now. I agree
with Nadia that using Feliway is a good idea (if you aren't already).

I wanted to suggest a supplement for Meep that might help her long
term. It's an herbal called Tract Ease that's available from Only
Natural Pet. I have ordered several products from this company over
the years and have been satisfied. (I am not affiliated with them,
only a customer). They have good service and all-natural products.

Here is the link to the product. Read the reviews. There are many
positive ones form pet owners.

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Only-Natural-Pet-Tract-Ease-Herbal-Formula/999017.aspx

Rene

Patty
May 16th 10, 11:04 PM
On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:46:12 -0400, jmc wrote:

> Suddenly, without warning, Gandalf exclaimed (5/11/2010 3:51 PM):
>> On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:49:00 -0400, jmc
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
>>> emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
>>> there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.
>>>
>>> Why oh why do they never get sick during business hours?
>>>
>>> Got her painkiller shot, and another to give her in the AM, so she's
>>> feeling better but I'm a wreck. Long story short I brought a yearling
>>> colt home a week ago, he was sick with various things (like bringing
>>> home a rescue), and just today he's finally seemed to turn the corner.
>>>
>>> And now Meep's sick again. And, if the emergency vet's scale is
>>> correct, she's lost 1/4# in two weeks! I think it's wrong, she doesn't
>>> have that much to lose, and she's been eating better with the new meds
>>> she's been on.
>>>
>>> She hasn't had an attack like this in years (crystals and blood in her
>>> urine), and I've been doing all the right things; I thought we were past
>>> this. It's simple stress - hubby's packing a bunch of stuff to move to
>>> our retirement home, and I'm sure Meep thinks we're moving again (she
>>> knows the symptoms). We're not, but we can't tell her that.
>>>
>>> It came on fast, too. I cleaned her box at 5, she's been fine all
>>> evening and checked it when we noticed she was in pain (around 9:30pm),
>>> and she had used it. But she was still trying to pee on paper all over
>>> the house, poor thing!
>>>
>>> I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
>>>
>>> jmc
>> I'm sorry to hear about poor Meep :(
>>
>> Cystitis is REALLY miserable. I hope it responds to treatment ASAP!
>>

>> ---
>> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>> Virus Database (VPS): 100511-1, 05/11/2010
>> Tested on: 5/11/2010 2:51:49 PM
>>

> Thanks. She's on antibiotics, probiotics, and painkillers, so she's
> doing fine. I've mostly recovered too :)
>
> jmc

Hope it clears up real soon and Meep feels better.

Patty