PDA

View Full Version : No poops from Tiger

---MIKE---
May 24th 10, 11:33 PM
Usually Tiger presents large (and smelly) poops. For the last two days
I have seen very little. He is eating and acting normal. I gave him
some Laxatone on a plate (which he seems to like) in the hopes that this
will get things moving.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

John Ross Mc Master
May 25th 10, 12:27 AM
On Mon, 24 May 2010 18:33:00 -0400,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

>Usually Tiger presents large (and smelly) poops. For the last two days
>I have seen very little. He is eating and acting normal. I gave him
>some Laxatone on a plate (which he seems to like) in the hopes that this
>will get things moving.
>

> ---MIKE---
>>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Weigh him. The same thing happened with my Beauty and she had an
infection anmd lost weight.

May 25th 10, 12:59 AM
On May 24, 3:33*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
> Usually Tiger presents large (and smelly) poops. *For the last two days
> I have seen very little. *He is eating and acting normal. *I gave him
> some Laxatone on a plate (which he seems to like) in the hopes that this
> will get things moving.

If you think he may be constipated or blocked, try giving him a
massage. Years ago, I had a cat who was growling, and it got worse
when I touched her belly. I took her to the vet, and he felt for any
problems and found nothing. But she felt better and pooped half an
hour after getting home. Years later, she had a couple similar events.
Not growling yet, but obviously in discomfort and trying to use the
litter box. So, I massaged her bell, gently, for a good 10-15 minutes.
Each time, within an hour, she used the litter box and showed no more
problems.

My vet also said that as they get older, their system doesn't work as
well, so she did get some laxatone a few days a week to help her
system run more smoothly.

---MIKE---
May 25th 10, 11:01 AM
Last night, just before I went to bed, Tiger pooped. I guess the
Laxatone worked and I know he isn't blocked.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
May 25th 10, 07:08 PM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
Last night, just before I went to bed, Tiger pooped. I guess the
Laxatone worked and I know he isn't blocked.

*******************

Yay, Tiger!

MLB[_2_]
May 25th 10, 07:24 PM
---MIKE--- wrote:
> Last night, just before I went to bed, Tiger pooped. I guess the
> Laxatone worked and I know he isn't blocked.
>

> ---MIKE---
>>> In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

The way the world is today, it's a wonderful thing that our main worry
is whether our cat poops or not. I'm right there with you.
carry on. MLB

cybercat
May 26th 10, 04:23 AM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> ---MIKE--- wrote:
>> Last night, just before I went to bed, Tiger pooped. I guess the
>> Laxatone worked and I know he isn't blocked.
>>

>> ---MIKE---
>>

> The way the world is today, it's a wonderful thing that our main worry is
> whether our cat poops or not. I'm right there with you.

Me too!

May 28th 10, 10:39 AM
On May 27, 5:17*pm, "Kelly Greene" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> My vet also said that as they get older, their system doesn't work as
> well, so she did get some laxatone a few days a week to help her
> system run more smoothly.
>
> Were you feeding her dry kibble or a good canned cat food?
> --

I feed canned food twice a day and have dry food available. So, they
eat a good mix. I had Kira for 12 years, and she had 3 of these
occurrences over that time.